• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That's a sucky way to attempt to tell him to leave it alone. That post would piss me off even more if I was JFox. At the same time your making Pocky sound evil JFox. It's like Death Note on smashboards.

@Starcock: Please accept that $20 dollar mm vs Slivick. I'll even be generous enough to record you getting your arse kicked.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well quite frankly i'm getting very annoyed by his desire to make something out of nothing and it's probably showing through at this point

Keitaro

Yeah, I can feel it. But it's whatever, as you said, no on really does care. Just for the future we do need more panelists for the next list. That is all.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
The problem is, everyone is saying "We need more panelists, the list needs to be this and that," but when it comes down to it, no one steps it up.

Sensei is volunteering to be a panelist, and I approve.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lets go with sensei/Jfox/who? for the next list then (which will probably be the final one if brawl is decent.)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Someone from THP. Inui isn't exactly a favorite right now.

I was also thinking maybe we can add a fourth that isn't part of a crew at all.

Anyway, to confirm since I never really stated it, I did have a bit of a say in the rankings. Should it count as being a panelist is up to you, but for regulation purposes, it's probably a good idea to put me in there until the next session. I indeed agree with this list.

JFox

Smash Hero
I still feel I should address the PockyD thing. I'm not fond of breaking the rules, but I do think it was a good call and would like to justify my rational. If you "don't care" than don't read.

When I made the list, PockyD was already on the PA list. However, the list was made mid-season, and Pocky was playing almost exclusively in NJ at the time (and living here). It wasn't very fair of me to make a rule that keeps him from being off the rankings mid-season with all of his accomplishments. And because these rules are exclusively NJ's rules, it wasn't very fair to ask him to be taken off the PA list when he was already on it. But keep in mind that this list expresses the past, it expresses how people performed in a three month period. So at this point, LK Reik and Pocky are all PA players. The rules were made before the new (current) season started, and people were aware of this. So from now on, the rule will be adhered to, there won't be any other exceptions in the future.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't have any problems with Eggm.

I care infinitely more about who they beat and who they lost to, and Sensei's list impresses me more. That's it.

No need to flame me over it(JFox...).

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to interrupt the discussion. Attention Finder admins:

I've decided that the player finder is getting quite large and needs so cleaning and condensing. The way I think is best to do this is by making the entire finder clickable. Notice how I have done this with the "College Finder" This is how I want the "NJ Player Finder", "Tournament Finder", and "Video Finder" to be set up. Lets get to work.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
I leave for a while and this thread turns to donkey sausage. Lets speak about something else. Now I can't stop thinking about inuis girl, and I won't rest until I either have sex with her or become Hokage.

(Not really going to try Inui, so please put down the knife :) )

mog87

Smash Ace
I suppose I could technically be a panelist if needed since I dont really have any bias. Well not much at least.

JFox

Smash Hero
I suppose I could technically be a panelist if needed since I dont really have any bias. Well not much at least.
I strongly second this nomination. He is not in a crew, he is a very intelligent and non-biased person, is decently active, and most importantly he is willing to be a panelist. He has also proved responsible in his positions as an Finder Admin, which simply adds further credibility.

can you put diablo 2 lod for additional info?
Added.

Name: Joe
County: IDK
City: Bayonne
Contact Info: sxcyBeast103@yahoo.com
College: I am in High School. BHS.
Crew: None
You are in high school...you should know your county. You live in Hudson county, and lucky for you there is a whole crew based in Bayonne called I.H.N.C. You should check them out, they are excellent smashers.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I leave for a while and this thread turns to donkey sausage. Lets speak about something else. Now I can't stop thinking about inuis girl, and I won't rest until I either have sex with her or become Hokage.

(Not really going to try Inui, so please put down the knife :) )
IM me and I can show you pics of her. ;)

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Everyone should check out how awesome the Player Finder on page one looks. Very hip, clicky, and aesthetically pleasing. (Just like cheerleaders...LOL)

Page 1, check it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
too clicky when it comes to the player finder IMO

almost as much as finding players in your region, it can be used to find where someone you've met actually lives, which is more difficult with 3 links to search through instead of one page

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
i like starcocks sense of humor, although he did come off on the wrong foot with some people. mog has played many people so as long as he continues to go to nj tournies he would be a good candidate.

max do you have good items for d2? (or some paly or druid equipment?)

Magus420

Smash Master
too clicky when it comes to the player finder IMO

almost as much as finding players in your region, it can be used to find where someone you've met actually lives, which is more difficult with 3 links to search through instead of one page
Yeah, I agree. Maybe NJPlayerFinder should pull a triple post somewhere in here if it's going to link directly to each region, and link each without single post view so one could also easily browse/search the other regions if they wanted without needing to open each up separately. It'd be nice if you could link to a line within a single post, but I don't think that is possible right?

The other things being linked instead of all being together in one big post really helps to clean it up though imo. Looks good.

JFox

Smash Hero
Thanks for the input guys. Here's my conundrom.

I can't make one giant section, and than also have three smaller regional sections. This is because every time something needs to be edited, it would be necessary to do it twice. So it either one or the other...right now it seems like everyone wants one big section.

Any further input would be lovely. Once I feel out what everyone likes best, I'll change it to that.

Scar

#HarveyDent
IMHO, everyone should learn than vs then. It's very easy.

Then marks a transition to the next item in a sequence of events, i.e. I did this and then I did that.

Than implies a comparison, i.e. I'd rather do this than that, or he's better than me, which of course is never true.

JFox

Smash Hero
IMHO, everyone should learn than vs then. It's very easy.

Then marks a transition to the next item in a sequence of events, i.e. I did this and then I did that.

Than implies a comparison, i.e. I'd rather do this than that, or he's better than me, which of course is never true.
Scar, thats so funny you posted this. I actually noticed my mistake after I posted, but was too lazy to edit. Than I closed my browser and immediately thought "man I hope I don't get grilled for that."

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions, keep em coming.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol I actually started my post with "JFox I love you and no disrespect intended," but then I figured you wouldn't care too much anyways. It just hurts my eyes. Pocky nearly killed me.

Keitaro

Mog87 is actually in I.H.N.C but I don't know if he still acknologes "can't spell" it so I dunno what's up with that. Since he joined I.H.N.C. I updated his info with that information around last month.

mog87

Smash Ace
well i didnt really join they just added me as honorary member lol...since I do live in close proximity and play them often.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
keitaro - mog isnt really in IHNC it kinda wuz a joke cuz he played us all the time lolz he is their honorary member cuz he always plays us

... well mog beat me to it lolz

Magus420

Smash Master
Thanks for the input guys. Here's my conundrom.

I can't make one giant section, and than also have three smaller regional sections. This is because every time something needs to be edited, it would be necessary to do it twice. So it either one or the other...right now it seems like everyone wants one big section.

Any further input would be lovely. Once I feel out what everyone likes best, I'll change it to that.
I was suggesting you make a triple post so that they are all next to each other and put each region in one of them so you can link to each region separately, but still have all of it together as if it were 'one giant post' still. So I'm saying yes, you could 'make one giant section, and than also have three smaller regional sections'.

Top Bottom