• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One of my friends has only ever played Super Mario RPG.

He's never played Paper Mario I believe.

He really gets upset when I say Paper Mario should get in over Geno to represent the Mario RPGs.

Namely because ''we don't need another Mario."

I've got to change this one day. Not his love of Geno, that's fine, just that he seems to not get how unique Paper Mario would be.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Question

did Mario had a hammer in SPM? It's been so long, honestly.
Yep, it was one of the other sprites. I forgot the name. It also had bombs, platforms, a flute that can put enemies to sleep

Chrono.

I haven't played SMRPG, the artstyle really turns me off lol

I will try it out eventually though

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Heeey, I was just about to tag you and ask where you've been for this. Can't say I blame you for wanting to keep your hands clean of this one though :D
Half because I'm at Pax, half because I'm so very indifferent about Shovel Knight.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Is Sticker Star really that bad? I loved the first two Paper Mario games and thought Super Paper Mario was decent. Bad word of mouth scared me away from Sticker Star... I always feel like I should look into it, but then I see all the complaints.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Is Sticker Star really that bad? I loved the first two Paper Mario games and thought Super Paper Mario was decent. Bad word of mouth scared me away from Sticker Star... I always feel like I should look into it, but then I see all the complaints.
Honestly, try it out for yourself and see. It's probably cheap to get right now.

I think it's really not a well thought out game, no matter how I look at it. I really feel it's a very flawed game that stripped out many good elements the series had and introduced half-baked gimmicks that doesn't make up for its shortcomings.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not bad really.

What it does, it does well.

It's just not anything like the other Paper Mario games and it's painfully clear stuff was cut through design.

Not the piece of poop people claim it to be. Just very lackluster.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I know a great 3rd party green character that would be awesome in smash, but will probably never happen due to Rare. Zitz or Rash from the battletoads.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Careful with the large images everyone. I've been seeing a lot of large ones that aren't being put in quote/spoiler tags. I know it can be kind of borderline, but the rule in the OP has a good guideline to follow: if it stretches a normal text post, put it in one of those tag types.

I sort of don't understand the third party rainbow thing to be honest.
I think it's just a sort of joke because the pre-existing characters are close to a rainbow, and a few reasonable/popular choices can make it a full one.

Naoshi

Just Blue having fun with Photoshop I think

and giving us something to talk about in the middle of the news drought.
Careful with the large images everyone. I've been seeing a lot of large ones that aren't being put in quote/spoiler tags. I know it can be kind of borderline, but the rule in the OP has a good guideline to follow: if it stretches a normal text post, put it in one of those tag types.

I think it's just a sort of joke because the pre-existing characters are close to a rainbow, and a few reasonable/popular choices can make it a full one.
They are just bored, we need new information about Smash.
Ohh gotcha, I get it now. lol Thanks!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ Naoshi Naoshi lol, randomly;y bringing SS like that :)

Basically, the best way I can summarise my huge essay/review of that game is this:

In its goal as far as its design is concerned, it's messed up. It is advertised as an rpg and you could feel it is sort a trying to be but it just isn't.

Any rpg (literally any) should make you a sense of progress because it;s freaking essential to immerses you into a role of the character and its surrounding. There's no way that SS EVER does it, just never....

After, EVEN if I dont; take it as an rpg, it';s so rushed. For everyone who has played this game, the mere mention of world 3 is just EVIL. This felt like a game in the 90s for its logistic and considering what the game SHOULD be (the paper mario series used to have an hint system), it;s awful in 2012. From having kersti completely useless to JUST NOT HAVING ANY CHANCES TO FIGURE STUUF OUT!......it;s jsut very frustrating.

And on top of that, no plot, no REAL partners and bowser being completely silent as well as MUCH others flaws, this game tbh, can legitimately be hated without even considering it;s a paer mario game. Even the run away feature is incompletely implemented to go as far as to lie to the own game manual (I am not kidding).

For the full story: here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/thin...-luigi-paper-jam.324473/page-52#post-19166400

It;s an heavy read though, only read if you are really interested.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Here is the full Xenoblade X panel for those that want to watch. They go into concept art decisions and show just how much Monolith has a detail fetish. :laugh:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
well as you played the first 3 games, I usually think it;s fine after you played at least one.

If you can get it cheap, then sure, you will likely get why it;s so disliked.

But don;t pay full price like me. I actually PERFECTLY knew what I was getting into and I only bought it because of 3 things:

1: only store avaliable that I could get it right away, wanted phisical and rally wanted it now.

2: I was tired of giving my opinion of the game with subjectives sentences such as "I heard that" or "I feel like" I for once jsut wanted to truly say what was wrong and right (because yes, this game has some features that were awesome like the artstyle for example).

3: I"M FREAKING OBSESSED ON THE SERIES! I seriously did wondered why I owned all first 3 games physical (VERY rare for me) and not the lattest one despite how it woudl be bad if I was getting into it.

As expected as it was, it actually was worse than what I even expected (and my expectation was quite low tbh).

There is a way you could enjoy the game: play WITH it. I enjoyed to do my SS animations, it;s fun for me, but playing the game.....is annoying. speedrunning is also more fun.

So, if you know what you are getting into, let me jsut tell you this, don't ever expect pm64, ttyd or even spm in terms of quality. spmk had some flaws that weren't that bad, but SS......it';s not comparable.

TL;DR: try to find it cheap and make sure the heck you know what you are getting into.....

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey guys i need help with something. yesterday i was robbed in my condo while i was working. my former roommate took some expensive stuff like my 40 in tv and xbox 360. my new 3ds was also taken along with all my 3ds games, including smash. if i buy another 3ds, is there a way to recover my info on it or do i need to make a new nintendo id and have a different friend code? also would i have to buy all the DLC again even if i recover my original nintendo network id?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
hey guys i need help with something. yesterday i was robbed in my condo while i was working. my former roommate took some expensive stuff like my 40 in tv and xbox 360. my new 3ds was also taken along with all my 3ds games, including smash. if i buy another 3ds, is there a way to recover my info on it or do i need to make a new nintendo id and have a different friend code? also would i have to buy all the DLC again even if i recover my original nintendo network id?
How alful something like that had happen to you, what a jerk. I hope you can find out a way to retrieve what you've lost, sadly I have no idea what to do with your 3DS info since i don't own one.

Naoshi

Your friendcode will have to be redone, but you can get your digital stuff back as long as you contact Nintendo about it.

Also, since you know the roommate, is there some way to get your stuff back?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Your friendcode will have to be redone, but you can get your digital stuff back as long as you contact Nintendo about it.

Also, since you know the roommate, is there some way to get your stuff back?
i already alerted the authorities. theres not much else i can do. and i guess i'll talk to nintendo to get my DLC stuff back. just wondering about it. thanx.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
i already alerted the authorities. theres not much else i can do. and i guess i'll talk to nintendo to get my DLC stuff back. just wondering about it. thanx.
Did you call the authorities right away? Tell them you knew exactly who did it?

Also, do you know how YOU can find or contact them or why they did this?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Did you call the authorities right away? Tell them you knew exactly who did it?

Also, do you know how YOU can find or contact them or why they did this?
i already told them everything i know. i even got texted back from my roommate claiming he didn't do it, but i know he's lying. he's stolen from me before. he's nothing but a piece of ****! all i can do now is wait till monday to give them the serial numbers on my stuff. luckily my new 3ds and my other 3ds boxes were not taken, nor my xbox 360 box. and the manual for my tv has the serial number too so hopefully that'll help the authorities.
I hope you get your justice, may everything work out for you and your stuff pal.
thanx. i hope so too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
i already told them everything i know. i even got texted back from my roommate claiming he didn't do it, but i know he's lying. he's stolen from me before. he's nothing but a piece of ****! all i can do now is wait till monday to give them the serial numbers on my stuff. luckily my new 3ds and my other 3ds boxes were not taken, nor my xbox 360 box. and the manual for my tv has the serial number too so hopefully that'll help the authorities.

thanx. i hope so too.
like, how the heck was he even able to stole a freaking tv without you knowing?

Did he already planned it / had special permissions in the room?

Cause, really, you need a car with quite some places to store all of this.

(I'm serious, these stuff are freaking expensive, that just sucks if he planned to do it....)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

thanx. i hope so too.
You have the serial numbers? Good.

Keep them and hide them from your roommate.

Where is he anyway so? Is he coming back?

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

(I'm serious, these stuff are freaking expensive, that just sucks if he planned to do it....)
That shouldn't be your first reaction...these sorts of things are common. My friend's mom once stole an oven. Apparently it's not that hard.

Anyways @ Retroend Retroend I hope the police find your stuff, I can only imagine what you're going through. Hopefully the jerk is brought to justice.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@ Retroend Retroend Do you have a warranty (atleast for 90 days or a full year, I would if I bought a brand new system)?

It would be for the best to do so because you can replace it but you probably might need to call Nintendo to see if they can help you on your account

I hate it how they are backwards in 2015, they seriously need unified accounts to fix this

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That shouldn't be your first reaction...these sorts of things are common. My friend's mom once stole an oven. Apparently it's not that hard.

Anyways @ Retroend Retroend I hope the police find your stuff, I can only imagine what you're going through. Hopefully the jerk is brought to justice.
...oh yeah I guess I should have mentioned where is my actual home.

I'm like hours of town, (not currently cause apartment for college), but it's VERY far. Like, it's a small village of around 4/5k people, how it goes is that you do get some calm, but you also get less privacy, if you would have stole something, the whole village won;t take time to know it.

These things are EXTREMELY uncommon where I live.

I don;t even live in USA which I guess should be much worse in towns.

And even where my apartment is, it's not that big of a town. Quebec city and Montreal are MUCH bigger.

Though, I just don;t get it, if your door is locked, this shoudln't happen right?

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I feel bad because I'm just laughing over the mental image of this.
Don't be, me and my friends laughed too when we heard about that.
Though, I just don't get it, if your door is locked, this shoudln't happen right?
There are other ways to get into a house besides through the door. And if not, you can pick the lock or force the door open.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

I think he did plan it. He doesn't have a car so someone helped him out.
You have the serial numbers? Good.

Keep them and hide them from your roommate.

Where is he anyway so? Is he coming back?
No he's gone now. He's not coming back (hopefully).

Thanx. I hope so too.
@ Retroend Retroend Do you have a warranty (atleast for 90 days or a full year, I would if I bought a brand new system)?

It would be for the best to do so because you can replace it but you probably might need to call Nintendo to see if they can help you on your account

I hate it how they are backwards in 2015, they seriously need unified accounts to fix this
I need to look for the receipt. I bought the new 3ds a few weeks after it came out.
...oh yeah I guess I should have mentioned where is my actual home.

I'm like hours of town, (not currently cause apartment for college), but it's VERY far. Like, it's a small village of around 4/5k people, how it goes is that you do get some calm, but you also get less privacy, if you would have stole something, the whole village won;t take time to know it.

These things are EXTREMELY uncommon where I live.

I don;t even live in USA which I guess should be much worse in towns.

And even where my apartment is, it's not that big of a town. Quebec city and Montreal are MUCH bigger.

Though, I just don;t get it, if your door is locked, this shoudln't happen right?
The thing is my door was locked. He somehow got in. So now I'm just gonna provide the serial numbers for the authorities and hope for the best.

Thanx everyone one. It's been a bad week. 1st I lose my cousin and now this. I hope for justice soon. I'm off to bed now. Good night.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Thanx. I hope so too.

I need to look for the receipt. I bought the new 3ds a few weeks after it came out.

The thing is my door was locked. He somehow got in. So now I'm just gonna provide the serial numbers for the authorities and hope for the best.

Thanx everyone one. It's been a bad week. 1st I lose my cousin and now this. I hope for justice soon.
Oh geez, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin...I hope your days get better pal, I'm just glad your ok from that ordeal, cuz things could have gone much worse if he's nothing more then a theif...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Thanx. I hope so too.

Thanx everyone one. It's been a bad week. 1st I lose my cousin and now this. I hope for justice soon.
....don't tell me he picked your lock?

Cause that can actually be done, but it;s of course a crime.

or that he had the key....which I really doubt.....

(would be surprised he would have used the window.....).

Seriously, that's a nasty one.....:(

Chrono.

Thanx. I hope so too.

Thanx everyone one. It's been a bad week. 1st I lose my cousin and now this. I hope for justice soon. I'm off to bed now. Good night.
Hope it all blows over soon man, best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom