• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
About the ballot character.....

well assuming this is real (which is just more likely imo), this would have been likely anyway.

HOWEVER. did your sources SPECIFICALLY said ONE OF the voted ballot?

Because it might make this.....a bit interesting if he did.....

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I didn't realise there was a character called Bandana Dee. I'm a Kirby fan, but I never knew the waddle dee things had names like that.
No offense but that's hard to believe since there were multiple rumors including him a while back...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
8 PM in Seattle is 4 AM GMT.
It's actually BST at the moment. GMT would be 3:00 AM. The time is still right for Britain though.
Blame the factory employers a few hundred years back for giving Britain 2 time zones that it switches between.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wonder why if Shovel Knight is a ballot character, he's the only one a part of the leak.

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda confused how he's able to show himself in public and not get in trouble with these "leaks". :surprised:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
About the ballot character.....

well assuming this is real (which is just more likely imo), this would have been likely anyway.

HOWEVER. did your sources SPECIFICALLY said ONE OF the voted ballot?

Because it might make this.....a bit interesting if he did.....
That is what they are claiming, yes.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No offense but that's hard to believe since there were multiple rumors including him a while back...
Why would someone lie about not knowing about a character? Bandana Dee wasn't any part of the leak, I gather from what he's said so far that his response to Bandana Dee was, like what he said about K. Rool and Snake, just speculation, so it's not like he'd be pretending to not know Bandana Dee for the sake of making people believe they were less likely to be in Smash.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's actually BST at the moment. GMT would be 3:00 AM. The time is still right for Britain though.
Blame the factory employers a few hundred years back forgiving Britain 2 time zones that it switches between.
I was saying GMT with daylight savings. All of Europe does it, not just Britain.

I know because I'm European. Portuguese, to be specific.

I wonder why if Shovel Knight is a ballot character, he's the only one a part of the leak.
Because he's a third-party, I'd guess.

I highly doubt they'll have one or two ballot characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo wants to milk the **** out of Smash DLC. Smash Bros. is a really fat milky cow.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If Shovel Knight truly is a ballot character, then I'm REALLY curious to see who else was picked...

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Why would someone lie about not knowing about a character? Bandana Dee wasn't any part of the leak, I gather from what he's said so far that his response to Bandana Dee was, like what he said about K. Rool and Snake, just speculation, so it's not like he'd be pretending to not know Bandana Dee for the sake of making people believe they were less likely to be in Smash.
I dunno, why did all those leakers do things where they'd say a characters name or something and be like "I don't know who that is though" or describe a character and pretend they didn't know the name?

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm just saying it's weird for him to not know a character that was rumored and in multiple "leaks" when he's someone who is involved with people who talk about rumors and leaks for the game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Did he specifically state how many?
I wouldn't honestly need to know that to realise how much it can REALLY chnages stuff.

Basically, it confirms that preballot is REALLY done. I don't expect much slots left, we have one ballot and now, we have another in which we don't know.

There is AT LEAST, 2 ballot characters.

The LEAST amount of slots we would get is 2.

You see where I am getting?

we could have ONLY after ballot remaining.

Oh and also, the ballot being checked now DOES surprises me.

Like I spedculated a lot, I am iffy on wolf and even more on snake.

Meaning that if I stay to my thinking, we might have only newcomers remaining.....

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
@ Tama Tama
You said the source claims Shovel Knight will be revealed within a couple months, and is a ballot choice, right?
That would line up perfectly for him to potentially be announced after the ballot ends on October 3rd.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll be honest: sure, Sakurai has stated he can't be around forever because of contractual issues. That very much is true.

But I also think Nintendo is more than willing to keep the contract with Bandai Namco going if it means a profit. Nintendo and Bandai Namco have good business relationship and I'd bet Bandai Namco also gains something from being part of the Smash Bros. development.

It's all about money and profits.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'll be honest: sure, Sakurai has stated he can't be around forever because of contractual issues. That very much is true.

But I also think Nintendo is more than willing to keep the contract with Bandai Namco going if it means a profit. Nintendo and Bandai Namco have good business relationship and I'd bet Bandai Namco also gains something from being part of the Smash Bros. development.

It's all about money and profits.
Hell, they'll probably keep him around for future Smash titles. They'll probably find a new director but Namco-Bandai will do wonders for that game

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So we've got it semi-confirmed there's more than one ballot character. We all thought as much, but it's nice to have pseudo-confirmation.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm going to create a daily poll for Rare characters, what characters do you recommend?
I already did Banjo.
To be honest, I don't know if it really matters. It's going to boil down to "Banjo-Kazooie or bust" anyhow.
That's just me though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So we've got it semi-confirmed there's more than one ballot character. We all thought as much, but it's nice to have pseudo-confirmation.
there was a lot who believe that more slots or preballot not being done was true.

If this is real, wolf and snake.....yeah, to me, they are so much unlikely now.

But at the same time....

They didn't get a costume like KKR......

so....yeah.

backlot

Smash Journeyman
@ Tama Tama
You said the source claims Shovel Knight will be revealed within a couple months, and is a ballot choice, right?
That would line up perfectly for him to potentially be announced after the ballot ends on October 3rd.
If Shovel Knight really is already in development there's really no point in waiting until the ballot ends. It's not like a sudden influx of votes at the end of September is going to make them scrap all the work they've done on Shovel Knight so far.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
We survived Stage Hazardley. We can survive anything.
Sakurai could always do something completely screwy, like add the Giana Sisters, Super Putty or Ninjabread Man. :113:

Actually I wouldn't mind a complete curveball. Would be a nice change of pace from the predictable.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I dunno, why did all those leakers do things where they'd say a characters name or something and be like "I don't know who that is though" or describe a character and pretend they didn't know the name?

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm just saying it's weird for him to not know a character that was rumored and in multiple "leaks" when he's someone who is involved with people who talk about rumors and leaks for the game.
Isn't that different, though? People always do that within the context of actual leaks, saying "There's this character who looks like this who's going to be in," probably to make them sound more credible or something I'd guess. Saying "I don't know who this character is, I haven't heard anything about them" doesn't quite have the same impact nor does it really say anything.

You're not saying he's lying, but saying that it's weird for him to not know the character is sort of bringing that possibility to mind. If you don't believe he could not be aware of the character...well, he'd kind of have to be lying to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom