• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Oh yeah, before I forget, anyone that heard of Super Mario Bros Z back in the day, well, we may be getting a real revival soon from the man himself.

http://alvin-earthworm-smbz.deviantart.com/

He even changed his name back to Alvin Earthworm.

SMBZ confirmed! Hopefully.

Oh, ok. Thanks for letting me know.
Aww man I really hope he revives it. I loved watching it when he was still making it.

Khoru

Smash Champion
hey @ Naoshi Naoshi , could you maybe let me see your "indie smash" ideas? i want to see if there are things i haven't thought of. i swear i won't steal anything

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
She's not really ever going to come in a discussion of SOLE female reps now is she?

She's a package deal with Banjo.
She's still a female 3rd Party character, who if got in would be an equal part of the character to Banjo.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, SMBZ is actually going to be revived now? Sweet. I remember watching it back when it was a thing.

:094:
Wait, seriously? Alvin Earthworm finally got his head out of his butt and decided to finish it or someone else doing it

Zynux

Smash Lord
I feel like Cammy or Nina Williams are far more iconic in gaming than Mai.

Mai's only really noteworthy because she's skimpily dressed and has giant boobs.

Edit: There's also Sonya Blade too.
I was trying to not pull too many characters from one franchise, but I agree that Cammy is up there wih Chun Li. Disagree with Nina Williams in comparison to other fighting ladies, though she is up there too. I completely forgot about the MK ladies which are also quite popular, like Sonya and Kitana.

As for Mai, why she's popular is irrelevant to me: all I know is that she is the face of advertising when it comes to KOF and splattered everywhere, which was popular in the FGC and seemed to be a rival of sorts to Street Fighter, and seems to be very popular gaming lady even to those who've never played an SNK game, and is often compared to Chun-li when it comes to Japanese companies original fighting ladies. With that said, I wouldn't believe for minute she would get in Smash nor care one way or the other but the only characters from KOF that can possibly exceed her popularity are Terry, Kyo and Iori, which are all males.

I bring this up because I told that to one person and I was called homophobic.
You were accused of being some sort of bigot because you found a personality or quirk to be aggravating? Bizarre, but can't say I'm surprised. People are very quick to label.

I wouldn't worry about it. There is nothing wrong with finding a personality type annoying. I'm sure everyone has that one type that they dislike. Just browse through tvtropes you will come across tons of them.

She's still a female 3rd Party character, who if got in would be an equal part of the character to Banjo.
But Kazooie isn't really noteworthy on her own, nor is Banjo on his own. It's the pair that makes "Banjo Kazooie" and it's what people find endearing about them. No one brought up Kazooie because alone she feels incomplete.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
But Kazooie isn't really noteworthy on her own, nor is Banjo on his own. It's the pair that makes "Banjo Kazooie" and it's what people find endearing about them. No one brought up Kazooie because alone she feels incomplete.
Still, if you're bringing up 3rd Party female characters, you should bring up that Kazooie even with Banjo is among the top choices. I never said Kazooie would get in by herself.

D

Deleted member

I don't get what is funny about the John Cena meme at all. Leaves me completely scratching my head at how it's supposed to be funny. Nice artwork though.
It's funny because in wrestling sometimes a wrestler will come out unexpectedly and their theme plays and it gets the crowd hyped. John Cena's theme is created in a way in which like the second he comes out, it's like, OH SNAP!

The humor comes from that it's generally an exciting appearance when his theme plays and that he's just entering whatever silly or nonsensical situation.

"Watching a Let's Play On Youtube.

-theme plays-

JOOOOHN CEEEEENAAA".

It's origins are from a John Cena soundboard prank call if I recall.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
hey @ Naoshi Naoshi , could you maybe let me see your "indie smash" ideas? i want to see if there are things i haven't thought of. i swear i won't steal anything
I don't have much worth sharing yet as the documents are very early and incomplete. I did came up with a rather neat item though.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure when someone thinks about the game Banjo-Kazooie, they furat think about Banjo
If ya'll want a female third party, we can always have
OR

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wait, seriously? Alvin Earthworm finally got his head out of his butt and decided to finish it or someone else doing it
This really irritates me, he didn't stop doing SMBZ because 'he shoved his head up his butt,' he stopped doing it because it was a personal project of his that he wasn't getting any enjoyment out of doing anymore. SMBZ was a labor of love for him, but it was also one of the most taxing things he had to do due to all of the effort that had to go into making even just one episode of it (hell, at one point he pushed himself so far that he actually got Newgrounds to expand their data size maximum for an episode) and that was eventually getting to the point where it wasn't worthwhile for him to continue. It also didn't help that he had one of the most irritating fanbases that would hound him, whine when their desires weren't met, and then even go so far as to attack and berate his other work because "why is the episode taking so long?", making the project even more hectic and for him.

Now if he's finally going back to the project, I'm glad because it was something that I loved as a kid and I'd like to see it finished. However, it also needs to be something that he'll enjoy finishing as a project as his original love for it is what gave it its charm, not because of obligation.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wait. I just realized. Terra is a pretty iconic FF character, not as iconic as Cloud, but Terra could work. Wouldn't a character from Skullgirls work too?
I don't honestly see Skullgirls being special enough to be in Smash (and I sort of feel Skullgirls in general kinda doesn't mesh well with Nintendo characters). Even aside from the fact they're not on any Nintendo systems.

Terra might work though, even though I think a classic NES FF character is much more likely.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Celes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trash>>>>>>>ur waifu>>>>>>>>Terra
Terra's the main character, not that Celes wouldn't be good, it's just that I see Esper form as a potential Lightweight thing, could be fun. Also, trash isn't better than Anna. It's better than Foleo tho
The next DLC newcomer is...
ur mom
Feex, and fix your ****ing spoiler tags

Khoru

Smash Champion
Wait. I just realized. Terra is a pretty iconic FF character, not as iconic as Cloud, but Terra could work. Wouldn't a character from Skullgirls work too?
for whatever reason, squeenix considers ff6 to not have a main character
i mean yeah it has an ensemble cast but terra (or celes) is clearly the protag
I don't honestly see Skullgirls being special enough to be in Smash (and I sort of feel Skullgirls in general kinda doesn't mesh well with Nintendo characters). Even aside from the fact they're not on any Nintendo systems.
yeah i mean. the main character is a chubby schoolgirl with panty shots and absolute territory and the most well-known one is a cigar-smoking child

D

Deleted member

Terra's the main character, not that Celes wouldn't be good, it's just that I see Esper form as a potential Lightweight thing, could be fun. Also, trash isn't better than Anna. It's better than Foleo tho

Celes becomes the main character in World of Ruin tho
Terra's recruitment is even optional, though everyone but Setzer and Edgar are
Hold on
Foleo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anna
Fixed now :^))))))))))))

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Ray-Bomb Daigenojosac Jr. and Kazooie?
all the character i did mix are:
Geno
Bomberman
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Krystal
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie
Daisy
Impa
Donkey Kong jr.
Nester
Isaac
so try to think of a name lol

i see what did you put in your spoiler, thats rude...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Celes becomes the main character in World of Ruin tho
Terra's recruitment is even optional, though everyone but Setzer and Edgar are
Hold on
Foleo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anna
Fixed now :^))))))))))))
The fact she tries commiting suicide there is tragic, gets to me
I consider Terra the protag as she's in Dissidia.
U WANNA ****ING GO M8

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ladies, ladies. I think we can all agree that Waluigi is the toptier waifu.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But Skullgirls hasn't been released on Nintendo consoles yet.
Geno
Bomberman
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Krystal
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie
Daisy
Impa
Donkey Kong jr.
Nester
Isaac

Bandana Dee?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Geno
Bomberman
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Krystal
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie
Daisy
Impa
Donkey Kong jr.
Nester
Isaac

my mother's DLC though, my cat's litter box told me. Besides, I only did it because I saw your spoiler tags weren't closed
Ladies, ladies. I think we can all agree that Waluigi is the toptier waifu.
ZoroarKING. He's too skinny, not enough meat

D

Deleted member

The fact she tries commiting suicide there is tragic, gets to me
I consider Terra the protag as she's in Dissidia.
U WANNA ****ING GO M8
Actually, from what I've read, both Celes and Locke were considered for Dissidia too but Terra was chosen due to having a more personal rivalry with Kefka
my mother's DLC though, my cat's litter box told me. Besides, I only did it because I saw your spoiler tags weren't closed

ZoroarKING. He's too skinny, not enough meat
guess I'm becoming a trap too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom