• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
JFox's idea is cool. It's what everyone wanted except the seasons are split into 2 but won't make much of a difference for the power rankings.

NJ needs some tournies asap. I want some before school starts again on the 22nd of January.

GOTM

Smash Champion
as long as there more central jersey than north, because thats too far.

even though most of the NJ smashers live up there anyway, lolz

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
as long as there more central jersey than north, because thats too far.

even though most of the NJ smashers live up there anyway, lolz
There aren't enough smashers in North Jersey.

I mean... if there are that are willing to play they should just play me...

I only know about 5 smashers give or take that live near me

Scar

#HarveyDent
Just shut up and come to Philly for Smashpocalypse. Jeez, Jersey** is such a bunch of whiners...

Edit: Jersey** = Everyone in the state - M2K - 1/2(TSA + Tunes).

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Just shut up and come to Philly for Smashpocalypse. Jeez, Jersey** is such a bunch of whiners...

Edit: Jersey** = Everyone in the state - M2K - 1/2(TSA + Tunes).
>.>....everyone else was quoting you and i felt left out...

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm sure The Tunes will have another bi-weekly sometime after new years...

TSA needs anothe venue in NJ. I miss having a tourney every weekend available to me. (Even if I couldn't attend most of them)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Hi i have a question i have a house in PA, that i live in for everything besides summer,easter,thanksgiving,and other holidays. i spend about 35% of the year in NJ so can i be apart of the ranks?

JFox

Smash Hero
Well perhaps...But do you even have enough tournament activity to qualify you for the list anyway? I mean, its possible that for certain seasons you will be counted as NJ, but you have to fulfill all of the other requirements still...

JFox

Smash Hero
Things are very likely to change by the time Brawl comes around considering no one knows how much tourney activity there will even be at first. Also with the game online, many people will be largely online based, and not care to go to tourneys and pay to compete. Who knows what things will be like for brawl.

Also, when a game first comes out, the BEST players will always be changing while a game is new. So I think it will be silly to try and rank people when things are changing so fast paced like they will be when it comes out.

The game may not be serious until a year or so after more of the meta-game has unfolded. Or it may not even be a tourney run game. Who knows...

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
People should come to the RU tourney on friday January 25th! It's MLG style I believe and alot of good people are there already so it would be worth it to go! It's in the Busch Campus Center in the Multi Purpose Room.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I'll go pending that I have off from work but I doubt I will. I'm free this week after wednesday if anyone wants to play. I live in Flemington in Huntedon county, about 40 minutes from Rutgers.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
I think NJ is getting pretty weak. Not having those TSA biweeklies, smashacres, cheezits is causing a lot of us to stay at a saturated level of the game. Everyone was so involved and improving at one point. Now everyone goes out of state and gets *****. Zzz.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well, partly it's cuz of the school year and alot pf the best smashers in NJ are busier, plus TSA NJ just has alot to deal with.

Plus I think as a whole our passion has gone down as far as running **** goes.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Happy New Years, NJ!
Guess what I just did?

My family watches count down on CNN.
Five
Four
Three
Twooooo.......
*I switch to spongebob*
Sister: *******......
*Switches back to CNN*
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cheezit

Smash Ace
nope its fine tec0 im almost positive every one who likes FLCL knows i hate that show more then anything. :)

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
nope its fine tec0 im almost positive every one who likes FLCL knows i hate that show more then anything. :)
cool, 5 min from the tourny venue means it isnt too far from my crew, i hope the smashfest happens. and yes, I also hate FLCL with a passion.

Top Bottom