• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Renth

Smash Hero
I probably could, Renth.
alright lucas i don't have my license yet so i don't think i'll be able to have anyone drive me it's close to a 5 hour drive from my place alone so when i do i'll probably have to house for a few days that or i'll take a bus. I'll talk to you on aim buddy.

let me know when this takes place
Sure thing, i haven't played any of the NJ guys in a really long time. Aside from the 100 matches i played with Reik the other day

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
alright lucas i don't have my license yet so i don't think i'll be able to have anyone drive me it's close to a 5 hour drive from my place alone so when i do i'll probably have to house for a few days that or i'll take a bus. I'll talk to you on aim buddy.

Sure thing, i haven't played any of the NJ guys in a really long time. Aside from the 100 matches i played with Reik the other day
100 matches with Reik? I'm jealous :psycho:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Inui and Renth in one place? Hmmm....Inui better not mind me stopping by to play ya'll when this happens :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lmao vanz i woulda possible made it if i entered another NJ tourney cuz i only entered 1 tourney in the NJ state and u need to enter 2 to be qualified for the power rankings and im terrible :(

g-regulate

Smash Hero
pocky, my 1 loss to you in our set at FC kept me from getting 1 seed in 2nd round pools. i beat chillin, and still got a 3 seed. revenge!!!!

also, wheres handsome comp?!?!? hes gotta be top 10

Renth

Smash Hero
@ everyone.

I was gonna take a trip out but i lack the funds right now so if anyone wants to visit free food + housing for as long as you want it.

Keitaro

Yeah, I like the setup but the words "NJ Player Finder" should definitely be in there. I was completely confused at to what this thread was about when I saw it in my subscribed section.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I wanna get a good place on the power ranking and i should get the legendary m2k training everyone is talking about >_>

lolz m2k gimme more sheik dittos :laugh: cuz i want the 2nd sheik in NJ :chuckle:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Tec0, myself, and VanZ are unranked due to not meeting the activity requirements. Same goes for the likes of Ryoko and Doyoung, etc. I am the former 3rd rank, so I guess it's surprising to not see me there anymore. >_>;

Well, no matter. Those that really want to be ranked will make the requirements.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec0, myself, and VanZ are unranked due to not meeting the activity requirements. Same goes for the likes of Ryoko and Doyoung, etc. I am the former 3rd rank, so I guess it's surprising to not see me there anymore. >_>;

Well, no matter. Those that really want to be ranked will make the requirements.
actually it is.. lol

i still thought u would make it actually >_> o well i guess u didnt enter many tournies or else u woulda probably made it for sure

Keitaro

just go to m2k's house...his mom is very welcoming to all smashers
Tell Eazy to call me next time you and Slivik come by RU :)

Make sure to tell him twice cause his candy *** didn't even call me when singles pools started at Smashacre :mad:

Edit: Got ya ChiboSempai.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
plz update my info. it was:
ElChibo
City: Brigantine
Contact Info: AIM - MarkKorsak83088
College: Drexel University
Additional Info: I play tons of games, but no other fighting games competitively
Crew: ToS (Titans of Smash)

now its...

ChiboSempai
City: Brigantine
Contact Info: AIM - ChiboSempai
College: Drexel University
Additional Info: I play tons of games, but no other fighting games competitively
Crew: ToS (Titans of Smash)

JFox

Smash Hero
Here's the links:

North: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119170&p=2998563
Central: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119170&p=2998566
South: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119170&p=2998579

WoZ should edit out his sig from his post in the thread so the page loads faster though.

Magus, I appreciate the help, but I think I like it best the way it is. Now, if you click where it says "NJ Player Finder" you can see the entire thread. So people have the option of looking through the entire player finder, or exclusively looking at their own region.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
Tell Eazy to call me next time you and Slivik come by RU :)

Make sure to tell him twice cause his candy *** didn't even call me when singles pools started at Smashacre :mad:

Edit: Got ya ChiboSempai.
oh really? mmm...that's strange he didn't tell me that, maybe he theecretely didn't want you to join singles so he'd have a better shot hahaha, he's sucha noob, eazy enjois bro *****, we might come by sometime after october, but yeah, we'll have some good matches

JFox

Smash Hero
So I'd like to know who the panelists are so we can start preparation for the next list. Is it going to be me, Inui, Sensei?

As most of you know, I took the liberty of keeping track of each and every effing tourney that ANYONE in the state attended. Although Inui was at first doing his part, it really ended up falling into my hands.

Its a lot of extra work for me to be keeping track of these tourneys, especially when people go out of state. So I'd like to divide up the work between panelists. I was thinking that one person (probably Sensei) would keep track of the Smashacres/TSA Tourneys, Inui could do Cheezits, and I'll take care of OOS tourneys. (Which I volunteer for simply because its the most responsibility)

Last time, I kept them all in a word file and then periodically listed all of them. This time what I would like to do is actually make a section in the finder specifically for that. Under the power rankings I will have this current season's tournament results posted. This way at any time people can see how they have placed in this season's tournaments.

So all Sensei and Inui will have to do is post the full singles bracket, and a link to the thread it came from. (And tio link if possible) This way if a tournament is missed by us, the community can correct us.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar's Grammar and Spelling Corner

It's a lot of extra work for me... ...because it's the most responsibility.
Fixed. <3 picking on JFox. It's = it is, its = possessive.

Rules To Remember

Then vs Than:

Then marks a transition to the next item in a sequence of events.
If I make a grammatical error, then Scar will **** me for it.

Than implies some sort of comparison.
Cactuar is better than you unconditionally.

It's vs Its:
It's means "it is." If you can substitute the phrase "it is" for wherever you have put "it's," then you, Pakman, are correct.
It's too big to put in there.

Its is the possessive form of it, to be used when you are talking about something that belongs to any third-person gender-neutral pronoun.
I hate the ****ing owl from OoT and its stupid ramblings that seem to last a half hour that you can't skip through and infrequently have to sit through twice for mashing the A button and asking it to repeat itself.

Let's vs Lets:
"Let's," much like "it's," is a contraction meaning "let us." No one says "let us" anymore, so "let's" is used most frequently to introduce a suggestion.
Let's use a player finder account to make more fun of Cash Mooney.

"Lets" is the present tense of the verb "to let." It's used when expressing something that is allowed to happen.
Bowser's sub-par level design lets Mario drop him into a giant pit of fire. You'd think he would have built a floor or something.

Supposedly vs Supposively:

"Supposedly" marks the beginning of a supposition. It lets a person make a statement while simultaneously admitting that his source is heresay and/or unreliable.
Supposedly, Samus is a good character, but in my experience she is way overrated / horrible.

"
Supposively" is a corruption of the English word "supposedly," presumably a byproduct of living far too long without reading any 10+ year old material.
Supposively you have to receive a graved invitation to attend the ball.

An Album Cover vs Anal Bum Cover: Coming soon!

Top Bottom