• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Who I really want as Smash DLC is that Mario guy. I feel he's deserves that big break, he's from quite the cult classic after all. Maybe he can be our oddball DLC rep.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I agree, but your statement was that we "might only be seeing veterans and 3rd Party newcomers as DLC at least a couple times.".

2-4 isn't enough for us to see multiple waves of veterans and third parties, unless they're one-character-only waves, and if there's no 1st party newcomers.
Oh I see where the mistake is.

I used the "at least a couple times" statement in reference to the number of times in the past that I'd said that we'd be seeing vets and 3rd Party characters. Not how many times we'd see it happen.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So anything cool happen since last night?

Also, kinda random, but does anyone here play MH4U? I need help with the G3 Urgent Quest

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I think we probably have anywhere between 2 and 4. Sakurai isn't getting any easier to predict mind.
Based on the 3DS data, and the Wii U roster data...theres easily room for at least 2. If we get anymore than 2 though, they will have to resize the pixels in the Wii U CSS again. So maybe they won't do more than 2, but who knows. If they do at least 3, that means they have room for 6 before they'd have to resize the roster again.

Also how will the 3DS roster work in the future? I know theres a page two tab, but does anyone think the current DLC portraits are going to be moved to page 2? If the tab is added, that would have to force one of the already exisiting DLC characters to the next page regardless.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I just want two to four of these characters as DLC, is that so much to ask Nintendo??

Wolf
K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Inklings
Toad (preferably Captain)

Where them first party newcomers at? Shout outs to Snake or Rayman tho

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Whats the G3 urgent? I'm stuck halfway through G2, just curious
Gogmazios. I can "do" it persay, it's just the needed DPS is absolutely insane. I tried with @ Still~Wolf Still~Wolf and the two of us couldn't kill it in time (though we were super close). If I had 1 (or better 2) more people to DPS he'd go down much easier.

D

Deleted member

Gogmazios. I can "do" it persay, it's just the needed DPS is absolutely insane. I tried with @ Still~Wolf Still~Wolf and the two of us couldn't kill it in time (though we were super close). If I had 1 (or better 2) more people to DPS he'd go down much easier.
Chances are ill do it tomorrow night unless my friends can't hang out. They are done with G3 already and are gonna carry me through, so if you still need help on sunday I'll help, I'm a greatsword user

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Chances are ill do it tomorrow night unless my friends can't hang out. They are done with G3 already and are gonna carry me through, so if you still need help on sunday I'll help, I'm a greatsword user
greatsword master race.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I should get back to MH4, haven't played it in months.

Soul.

As some people have said, I agree with the sentiment that speculation is more useless than before.
Who we get is not that big of a deal. Besides people just speculate for fun.
I don't think he does Patreon stuff unlessI miss something. I know ******* fans donate to him on Twitch but he doesn't Patreon beg to my knowledge

Remember the Treehouse at Comic Con last year, that was straight boring just playing NES games and Smash 3DS. But Musurama Mystery Castle reveal was nice
I was always smiling whenever they showed Smash 3DS. Bowser dittos in grand finals lmao

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I used the glaive up until last week when I decided it costed too much for all of the upgrades and was more work than i wanted to do
seems most people do that.
doesnt cost all that much once ya money farm and stuffs though
if you need help farming or something sometime i dont mind helpin:066:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Based on the 3DS data, and the Wii U roster data...theres easily room for at least 2. If we get anymore than 2 though, they will have to resize the pixels in the Wii U CSS again. So maybe they won't do more than 2, but who knows. If they do at least 3, that means they have room for 6 before they'd have to resize the roster again.

Also how will the 3DS roster work in the future? I know theres a page two tab, but does anyone think the current DLC portraits are going to be moved to page 2? If the tab is added, that would have to force one of the already exisiting DLC characters to the next page regardless.
They don't have to rescale the Wii U CSS. There's actally enough room for 70 characters on there without rescaling if they remove the name tags. Not saying they'll do it, but it's an option. It actually looks less cluttered.

I just want two to four of these characters as DLC, is that so much to ask Nintendo??

Wolf
K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Toad (preferably Captain)

Where them first party newcomers at? Shout outs to Snake or Rayman tho
I knew I liked you for a reason.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The wording suggested to me that we'd be seeing more of those.

I don't think there's enough left to have multiple veterans, 1st party newcomers, and 3rd party newcomers. If Shovel Knight's actually in, I don't see any other third parties getting in. I think any remaining characters will be 1st party newcomers.
That's a pretty baseless assumption seeing as how all the newcomers we have seen so far have been third party.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So to generate a little discussion. If we got 4 DLC characters and they were:

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?

D

Deleted member

seems most people do that.
doesnt cost all that much once ya money farm and stuffs though
if you need help farming or something sometime i dont mind helpin:066:
I think it became pricey when going for the perfect kinsect that boosted the buff time to like a minute and a half or something like that.

So to generate a little discussion. If we got 4 DLC characters and they were:

Shovel Knight
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Inklings

How would you guys feel?
While Shovel knight is less than satisfactory Dixie alone would make me happy with DLC as a whole. Inklings and Wolf are just Awesome icing on he cake

The leak photo has a quote from Sora, someone the group seems to hate. The irony is delicious. good thing I suggested it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone even remember/care?
RIP @Khoru
this time the tag is for a death
Sygiliph strikes again
20150828_123327.jpg

Team update with potato camera
20150828_124748_6_bestshot.jpg

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Not sure how I feel about Inklings. One of the unique things about Splatoon is that the maps are all paintable and you can slide around in the paint/ink. In Smash, there isn't really a system for leaving decals on maps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom