• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
They don't have to rescale the Wii U CSS. There's actally enough room for 70 characters on there without rescaling if they remove the name tags. Not saying they'll do it, but it's an option. It actually looks less cluttered.

Hmm, guess this whole time we've been looking at Horizontal space and not vertical space. I like this! Now my question though, since they already resized the rosters horizontally, if they were to do this, is it possible they can revert the portraits back to their horizontal length?

So to generate a little discussion. If we got 4 DLC characters and they were:

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
Pretty Disappointed.

I really hope we get:

Wolf
K. Rool
Isaac
Rayman

Three of the top voted Nintendo characters, and one of the top voted 3rd party characters, with solid icon status.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Don't remember the name, but it focused on the 3DS camera
Photo Finder. That wasn't so different, the premise and art style were different, but besides that it still had you in full 3D movement and cleaning up things.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not sure how I feel about Inklings. One of the unique things about Splatoon is that the maps are all paintable and you can slide around in the paint/ink. In Smash, there isn't really a system for leaving decals on maps.
Ryu could never work as we don't have input commands. As much as I hate the Inklings, that's a dumb argument

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
Pretty solid.

I'd rather have K. Rool than Dixie, but not to the point where I'd be upset about Dixie being in. I just want a new DK character, so I'm cool with it.

Inklings are pretty much disconfirmed in my book due to the trophy DLC, and I don't think I'd want them even if they weren't. Can't really think of another first party who'd be a better pick, though, so it's fine.

domokl

Smash Lord
I would be fine with those four acutally, seems like a great selection to me.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Ryu could never work as we don't have input commands. As much as I hate the Inklings, that's a dumb argument
Ryu is one character. If this works how I think it works, they would basically have to go through every level and make each of the surfaces "paintable."

Unless they didn't actually leave decals on the map and instead left puddles, but then you have weird levels like Corneria.

D

Deleted member

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 could you update my avatar in the pic?
It's okay if you can't, just give me a yes or no

Last edited by a moderator:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
Quite happy overall.

While I am completely against Shovel Knight being in, at the end of the day I don't care too much who else gets in if Wolf and Dixie get in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ryu is one character. If this works how I think it works, they would basically have to go through every level and make each of the surfaces "paintable."

Unless they didn't actually leave decals on the map and instead left puddles, but then you have weird levels like Corneria.
Or...Inklings have a move which turns the texture orange and boom. It's not impossible really

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Or...Inklings have a move which turns the texture orange and boom. It's not impossible really
The whole texture? What I'm getting at is that Smash doesn't really have a system where its textures are paintable, and if they implemented something like that it would probably have to be a huge pass over a lot of textures.

I think that something like that isn't impossible, but it would be big and I'm not sure about the 3DS being able to do it.

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
Hyped for SK and Inklings, happy with Wolf and 'meh' with Dixie
Overall happy with it

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
You know how I would feel, since that was the question I asked you earlier in the Source Gaming hang out, lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The whole texture? What I'm getting at is that Smash doesn't really have a system where its textures are paintable, and if they implemented something like that it would probably have to be a huge pass over a lot of textures.

I think that something like that isn't impossible, but it would be big and I'm not sure about the 3DS being able to do it.
Considering only the floor would be needed, it's not that bad. Holy ****. I'm defending Inklings, me, someone who has a huge disliking to Splatoon. What the flying ****

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
Happy with Wolf.
A tiny bit happy with Dixie.
Meh on Shovel Knight.
Hell no to Inklings.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
I'd be dissapointed with Shovel Knight, but I'd be fine with this. At least I'd get one of my most wanted (Inklings).

D

Deleted member

Inkling's ink could work like the "buried" effect that we already have in the game
If it's just a puddle, it won't be any weirder than that

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
Dixie and Inklings are in my top 10. I'm not too hot about Wolf, but Shovel Knight could surprise and I might end up having lots of fun with him. So that's the potential for 3 characters I'm glad made it. I would be ok with this.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm currently playing Brawl again.

:pirateship:

Am I the only one that wants this and Mario Bros. back?
Pirate Ship is probably the most commonly requested Brawl stage.

It really should've gotten in over Eldin. Better yet, over Brawl Mario Circuit, since Mario already has a ton of stages and that one was completely redundant.

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
I'd much rather have King K. Rool, honestly. The list is mostly fine but I would replace one of them (I have no preference with which one since the only character on this list I kind of care about is Dixie)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Pirate Ship is probably the most commonly requested Brawl stage.

It really should've gotten in over Eldin. Better yet, over Brawl Mario Circuit, since Mario already has a ton of stages and that one was completely redundant.
The only good thing about Brawl Mario Circuit imo is Waluigi Pinball. Mario Circuit's Cloudtop Cruise is godly in comparison

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm currently playing Brawl again.

:pirateship:

Am I the only one that wants this and Mario Bros. back?
I was actually shocked Pirate Ship didn't come back. It was a fan favorite, AND it would have been excellent advertising for Wind Waker HD to boot.
And I would only be interested in Mario Bros if you could transition to the other side of the screen like in Balloon Fight. A lot of people hate that but it's the reason I LOVE goofing off on that stage.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I was actually shocked Pirate Ship didn't come back. It was a fan favorite, AND it would have been excellent advertising for Wind Waker HD to boot.
And I would only be interested in Mario Bros if you could transition to the other side of the screen like in Balloon Fight. A lot of people hate that but it's the reason I LOVE goofing off on that stage.
Not to mention the Wii U version didn't introduce a new stage from one of the games with the Wind Waker artstyle (while the 3DS introduced Spirit Train). If they knew they weren't going to make a stage for Toon Link on the Wii U version, they should've ported over Pirate Ship to compensate.

Etika's Strawpoll:

http://strawpoll.me/5340648/r

The Ridley choice is for Neutral votes :p
It's funny how much can change in the span of a few days.

If this same question was asked a week ago, it would be completely one-sided in K. Rool's favor. Even moreso if it was asked back before the Mii costume was announced. I would've voted for K. Rool without a second thought, even post-Mii Costume.

Now it's neck and neck, and I actually voted for Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What's Etika's stance on this whole thing anyway?
'Hmm...I haven't yelled MAH GENITAAAAAALS in a while, Shovel Knight can be a woman so I can say it there without sounding gay!' or some ****, I don't know
the heck is your beef with it
I find the designs ugly, don't like the gameplay, the fact they had frozen ****ing yogurt and it's overrated imo. Maybe I'm just upset I still need to comfort W101 by the fact Nintendo CAN advertise, but not with the games I like

Burb

The Absolute Worst
...Just why do people think SK has a higher chance then K. Rool? That just....I'm not sure if I can comprehend that
Leaks from a credible source with the typical SmashBoards Leakbusters backing it, and K. Rool getting a Mii Costume that reeks of a consolation prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom