• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I will keep you guys up to date as best I can. This is a very unique situation. The main source for this stuff still maintains that there is Shovel Knight Smash DLC. Myself? I have no idea what's up. I have faith in my source, but again, it is all rumour for now. What a bizarre week this has been!
Tell me about it! It's been up n' down n' all-round.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It means Nintendo didn't make the amiibo which could mean a lot of things.
Well our good old pal Tamaki claims this isn't the "final" version of the amiibo.
Though at this point I think anyone with a braincell doesn't trust him.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well our good old pal Tamaki claims this isn't the "final" version of the amiibo.
Though at this point I think anyone with a braincell doesn't trust him.
What?

He's definitely known something because there IS a Shovel Knight Amiibo. At this point either he had misinformation, or he was 100% correct.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah but Smash characters always get an amiibo based on their own character art, why would they switch that around now?
There's something I couldn't tell you.

Then again, you don't necessarily need a Smash Line amiibo for that; the Mario line of Amiibo with the exception of Toad work exactly like Smash line amiibo, granting you the character at the expense of overwriting any previous data on the amiibo. Maybe it could be something like that. Yarn Yoshi and 8 bit Mario work the same way.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I just find it funny that when something that is unexpected is leaked, people will be salty. When something unexpected is officially announced, it's hype and less salty.
I dunno, I feel like the salt will still be huge for something like this. I personally, if this is legit, am going to have SK be the first DLC I don't buy for this game just on principle. One of the least notable indies getting in over still to be added first party all-stars like K. Rool, Dixie, Wolf, and Isaac? Hell or even more notable third parties like Rayman or Snake or even ****ing Frogger.

The decision if legit baffles and angers me in so many ways and I'm glad if nothing else I can choose to not monetarily support awful decisions such as this whole SK fiasco if true.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yes, well...clearly they have something bigger planned. ;)
Shovel Knight costume in Splatoon!?

:troll:

That's a shout though. Would certainly be the biggest exclusive content regarding him if he got into Smash.

backlot

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday: Shovel Knight isn't coming to Smash because the amiibo was fake
Today: Shovel Knight isn't coming to Smash because the amiibo was real

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember this

Licensed =/= Published

At most while it might not seem final, the SK amiibo isn't a Nintendo made amiibo. Nintendo have been licensing games and even accessories for YEARS where they had zero part in. It's mostly for that Seal of Quality.

It's been like this for years, Sega has done and Sony and Microsoft still does it as well

backlot

Smash Journeyman
Remember this

Licensed =/= Published

At most while it might not seem final, the SK amiibo isn't a Nintendo made amiibo. Nintendo have been licensing games and even accessories for YEARS where they had zero part in. It's mostly for that Seal of Quality.

It's been like this for years, Sega has done and Sony and Microsoft still does it as well
Can you explain why people keep bringing this up? Why does this distinction matter? What are people trying to extrapolate from this?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You know that spiritual successor for Castlevania that was kickstarted? Why not give them an amiibo in the indie line as well, unless the game is being published by a big name. I believe its called Bloodstained.

If they used this pose she'd go well with a Layton and Edgeworth one if they had amiibos.

Damn now I want an Ace Attorney amiibo line....

Why do I keep giving mysel ideas that aren't likely to happen :(

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
'Ey mates, I heard we're talking about Butt Butt amiibos. :drshrug:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Can you explain why people keep bringing this up? Why does this distinction matter? What are people trying to extrapolate from this?
Because people are saying that Nintendo made the amiibo and we don't know if they did or that Yatch Club made it themselves with small funding by Nintendo for licensing and compatibility for some games

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This doesn't really mean anything, but a certain notification showed up on someone's Wii U Menu.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps Nintendo wants to really push shovel knight in Japan. They could maybe Localise it for yacht club and it would be a Nintendo exclusive.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
This doesn't really mean anything, but a certain notification showed up on someone's Wii U Menu.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Remember those "tweets" Nintendo of America made about the June DLC two days ago?

Well, uh, this seems to line up pretty nicely...

Last edited:

backlot

Smash Journeyman
Because people are saying that Nintendo made the amiibo and we don't know if they did or that Yatch Club made it themselves with small funding by Nintendo for licensing and compatibility for some games
And again, so what? Why does that matter?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I figure now is as good of a time as ever for a quick plug.

If you do not own Shovel Knight, do yourself a favor and get it.

The game is among my favorite titles in recent history, and has some of the greatest music I've heard in the 8-bit style. Composer Jake Kaufman's also behind soundtracks for the Shantae series, and the DuckTales Remastered arrangements. The game itself is a love letter to NES games, bringing back memories of Mega Man, Castlevania, Zelda II, DuckTales and even a bit of Metroid. It takes the best of those games, brings them together with godlike music, and amps up the challenge.

It's on Wii U, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4, whatever console you have. It's coming out with a physical release soon. Free expansions with new stories and levels designed around different characters.

It may be a new franchise, but it's earned it's place as a famous indie game. Just do it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm gonna' call it right now. Nintendo is going to say they have a new character livestream, people expect it to be Shovel Knight and Nintendo pulls a Shulk. Then everyone gets blown the **** out.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
It stills helps push the game on Nintendo hardware. Not saying their isn't more, but there doesn't HAVE to be
I agree with that. But I realistically, I doubt the amiibo is being made just for shovel knight. Imo, outside of smash usage either YCG now has a contract to make nintendo-only games (or cross-platform games with Nintendo only content) or nintendo is becoming a partial owner, perhaps even making YCG 2nd party. I think it's the former.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Japan still hasn't gotten a release date for Shovel Knight even though we know it's happening at some point... wonder if this Amiibo is going to be announced to coincide with Japanese release date? (if it's real which I'm still pretty sure this one is fake also, but IF it's real, that'd be the only thing that makes sense)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I agree with that. But I realistically, I doubt the amiibo is being made just for shovel knight. Imo, outside of smash usage either YCG now has a contract to make nintendo-only games (or cross-platform games with Nintendo only content) or nintendo is becoming a partial owner, perhaps even making YCG 2nd party. I think it's the former.
You seem to forget Kratos and the Battletoads being a thing.
I doubt an amiibo means anything involving exclusivity to Nintendo from now on.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Is it me or am I getting flashbacks of the Smash update announced for July 31st. Maybe its because of a certain amount of users in said thread.
upload_2015-8-27_13-35-8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom