• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wouldn't mind a Shantae DLC costume. It'd finally give me an excuse to use the Miis I have lying around.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nintendo twitter has just annonced Sonic DLC in Mario Kart 8!
HYPE!!!

jk :troll:
again :troll:
dont hurt me again
Seriously, this is not cool. This thread moves fast and many of us see announcements here for the first time.

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Nintendo twitter has just annonced Sonic DLC in Mario Kart 8!
HYPE!!!

jk :troll:
again :troll:
dont hurt me again
>2015
>Smash Bros livestream
>Fire Slash starts
>Hype is imminent
>8-Bit scenery is shown
>Camera pans to a shovel, quickly switches to a box
>Box shakes, opens, reveals a shadowy figure
>"Kept you waitin' huh?"
>The crowd goes wild, Konami have a meltdown, Kojima and Sakurai bathe in money
>Kojima hired by Nintendo
>2016
>E3 conference
>Nintendo has a surprise announcement
>Space scenery
>Spaceship lands on unknown planet, a silhouette comes out, camera fades to black
>"Metroid: A Hideo Kojima game"

I want this to be real so bad!!! Go and cries in corner.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, I guess I should ask this, where exactly does this "announcement" take place? I should know what to look for when the time comes.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, I guess I should ask this, where exactly does this "announcement" take place? I should know what to look for when the time comes.
There's apparently some kind of event tonight? Can someone correct me?

Edit: Right above me

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I played Shovel Knight.
It's one of my favorite games launches lately, because the nostalgia factor.
Still... I really don't think they should be playable in Smash Bros.
If the Amiibo leak is true (I keep my doubt), I think it will be used in other game or to unlock other things in Smash Bros.

I'm not saying is not gonna happen, because we live in a world where Wii Fit Trainer and R.O.B already are playable.
So... If Sakurai think it would be nice, nothing more would matter.
But I'm saying I personally I'm off the "hype train" for him.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'll repost what I said earlier:
This might not mean anything, but it looks like Yacht Club Games is hosting a livestream this Thursday at 8PM PST according to the official website.
People speculate the "megaton" thing they've been promising could be announced there which of course could be him in Super Smash Bros. Now I wouldn't get hyped for the stream, but I would keep my eye on it. It could still be interesting without the reveal (if there is one).

D

Deleted member

I think the Street Fighter V graphics look a little too realistic, it's lacking a bit of charm and uniqueness with this somewhat generic look.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
When the dlc is released it probably won't sell too well unfortunately.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think the Street Fighter V graphics look a little too realistic, it's lacking a bit of charm and uniqueness with this somewhat generic look.
I see where you're coming from, but I heard a few fans were turned off by the relatively over-the-top style of SFIV.

I love it personally, but I get that it isn't to everybody's taste.

I trust the characters will be as kooky and fun as ever.

I mean, damn, Birdie...~

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well people were complaining on the looks of SF4 so they went with the realistic look to keep the complaints down but it's almost worst

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just kind of a curious question. Has anyone looked through the code of the Smash Bros. website yet? Maybe we'll find something there?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just kind of a curious question. Has anyone looked through the code of the Smash Bros. website yet? Maybe we'll find something there?
Yeah I just looked through it and found out something MAJOR about who our next character will be:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Considering how long it takes for them to add characters after they're confirmed, I don't think we'll find anything.
Unless it's something like...
<meta name="keywords" content="Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" SHOVEL KNIGHT CONFIRMED/>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see where you're coming from, but I heard a few fans were turned off by the relatively over-the-top style of SFIV.

I love it personally, but I get that it isn't to everybody's taste.

I trust the characters will be as kooky and fun as ever.

I mean, damn, Birdie...~
The issue with SFIV's style was that, although it's fine, they went overboard trying to make it zany or funny looking like with the eyeballs popping out and such. I have a bit of criticism for SFIV's art style as well.

What I'm wanting is a somewhat serious style, but not like overly realistic. I want primary colors and I want a more animated type look but without going the goofy or blocky face route that SFIV did. Stuff like Alpha series, 3rd strike, MvC2, but in 3D.

I feel those games are much more fun to play just from an artstyle perspective alone, whereas I play MvC3 and it feels overly shaded and overly realistic and lacking color which I tend to really like in games. I also find when there is a more colorful palette, it's easier to discern attacks and defend accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom