• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Ryu... he done brought his SF tech with him? Well now I KNOW I can't pick him up. But I look forward to getting my arse beat by him. This is amazing stuff. He's definitely unique.
The real question is, how the heck are competitive players going to be able to main him? Won't the button combos take too long?

Better question: why does Fire Emblem now have the same number of characters in the game as Zelda? Seriously, the time for a Zelda newcomer is now...

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just for the record I don't expect Young Link to come back. And I don't think he should unless every other Nintendo veteran is back first. But for the complete Smash experience, I'd like him back eventually. Decloned or not.

I'd rank the vets in order of how much I think they should come back as:

:popo:
:wolf:
:ivysaur:
:squirtle:
:pichumelee:
:younglinkmelee:
:snake:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
The real question is, how the heck are competitive players going to be able to main him? Won't the button combos take too long?

Better question: why does Fire Emblem now have the same number of characters in the game as Zelda? Seriously, the time for a Zelda newcomer is now...
Nah. Competitive players are on a higher level. They'll be able to input those commands quick enough for tourney play. We poor plebeians cannot hope to understand. :p

Now I don't like counting "reps" but Zelda could use another rep. Young Link, Impa or Pig Ganon from the Downfall timeline are my best bets. Or Tetra. Pretty much just look at Hyrule Warriors, Sakurai.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'd rank vets like this, in terms of likehood:

:wolf:
:ivysaur:
:squirtle:
:pichumelee:
:popo:
:younglinkmelee:
:snake:

Squirtle/Ivysaur starting to look more likely every day

mfw if Anvil was right all along about them

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Honestly, I don't understand why we are all still supporting Pichu. He never got cut....

If anything, we should be supporting Pikachu.

Zynux

Smash Lord
No Ken alternate costume, Chun-li assist trophy, or Guile's Theme. Maybe I was expecting too much, but it seems so obvious.

Either way, while I'm overall indifferent to these characters they are looking solid overall.

Also obligatory @ChronoBound tagging. Congrats on getting your boy back.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that:
>No DLC character has customs
>Ryu has two Final Smashes

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I get hyped over any new character. I don't consider Roy a new character lol ;) I'm definitely happy that they changed him a little though. But Ryu I'm hyped over. I don't think I'll play as him, though. He looks complicated. But who knows. It just makes me happy having more choices! :D

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Hey guys. @Spazzy_D mentioned it before, but here's the link to the article him, myself and @PushDustIn worked on with the data rips:

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/06/13/e3-update-pre-patch-notes/

Also thanks to @Tr1pleDee for your gifs of the victory videos. I used them without prior permission though, so if you're not cool with it, I'll take them down.

It took a lot of work!! So I'm glad that I'm finally posting it.
:4ryu:Ryu visits from the Street Fighter series!
Ryu confirmed to be cut next game. JK
:4feroy:Roy, the main character of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, returns for the first time since Melee!
Returns is very true seeing how he had a lack of even a trophy last game.

:4lucas:The younger of the twin brothers from Nowhere makes his triumphant return to the game of Smash.
It is triumphant indeed :')
Seriously it's great, he has a brawl model and a new model in this game.
I get the best of both worlds in a way. :'P

Anyway I just want to say you guys keep up the great work. I absolutely adore your website and always look forward to your new stuff.
:ness: Stay awesome =3

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I can guarantee you no one is gonna know how to use Ryu for a while except for people who have actually played SF lol.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ryu's moves are burned into my muscle memory. First thing I do in every fighting game is try them out, since so many of them rip off the inputs. When I'm old and senile, I'll still be able to Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

I'm ready to **** **** up.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Anyway I just want to say you guys keep up the great work. I absolutely adore your website and always look forward to your new stuff.
:ness: Stay awesome =3
Thanks, Doodle! This is only the second post I've been a part of so far, but I'm sure the other authors appreciate your kind words as well.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No Ken alternate costume, Chun-li assist trophy, or Guile's Theme. Maybe I was expecting too much, but it seems so obvious.

Either way, while I'm overall indifferent to these characters they are looking solid overall.

Also obligatory @ChronoBound tagging. Congrats on getting your boy back.
I think it's silly that anyone was expecting a Ken alt when Ms Pac-Man, Protoman and whatever Sonic character people thought would make a good alt weren't included. The only alt that still exists is Alph, and odds are that he'd be separate if Sakurai had time he wouldn't be an alt either.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

For people like me who have been playing fighting games since they were like 9 years old, these inputs are second nature and come out super fast, so it wouldn't even make a difference to people that are used to fighting games.

Edit: In fact, this means Sakurai gave a sizable advantage to fighting game veterans with this tech; because that means we'll be able to output more damage faster than people that aren't used to SF inputs. BEWARE.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can guarantee you no one is gonna know how to use Ryu for a while except for people who have actually played SF lol.
Or anyone who's played MVC.

The concept of the SF motions doing things to his moves intrigues me.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They'll probably just use him in the basic Smash way without the inputs from Street Fighter.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ryu's moves are burned into my muscle memory. First thing I do in every fighting game is try them out, since so many of them rip off the inputs. When I'm old and senile, I'll still be able to Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

MUSCLE MEMORY GIRL.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I think it's silly that anyone was expecting a Ken alt when Ms Pac-Man, Protoman and whatever Sonic character people thought would make a good alt weren't included. The only alt that still exists is Alph, and odds are that he'd be separate if Sakurai had time he wouldn't be an alt either.
Fair enough, but I guess that's a criticism to Smash 4 as a whole. A lot of supposedly obvious choices for alternate costumes got snubbed.

I'm more baffled by the lack of Chun-li. She's nowhere to be found.

It's going to be interesting to see how different playing Ryu is Smash's environment will be in comparison to the more restrictive 2D Fighter environment.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Or anyone who's played MVC.

The concept of the SF motions doing things to his moves intrigues me.
Or... anyone who has played any fighting games besides Tekken/Virtua Fighter/Soul Calibur because all of the other fighting games use these inputs (even Mortal Kombat uses SF inputs now)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Lucas has barely any lag on PK fire

Grab is much faster

hnggh

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wait, people think any series other then Donkey Kong and Metroid need more reps? Or F-Zero?
Honestly at this point, I think Metroid and F-Zero doesn't exactly need (emphasis on the word need) a new rep. DK on the other hand should get a 3rd character IMO

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wait, people think any series other then Donkey Kong and Metroid need more reps? Or F-Zero?
Mario, Pokemon, Star Fox, DK and Zelda. Metroid is sort of complete with Samus (and 2nd Samus). Unless they want to add Ridley, there's no one else to add unless you're just adding a character so Metroid has another character.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
DK I'll give you.

Metroid is well..mostly Samus. Samus is really ultimately all you need to rep it, Ridley would be nice however

F-Zero is lucky to even have Captain Falcon considering it's a racing game.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I actually don't think F-Zero really warrants more reps right now. The series has been dead for quite a while and Captain Falcon has become more known for Smash than F-Zero itself.

I think we need a new F-Zero before a newcomer should be considered.

DK I'll give you.

Metroid is well..mostly Samus. Samus is really ultimately all you need to rep it, Ridley would be nice however

F-Zero is lucky to even have Captain Falcon considering it's a racing game.
Metroid's non-Ridley options are Samus in a different set of armor, one of two evil Samuses, nobodies from Hunters, or characters from Other M who a huge chunk of the Metroid fanbase would hate to see.

It's definitely not hard to imagine why we just got two Samuses. Sakurai said "no" to Ridley, and the other options aren't all that great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My street fighter knowledge and past experience tells me my body is ready, and more currently MKX mileena has got me good at doing a lot of quick joystick movements

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
You forgot-

ZA KING OF FITAS! :awesome:
I didn't forget it? I said "any fighting game besides-" How is KoF not included in "any fighting game"? lol

Also I actually like KoF a bit more than Street Fighter so I'd never forget it. :p

But MAHVEL is my favorite.

Soul.

I don't know how will they make the Ice Climbers work when there's this... certain handheld, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom