• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
just so incase hes not forgotten, remember meximadnez for rankings
You have to at least attended 3 tournaments with 2 in NJ to be capable for this so after I check everything I'll see if he's eligible.

So are you for NJ or PA Chibo? Cause PA's Brawl scene is looking iff right now and I don't know if you still live in NJ or not but you were supposively living in NJ while attending Drexel at least for most of this season so if you would like to be eligible please let me know.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
na il stick to PA. while my permanent residence is in NJ, im at drexel full year now, and the PA brawl scene is looking better. weve got the scranton ppl, and upcoming players from drexel like utimo beat cless and rogue pit. were fine

mexi is elligible, hes been to rage 1, rage 2, and cot4 (rage 1 and 2 are NJ)
throughout those tourneys he has 2-0d inui (rage 1) and dmbrandon (cot4), beat pride (cot4), beat rogue pit (cot4)

id say thats worth a pretty good ranking lol
i dunno what he did at rage 2 tho, as results arent up for it

Keitaro

Rogue Pit is pretty nice but I never thought much of him @ COT III "I 2-0ed him there". Maybe it's cause I'm Falco, anywayz, that does make Mexi eligible but it's not too many tournies to show off his skill but he's definitely eligible and has done some thing. Let's hope the rest of the panel is able to decently judge his skill also.

@ Spam: Mexi lives in south, south Jersey with those TOS people.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
How come Keitaro is a panelist?

His puny Keitaro time and pew pew is no match for Marth running his fingers through his hair.

It strikes fear in the hearts of opponents.

JFox

Smash Hero
How can you count someone as attending a tournament when there arent even any results for the tournament. It might as well have never even happened, cuz no one knows what happened there. Unless you can tell the panelists who he won and lost to, and their overall placings throughout the tournament, it doesn't even make sense to count it as a tournament. Thats why under the melee rankings rules, and had one rule for a tournament counting towards rankings: it has to provide full results.

BTW, Keitaro your use of the quotation mark is horrific. Did someone switch the keys on your keyboard? Every time you mean to use a parenthesis, you are using a quotation mark. LOL

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i meant cot3 not cot4 in my post obviously.

its not our faults there was no results, but im sure ppl know what happened, velocity, mexi, inui, dm, atomsk, and more were there. while im sure we havnt seen all of mexi's skill from the tourneys hes been to, but he has the required amount and has gone against 2 of who im assuming will be top 5 nj players, and beat both without ever loosing to em other times. his only tough lost was to sensei, which many ppl said was because vex was being an idiot and yelling in his ear trying to tell him stuff which was distracting him. </johns>

id say mexi is def good enough to be up there with what hes done. its ridiculously tough as it is for a south jersey brawler to make it to 2 NJ tourneys, considering there has only been 2! lol. every jersey brawl tourney is central and higher, about 2 hours plus from atlantic city area. also considering his work schedule, hes lucky he was able to make it to both rage tournies

o yea, and eggm should be #10 haha

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hell yeah i've entered 3 brawl tournaments. Ever. I think? Chu biweekly 7th place singles, 3rd place (or 2nd doubles with cactuar). At that tournament I beat azen in a round and had him say " you were my hardest match in the tournament." Then I was at some rutgers weekly thingy, nearly beat inui He was bouncing in his chair in frustration and hes a top player so obviously i'm good. I also got 5th in teams I think at montage tournament. Far too good. AT LEAST 10th is in order. I vaugely remember entering one more tournament. But i can't remember where or how I did. Lol.

Magus420

Smash Master
I've had the game for 3 weeks, if your referring to me, I also nearly beat azen at chu's biweekly last weekend.
i've had brawl for 3 weeks prior to the US release, and nearly beat azen I got him to r3
Nearly beating azen, whose considered a top brawl player already, with like 3 hours of practice.
I did nearly beat azen at the one and only brawl tournament i've entered. He said "You were my hardest match in that tournament."
or like when i practiced for 3 hours total, and came the closest to beating azen in the first chu biweekly.
Quote, Azen Zagentie says, "Eggm you were my hardest match in that tournament lolz"
Azen said I was his hardest match in the tournament
Also azen said I was his hardest match in the tourney
Also like a few days after that my first experience with swf people and a tourney was at a chu biweekly where I went even with azen even after playing like 100 less hours than him.
I also had their # 1 player tell me on aim after it that I was his hardest match in the tournament (azen).
Edit : Also went even with azen and had him say " You were my hardest match in the tournament"
At that tournament I beat azen in a round and had him say " you were my hardest match in the tournament."
So I heard you were Azen's hardest match at that tournament. Is this true? :laugh:

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Hell yeah i've entered 3 brawl tournaments. Ever. I think? Chu biweekly 7th place singles, 3rd place (or 2nd doubles with cactuar). At that tournament I beat azen in a round and had him say " you were my hardest match in the tournament." Then I was at some rutgers weekly thingy, nearly beat inui He was bouncing in his chair in frustration and hes a top player so obviously i'm good. I also got 5th in teams I think at montage tournament. Far too good. AT LEAST 10th is in order. I vaugely remember entering one more tournament. But i can't remember where or how I did. Lol.
Teams doesn't count.

Keitaro

How can you count someone as attending a tournament when there arent even any results for the tournament. It might as well have never even happened, cuz no one knows what happened there. Unless you can tell the panelists who he won and lost to, and their overall placings throughout the tournament, it doesn't even make sense to count it as a tournament. Thats why under the melee rankings rules, and had one rule for a tournament counting towards rankings: it has to provide full results.

BTW, Keitaro your use of the quotation mark is horrific. Did someone switch the keys on your keyboard? Every time you mean to use a parenthesis, you are using a quotation mark. LOL
For Mexi I know I have results for at least 2 of the tournies but I don't know what happened to him at Rage Studios 2. If either Chibo or Mexi could tell me that would be nice.

My quotations really do suck don't they? Aight, imma learn to do it the right way. Your nitpickyness has saved my life "at lea....... uhhhhhh(at least I'm.......forgot what I was going to say....ummm....I'm still cool!!)

Btw, the excel spreadsheet will be done by tomorrow morning for everyone to see.

JFox

Smash Hero
Tec0, how do you make your font blue every post? Do you manually do it every time, or is there a way to set it to blue always?

I'm thinking I might do a "peach loves pink" theme for a week or two. I'm gonna post in pink and all kinds of gay other stuff in store. (like my new siggy?)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have no clue what happened there, i was busy running cot3 melee lol

ask mexi/inui/dm/velocity/atomsk
and even more ppl were there

il ask mexi and try to find out soon

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
magus did his research, pocky's darkpihch jokes are too good, and the font gayness ensues. btw if tec0 reveals his secret. im doing a purin pudding color

Eggm

Smash Hero
Wow Magus is top tier for taking all that time to find all those posts and highlight each word and stuff. I don't have nearly that much dedication for my posts I type them in like 2.5 seconds. I type super fast and put like 0 thought into my posts. xD But yeah I definitely nearly ***** azen. :) Btw that post was not serious at all LOOOOOOOOL. My name on brawl rankings would be shameful and go against my religion.

JFox

Smash Hero
Vanz, you became a smash debater just so your name would be pink. You already ARE one of "those" types of smashers. lolz

Baby peach is just so **** cute.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I haven't posted anywhere in a while and felt the need to demonstrate my awesome sig.

*flexes sig*

Edit: My sig should be top 10 in the brawl pr.

Cia

das kwl
Vanz, you became a smash debater just so your name would be pink. You already ARE one of "those" types of smashers. lolz

Baby peach is just so **** cute.
hey.. hey.. i became a debater so i could talk about to the issues.

(that and something about saying "smash debater" really quickly sounds perverted, and i had to get it)

edit: also, when i said "those" peach players, u must've thought i was talking about the gay ones.. well i wasn't. i was talking about the fan boys.. LOL

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Stop discussing the list publicly.

If Mexi/anyone else people decide to back up due to friendship earned a spot on the list, they'll get it.

If they were not active enough but good anyways(Ryoko, for instance), they will be mentioned.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
NJ People, take me off the list to be ranked(even if i could) since when i do go to the condo i use that info to play people. Im apart of the PA Brawl Rankings

pockyD

Smash Legend
combined nj/pa brawl rankings probably would be far more successful than the originally proposed combined nj/pa melee rankings, given that all of PA's brawlers are east PA and literally play the exact same events that NJ brawlers do

Top Bottom