• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea, its all about the player v player matchups in tourney, not just placement with all the bracket **** that goes around these days

eazy is top 15. guaranteed

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Me gimping in melee was a myth T_T
tell that to qdvs's fox

o yea and no offense to the guy but blue isnt really that good.... he beat blueshell at nn2 wit cuz the timer ran out so i've heard... i dont really think thats the kinda things that should represent nj... i dont kno about the other tourney's he's been too but if u look at his bracket at nn2 it was like random, random, random, random, blueshell, m2k, random, m2k

fkacyan

Smash Hero
He's not. (being ranked, that is)

And Inui...WAAAAAA BIAS WAAAAAA :(

Doyoung, Tec0 and Captain Falcon deserve honorable mentions :)

Edit: Eazy should deff be ranked in order to accurately represent the strength of NJ.
If Orion's Falcon isn't at the top of the list the list fails.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
yea, blue > pride? no way lol
lol doesn't Blue always outplace Pride and beat better ppl then Pride? Why SHOULDN'T he be ranked higher?

Cheezit said:
Any of you RU guys know anything about the Lynton Towers North On livingston cause thats my dorming assignment is it nice? Does it have AC etc
No air conditioning. I haven't been in the rooms but I heard they're slightly smaller than the dorms in the quads, which were a decent size imo. The Towers

btw, I'm gonna be on the 3rd floor of South Tower, which is right next to North Tower. We should get lots of smash in this year :).

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol doesn't Blue always outplace Pride and beat better ppl then Pride? Why SHOULDN'T he be ranked higher?

No air conditioning. I haven't been in the rooms but I heard they're slightly smaller than the dorms in the quads, which were a decent size imo. The Towers

btw, I'm gonna be on the 3rd floor of South Tower, which is right next to North Tower. We should get lots of smash in this year :).
pride's average placement is 9th lmao...

and cheezit if you're an engineer why aren't you dorming on busch? livingston kinda sah-sucks for housing :-/

Edit: o man 600th post i deserve a cookie or a teh spamerer brownie :D

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
pride's average placement is 9th lmao...
The Peak, Already
25. Pride
Blue wasn't there

Princeton Smashfest
7/12: Pride
Blue wasn't there

No Nonsense 1
9. Pride
Blue wasn't there

No Nonsense 2
9: Blue
17: Pride

SWR 3
13: Pride
Blue wasn't there

SWR 4
7: Blue (Sonic)
Pride wasn't there

Terrabyte
13: Blue(beat Pride)
17: Pride(lost to Blue)

There is no way that averages to 9 for Pride.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
WOW don't give me that bs inui bs.
U don't care about the list passed the first 5 spots so just stfu.
I "tend" to lose 2 randoms?
I've loss to ONE random. Unless Baji n ehter( at princeton smashfest) Malcolm and dm( nn2) Velocity and lk(nn) and Blueshell at swr or whatever. R those randoms Inui???

I'm not going to personally attack any player, but I will attack your bs comments. U write a whole lot, so it looks like fact. But really its just your poor logic leaking out.
My poor placement usually resulted from fighting good players very early on. We cant all have a cakewalk until 9th place is guaranteed.

N 2 say i placed horribly at only 1 event, 1 ru weekly, is bs, again...we are talking about the 12-15 spot range so wtf do u expect 2nd n 3rd places all around?
I dont see anyone passed numer 6 on the list with those kinda placings, so use your **** brain.
If you want me to discuss something with you, keep your negative attitude in check and type in a manner that isn't painful to read. Thank you, kind sir.

Anyways, Keitaro and I discussed things at great length over the phone and also made a discovery while BlackWaltz was at my house. We have agreed on this so far:

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. dmbrandon
4. Inui
5. Atomsk
6. Yes!
7. BlackWaltz
8. Emblem Lord
9. Lord Knight
10. Keitaro
11. Bajisci
12. Ether
13. Blue

14 and 15 are being debated between PRiDE, AAAA, and Eazy.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
I had Busch Ahead of livingston but its gay Freshman housing its so stupid i meanj i didn't wanna be in the enginner residence dorm cause thats just stupid LOl

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I had Busch Ahead of livingston but its gay Freshman housing its so stupid i meanj i didn't wanna be in the enginner residence dorm cause thats just stupid LOl
davidson's where it's at dude :D

B or C tho. A got changed to all guys and D got changed to all girls...

Eazy23

Smash Lord
painful to read because its true?
You are ridiculous, really you are.
You usually go point by point proving people wrong, umm I'm waiting kindly for my destruction. Who are all of these randoms I lose 2 inui
?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
painful to read because its true?
You are ridiculous, really you are.
You usually go point by point proving people wrong, umm I'm waiting kindly for my destruction. Who are all of these randoms I lose 2 inui
?
No, because you type very poorly. It's truthfullness (and I don't find it that true, to be honest) has nothing to do with it.

I really wish I had my archive. I don't have sufficient data to actually explain anything right now. However, I know for certain that you generally place poorly and have lost to people that are generally unknown. Some guy named BlueCheese or whatever ring a bell?

You constantly make it a point to note at every tournament that you "should have won," "got bored," "don't like Brawl," and other things. Why do you care so much about being on the rankings?

If you want to make progress, just talk to Keitaro about the 14th and 15th spot. I don't have the detailed stuff in front of me to give good input. Keitaro and I have agreed on 1 through 13 already.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I actually played melee today and gimped Spam's falco :laugh:

AND I beat spam on poke floats.

Yep today was indeed a great day for me :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
<_< I was Peach on Floats you ***got and the gimping was like my 2nd match of the day

I'm sorry, did you get 3 stocked by my GANONDORF on Green Greens with FOX? :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
<_< I was Peach on Floats you ***got and the gimping was like my 2nd match of the day

I'm sorry, did you get 3 stocked by my GANONDORF on Green Greens with FOX? :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
I'm sorry I forgot that when I played you im fairly sure it was my first few matches too scrub sauce :laugh:

And no johns about losing on floats.

You were peach. PEACH! A CHARACTER WITH ITEMS AND you can FLOAT. I was GANONDORF a giant slow projectile that has a sword THAT HE REFUSES TO USE.

I win.

Green Greens win was gay your lucky apples can explode.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I'm sorry I forgot that when I played you im fairly sure it was my first few matches too scrub sauce :laugh:
LMAO hitting me once off the stage when you're planking on the platforms for 99% of the match is a lot easier then warming up.

You were peach PEACH A CHARACTER WITH ITEMS I was GANONDORF a giant slow projectile that has a sword THAT HE REFUSES TO USE.

I win.

Green Greens win was gay your lucky apples can explode.
LOL I killed myself when I was winning by like 999% :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No johns, I ***** you on Green Greens. I also shine spiked your Marth 3x in one match.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LMAO hitting me once off the stage when you're planking on the platforms for 99% of the match is a lot easier then warming up.

LOL I killed myself when I was winning by like 999% :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No johns, I ***** you on Green Greens. I also shine spiked your Marth 3x in one match.
Forget green greens I hit too many apples.

I wasn't planking for some of them stop johning about getting gimped =D

How did you SD with PEACH ON POKE FLOATS?

Whats worse is that you died on the part where chansey flies up and down/

And I got shine spiked cuz I was talking to magus >_> =D

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Forget green greens I hit too many apples.

I wasn't planking for some of them stop johning about getting gimped =D

How did you SD with PEACH ON POKE FLOATS?

Whats worse is that you died on the part where chansey flies up and down/

And I got shine spiked cuz I was talking to magus >_> =D
An apple a day keeps the ganondorf away. Don't you know anything?

Shut up, you were planking on the platforms for that entire match. I kept telling you to stop planking cuz you're planking all across the stage with Marth and on the ledge when all I want to do is FIGHT. Stop trying to turn Melee friendlies into Brawl finals plz.

Chansey blocked me you peesha shiet.

I was talking to Magus too.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
An apple a day keeps the ganondorf away. Don't you know anything?

Shut up, you were planking on the platforms for that entire match. I kept telling you to stop planking cuz you're planking all across the stage with Marth and on the ledge when all I want to do is FIGHT. Stop trying to turn Melee friendlies into Brawl finals plz.

Chansey blocked me you peesha shiet.

I was talking to Magus too.
I meant sheik ... not marth...

You claim marth doesn't fight either remember? Me and LK were swinging and running and most importantly not shooting lasers.. but fighting =D

We were only waiting for your dumb invincibility to run out we werent doing it for an entire GAME.

Also Chansey is a helping pokemon. You got ***** by a healing type pokemon?

Magus found a way to telepathically distract me so magus talked to me twice as much :(.

Cia

das kwl
i'm going to tell you why i'm more amazing than all of you..

i crouch cancelled all FIVE hits of Peach's downsmash.. teched the last hit, and punished with my downsmash

PRiDE

Smash Lord
got 7th in nyc as well beating Snakeee and Eli.

Eazy , I <3 you but I have to fight for the rankings. I would like to see proof of EAZY doing better than me besides the first couple of Rutgers weeklies..

As for AAAA he did beat me twice in tourney but he went to FAR fewer tourns than I did..

Doesn't tournament attendence account as well? Cause say BLUE goes to 3 tourns, and thats it, and gets 7th each time... does that mean he out places everyone else who goes to like 10 tourns per seasons as appose to three?

Either way, o well. Its a good list. I approve.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i'm going to tell you why i'm more amazing than all of you..

i crouch cancelled all FIVE hits of Peach's downsmash.. teched the last hit, and punished with my downsmash
I am more amazing. I crouch canceled the first hit of Peach's downsmash and lightshielded the rest of them multiple times :).

Teczero, you're a lying villain. You just run away the whole match with Marth while I chase after you and try to fight you. So gay and so boring. I don't care how long you're planking on the ledge, stop doing it. Just run around on the stage. It's a friendly, it's not like anything special happens if you keep planking on every stock. Chansey also doesn't heal in this game you scrub. That's like saying "omg why did you get hit by fireballs when you were on squirtle, he's a water type pokemon"

Eazy23

Smash Lord
OK whatever, this is the last time I spend this much energy typing something like this up.

If you notice, I said I lost to 1 random...bluecheese was that random(great story behind that one 2)...smart guy. Tend to-implies multiple occasions, just to let you know. Bring up your archives they won't help at all.
If you don't understand my mentality towards brawl...I will explain it .
I didnt main meta, or snake or d3. I stuck with falco, my main from melee! Did well, ***** u ya know, made ya cry n all that crap. N said 2 myself hmmm this is no fun. Camping n cg, this cant be all there is to brawl! So I flopped around with diff characters having fun. Losing to people who played the big bad top tiers. The game was boring. Then I said hmm, I guess I will actually try now which is where we are now. Regardless of how half ***** my approach towards the game was I still did pretty well.

Even with me half assing it, and not practicing much, I still have an even record vs u. (2-2)what r ur 2 wins...lets think hard and describe them 2 the people. One of the very very first weeklies, eazy had **** there never played the game. Win 2???? Eazy got bored of being falco, switched 2 dk for a change( after playing him for a week and having 2 straight tourny wins over you) and u squeeze yourself a victory:)

My 2 wins? After Inui claiming to be amazing for beating boulderwolf, cybersnake, andre3000 and everyone else....I beat u. Taking me 2 elecktroplankton, haldberd...nothing worked. I honestly started 2 feel bad. Then I did it again..:)
Anyway you will just come up with some bs about how pit sucks. Even though, u still use him???
, I will agree with EVERYONE else, who says its pointless to be civil and talk to you.....and stop doing it.

PRide
You've beaten eli and snakeee. I would say my wins over u, Inui, keitaro, aaaa( MANY TIMES),ether( in a set that was at the low tier tourny but the match was luigi vs lucario..) are equal to that. We don't have much history vs eachother except early tourny sets and mms, which I did win.

Placings at this point are hard to go by imo, because obviously the people at this part of the list don't place the greatest. Its more of a matter of who you've beaten and who has beaten you. I wouldn't say that you have more impressive wins over me. I also have wins over players who have beaten you....
I am a panelist tho, so let me know what you think and I am more than willing to discuss it.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
not to mention I use the "third worse character in the game" =P eff tier lists.

what ever.. at this point I am not going to argue anymore about it.. What happens with the list happens.

See most of yall tomorrow!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I am more amazing. I crouch canceled the first hit of Peach's downsmash and lightshielded the rest of them multiple times :).

Teczero, you're a lying villain. You just run away the whole match with Marth while I chase after you and try to fight you. So gay and so boring. I don't care how long you're planking on the ledge, stop doing it. Just run around on the stage. It's a friendly, it's not like anything special happens if you keep planking on every stock. Chansey also doesn't heal in this game you scrub. That's like saying "omg why did you get hit by fireballs when you were on squirtle, he's a water type pokemon"
Yea.. but... marth was running at you too... sure he turned around in the next few frames but. Its the attempt that matters right?

Also I was talking about sheik >_>.

Magus ledgestalled your invincibility too .....

And yes chansey does heal you in this game. If you get her and eat her eggs you heal percent sometimes.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Tec0's and Spams convo is hilarious can't wait to play melee with you guys today. :)

Btw, brawl sucks and most of you agree and only play for money anyways, why even get heated over a rankings list? Its not like you went through many hardships of training and stuff to get on it anyway lol. Theres no practicing for hours and feeling the benefit like there was in melee. No one cares or watches your matches when you play in the tournament anyway. Just go to brawl tournaments win your dirty money and keep quiet. No one cares about how you do in that game. >.>

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec0's and Spams convo is hilarious can't wait to play melee with you guys today. :)

Btw, brawl sucks and most of you agree and only play for money anyways, why even get heated over a rankings list? Its not like you went through many hardships of training and stuff to get on it anyway lol. Theres no practicing for hours and feeling the benefit like there was in melee.
Hey now.. I played brawl for a WHOLE WEEK.

=D

Yea my week of training showed me how to play this game super competitive. What a game.

<3 Spam it was so good to melee for an entire day even if the beginning of the day was spent trying to regain tech skill (Which took longer for me since you know.. I main sheik =D). It was unbelievable amounts of fun like when magus always ledge tech up-bs my edgeguards at the ledge :cry:.

Make another red robin Higurashi smashfest at like winter break plz :p

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
forums name: indianunit
preferred name: Bladewing
County: Monmouth
City: Freehold
College: Rutgers University (newark Campus)
Crew: Impact

Probably should have posted here earlier... lol oh well.

If anyone wants to brawl me today just message me and we can arrange a meeting.

I wish I could go to the tournament in Brigantine but to many things going against me for that one particular tournament

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Eggm I am convinced now that you are just BITTER that you trained hard in Melee and by the time you became REALLY good and known, Brawl came along and stole your thunder. I hate reading your consistently whining and negative posts. I wish I could do an /ignore eggm =(

Love your melee Yoshi though. Don't hate so much its not healthy.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
This is aaaa. :)

Pride and Eazy definitely deserve 14th and 15th. Eazy is obviously better than me and beats me every time we play in tourney (many times @_@) Also I don't remember ever outplacing him besides at the last Montage tourney where he got a ****ty bracket.
Pride.. is just better than me. <_< I did beat him once but that was 2+ months ago and I think most people would agree that he's better than me now lol. Also he's placed well at many other tourneys I didn't attend and beaten lots of good players.

I, on the other hand, haven't done anything noteworthy besides placing well at a low tier tourney and some other random weeklies/smashfests with 10-12 people.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Pride.. is just better than me. <_< I did beat him once but that was 2+ months ago and I think most people would agree that he's better than me now lol. Also he's placed well at many other tourneys I didn't attend and beaten lots of good players.
Wolf xD

10hearts4pride <3

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The NJ Brawl Power Rankings are now complete as of August 8th 2008. The season was from March 29th to July 20th. Any questions or concerns can be answered by me or the rest of the panel in this forum topic now that the rankings are done.

BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

Rules for Eligibilty (Click)

8/2/08

1. Mew2King
2. teh Spamerer
3. dmbrandon
4. Sadaharu Inui
5. Atomsk
6. Yes!
7. Black Waltz
8. Emblem Lord
9. Lord Knight
10. Keitaro
11. Bajisci
12. Ether
13. Blue
14. Eazy
15. PRiDE

This list was created by Keitaro, Inui, and Eazy (8/2/08)

Top Bottom