• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Its been 1 month since anything smash related was released, since then there has been NOTHING to look forward to, every singl smash fan in the world right now:

Sakurai is not being a good hype master, nor is Nintendo, nothing new in a month for smash....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman

I have no problem with LGBT people.

But as a gay man yourself...

Do you find it understandable that "camp gay" people annoy the crap out of me?

If you're not sure what I mean, look it up on tvtropes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
@ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman

I have no problem with LGBT people.

But as a gay man yourself...

Do you find it understandable that "camp gay" people annoy the crap out of me?

If you're not sure what I mean, look it up on tvtropes.
I mean any camp person can get a little overbearing of any sexuality, so I can understand.

It's usually a a personality trait or decision and not really anything to do with their sexuality, but more so about their personal choices. There are some pretty camp straight and bi guys as well.

I mean as long as you're not saying homophobic **** about them, don't give a damn.

I have a few camp friends and they're pretty fun to be around, but they're people you have to take in doses.

As long as it's more about the fact they're loud and often sassy and vibrant? It's fine.

But if you're judging them based on their sexuality or even a bit on the fact they choose to dress a certain way, then yeah, it's a touch problematic, but all together?

It's not necessarily homophobic, just a personality type that you clash with.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Here's an honest quest, how many female third party characters have any real backing or a substantial fan base? Indie, mainstream, stripper-gun-shoe-wearing, whatever. I can't think of all that many.
When it comes to fighting game characters, Chun li and Mai Shiranui are probably the most iconic and heavily promoted.

Lara Croft and Jill Valentine (or to a lesser extent, Claire) are also very worthwhile mentions, but them getting in would be similar to Snake when it comes to feeling "out of place" for some people. Then there's Bayonetta and Shantae which have decent fanbases.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean any camp person can get a little overbearing of any sexuality, so I can understand.

It's usually a a personality trait or decision and not really anything to do with their sexuality, but more so about their personal choices. There are some pretty camp straight and bi guys as well.

I mean as long as you're not saying homophobic **** about them, don't give a damn.

I have a few camp friends and they're pretty fun to be around, but they're people you have to take in doses.

As long as it's more about the fact they're loud and often sassy and vibrant? It's fine.

But if you're judging them based on their sexuality or even a bit on the fact they choose to dress a certain way, then yeah, it's a touch problematic, but all together?

It's not necessarily homophobic, just a personality type that you clash with.
My problem is the personality.

It's just grating to me.

There are a ton of LGBT people I get along with just fine, but camp people. Bleck.

I bring this up because I told that to one person and I was called homophobic.

I tried to explain it didn't have much of anything to do with who they want to screw but the person was very adamant.

I thought maybe I touched on something I wasn't aware of.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My problem is the personality.

It's just grating to me.

There are a ton of LGBT people I get along with just fine, but camp people. Bleck.

I bring this up because I told that to one person and I was called homophobic.

I tried to explain it didn't have much of anything to do with who they want to screw but the person was very adamant.

I thought maybe I touched on something I wasn't aware of.
Camp gay men are often a crucial target of hate not only outside of the community, but in it as well, so saying anything even remotely negative about them causes an uproar. It probably had something to do with that.

A lot of them feel as if they're perceived to be lesser men because of their personality or their choices of clothing or activities they engage in.

A lot of my camp friends have been rejected on dates by other gay and bi men because they met them for the date, the date found out that they were campy and some really nasty things were said.

But ss long as it's a personality clash I see no difference in that than a personality clash with a potential lover or friend of any other sex.

Personality clashes are a part of being human, it's just about respect each other's personalities really.

Me and @ Burb Burb usually clash quite a lot for example and that's just through the internet, and I'm fairly sure it's because he views everything in a logical black and white way, while I look at everything for any and all angles, even ones that might be a touch illogical and leave them up to fate and time to decide.

I still respect him though, because he's an intelligent guy and an on a one on one conversation basis, he can actually be pretty nice for someone who is a self proclaimed asshole.

When it comes to fighting game characters, Chun li and Mai Shiranui are probably the most iconic and heavily promoted.

Lara Croft and Jill Valentine (or to a lesser extent, Claire) are also very worthwhile mentions, but them getting in would be similar to Snake when it comes to feeling "out of place" for some people. Then there's Bayonetta and Shantae which have decent fanbases.
I feel like Cammy or Nina Williams are far more iconic in gaming than Mai.

Mai's only really noteworthy because she's skimpily dressed and has giant boobs.

Edit: There's also Sonya Blade too.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I feel like Cammy or Nina Williams are far more iconic in gaming than Mai.

Mai's only really noteworthy because she's skimpily dressed and has giant boobs.

Edit: There's also Sonya Blade too.
Problem with Sonya is she's only noteworthy in the West, and not by much. (Chun-li, Cammy, Mai and even Nina, who came kinda late, are far more liked and well known)

On top of that, Japan hates Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
.....OK lets change the topic to something less controversial, Disney villains vs Anime villains anybody?
Well, controversial topics aren't bad as long as everyone is nice and mature about it, right?

Also, I hate this question, since it reminds me most anime villains are among the best Bishonen, and are still always killed. >3>

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like then Mai would be Japan's Sonya, because honestly most casual gamers and even some diehard ones, don't know who the hell she is.

Where as Sonya is pretty much around the fame of Chun Li in the West, not only thinks to the games, but the movies as well.

Chrono.

I feel like then Mai would be Japan's Sonya, because honestly most casual gamers and even some diehard ones, don't know who the hell she is.

Where as Sonya is pretty much around the fame of Chun Li in the West, not only thinks to the games, but the movies as well.
Maybe it's because I don't follow MK that much, but I always assumed Kitana was MK's female breakout (with Mileena not far behind).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Maybe it's because I don't follow MK that much, but I always assumed Kitana was MK's female breakout (with Mileena not far behind).
Sonya was the first female in the roster and pretty much the franchise's Chun Li in terms of creation and breaking down the gates for people like Mileena. She also a had pretty prominent role in the movie.

Mileena is pretty popular, but she's not a household name to casuals. Probably because she's not exactly a conventional beauty and it seems like every popular female fighting game character that reaches both is.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What grade (ABCDF) would you give Sakurai for the month of August?
B or C. He's obviously working on stuff, and Iwata's death probably delayed some publicity. With Roy, Ryu and the costumes it seems that they intend to announce something and then release it shortly after.

Nothing is just ready.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What grade (ABCDF) would you give Sakurai for the month of August?
None because I don't see why he's obligated to tell us anything this month.

Let the man work. These things takes a lot of work, way more than you're probably imagining.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
None because I don't see why he's obligated to tell us anything this month.

Let the man work. These things takes a lot of work, way more than you're probably imagining.
He could at least take a minute to go on Twitter and say I'm working on ___, but they won't be done for a while. That's all we're asking for otherwise we lose interest. Nintendo not giving us any new news on anything just makes this worse, need I remind you that the last major new news batch we got was this,
Nintendo needs to redeem themselves bigtime from this, maybe announce stuff that'll make us want to BUY Federation Force instead of make us want the game to be cancelled. This is the first time we've gone 2 straight months with no direct or any major news presentation at all. If you can't hype up your fans, how are you supposed to keep them?

At least when we were waiting for Mewtwo and confirmation on whether or not there would even be more DLC, we had Mewtwo to look forward to, now we have,

I'm tired, cranky, and sick of this news drought. So anyone want to marathon through One Piece?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
He could at least take a minute to go on Twitter and say I'm working on ___, but they won't be done for a while.
...Holldd it right there. That's not how it works. Like... at all.

It makes far more sense to announce something when the content is presentable for the reveal, not when it's in really super early stages. Just having them flat out say "WE'RE WORKING ON A NEW CHARACTER" isn't always a good idea. It's far better to reveal something when it's closer to release than it being far away.

Nintendo needs to redeem themselves bigtime from this, maybe announce stuff that'll make us want to BUY Federation Force
What the hell does Sakurai have to do with this? So Nintendo had a lack luster E3, that means Sakurai must be obligated to announce his DLCs earlier than he wants to?

instead of make us want the game to be cancelled.
People wanting the game to be cancelled are absolutely being immature about it. And this is coming from someone who isn't excited for the damn game either. You're right that Nintendo should try to sell people on the game (the way they presented the game is really poor) but seriously man.

This is the first time we've gone 2 straight months with no direct or any major news presentation at all. If you can't hype up your fans, how are you supposed to keep them?
Did you just forget just happened a month ago? Their president just died, and you expect them to still be pumping out Nintendo Directs? Seriously?

And I've thought I've told you about this not too long ago too! Have a bit of tact, dude.

At least when we were waiting for Mewtwo and confirmation on whether or not there would even be more DLC, we had Mewtwo to look forward to, now we have, nothing!
How about being actually patient?! We just got 2 stages, 8 Mii costumes and a brand new mode not too long ago. They don't have to tell us what's next right away.

And there are other games coming out from Nintendo such as Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Star Fox Zero, etc etc. Not everything has to be about Smash Bros. Seriously, this is really ridiculous.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Plus the July update 'sneaked in early'. It was originally supposed to release this month.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
All this talk of female 3rd Party characters and no one mentions Kazooie. Shame on you, smashboards.

Is Sticker Star really that bad? I loved the first two Paper Mario games and thought Super Paper Mario was decent. Bad word of mouth scared me away from Sticker Star... I always feel like I should look into it, but then I see all the complaints.
Get it. I always feel it's amassed hate rather unfairly like Adventures or Nuts and Bolts. People are far too concerned with what it isn't, rather than what it is. I personally preferred it to Super Paper Mario.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
...Holldd it right there. That's not how it works. Like... at all.

It makes far more sense to announce something when the content is presentable for the reveal, not when it's in really super early stages. Just having them flat out say "WE'RE WORKING ON A NEW CHARACTER" isn't always a good idea. It's far better to reveal something when it's closer to release than it being far away.

What the hell does Sakurai have to do with this? So Nintendo had a lack luster E3, that means Sakurai must be obligated to announce his DLCs earlier than he wants to?

People wanting the game to be cancelled are absolutely being immature about it. And this is coming from someone who isn't excited for the damn game either. You're right that Nintendo should try to sell people on the game (the way they presented the game is really poor) but seriously man.

Did you just forget just happened a month ago? Their president just died, and you expect them to still be pumping out Nintendo Directs? Seriously?

And I've thought I've told you about this not too long ago too! Have a bit of tact, dude.

How about being actually patient?! We just got 2 stages, 8 Mii costumes and a brand new mode not too long ago. They don't have to tell us what's next right away.

And there are other games coming out from Nintendo such as Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Star Fox Zero, etc etc. Not everything has to be about Smash Bros. Seriously, this is really ridiculous.
Paid no attention to my last line, tier and cranky, sick of news drought, need to vent my anger. Here look at this image it will relax you,

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So my Pikachu seems to be getting better. I win more than I lose it seems. I can do semi-combos too, or as I call it in my head a rush down. I like Pikachu a lot. Up-throw to Thunder is great.

Is there a channel that has all of the APEX matches? I missed it earlier this year and would love to watch it through in order. I don't even know who won so it'll be super exciting. Might help me evolve some of my secondaries like Ness, Yoshi and a few others I might work on.

Or, do any pro's use Pikachu so I can watch?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So my Pikachu seems to be getting better. I win more than I lose it seems. I can do semi-combos too, or as I call it in my head a rush down. I like Pikachu a lot. Up-throw to Thunder is great.

Is there a channel that has all of the APEX matches? I missed it earlier this year and would love to watch it through in order. I don't even know who won so it'll be super exciting. Might help me evolve some of my secondaries like Ness, Yoshi and a few others I might work on.

Or, do any pro's use Pikachu so I can watch?
Look up ESAM.

One of the best western Pikachu players, arguably one of the best in the world.

This playlist has has the top 8 winners and losers Apex 2015 matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbnTjUZV5S0&list=PLcMdMmtHkPpSWUgxRwF44q7OaaeYwokZH

This here has a few more matches as well, some top 16: https://vods.co/smash4?stage=All&event=3629

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think commander video has more chances than shovel knight and shantae together,he is just not popular.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Look up ESAM.

One of the best western Pikachu players, arguably one of the best in the world.

This playlist has has the top 8 winners and losers Apex 2015 matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbnTjUZV5S0&list=PLcMdMmtHkPpSWUgxRwF44q7OaaeYwokZH

This here has a few more matches as well, some top 16: https://vods.co/smash4?stage=All&event=3629
Thanks! I was just watching a few videos from Apex 2015. Some are really exciting and some are pretty meh I think. I'll have a look at ESAM now :)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't get what is funny about the John Cena meme at all. Leaves me completely scratching my head at how it's supposed to be funny. Nice artwork though.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh yeah, before I forget, anyone that heard of Super Mario Bros Z back in the day, well, we may be getting a real revival soon from the man himself.

http://alvin-earthworm-smbz.deviantart.com/

He even changed his name back to Alvin Earthworm.

SMBZ confirmed! Hopefully.

That's because it is.
DFGGothic-SU.
Oh, ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't get what is funny about the John Cena meme at all. Leaves me completely scratching my head at how it's supposed to be funny. Nice artwork though.
It's a combination of both Rickroll and jumpscare
I don't know why but some people find it funny
I'm guilty here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom