• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Good lord I hope Shovel Knight gets in now seeing how you all react. Holy ****, calm down. lol I'd only get this mad if :rosalina: was in...oh wait.
I don't see why people would get mad.
I really don't have an opinion on Shovel Knight because I haven't played the game.
He's not on my want list but if he does get in, and he is fun to play as. Well I won't complain.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What 'truth?'

What authority came down from the heavens and gave you this grand gift of distinction between characters and their worth?

Why are you trying so hard to be unhappy about all this?
I'm not even the person who called him a nobody, but yeah, compared with the 3rd Party standards in the game so far, Shovel Knight is absolutely a "nobody", and I defy you to provide me with any evidence that would point to the contrary.

I don't even care that much. Yeah, I'd be disappointed if out of all the potential characters they picked Shovel Knight. But "angry" is absolutely not what I am right now. I'm just having a little fun with the whole situation. Hell I pre-ordered Shovel Knight on the Wii U a couple days ago.

Hey, at least Shovel Knight is more creative than Dixie Kong.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A shovel killed my father.

Like, on its own.
So when you see Shovel Knight you just think "how could someone team up with that madman?!" [the shovel]

So GameXplains Ash just posted this over at Gaf
Eh, I'm not sure about this.
If he's in, I don't think he'd be revealed at PAX.
Also, giving moveset ideas doesn't mean anything, Shovel Knight's moveset practically writes itself.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Roy and Ryu didn't get this much heat when they were leaked.

I'm not saying this is Armageddon or anything, it's just got the potential to cause a lot of rage here.
Hmm, I suppose so, I've still seen quite a bit of salt in regards to them though (Especially Roy). But I suppose this may be a bigger deal since it involves a "nobody third party character" and all....

I do wonder how Japan would react to this though. From what I've heard, they apparently weren't too happy with Little Mac initially. Imagine someone like Shovel Knight.....

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sakurai retweeting it would just be a big giveaway
I doubt they would reveal it there though
Sakurai would at least want something with more viewers than PAX
He retweeted the Japanese Direct, which was exclusive to one specific region of an audience, so I don't think he minds that much. Either way, him retweeting the Nintendo announcement wouldn't give away anything as it doesn't tell us if we're getting a specific character, it just tells us we may get something Smash related, that's all.

So GameXplains Ash just posted this over at Gaf
While I definitely can see Shovel Knight being playable at this point (though I'm mostly on the fence), someone giving a very detailed moveset is not proof of their legitimacy. The thing with rumors like these is that people can be very creative with their 'leaks' and we've had cases where we were given very specific details on a character that ended up being completely wrong. It could be true, but that particular information is not necessarily indicative of them being right.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hmm, I suppose so, I've still seen quite a bit of salt in regards to them though (Especially Roy). But I suppose this may be a bigger deal since it involves a "nobody third party character" and all....

I do wonder how Japan would react to this though. From what I've heard, they apparently weren't too happy with Little Mac initially. Imagine someone like Shovel Knight.....
You did say initially.

There's nothing stopping SK from being liked by the Japanese later.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
This week is crazy. I wonder who Ash's source for that is. Hopefully, it's not just a random anon and someone reliable who he's used before. I trust his word that it is someone reputable enough, otherwise it probably wouldn't have been worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Is it bad that I believe the leak more after finding out the GameXplain crew thought it was fake?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What the next Skylanders game was going to be, that there was going to be a PS4/Xbox One port of Zombi U, and that there was going to be a collector's edition of Fallout 4 with the pip boy.
Also, didn't you leak the new Sonic Boom game?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Roy and Ryu didn't get this much heat when they were leaked. The extent of the negativity towards Ryu was "He sounds boring!", and Roy's was "Why?".

I'm not saying this is Armageddon or anything, it's just got the potential to cause a lot of rage here.
See, this is where you are wrong, Burb. Shovel Knight getting into Smash is absolutely the Armageddon.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This week is crazy. I wonder who Ash's source for that is. Hopefully, it's not just a random anon and someone reliable who he's used before. I trust his word that it is someone reputable enough, otherwise it probably wouldn't have been worth mentioning.
Maybe you and the mods could Skype with Ash Paulsen to see if all the information lines up?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Has anyone commented on the fact that Yacht Club Games retweeted this tweet from Nintendo?

Kind of reminds me of when Sakurai retweets a Direct. Are they trying to tell us something?
If the other Nindie devs have retweeted this I really wouldn't read to much into this, its just them telling the fans what time the events start that's it.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I'm not even the person who called him a nobody, but yeah, compared with the 3rd Party standards in the game so far, Shovel Knight is absolutely a "nobody", and I defy you to provide me with any evidence that would point to the contrary.

I don't even care that much. Yeah, I'd be disappointed if out of all the potential characters they picked Shovel Knight. But "angry" is absolutely not what I am right now. I'm just having a little fun with the whole situation. Hell I pre-ordered Shovel Knight on the Wii U a couple days ago.

I always feel bad because I always attack the characters you want... :(

backlot

Smash Journeyman
The post says its a random, anonymous source of the type that he usually ignores. I wouldn't put much weight in it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Tama Tama

I do want to clarify something.

You said a lot of things involving Smash.

Which things were things from your source and which were speculation?

I imagine the Snake and K.Rool comments were speculation right?

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Something to remember: the rumours claim that Shovel Knight being in Smash is something that will be revealed within the next month or two; not necessarily tonight. It looks like the amiibo for Shovel Knight could be revealed tonight, but not necessarily everything at once.

Another thing to add that I have learned today is that they claim it is one of the ballot-voted characters. I don't think I mentioned that in my video.

Again, I am just reporting on these claims. They are not my own. I am just a messenger, please don't shoot me!

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So when you see Shovel Knight you just think "how could someone team up with that madman?!" [the shovel]

Eh, I'm not sure about this.
If he's in, I don't think he'd be revealed at PAX.
Also, giving moveset ideas doesn't mean anything, Shovel Knight's moveset practically writes itself.
Well he's an American character that's not out in Japan, it would make sense if he were to be revealed at an American gaming expo. Granted E3 is way bigger, but they could have just not had enough stuff to announce him there? Also we're still waiting on a Japanese release date for Shovel Knight, so I mean... who knows. This is basically the last big American "announce your stuff" event before the fall right? This is probably the last chance they'd have to announce him besides TGS; but again.. American character with no Japanese release date yet.

Honestly I doubt he'll be in, but now's as good a time as any to reveal him if he's coming out anytime soon.

Last edited:

backlot

Smash Journeyman
If they only announce the amiibo tonight, the three months before it launches would be plenty of time to announce that its actually part of the Smash line. My only question is why would they do it this way? It's totally backward from how they normally do things and I don't see why they would want to do it this way. I guess we'll see what happens tonight though.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Something to remember: the rumours claim that Shovel Knight being in Smash is something that will be revealed within the next month or two; not necessarily tonight. It looks like the amiibo for Shovel Knight could be revealed tonight, but not necessarily everything at once.

Another thing to add that I have learned today is that they claim it is one of the ballot-voted characters. I don't think I mentioned that in my video.

Again, I am just reporting on these claims. They are not my own. I am just a messenger, please don't shoot me!
*Inks you with Splattershot*

You better find more info about them awesome Metroid games we'll never see again. :c

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here I am, preparing my popcorn for the eventual reveal. :smirk:

But really, if Shovel Knight makes it in, I'll be okay with it. I believe I already stated my viewpoint on fictional characters last night.

Still waiting for and wanting Wolf to return, but I'm not going to hold grudges towards other characters and their respective fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom