• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You don't like Etika, so therefore you must get mad whenever he is mentioned. Such is the law of Teh Interwebz
I've literally never gotten mad over people mentioning Etika.

All I do is make a remark about him being an unfunny hack and an extremely poor, lazy news/rumor source.

That's not me being "mad".

How would you feel if we get 6 more dlc characters and they are:

- King K.Rool
- Isaac
- Wolf
- Inkling
- Shovel Knight
- Shantae
Meh/10.

Replace Shantae with one more cut veteran, and we're good.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

All I do is make a remark about him being an unfunny hack and an extremely poor, lazy news/rumor source.

Meh/10.

Snake :snake::troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Meh/10.

But...Joke...

Also, I think we should listen to Japan when it comes to competetive smash, they at least experiment instea of Sheiks and Diddy galore

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You know what they say Burb Burb "Assuming makes an Ass out of you and me."

Edit* to make clear, I wasn't bashing Burb, I was bashing everyone else who assumed he'd get mad.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Also, I think we should listen to Japan when it comes to competetive smash, they at least experiment instea of Sheiks and Diddy galore
This is true, Japan also refuses to play Ike because he's an ugly gorilla and sleep on DK big-time.

That said, Japan is good with Pit, so I'm okay with that~

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I put forward the theory that we might only see veterans and 3rd Party newcomers as DLC at least a couple times.

I would be ok with it as long as the third party choices were good ones.

NOW YOU'RE A MAOWN, A MAOWN, MAOWN, MAOWN.

D

Deleted member

But...Joke...

The problem is we have players like zero who teaches how to use Sheik, but doesn't tell the public how to beat her with anything but sheik. I know there's a way, and if there is, he knows, he labs the game like no other person on the planet

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm pretty sure I put forward the theory that we might only see veterans and 3rd Party newcomers as DLC at least a couple times.
I doubt there's enough left for that to even be a factor.

Preview of V. 2.1
If you haven't requested to be in the photo, please do so.
I already recorded requests prior to this post.
Missing something important.

The face of nearly every image leak from October to April

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The problem is we have players like zero who teaches how to use Sheik, but doesn't tell the public how to beat her with anything but sheik. I know there's a way, and if there is, he knows, he labs the game like no other person on the planet
ZeRo shouldn't be this huge of a factor IMO, 'I don't like customs because reasons' 'People shouldn't just main Diddy for shizzles...I main Diddy now' 'I'm going to prank call someone and accidentally dox them twice'

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
"Why's he posting, Koops?"

"Because he has to. Because he's the hero Crashboards deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll troll him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a vocal guardian, a watchful and logical poster. A Burbman."

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So if Shovel Knight is on the roster than these are my predictions. After debate I decided to choose Chibi-Robo. I debated on him due to having a trophy in the "Others" section, but then I realized that the Viruses had on in the same section on the Wii U version rather than the Mario series, and on the 3DS version some Shy Guys appear in the Mario section, while others appear in the Yoshi section. So I decided to add him. Plus it's not as if he has multiple trophies in the section, so I realized that he'd still fit. I predict that Wolf will be the last veteran, Shovel Knight will be a Guest newcomer, while Bandana Dee and Chibi-Robo will both be Newcomers. Here's the list.

Pack 2:

Veterans:
Wolf

Newcomers:
Waddle Dee (Bandana Dee)
Chibi-Robo
Shovel Knight (3rd Party)

And that's the list. I'll take suggestions if anyone has any if it needs improvement, and if you want then I can do an Amiibo chart too. Just PM me for suggestions, questions, etc.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
We haven't had a 1st party newcomer yet at least. If this is true, we've had 2 newcomers both of which are 3rd Party.
The wording suggested to me that we'd be seeing more of those.

I don't think there's enough left to have multiple veterans, 1st party newcomers, and 3rd party newcomers. If Shovel Knight's actually in, I don't see any other third parties getting in. I think any remaining characters will be 1st party newcomers.

I debated on him due to having a trophy in the "Others" section, but then I realized that the Viruses had on in the same section on the Wii U version rather than the Mario series, and on the 3DS version some Shy Guys appear in the Mario section, while others appear in the Yoshi section.
.......Huh?

I have no idea how any of that could be taken as signs Chibi-Robo will be DLC.

Also, that wouldn't be "Pack 2". It would be Pack 4. 1 was the one with Mewtwo, 2 was Lucas/Roy/Ryu, and 3 was the N64 stages.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If Ike is SSSSSSSSSS Tier Japan would still go 'nah, he ugly'
Would explain the large amount of DK content in Smash
To be fair, I'm sure there are good Ike players in Japan. He just isn't nearly as popular over there as he is over here.

Wario is relatively popular in Japan thanks to players like Abadango, Pit gets good representation from Earth, AMSA plays a mean Greninja, DKWill is ostensibly very popular even if the scene seems to maintain DK is a so-so character at best - and what's even more interesting is that Mewtwo is considered a decent character over there. It's a very different metagame, which I find very exciting indeed~

D

Deleted member

ZeRo shouldn't be this huge of a factor IMO, 'I don't like customs because reasons' 'People shouldn't just main Diddy for shizzles...I main Diddy now' 'I'm going to prank call someone and accidentally dox them twice'
The customs debate is literally just preference, and most competitive players showed the stupidity of some customs that don't make sense to allow.
ZeRo is the meta right now, hes always evolving and getting better, and until he actually loses and we have info on how to beat sheik, be will be one of the biggest factors in evolving smash 4. He obviously doesn't want to give anyone an edge and break his 43 win streak at this point

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Chrono.

The Great Sea in Mario Maker

A shame you can't have beach levels, particularly weird since most of the 2D Marios have em.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Changed my avatar to get into the festivities...
...really wish someone could make the Smashified SK with Link's green replacing the blue. That would be sweet.
Not perfect and I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for (I grabbed the color from Link's SSB4 concept art), but I tried my hand at it quickly. (The edges look kind of bad on a transparent background at full size but if you throw on a white background it looks more natural.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I don't think there's enough left to have multiple veterans, 1st party newcomers, and 3rd party newcomers. If Shovel Knight's actually in, I don't see any other third parties getting in. I think any remaining characters will be 1st party newcomers.

.......Huh?

I have no idea how any of that could be taken as signs Chibi-Robo will be DLC.
It's not signs.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
K Rool is already deconfirmed
While I completely agree.....

Most people aren't taking the Mii Costume as disconfirmation and have an "it's not over 'till it's over" outlook on the whole thing.

Probably shouldn't waste your time trying to make people think otherwise.

It's not signs.
What is it supposed to mean, then?

Like, I'm trying to wrap my head around how Viruses in "Others" and Shy Guys in Mario are a reason to think Chibi-Robo is DLC.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I think we probably have anywhere between 2 and 4. Sakurai isn't getting any easier to predict mind.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think we probably have anywhere between 2 and 4. Sakurai isn't getting any easier to predict mind.
I agree, but your statement was that we "might only be seeing veterans and 3rd Party newcomers as DLC at least a couple times.".

2-4 isn't enough for us to see multiple waves of veterans and third parties, unless they're one-character-only waves, and if there's no 1st party newcomers.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
While I completely agree.....

Most people aren't taking the Mii Costume as disconfirmation and have an "it's not over 'till it's over" outlook on the whole thing.

Probably shouldn't waste your time trying to make people think otherwise.

What is it supposed to mean, then?

Like, I'm trying to wrap my head around how Viruses in "Others" and Shy Guys in Mario are a reason to think Chibi-Robo is DLC.
I just put him down because of that new Chibi-Robo game that everyone hates. The series is also very popular in Japan. And because he has some interesting moveset potential, you may know that in the game Super Smash Flash 2 he has a good moveset. Nintendo most likely won't base it off this moveset entirely, but it's still a cool move pool nonetheless.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Not perfect and I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for (I grabbed the color from Link's SSB4 concept art), but I tried my hand at it quickly. (The edges look kind of bad on a transparent background at full size but if you throw on a white background it looks more natural.)
Hey I'll take that anyday...thank you so so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom