• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
If Shovel Knight really is already in development there's really no point in waiting until the ballot ends. It's not like a sudden influx of votes at the end of September is going to make them scrap all the work they've done on Shovel Knight so far.
I think it's worth noting that the ballot is not a democratic vote-off. It is, for all intents and purposes, a glorified suggestion box.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Question: Since this post is 3-4k words, should I spoiler tag it so the page isn't huge?

#advicefrommods

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think it's worth noting that the ballot is not a democratic vote-off. It is, for all intents and purposes, a glorified suggestion box.
you know why I really questioned it why they call it a "ballot".

I mean, I did one 500 characters vote (took hours) because I know it matters if I EXPLAIN my stuff.

it's not like quantity matter THIS much, it matters, but isn't everything.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually some of us on the Bandana Dee thread found that we may be getting four fighters as DLC.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I can kinda see why. Because if it did come down to numbers it'd be mostly spam and bots.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So we've got it semi-confirmed there's more than one ballot character. We all thought as much, but it's nice to have pseudo-confirmation.
Yeah, Sakurai said "Several more characters" and that they'd be for the fans, so I'd say it's confirmed that there's at least 2 if not 3 (possibly 4) more characters coming our way.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
explain?

because I find it unlikely tbh.....
A lot of the people there, me included, think that since DLC Character Bundle #1 was 4 characters that would mean Nintendo would have committed to that number for the next one, not sure if that's the way it will go, but I hope that helps.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know what to believe anymore. Too confusing right now.
Up is down, left is right, Donald Trump is the next President and Fant4stic is the best movie of the year.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I see a Rayman leak ending, with disappointment and nothing to look forward at the end of the day...

Soul.

So the amiibo figure is real.
Being in Smash though, is still up in the air.

Meh, the outcome is going to be bad (as in, overwhelmingly negative, salt/rage/whatever) regardless.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On a different topic, what would your reaction be if the fanservice Sakurai said he was going to include from now on wasn't of the literal variety?:troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On a different topic, what would your reaction be if the fanservice Sakurai said he was going to include from now on wasn't of the literal variety?:troll:
Do what anyone in my shoes would do:
Complain and whine that this is the end on Nintendo and I will forever hate them over a bunch of pixels and models. It's only logical.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
@Tama, I don't suppose you know anything about Shantae, or any other characters, do you? I mean, SK can't be the only one, right.......?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom