• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It's funny how much can change in the span of a few days.

If this same question was asked a week ago, it would be completely one-sided in K. Rool's favor. Even moreso if it was asked back before the Mii costume was announced. I would've voted for K. Rool without a second thought, even post-Mii Costume.

Now it's neck and neck, and I actually voted for Shovel Knight.

I personally think K. Rool has better chances. No argument to it, just a gut feeling.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If there were only two characters left and they ended up being Wolf and Shovel Knight, happy or sad ?

:040:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If there were only two characters left and they ended up being Wolf and Shovel Knight, happy or sad ?

Wolf is the biggest hole in the roster to me.

If we only got one more character and it was him, I'd be happy. In the scenario your post presents, SK would just be an extra to me.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've tried to tell Etika that it's a suggestion box, but I've given up.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

TBH sad.I dont like wolf and dont care for shovel knight much.
Partly made out of a joke, partly made just out of my own curiosity...
http://strawpoll.me/5340868
IGN.Really dont get why gamexplain gets so much hate.They really do much wrong besides giving a couple of facts wrong and even we get facts wrong every once and awhile

D

Deleted member

I'm so ****ing sorry for the potato quality pics
RIP @tehponycorn
20150828_163822.jpg

I FINALLY get revenge(literal one even so, @ Luigi The President Luigi The President finishing it with a SE Revenge) on the same Absol that had already killed two Pokemon of mine in previous Nuzlockes
Then its trainer is like "nuh uh" and his Pinsir pulls Brick Break out of its ass
I'm fated to always lose someone to this ****ing asshole
The worst part is that I only have one area left before Korrina

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
RIP @tehponycorn
View attachment 70632
I FINALLY get revenge(literal one even so, @ Luigi The President Luigi The President finishing it with a SE Revenge) on the same Absol that had already killed two Pokemon of mine in previous Nuzlockes
Then its trainer is like "nuh uh" and his Pinsir pulls Brick Break out of its ***
I'm fated to always lose someone to this ****ing *******
NAO ETS GROYND TOYM

D

Deleted member

I'd probably say NeoGAF as least favorite "news site" after the original post. For the original poster, they tend to have fast news, but since it is a forum, and imo has questionable moderation ethic and community, and being a bit hard to not read others post with it being right next to the OP's news, just...yeah. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh, and he just read my post and misinterpreted it as, "Yeah, it's a suggestion box to see who can get the most votes in the poll." :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Wow, he must really not like listening.
He wasn't listening during the FNaF chat too, and it was REALLY annoying.
I should really stop being so harsh of GameXplain though, since IGN's clearly the most biased against Nintendo and that hurts...a lot.

Soul.

I think GameXplain is biased for the Wii U because they praise it more than the 3DS in general

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I went from hoping the leak was fake, to perhaps it has something to it, to seems likely I guess, and now I'm starting to doubt it. A lot of coincidences, but a lot of speculation based on other things happening.

Why is YCG still campaigning for SK?
If it took a year to make the amiibo, surely it would have nothing to do with Smash.
If SK does get in Smash then we are to believe SK gets two amiibos?
Why is Push and Neo Zero only 75% confident? Whats behind the source we don't know?

Also the maintenance coming out soon, during PRIME time in the US. Usually the servers go down in the middle of the morning. The last time this happened, it was for an update.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
RIP @tehponycorn
View attachment 70632
Then its trainer is like "nuh uh" and his Pinsir pulls Brick Break out of its ***
I'm fated to always lose someone to this ****ing *******
Yo I died??? :"(

Leaks from a credible source with the typical SmashBoards Leakbusters backing it, and K. Rool getting a Mii Costume that reeks of a consolation prize.
I just...I still can't even start to think SK's possibly more likely then K. Rool, but thanks.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
If it took a year to make the amiibo, surely it would have nothing to do with Smash.
Is there something that's especially unlikely about that?

Not gonna pretend I know the 'rules' of how many amiibo a character can have.
It's painful for an FE fan to see such a large scrub
I can imagine, especially with Awakening being so piss-easy.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I went from hoping the leak was fake, to perhaps it has something to it, to seems likely I guess, and now I'm starting to doubt it. A lot of coincidences, but a lot of speculation based on other things happening.

Why is YCG still campaigning for SK?
Why is Push and Neo Zero only 75% confident? Whats behind the source we don't know?

Also the maintenance coming out soon, during PRIME time in the US. Usually the servers go down in the middle of the morning. The last time this happened, it was for an update.
Maybe we'll start seeing stuff in the Smash Twitter in the next couple of days? That's how the last update was.

D

Deleted member

Storm Throw is a beatiful move blessed by the RNG Goddess herself
In case you don't know, it is a Fighting type move with a base power of 60 that always crit
A L W A Y S

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of all this biased stuff, I was shown the Guiness Book of World Records Gaming Edition recently, and you should've seen all thing things about Nintendo that they said.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'd probably say NeoGAF as least favorite "news site" after the original post. For the original poster, they tend to have fast news, but since it is a forum, and imo has questionable moderation ethic and community, and being a bit hard to not read others post with it being right next to the OP's news, just...yeah. lol
Don't even get me started. NeoGAF as a forum is just a cesspool.

I chose IGN though, because I still can't get their Dual destinies review out of my head. "Linear" IT'S A VISUAL NOVEL

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is there something that's especially unlikely about that?

Not gonna pretend I know the 'rules' of how many amiibo a character can have.I can imagine, especially with Awakening being so piss-easy.
I started with Awakening and I had a much better time, granted, I did casual mode, but I didn't recruite Gaius because I didn't know Chrom had to talk, I nearly killed Tharja like that too. She's the second recruitable character and she's good. But I hate her

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty sure it's to not put their eggs in one basket.

Just being safe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm curious, does anyone else say something when doing something in Smash? I always do one of two things when I'm certain I'll get a tipper with Marth. I either yell MINNA MITEITE KURE or make a pun. 'I wanna POINT something out! You suck, may I give you a TIP?!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom