• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Shovel Knight's already getting heat in this thread, and it's still just a rumor at this point.

I'd hate to see the explosion that could occur if it actually ended up being true.....
Why wait? It's already exploding.

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight's already getting heat in this thread, and it's still just a rumor at this point.

I'd love to see the explosion that could occur if it actually ended up being true.....
FTFY
Now it's way more accurate ;^)

Strofirko

Smash Master
Wow this thread is bipolar,yesterday he was being bashed by everyone here,now his everyone senpai.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I'd hate to see the explosion that could occur if it actually ended up being true.....
It's better this way. Gives people a chance to get used to the idea.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Has anyone commented on the fact that Yacht Club Games retweeted this tweet from Nintendo?

Kind of reminds me of when Sakurai retweets a Direct. Are they trying to tell us something?

Tama

Smash Apprentice
@ Tama Tama : Just kind of curious, what things has your source gotten right in the past?
What the next Skylanders game was going to be, that there was going to be a PS4/Xbox One port of Zombi U, and that there was going to be a collector's edition of Fallout 4 with the pip boy.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Has anyone commented on the fact that Yacht Club Games retweeted this tweet from Nintendo?

Kind of reminds me of when Sakurai retweets a Direct. Are they trying to tell us something?
Definetly about the new amiibo.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Probably about the amiibo.

Now if Sakurai himself retweets it...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If Sakurai retweets it we may have something on our hands, but for now I'd remain skeptical of it having to do with Smash.

Still, considering that Nintendo is doing something for their Indie games, I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about Shovel Knight and whatever announcement they may have there.

All I know is that if Shovel Knight is getting an amiibo.

Then there's like no excuse for Shantae to not get one.

... But this means Beck from MN9 will definitely get one.
I'd love to see a Yooka-Laylee amiibo.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So GameXplains Ash just posted this over at Gaf

I wasn't going to post about this initially, but I guess it might be worth it now.

An anonymous source reached out to me on Twitter yesterday saying Shovel Knight is absolutely coming to Smash and that I can "quote them on it." Of course I don't believe anything like that sight unseen, and I let them know as much, but they proceeded to give me very, very specific details about Shovel Knight's supposed moveset and stage - too many details for them all to be lucky guesses.

Who knows if any of it is true, but they also said he's getting revealed at PAX... so at least I don't have to wait long to find out if they're full of it or not. I have reached out to them again in light of the amiibo getting leaked, but haven't heard back yet.

I'll keep you guys updated, for anything this little situation is worth.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Good lord I hope Shovel Knight gets in now seeing how you all react. Holy ****, calm down. lol I'd only get this mad if :rosalina: was in...oh wait.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The truth hurts, I guess.
What 'truth?'

What authority came down from the heavens and gave you this grand gift of distinction between characters and their worth?

Why are you trying so hard to be unhappy about all this?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
What the next Skylanders game was going to be, that there was going to be a PS4/Xbox One port of Zombi U, and that there was going to be a collector's edition of Fallout 4 with the pip boy.
Three things right so far O_O. Dang son. Thank you, I didn't know that.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai retweeting it would just be a big giveaway
I doubt they would reveal it there though
Sakurai would at least want something with more viewers than PAX

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only real case you can call something a nobody is if the third-party is extremely obscure like maybe Valkryie or Marina Lightyears. (I'm just pulling out names.)
I'm not talking about the context of Smash anymore.
All I'm saying is, of all the indie characters to call "nobodies", Shovel Knight and Shantae are some of the last you should think of.

Yacht Club Games has a link to that page on their official site, mate.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/08/plague-of-shadows-trailer-big-week/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Eh if we survived leaks involving Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Roy and Ryu etc.

We can probably live with Shovel Knight. (Assuming this rumor is fully true in the first place, that is....)

Last edited:

Chrono.

Everyone's waiting for a Shovel Knight confirmation

and I'm just here hoping we finally get a concrete release date on Freedom Planet

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What 'truth?'

What authority came down from the heavens and gave you this grand gift of distinction between characters and their worth?

Why are you trying so hard to be unhappy about all this?
An anvil fell on his head and crushed his positivity circuits, of course.

Duh.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Eh if we survived leaks involving Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Roy and Ryu etc.

We can probably live with Shovel Knight. (Assuming this rumor is fully true in the first place, that is....)
Roy and Ryu didn't get this much heat when they were leaked. The extent of the negativity towards Ryu was "He sounds boring!", and Roy's was "Why?".

I'm not saying this is Armageddon or anything, it's just got the potential to cause a lot of rage here.

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
and the plot thickens...

I suppose now's a good time to decide on what flavor or popcorn to get for the occasion.

white cheddar or kettle corn? :113:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom