• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Also, out of curiosity, wtf happened to the last NJ Circuit event? IIRC, it never happened, and that means that all the circuit events had the ppl who ran them still holding on to 10% of the pot. Either there's a final one or that 10% should get redistributed to the ppl who placed high enough to win money.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Also, out of curiosity, wtf happened to the last NJ Circuit event? IIRC, it never happened, and that means that all the circuit events had the ppl who ran them still holding on to 10% of the pot. Either there's a final one or that 10% should get redistributed to the ppl who placed high enough to win money.
Woz is practically retired and was the person who headed this so I highly doubt this is even a living animal anymore if you get my drift.

so now that melee is practically over, are the new power rankings going to be made soon?
I was thinking about that over the weekend. I want to gather up the rest of the tournament results soon. If any other NJ admins would like to help with that be my guest but until we get the rest of the results nothing can really happen.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, at everyone saying melee's over, brawls not even out, meaning the community doesn't even know how they feel about it as a competitive game, all there is right now is extreme hype just to play it. Cause of course it will be an awesome for fun game. Lets let **** play out a little.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Agreed Eggm, but I do want a PA power ranking to come out before Brawl. Mostly because I feel that I should move up.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its obvious there is a turning point though in smash overall even if there is still melee, there is brawl now, and there wont be AS many melee tourneys. plus its been a long time since a NJ power rankings update and before we had discussed doing one after Pound.

Edit after I saw Scars: Yea he should move up, and we need to get the inactive people off NJ's and others such as LK who should just stay on PA.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Chibo you are a PA player. Good luck trying to get JFox to put you on NJ (where the hell has that kid been btw?) but I understand why.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i consider myself more an NJ player. While I may live at college in philly, I don't venture outside of philly at all to the rest of PA. My home is located in jersey which I'm at often, it's where the majority of my crew is located, and if I need to drive to a tourney I go home to get my car essentially meaning I come from Jersey. The only smashing I do in philly is at drexel/penn campus.

Also with our crew, we tried our hardest to hold south jersey based tourneys, but we just cant do because we cant find venues so we have to resort to Drexel venues. But it's not bad considering Drexel is next to 30th st station which has a convenient train running down to AC in south jersey. if we have crew gatherings, they are normally in AC at mexi's or now when we start having them again for brawl, at triads in south jersey.

so i may spend most of my time in philly because of college, im still mainly based for smashing out of NJ. one city in PA which is right next to jersey doesnt constitute the whole state in my book. even though someone like scar lives in philly (and goes to school there. is his house considered philly?) its different when both your college and home residence are located in PA. unlike many college students who almost never go home during classes/co-op, i go home all the time, and its not hard at all. all i gotta do is hop on a train and im home in an hour and a half, or in the state of jersey in as little as 10 minutes. i still have regular dentist appointments located down in jersey lol.

JFox

Smash Hero
Because Melee may be on a halt for a while while the brawl hype takes over, I was thinking I'd like to make a "final list" for the NJ smash melee scene. Because of these conditions, and the recent inactivity of the entire community, I think I'd like to change the way this list is made. Its gonna be more of a "who was the best of NJ before brawl took over" type of thing.

This means that people who used to be very prominent in the tourney scene before recently will be getting ranked regardless of their recent inactivity. So I'm thinkin people like Reik, teh_spamerer, Inui, LK, Ryoko, and some others which I am missing will be a part of this list, even if perhaps they recently were not eligible due to activity. Also this ranking will look at results as far back as when these lists started, giving more weight to more recent tournaments of course.

The reason I wanna do this is because I want this list to be representative of the best players in NJ. And considering this will probably be the last rankings that will happen in a while (maybe ever for melee, at least state-wide) I want it to show the best. I don't want people like Lord Knight, one of the best jersey smashers ever, to not show up on this list. Also, people who are were not on the list because of school (like reik and LK) will be on this list.

Anyway, lemme know what you guys think of all this...Hopefully we'll get to this stuff soon.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I agree. We can even count Zang, Boocif, and other ancients.

Let's expand the list to 20 if we do this.

Talk to me about it on AIM whenever you can.

JFox

Smash Hero
I disagree with putting Boocif, Zang, Dav3, etc. etc.

Simply because those people have NO tourney experience against the rest of the people on this list. How are you gonna compare people that have never played together, like Zang vs. Sensei. I mean in everyone's mind, Zang is a pro that was once on the top 25 list in the country! But that was a different era of smash. The game has evolved so much since Zang's time. People have pushed characters to their limits and beyond, with perfect combos, death gimping, 0 to death chaingrabs, etc etc. I mean its just a diferent game nowadays.

I even think putting Reik might be a stretch. I think people like Zang is probably a bad idea.

Edit: LOL @ Scar's post.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Inui logic > Chibo logic?? Up for discussion. I think this should be discussed. Someone should discuss this with me.

LOL I'll discuss this with you Scar :laugh:. I think I'm gonna have to agree that Inui logic > Chibo logic. I mean, the guidelines for the NJ Power rankings state that if you exclusively go to NJ tournaments you can qualify for NJ if you're OOS but otherwise you're OOS. Besides, if we're going to count people like Reik and LK, I'm not sure if Chibo would make it top 15. Listing names in no particular order, NJ has M2K, LK, Reik, Inui, Eggm, Sensei, teh_suckerer(2nd to worst player in NJ), tecVILLAIN, Bass, Treble(if we're gonna count Reik, we should get these two as well), Ryoko, and others mirite?

pockyD

Smash Legend
do i still qualify for NJ rankings ????

because if i am, i haven't made it out of pools in about 8 months lolz so keep that in consideration

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
seriously NJ and PA should just combine rankings. NJ and PA play each other all the time anyway
NoooOOOeeezzZZ!! Not possible :dizzy:

I refuse to allow Zang on the list. Thats way way back. I saw him **** at Smashtality 3 and disapear for another century. He could suck balls now and no one would know "it's near impossible though"

Chibo logic is awesome. It almost sway him away from being on the NJ list, lol!

By going with what JFox wants to do Lork Knight should be on. Would be awesome to have HBK and Reik on the list though. HBK's decision for possible NJ rankings will be based on whether he changes his name to HBKeitaro or not. His decision.

Inui's idea of an expansion to 20 sounds cool as long as the last 5 don't feel random.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
LK'S THOUGHTS:

Eggm said:
ol, at everyone saying melee's over, brawls not even out, meaning the community doesn't even know how they feel about it as a competitive game, all there is right now is extreme hype just to play it. Cause of course it will be an awesome for fun game. Lets let **** play out a little.
Melee is over. :p

Scar said:
Agreed Eggm, but I do want a PA power ranking to come out before Brawl. Mostly because I feel that I should move up.
<3

JFox said:
Because Melee may be on a halt for a while while the brawl hype takes over, I was thinking I'd like to make a "final list" for the NJ smash melee scene. Because of these conditions, and the recent inactivity of the entire community, I think I'd like to change the way this list is made. Its gonna be more of a "who was the best of NJ before brawl took over" type of thing.

This means that people who used to be very prominent in the tourney scene before recently will be getting ranked regardless of their recent inactivity. So I'm thinkin people like Reik, teh_spamerer, Inui, LK, Ryoko, and some others which I am missing will be a part of this list, even if perhaps they recently were not eligible due to activity. Also this ranking will look at results as far back as when these lists started, giving more weight to more recent tournaments of course.

The reason I wanna do this is because I want this list to be representative of the best players in NJ. And considering this will probably be the last rankings that will happen in a while (maybe ever for melee, at least state-wide) I want it to show the best. I don't want people like Lord Knight, one of the best jersey smashers ever, to not show up on this list. Also, people who are were not on the list because of school (like reik and LK) will be on this list.

Anyway, lemme know what you guys think of all this...Hopefully we'll get to this stuff soon.
tl;dr

JFox said:
I disagree with putting Boocif, Zang, Dav3, etc. etc.

Simply because those people have NO tourney experience against the rest of the people on this list. How are you gonna compare people that have never played together, like Zang vs. Sensei. I mean in everyone's mind, Zang is a pro that was once on the top 25 list in the country! But that was a different era of smash. The game has evolved so much since Zang's time. People have pushed characters to their limits and beyond, with perfect combos, death gimping, 0 to death chaingrabs, etc etc. I mean its just a diferent game nowadays.

I even think putting Reik might be a stretch. I think people like Zang is probably a bad idea.

Edit: LOL @ Scar's post.
Interesting thoughts.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Lol, what's the Inui logic that's better than mine? I knew some people would think the line me going back home to Jersey to drive was funny lol. I don't really know what to think. I know I'm probably not going to make it on any power rankings, but I just like being considered a NJ player. As for the best players though, Reik should definitely be considered, but isn't LK staying on the PA rankings making him invalid for NJ?

Chibo logic is the best logic lolZ

Eggm

Smash Hero
The tournament this weekend is melee AND brawl, LK. Anyways, philly and NJ are basically one community IMO, so a shared rankings list would be interesting/fun. I"m all for that idea. Nj/Philly area is kinda like md/va IMO. Counted as one reigon. Anyways, pokemon trainer is fun. ^-^ Falcos.. kinda fun lol, if he weren't so floaty i'd love him. Melee's the best tho *RUns away*

Top Bottom