• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't wanna combine PA and NJ, cuz pretty soon the tri-state rankings will be coming out, and so theres no point. I wouldnt mind extending the rankings to 20, but I agree that if the last 20 feel random, than I would just cut it at 15.

Oh and melee's not over, but it will be paused for a little while. I think once brawl has been out a few months, a lot of people will have completely dropped out of the tourney scene for melee. Than once that happens, people that are still serious will continue to play, and than tourney activity will go back to normal, just with less attendance. (In other words, certain people will be consist tourney go-ers. I doubt I will be one of them :ohwell:)

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Aright - Oorahzzle - Kabrazzle is about to lay down some questions and comments.

1) I'm up for extending the lis to 20 as long as it's not like "yo who is this and why is he there?"

2) I'd like to know what tournaments are being looked at when you are considering this list. Also, unless you are counting CoT2 as having been technically an NJ tourney (it was originally planned for NJ) we haven't had a tourney since like Dec 16th? Is it possible we can have a nice big last NJ tourney before this list gets put together?

3) How much weight would a tourney like Pound have? There were quite a few upsets at Pound, and I am not even talking about going into brackets. Plus I did really well at Pound - 33rd, yay...

4) Oorahhh!!!!

You don't have to answer all the questions, just touch upon some things for me if you can please.

Thanks.

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't wanna wait for another tourney. This list has been put off way too many times. Also, if we had another tourney, not everyone would be able to go, and I dont wanna put too much emphasis on one tourney.

Of course Pound will count for something. Its more about who you beat at Pound than your placement, especially since we have access to every player you won and lost to, including pools.

Every tourney counts so long as NJ players attended, they just don't necessarily count as NJ tourneys. If you can give me full results for CoT2, I will count it.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Thank you JFox... I'm sure you have the access for Pound Results.

For COT2 please note that I signed up as Arbak - Haroo (Just Arbak on the results) It is Oorah - Kabra backwards. Make sure you scroll down for the placings, the top list is just the entrant list.

Here is the Singles Pools Results - http://tia.nealpro.com/event.aspx?id=797
Team Results - http://tia.nealpro.com/event.aspx?id=796
And Singles Results - http://tia.nealpro.com/event.aspx?id=798

PS: But it wasn't a rock... it was a rock - loooooobster. Rock - Lobster!

JFox

Smash Hero
I think is pitiful how happy you are that its over, considering how many people can only wish to possess the intelligence, skill, and mastery over a game that you have squandered. I hope you suck at brawl, so that you don't have the chance to throw away your abilities once again when you quit...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I think is pitiful how happy you are that its over, considering how many people can only wish to possess the intelligence, skill, and mastery over a game that you have squandered. I hope you suck at brawl, so that you don't have the chance to throw away your abilities once again when you quit...
Even though LK was joking, QFT if he still squanders massively in Brawl. XD

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LK has been squandering over a game he truly loves.

Melty Blood.

More power to him.

Cia

das kwl
I should be like.. an honorary honorary NJ resident :(

I stayed at eggm's house last weekend, DOESN'T THAT COUNT FOR ANYTHING??

oh, and oorah should definitely make the rankings. madd good

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I am currently in college in Arizona, but was born and raised in NJ. I am still a NJ resident:

Name: PXG
County: Mercer
City: Pennington
Contact Info: pxgamer (AIM)
College: University of Arizona
Crew: none

I can atleast play with ya'll online, or in person, when I come back in May. I don't wish to be part of the rankings, I just want to play with other NJ Smashers.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I don't think melee will be done because of brawl. They're two different games pretty much. Maybe they'll be played almost equally? Who knows.

JFox

Smash Hero
No one knows what will hapen with Melee. I don't really care to discuss what will happen, considering there are about 10,453 threads in the melee discussion room titled "will melee end with brawl"...

All I am saying is its obvious that lately melee has dropped off a bit with all the hype. So this is why I want to make a list putting less emphasis on seasons of rankings, and just try to make an overall best in NJ list, not taking activity so much into account.

See with most lists, we make them knowing that there will be others coming. So there is no need to worry about how much the list reflects who is best, but more it reflects who has been DOING best in the last couple months. Because I doubt there will be any state-exclusive lists for a while, I would like to make a list that actually reflects the top 15-20 best (pre-brawl) NJ players.

Like I said before, if you are patient, the tri-state rankings will be released soon enough. This defeats the purpose of combining NJ and PA players into one list because there is another list for that.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Um, I don't know WHAT'S going to happen. However, if you're going to make it NJ/Philly, that's a REALLY hard thing, like was already said. I honestly just think it should stay as NJ, but that's me. >_> Not that we don't <3 Philly players, 'cuz we do.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
OBVIOUSLY just host melee/brawl tourneys (notice the slash meaning both) and everyone will be happy

brawls super popular

melees super good

clearly have both

edit - who took lord knights 2nd quiz as M2K a 2nd time (I was the 1st) and got a 30, cuz I got the 70. ******* *******

Eggm

Smash Hero
OBVIOUSLY just host melee/brawl tourneys (notice the slash meaning both) and everyone will be happy

brawls super popular

melees super good

clearly have both

edit - who took lord knights 2nd quiz as M2K a 2nd time (I was the 1st) and got a 30, cuz I got the 70. ******* *******
Probably m2k's best post ever.

JFox

Smash Hero
Yea I was just was thinking to myself how normal and non-elitist that post was. Strange it was. New game, new M2k?

PockyD: I dont see why the tri-state list would keep people from wanting an NJ only list. I mean, there have always been tri-state rankings released, and people always have released state-wide rankings in addition to those. People like to be able to say that they are 7th in their state, and 12th in the tri-state area, it sounds cool. :laugh:

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
I heart vanz for support. I do vote Vanz as honorary, kid is here all the **** time. Poosibly more than me? OMG... O.O

and tech0... ***** you know **** well you will be ranked really well lol. There is a vid on youtube of east coast hugging you... WTF!!! lol Not too many people receive hugs and love like that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea tec0 better be on that list lol.
wheres the link to that vid? i was there but i havnt seen any vids of it yet

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry guys but it seems like someone has been on my account or something and messing around on my account.

I think I have a clue on who it is but please please please

Ignore the last few unbelievably dumb posts that was under my account.

I know I like to act stupid on the boards sometimes but even I don't act that dumb :(.

Ummm.... so yea.... sorry.....

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I heart vanz for support. I do vote Vanz as honorary, kid is here all the **** time. Poosibly more than me? OMG... O.O

and tech0... ***** you know **** well you will be ranked really well lol. There is a vid on youtube of east coast hugging you... WTF!!! lol Not too many people receive hugs and love like that.
lol no talking for Grandma Oorah! Go get some new dentures and bake me some cookies :laugh:

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
AAAHAHAHA wth at spammer bashing on lovable grandma oorah lol.

Don't worry bout it tec. I thought that post was awkward because you dont use marth in tourney really.

as per request Chibo - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ITz4lbq1f3I
It is literally just east coast jumping up on tec0.. (you can see me in the red on top of a chair :D)

Also, here are some cookies spammer (giggles inside knowing they are poisoned). They are baked with oorah love and grandma care lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Don't worry bout it tec. I thought that post was awkward because you dont use marth in tourney really.

It is literally just east coast jumping up on tec0.. (you can see me in the red on top of a chair :D)

Also, here are some cookies spammer (giggles inside knowing they are poisoned). They are baked with oorah love and grandma care lol.
nice vid, the music was a nice touch lol
and i can see myself clearly in that vid just clapping away lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

LOL I might have won the battle but DAM did I get f***ed up after or what LOL.

Man that was the GREATEST moment of that entire trip sooooo awesome :).

Wow.... I don't realize half the people who tackled me it looked like PC wanted to and then was like O_O at the crowd.

Its all Oorah >_> he the one CLEAR person I remember who tackled my life off that stage :).

Also Oorah definitely smash on Tuesday if you can >_< I wanna record and try to make a vid <_<.

Scar - Your combo vid was too goodz 3:07 was my favorite part :) music was ridiculously awesome for your vid GOOD STUFF. ;)

Top Bottom