• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wasn't Rage Studios the awful tournament where losers brackets were best of 1 and where stages like Hyrule Temple were allowed? I don't think that should count towards the rankings.
rage 1 was single elim, but the rules were fine. it was neutrals with the normal 5 + luigis, and some of the regular counterpicks. you can still see who beat who in regular sets. as for rage 2, im pretty sure the stages were fine, but the losers bracket was weird. the rules for the tourneys overall were odd, but fine for the specific matches which should count towards ranking seeing who beat who. also, i mean living in south jersey, rage 1 and 2 were the ONLY brawl tourneys this entire season in south jersey. rutgers and montage are 2+ hours from south jersey, making phillys even closer.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
rage 1 was single elim, but the rules were fine. it was neutrals with the normal 5 + luigis, and some of the regular counterpicks. you can still see who beat who in regular sets. as for rage 2, im pretty sure the stages were fine, but the losers bracket was weird. the rules for the tourneys overall were odd, but fine for the specific matches which should count towards ranking seeing who beat who. also, i mean living in south jersey, rage 1 and 2 were the ONLY brawl tourneys this entire season in south jersey. rutgers and montage are 2+ hours from south jersey, making phillys even closer.
Rage 1's rules were single elim, so placing are bull****. Not to mention neither tournament they hosted used a ruleset approved by non-idiots. They can't be used to factoring in.

Even if we did, one tournament he was out 2nd round, and I don't know what happened with Cot4. He probably wouldn't even be ranked.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
despite rage's single elimination, i still dont see how that nullifies beating inui and others 2-0. the sets were played the same way other tourneys are. the overall tourney kinda blew, but u cant deny what he actually did. and if this is the case, how is any brawler in south jersey supposed to have a fair shot at being ranked when theres practically no tournies down here. wait till after sats then next weekend to give him and other south jersians close to eligibility a chance to be ranked.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
despite rage's single elimination, i still dont see how that nullifies beating inui and others 2-0. the sets were played the same way other tourneys are. the overall tourney kinda blew, but u cant deny what he actually did. and if this is the case, how is any brawler in south jersey supposed to have a fair shot at being ranked when theres practically no tournies down here. wait till after sats then next weekend to give him and other south jersians close to eligibility a chance to be ranked.
Chibo, relax, not being on the power rankings is not the end of the world

9/27/07
1. Mew2King
2. Eggm
3. Sensei
4. Lord Knight
5. Reik
6. WarriorOfZarona
7. Emblem Lord
8. Bass
9. PockyD
10. CopyCat
11. AlexanderTriad
12. JFox
13. Atomsk
14. Cheezit
15. Keitaro

Talented players that are unranked due to inactivity:

RyokoYaksa, Sadaharu Inui, Zanguzen, Dav3, Treble, teh_spamerer, Magus420, Tec0

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
well south jersians can always travel just like the other ppl do in jersey.... i travelled far as hell to ur 1st tourney chibo by train and wut not so not having tourneys in ur specific area isnt really a valid argument. but thats just my opinion

dmbrandon

Smash Master
No car johns. Baji is 16, with parents who don't drive him, and he's everywhere. ****, yes has 2 tournaments besides rutgers. NO JOHNS.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No car johns. Baji is 16, with parents who don't drive him, and he's everywhere. ****, yes has 2 tournaments besides rutgers. NO JOHNS.
Baji needs to stop mooching off the rest of us for rides lol ><

Maybe once we finally get weekend ****ing train service here we can take a train to Princeton Junction from Newark, lol.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
No offense to Chibo, but CoT3 for Brawl was bogus. Gay stages were on, rules were being changed throughout the tournament. I think I'm going to nap instead.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what rules were changed? that the bottom person from pools had to be dropped out? thats it because of time. none of the match rules were changed. and u cant call it bogus. its still early on in the games life and no one can agree on a final ruleset. i was trying some things out. and if u really didnt like certain stages, since i was experimenting with some stages, i gave ppl more than normal stage bans

yea, find soemthing wrong with sats rules lol

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
chibo holds good tournaments, if you aren't doing ANYTHING, then why not go? this is for everyone that's planning to stay home and have absolutely nothing to do

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Umm... OKAY, pools is going to be just for seeding. OKAY NVM, lolz, pools is going to be elimination. >_> Seriously, you tried to do everything yourself, and you got trampled in time. There wasn't that many people and it took like... 11 hours.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you go by skill count, Brawl wouldn't matter.

And, 5th? You clearly haven't seen yourselves play. >_>

Edit: The list is pretty ****ed. They're only going by placings, and we all know certain people have rigged brackets.
Yeah, Brawl sucks.

What?

Nah, it's fine. We don't only go by placings, but consistency in the tournament scenes is what matters the most. It's placings, who you beat, who you lose to, and a bit of skill opinion. That's how every rankings list has been done.

Chibo, Mexi does not qualify. Stop bringing him up. Who cares if he 2-0'd me in April? I was losing to pieces of wood and assorted weeds back in April. It's so silly that you keep pointing that out as some big win.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
God damnit the list can't make any progress at all because my laptop is broken, Keitaro is never on AIM, dmbrandon doesn't seem to be in the mood for Brawl at all, and I have no idea about Eazy.

Here's my own list. If Keitaro finds no problems with it, he can make it official since he's apparently the head panelist. If he has issues with it, he can make a case for a change and if it makes sense we'll do it. I don't have my own tournament archives anymore, so I may have forgotten someone or made a mistake.

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. dmbrandon
4. Inui
5. Atomsk
6. Yes!
7. Emblem Lord
8. Lord Knight
9. Bajisci
10. Keitaro
11. Ether
12. Blue
13. AAAA
14. PRiDE
15. Malcom

Noteworthy players unranked due to activity: RyokoYaksa, MexiMadnez

Eazy23

Smash Lord
OK inui...
We are the panelist... we make the list. So why give the public your own personal version?
Why am I not placed on that list?
makes alot of sense to me...

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
****!!!! good **** malcolm. Lol Cyanide is *** trash wack etc. gtfo here with that ****. Dude knows mad **** about the game but sucks at it...lol kinda like marcel in melee <3 no homo!!!! lol jkjk srry peoplez. and who is AAAAAAA!?!?!?!?! watever. And where the *** is ma ni*** Eazy at!!!! Heard he was nice. Yo Keitaro need to straighten that list out.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
hahaha hbk that was amazing. cyan's not so bad tho :p I'd say between dm and spam xD

and AAAA is amazing :D

why so serious?

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Lol I'm not serious, I was jus kinda hyped to see my buddy malcolm name on the list cuz he lives like 2 min from me and he plays feakin sonic n jiggz. But that was the first time I'd seen AAAA's name anywhere, no disrespect to him he's probably mad beast. I need to attend more brawl stuff to get to know some new faces.

Edit-......lol I was serious about Cyanide though, he might crack the list if they we're doing a top 100 NJ list....maybe lmao

And don't think I forgot about you EL, you may have left the crew but don't think you can hide from that *** whooping in brawl...*****

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Lol I'm not serious, I was jus kinda hyped to see my buddy malcolm name on the list cuz he lives like 2 min from me and he plays feakin sonic n jiggz. But that was the first time I'd seen AAAA's name anywhere, no disrespect to him he's probably mad beast. I need to attend more brawl stuff to get to know some new faces.
Me and you both =D

I went to that swr tourney and knew a total of like 5 people LOL

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Me and you both =D

I went to that swr tourney and knew a total of like 5 people LOL
tec0 i'm sad that i didnt go to swr4 :( i wouldve loved to see u **** in brawl :)

and hbk i'm just quoting the joker dont worry lol. aaaa's ok at brawl. malcolm's really good too.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
who is AAAA?
i also didnt kno blue went to more than the recent montage
and shouldnt keitaro and pride be higher?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
tec0 i'm sad that i didnt go to swr4 :( i wouldve loved to see u **** in brawl :)

and hbk i'm just quoting the joker dont worry lol. aaaa's ok at brawl. malcolm's really good too.
LOOOOOL

****?

I guess if shield = **** sure :laugh::laugh:

Honestly though I wasn't that good I don't know some match ups yet so I lost to D1 BAD game 2.

And I lost to HBK for not knowing what to do vs Spacies T_T

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
LOOOOOL

****?

I guess if shield = **** sure :laugh::laugh:

Honestly though I wasn't that good I don't know some match ups yet so I lost to D1 BAD game 2.

And I lost to HBK for not knowing what to do vs Spacies T_T
This is brawl! of course shielding = **** :D

Don't worry Im still clueless about some matchups too :-/

aaaaand for spacies...do what you did in melee...gimp the crap out of them ^_^ i dont even know who u use tho lol

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
God damnit the list can't make any progress at all because my laptop is broken, Keitaro is never on AIM, dmbrandon doesn't seem to be in the mood for Brawl at all, and I have no idea about Eazy.

Here's my own list. If Keitaro finds no problems with it, he can make it official since he's apparently the head panelist. If he has issues with it, he can make a case for a change and if it makes sense we'll do it. I don't have my own tournament archives anymore, so I may have forgotten someone or made a mistake.

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. dmbrandon
4. Inui
5. Atomsk
6. Yes!
7. Emblem Lord
8. Lord Knight
9. Bajisci
10. Keitaro
11. Ether
12. Blue