• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is it just Calem that sucks or is that Chatot is just OP?
Lv. 25 Chatot Vs. Lv. 30 Quilladin shouldn't end with two Chatters
Guess it's both
Now to fight murder ***** Korrina and her murder bird Hawlucha

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This really irritates me, he didn't stop doing SMBZ because 'he shoved his head up his butt,' he stopped doing it because it was a personal project of his that he wasn't getting any enjoyment out of doing anymore. SMBZ was a labor of love for him, but it was also one of the most taxing things he had to do due to all of the effort that had to go into making even just one episode of it (hell, at one point he pushed himself so far that he actually got Newgrounds to expand their data size maximum for an episode) and that was eventually getting to the point where it wasn't worthwhile for him to continue. It also didn't help that he had one of the most irritating fanbases that would hound him, whine when their desires weren't met, and then even go so far as to attack and berate his other work because "why is the episode taking so long?", making the project even more hectic and for him.

Now if he's finally going back to the project, I'm glad because it was something that I loved as a kid and I'd like to see it finished. However, it also needs to be something that he'll enjoy finishing as a project as his original love for it is what gave it its charm, not because of obligation.
Here's the thing, it would have been fine if he stopped and wasn't feeling like doing it but I'm upset that when fans wanted to finish it and people would have been behind it, he started acting like a idiot about it and going crazy about it and denied fans from atleast keeping it going

But that's just my IMO.
Is it just Calem that sucks or is that Chatot is just OP?
Lv. 25 Chatot Vs. Lv. 30 Quilladin shouldn't end with two Chatters
Guess it's both
Now to fight murder ***** Korrina and her murder bird Hawlucha
Music Bird is just that good

And Gen 6 is pretty easy

D

Deleted member

But that's just my IMO.

Music Bird is just that good

And Gen 6 is pretty easy
"But that's just my in my opinion"
Huh...

Music Bird will sing the song of her people
*inaudible DS mic recorded sound*
Quilladin's Sp Def is ****. Start grinding, make sure Chatot's another 5 levels or so
It's literally OHKOing everything in the gym and what it doesn't gets killed by confusion
Grinding? Hahaha
I have a plan that has worked since the original Nuzlocke, it's called Destiny Ruby
Besides, I'm trying to avoid grinding as much as possible

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@Burb
Ah, I see. Thank you. :s I don't think I've ever had any problems with them, though I suppose the VERY campy(?) ones can be annoying.

I do like visually feminine guys, though. Not at all hinted at by my avatar.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"But that's just my in my opinion"
Huh...

Music Bird will sing the song of her people
*inaudible DS mic recorded sound*

It's literally OHKOing everything in the gym and what it doesn't gets killed by confusion
Grinding? Hahaha
I have a plan that has worked since the original Nuzlocke, it's called Destiny Ruby
Besides, I'm trying to avoid grinding as much as possible
Have fun getting brutally murdered

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know that one character that you know is never going to get in but you still want? What are your picks for that?

D

Deleted member

@Burb
Ah, I see. Thank you. :s I don't think I've ever had any problems with them, though I suppose the VERY campy(?) ones can be annoying.

I do like visually feminine guys, though. Not at all hinted at by my avatar.
I have found my people
Btw, who's the guy in your avi?

D

Deleted member

You know that one character that you know is never going to get in but you still want? What are your picks for that?
I think I have been pretty vocal about wanting Etrian Odyssey stuff lately
So yeah, that
If you want specifics, then it either the Highlander(because muh lances) or Frederica(because muh waifu)
TBF though, pretty much every gen sans 4 are pretty easy.

:094:
Platinum had a big middle finger pointed to me during the entire game
The entire Team Galactic can go **** themselves especially, I lost a Pokemon to at least each one of their admins

And HGSS with its level curve

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Let me get this straight, you want all of those characters, but not the mighty Heropon? Why have his sidekicks and enemies without a playable Heropon?

This would be his idle animation

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Let me get this straight, you want all of those characters, but not the mighty Heropon? Why have his sidekicks and enemies without a playable Heropon?
I never said I didn't want him though he's easily my least used character in the party if we ignore Sharla.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Crash should have a lot of votes in the Ballot;... why Crash doesn't have a lot of votes in the ballot? He's a popular character! D=

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Machoke at red HP
>Confused
>Attacks
>Low Sweep
>Crits
End result:
This game hates me
20150830_115853.jpg

RIP @HyperFalcon

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Thats my entire top 5 :)
Viridi, ridley, wonder red, agnes oblige/edea lee, melia.

I suppose this is payback for geting so many characters i wanted in the initial game :skull:
I've always thought Viridi could've been in the game, after all, it'd complete the KI representaion, too bad she's a stage hazard.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
for whatever reason, squeenix considers ff6 to not have a main character
i mean yeah it has an ensemble cast but terra (or celes) is clearly the protag
I don't know, when I played the game as a kid I very clearly felt that the game had no central protagonist. It's part of the reason I liked it so much, actually. I actually always felt like Locke was a POV character, but Terra was driving the story more than any other character. I would probably say that my issue with Terra is that you don't even need to recruit her in the World of Ruin. I would, from a personal standpoint, want Celes in over all the other characters in 6.

I think Cecil from FF IV makes the most sense for a SNES/NES FF rep. He's the clear cut protagonist from his story, and the game is a.) a turning point for the franchise and b.) insanely beloved in Japan. It's why the game is the only pre-Playstation Final Fantasy to receive a sequel (the after years) and also why the game has more than two characters in the Dissidia franchise.

Seven, Egil, Reyn, Melia, Metal Face.
Melia and Seven would both be amazing. Needs more Riki, though.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
1. Sony
2. Every game after the wrath of cortex
3. People with bad taste :p
1 - He has no exclusivity with Sony anymore, just ties by nostalgia, I guess.. (and I almost had a heart attack at E3 with Reggie starting to talk about a deal with Activision... ugh);
2 - Twinsanity was nice. :\/...
3 - and definitely, people around have a very bad taste.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know, speaking of Pokemon, do you think they'll do anything for the series next year considering 2016 is the series 20th anniversary
(And also :4link:&:4samus: 30th Anniversary and :4kirby: 25th Anniversary next year)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Nintendo is getting really weird. Now they're embargoing embargoes XD.

D

Deleted member

I WARNED YOU
This isn't my fault
Chatot with its defenses would have died to that crit no matter how much I grinded
The worst part is that the next areas don't even have cool Pokemon
The water route has an island with patchs of grass but they are the same as Route 12
And then there's the desert with all its ground Pokemon
Sigh why does thid always happens to me?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Smash needs more Metal Face period.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
You know, speaking of Pokemon, do you think they'll do anything for the series next year considering 2016 is the series 20th anniversary
(And also :4link:&:4samus: 30th Anniversary and :4kirby: 25th Anniversary next year)
Pokemon has stuff planned (inb4 FireRed/LeafGreen remakes)
Metroid will get nothing halfway decent as per usual.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Boost, I have a question actually. Why do you think of Nester a lot? I'm seriously confused, especially as you've used the 'Not impossible unless it's not a video game character' argument on me a lot
Nester will be impossible for DLC because he is not a video game character as the ballout rule says but if it's smash 5 then I think he would stand a chance a way better chance than being near impossible, Nester is not even in my top 10 wanted character and I think having him would be fun a lot like duck hunt and R.O.B. but I will explain why I do think of him a lot and why he is too special in Nintendo history for another retro/joke character, I think the Nintendo non video game characters that appear in a video game console stands a chance (but not in the ballot)

this guy was special in Nintendo history he is also another retro/joke character, Nester represent Nintendo Power he is also Nintendo Power mascot, in the past Nintendo Power was alive people were able to get and learn about Nintendo games alot of them were secret and something that we never knew about and this was before internet did become a thing, however Nintendo Power has died because the internet appeared so in honor of Nintendo Power lets add Nester, also fun fact R.O.B. is not a video game but he was added in smash, Nester had a game on the Virtual Boy so he is able to join unlike Captain N and Ash ketchum who never appeared in any game.

Think of the "joke/retro" character we got in smash:
:4duckhunt:= Nintendos Gun
:4rob:= Nintendos Robot
:4wiifit:= Nintendos Health
:4gaw:= Nintendos Handheld
:4drmario:= Nintendos Puzzle
:popo:= Nintendos NES Hardware?
And now let's add
Nester = Nintendos Magazine and Fans

I think Nester is easily one of the most deserving retro/joke character to be included in the roster, he have the same situation as R.O.B. For not being video game character but at least has a game on Virtual Boy, I wouldnt be surprised if he will ends up in smash 5.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sylux. At best it has a slim chance for this game, but if Smash 5 exists it'll have far better chances by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom