• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
It is. You do extra damage if you do the haduken input, same with his other specials. It's in the move tips, @PushDustIn has ripped the text and has it all translated. @ DMurr DMurr and myself helped put the article together, we're trying to publish it now.
Move tips?

EDIT: Nvm, just saw that you're publishing it. Sweet.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
@Khoru

I agree that MGS is an eccentric series with plenty of comedy and quirks. The series is probably so popular in part of the fact that it's so unique. You won't find a series that can carry as many heavy elements and moments as it does, but convincingly fit in the comic relief it does: Otacon going geek over anime not long after Gray Fox kills a bunch of people, the transmitter in MGS3, Ocelot juggling revolvers, the diarrhea running gag in MGS4, pretty much all the absurdity in Rising, etc.

But I don't really believe that makes it fit with Smash's general genre types. Do I particularly care? Not really. Snake is a great character in-and-out of the Smash series and I'd absolutely love his presence in this game. I just question if Sakurai views Snake as a character that so easily fits with this franchise or its demographic, and if that was part of his motivation for passing Snake up.

Now, does MGS fit better than a straight military series? Yes. By a hundred miles. I actually think that MGS is, in its own way, what would happen if Nintendo decided to make a "Mature" M-rated game. It's signed off on other very quirky series with plenty of objectional content (NMH, Bayonetta.)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Lucas looks so good

So happy right now

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Roy looks solid too. I'm with @ Burb Burb and feel way better about his inclusion now that he's Luigi-fied more.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What if this whole thing just ended up being a really elaborate fake?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So it's settled. I'm maining the crap out of Ryu.

Roy too.

And Lucas.

... I see a dilemma here.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:
Ignoring female Robin, I like that Lucina's the only one of the FE characters with their head pointing right.

I have to say, I'm impressed that Roy's animations are so unique, even if a lot of the moves are functionally the same as they were before. Makes me all the more excited about a possible return for this guy:
:pichumelee:

Seriously, to the point where I'm not sure I want Squirtle back the most anymore.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So it's settled. I'm maining the crap out of Ryu.

Roy too.

And Lucas.

... I see a dilemma here.

I'm putting Ryu in the Mac/Robin rotation.

Lucas is cool and Roy is okay but Ryu is gonna take me to the top

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
What if this whole thing just ended up being a really elaborate fake?
Sakurai broadcasts himself, laughs, and says

"You never considered that I can make fake leaks too!"

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Now with these new emoticons, I can finally express my excitement :4feroy:ght now...

I'm :4ryu:lly feeling it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ryu looks so good.

Roy being Luigifed makes me giddy with glee.

And Lucas is just a plum cutie patootie who kicks booty.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm so excited for Roy and Ryu at this point that it's going to be a huge letdown if they make the arbitrary decision to not release them with Lucas. Not that I'm anticipating that happening for any reason except my own pessimism and the fact that, now that I'm excited for these characters, I'll be forced to wait for them. :p

D

Deleted member

I'm so excited for Roy and Ryu at this point that it's going to be a huge letdown if they make the arbitrary decision to not release them with Lucas. Not that I'm anticipating that happening for any reason except my own pessimism and the fact that, now that I'm excited for these characters, I'll be forced to wait for them. :p
look at us who have already changed our mains icons lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just too happy...

:4feroy::4ryu: both look amazing.

:4lucas:looks good too.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It is. You do extra damage if you do the haduken input, same with his other specials. It's in the move tips, @PushDustIn has ripped the text and has it all translated. @ DMurr DMurr and myself helped put the article together, we're trying to publish it now.
I've never had such a formatting nightmare in my life.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If they decloned Roy a bit then they should bring back Young Link with some new tools.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Lucas was one of my mains in Brawl, Roy was one of my mains in Melee, and Ryu looks like he'll be one of my mains in Smash 4.

Tomorrow is going to be beautiful.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
If they decloned Roy a bit then they should bring back Young Link with some new tools.
I don't see any reason to believe that Toon Link and Young Link aren't the same entity in concept.

I want an updated Ivysaur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom