• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just realized Push(Fletchling) is Adamant
If only he had Gale Wings...
He would be Smogon Bird
You know, speaking of Pokemon, do you think they'll do anything for the series next year considering 2016 is the series 20th anniversary
(And also :4link:&:4samus: 30th Anniversary and :4kirby: 25th Anniversary next year)
Hopefully, Pokemon Z/X2Y2/whatever so I can Nuzlocke some more :cool:
I wouldn't be opposed to a FRLG remake seeing as those are the only games I have yet to play Nuzlocke in the series
Yes, I live to Nuzlocke

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nester will be impossible for DLC because he is not a video game character as the ballout rule says but if it's smash 5 then I think he would stand a chance a way better chance than being near impossible, Nester is not even in my top 10 wanted character and I think having him would be fun a lot like duck hunt and R.O.B. but I will explain why I do think of him a lot and why he is too special in Nintendo history for another retro/joke character, I think the Nintendo non video game characters that appear in a video game console stands a chance (but not in the ballot)

this guy was special in Nintendo history he is also another retro/joke character, Nester represent Nintendo Power he is also Nintendo Power mascot, in the past Nintendo Power was alive people were able to get and learn about Nintendo games alot of them were secret and something that we never knew about and this was before internet did become a thing, however Nintendo Power has died because the internet appeared so in honor of Nintendo Power lets add Nester, also fun fact R.O.B. is not a video game but he was added in smash, Nester had a game on the Virtual Boy so he is able to join unlike Captain N and Ash ketchum who never appeared in any game.

Think of the "joke/retro" character we got in smash:
:4duckhunt:= Nintendos Gun
:4rob:= Nintendos Robot
:4wiifit:= Nintendos Health
:4gaw:= Nintendos Handheld
:4drmario:= Nintendos Puzzle
:popo:= Nintendos NES Hardware?
And now let's add
Nester = Nintendos Magazine and Fans

I think Nester is easily one of the most deserving retro/joke character to be included in the roster, he have the same situation as R.O.B. For not being video game character but at least has a game on Virtual Boy, I wouldnt be surprised if he will ends up in smash 5.
First of all, Dr Mario wasn't playable to represent anything, second, Nester is exclusive to the US, Nintendo Power used Mario instead after a while and NINTENDO POWER IS DEAD

D

Deleted member

Welp, Korrina's Mienfoo just killed itself by trying to *****double slap Rocky Helmet Swamp

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
First of all, Dr Mario wasn't playable to represent anything, second, Nester is exclusive to the US, Nintendo Power used Mario instead after a while and NINTENDO POWER IS DEAD
Not exactly, sometimes in certain issues they would have Manga which included Nester. Other manga they had were Mario, Zelda, and etc.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Pokemon has stuff planned (inb4 FireRed/LeafGreen remakes)
Metroid will get nothing halfway decent as per usual.
Same thing will happen to Zelda as well (implying Zelda Wii U counts, that was just delayed depending on what happens for the NX or just straight fixed up)

And Activision said 'give us more money than your budget allows' when Sony asked for Crash and Spyro in PSABR
Crash and Spyro is just being held hostage until they get that multi-billion dollar deal off the ground. :4diddy:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Sakurai didnt say anything about what does Dr. Mario represent but if you think deeper he does represent Nintendos Puzzle
Fire emblem and mother and punch-out wasnt released world wide in the past so that's not a reason, "dead" is not a reason to not include him because adding him is a honor for Nintendo power just like Duck hunt and R.O.B.

D

Deleted member

Machoke went down with Storm Throw
And Hawlucha got burned by Flame Body in the first hit
Eviolite Fletchling agaisnt a burned Hawlucha spamming Flying Press? I can already taste victory
EDIT: Well, this was... anti-climatic
Time to get a free Lucario

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sakurai didnt say anything about what does Dr. Mario represent but if you think deeper he does represent Nintendos Puzzle
Fire emblem and mother and punch-out wasnt released world wide in the past so that's not a reason, "dead" is not a reason to not include him because adding him is a honor for Nintendo power just like Duck hunt and R.O.B.
Dr. Mario was put in to pad out the roster. The difference between Mother, FE and Punch Out is A: Only FE wasn't released outside Japan prior to Smash and B: Video game characters. DHD and ROB? Video game characters and peripheral. Nester? Replaced by Mario from something dead

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know that one character that you know is never going to get in but you still want? What are your picks for that?
Starforce Megaman and/or Harp Note.
And I'm probably the oooooonly one in the world.
There's plenty of other slightly-more-possible impossible picks I have but I've had Starforce on the mind lately. And I'm tired.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dr. Mario was put in to pad out the roster. The difference between Mother, FE and Punch Out is A: Only FE wasn't released outside Japan prior to Smash and B: Video game characters. DHD and ROB? Video game characters and peripheral. Nester? Replaced by Mario from something dead
Well, people miss Nintendo Power and are trying to find ways to reserect it.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Starforce Megaman and/or Harp Note.
And I'm probably the oooooonly one in the world.
There's plenty of other slightly-more-possible impossible picks I have but I've had Starforce on the mind lately. And I'm tired.
EXE is better and more popular.

The games need a 3DS/Vita rerelease with online multiplayer. Snake Battle Chip spam 4lyfe

D

Deleted member

I love how Calem just shows up and it's like
"Hey, jave Surf, k bye"
Speaking of which
Ryuga just learned Surf
So I'm gonna Surf on her
You know why this is possible?
Because surfboards have to be flat

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Nester will be impossible for DLC because he is not a video game character as the ballout rule says but if it's smash 5 then I think he would stand a chance a way better chance than being near impossible, Nester is not even in my top 10 wanted character and I think having him would be fun a lot like duck hunt and R.O.B. but I will explain why I do think of him a lot and why he is too special in Nintendo history for another retro/joke character, I think the Nintendo non video game characters that appear in a video game console stands a chance (but not in the ballot)

this guy was special in Nintendo history he is also another retro/joke character, Nester represent Nintendo Power he is also Nintendo Power mascot, in the past Nintendo Power was alive people were able to get and learn about Nintendo games alot of them were secret and something that we never knew about and this was before internet did become a thing, however Nintendo Power has died because the internet appeared so in honor of Nintendo Power lets add Nester, also fun fact R.O.B. is not a video game but he was added in smash, Nester had a game on the Virtual Boy so he is able to join unlike Captain N and Ash ketchum who never appeared in any game.

Think of the "joke/retro" character we got in smash:
:4duckhunt:= Nintendos Gun
:4rob:= Nintendos Robot
:4wiifit:= Nintendos Health
:4gaw:= Nintendos Handheld
:4drmario:= Nintendos Puzzle
:popo:= Nintendos NES Hardware?
And now let's add
Nester = Nintendos Magazine and Fans

I think Nester is easily one of the most deserving retro/joke character to be included in the roster, he have the same situation as R.O.B. For not being video game character but at least has a game on Virtual Boy, I wouldnt be surprised if he will ends up in smash 5.
Your argument for Nester completely falls apart when there are 2 important facts, besides him not being a video-game character, he is completely unknown to most of the Japanese and European audience, so he isn't ever going to happen. Nintendo Power was the official magazine in the USA, not all of North America, so its also highly likely most Canadians don't know him either.

Also there's no need to represent Nintendo's Magazine history, its really unimportant and really insignificant when compared to Nintendo hardware, software and peripherals.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Nester was that important he wouldn't have been replaced, now would he?
I suppose. He was probably dated, so to keep up with the times they replaced him with Mario. Dated being your tipical 90's kid. But he still represents the era.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I love how Calem just shows up and it's like
"Hey, jave Surf, k bye"
Speaking of which
Ryuga just learned Surf
So I'm gonna Surf on her
You know why this is possible?
Because surfboards have to be flat
I'm not sure whether to applaud or have my palm collide with my forehead.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
"Dr. Mario was added to represent puzzle games!"

lol what

He was put into Melee late in development because they had extra time and decided to use it to make the roster larger. He wasn't even planned for the roster initially. It has nothing to do with genres, it has to do with him being a quick and easy clone character to add.

The same goes for SSB4. He was added in late in development due to the differences he had with regular Mario in Melee. He was supposed to be a costume like Alph and the Koopalings.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

lol what

He was put into Melee late in development because they had extra time and decided to use it to make the roster larger. He wasn't even planned for the roster initially. It has nothing to do with genres, it has to do with him being a quick and easy clone character to add.

The same goes for SSB4. He was added in late in development due to the differences he had with regular Mario in Melee. He was supposed to be a costume like Alph and the Koopalings.
People believed characters were put in to represent something. Outside of single series reps like :4wiifit::4villager::4shulk::4littlemac:, no one really represents something than that their games came out around 2009-2013 and if they were unique characters.
:4mewtwo: wasn't put in Melee to repress legendaries, gen 1 nor anything else, it was because he was a unique and popular character.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
People believed characters were put in to represent something. Outside of single series reps like :4wiifit::4villager::4shulk::4littlemac:, no one really represents something than that their games came out around 2009-2013 and if they were unique characters.
:4mewtwo: wasn't put in Melee to repress legendaries, gen 1 nor anything else, it was because he was a unique and popular character.
The grand majority of Smash characters aren't meant to represent anything but the series they came from.

There's no secret hidden motive behind everyone's addition. If Dr. Mario was meant to represent puzzle games as a whole, I don't think he'd be a last minute addition to both of the games he was playable in, and Brawl cut.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
still at least represent something special
still not being worldwide is not a reason, smash is the place where alot of character gain alot of popularity
just because he was replaced doesnt mean "lets forget about his history"

lol what

if you think more deeply you will find out that he is the only playable character in smash that was "originally" created in puzzel game.
If Nester was that important he wouldn't have been replaced, now would he?
he grew up and had a son so Nintendo wanted to end his story wich might be the reason why he was replaced by Mario? maybe?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
still at least represent something special
still not being worldwide is not a reason, smash is the place where alot of character gain alot of popularity
just because he was replaced doesnt mean "lets forget about his history"

if you think more deeply you will find out that he is the only playable character in smash that was "originally" created in puzzel game.

he grew up and had a son so Nintendo wanted to end his story wich might be the reason why he was replaced by Mario? maybe?
Can I have what you've been smoking please? These arguments are poor and I don't feel like taking them apart due to the headaches they've given me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom