• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just came home and signed up on the tournament, made sure to make a new tag otherwise no one will recognize me during the tournament.
Also, on the 3DS option for the Wii U version, it now says you can use a 3DS as a controller even if you don't have the game, this is probably already in the patch changes thread though

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wow, I get that some don't take that Mii costume as a complete deconfirmation but I'm surprised to see multiple people list K. Rool as the most likely character still.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also, on the 3DS option for the Wii U version, it now says you can use a 3DS as a controller even if you don't have the game, this is probably already in the patch changes thread though
I believe that happened last patch, because I remember seeing that a while back.

D

Deleted member

I believe that happened last patch, because I remember seeing that a while back.
Well, now I'm even more surprised that I haven't seen this reported, then again, who uses the 3DS as a controller in the Wii U ver

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
i remember when i backed 60ish dollars to Mighty No 9 and thought this was gonna be great

(:

(:

(:

(:

(:

):

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder...

Maybe behavior like this is why Capcom canceled those Mega Man games...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wonder...

Keiji has literally been terrible for years. He keeps announcing games that never get made. No wonder Capcom got rid of him. Literally the last good thing he did was Dead Rising nearly a decade ago.

I'm still pissed off that I let myself look forward to that King of Penguins game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey guys, boring day, so let's make a top 10, no bias, most likely (newcomer or not) characters from the ballot list based on what you've seen.

1. K. Rool or Wolf (i didn't make wolf a seperate one because i doubt he's not already in dev)
  2. Isaac
  3. Paper Mario
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Dixie
  6. Captain Toad
  7. Krystal
That.s..all I can think of, actually.
..I will be called biased for that, but I at least explained why, but....

1: Paper Mario
2: kkr (my essay is why i put him second, if you disagree and think the costume changes not much, put him first :) )
3: wolf (higher than I normally put, but the 3-4 slots possibilities does help, the no preballot still doesn't).
4: isaac
5: bandanna dee
6: inklings (mostly because they need times before)

after it gets into really not accurate:

7: krysstal
8: captain toad
9: snake
10: rayman (I really tried ont hat one)

tbh, I only talk about the first 4 because I feel they are the one that have very decent chances at the very least.

I do get why the slots are limited, there's just isn;t much to add in my book :)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I wonder...

Inafune is also responsible for having capcom have their games be worked by western studios

People like to **** on Capcom alot, but in truth Inafune had much do with how capcom is now

Chrono.

Well this recent delay thing seems to be an error on retailers end.

There's still hope.

Kind of

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I've been thinking about where we go from here content wise for Smash. I've actually got a couple ideas regarding potential conten in the next update:
- Mii Fighter costumes will most likely be in the next patch as they have always been. I'd say on average, we'll probably get 8 to 9 of them again.
- I'm thinking we'll probably get at least two N64 stages at minimum as that seems to be the trend. Maybe more stages, but who knows for sure.
- Now in terms of fighters, I think we might get two in the next patch as there are two slots left in the games code. I do believe however that these will probably be pre-ballot characters that Sakurai himself planned as DLC and maybe the rest of the fighters down the line will be the ballot suggestions.

Most of this is based off of past patches that have happened and may not really be that accurate. I do highly believe though the six slots (already occupied by Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu) were/are for Pre-Ballot characters while the rest will be the fan suggestions. What do you guys think :)?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Wow, I get that some don't take that Mii costume as a complete deconfirmation but I'm surprised to see multiple people list K. Rool as the most likely character still.
It depends on preference really.
I still think he has a fighting chance. And even if more people think he's out I will still support him.
The only reason I let my other big support being the Ice Climbers go down was because Gravity itself had to be removed. After that I sort of got the fact there was no chance this Game.
My Big three right now are still K Rool, Isaac and my Tertiary Wolf.
I have a few others I support like Bandana/ Waddle Dee and Dixie.
But Right now I just want to see Wolf return the most.
I really do feel he is in a really bad position if he doesn't have the ballot support going for him.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, now I'm even more surprised that I haven't seen this reported, then again, who uses the 3DS as a controller in the Wii U ver
Well, I've admittedly found it useful for larger Smash gatherings where we were otherwise short on controllers. I'd rather do 3DS over any form of Wiimote.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about where we go from here content wise for Smash. I've actually got a couple ideas regarding potential conten in the next update:
- Mii Fighter costumes will most likely be in the next patch as they have always been. I'd say on average, we'll probably get 8 to 9 of them again.
- I'm thinking we'll probably get at least two N64 stages at minimum as that seems to be the trend. Maybe more stages, but who knows for sure.
- Now in terms of fighters, I think we might get two in the next patch as there are two slots left in the games code. I do believe however that these will probably be pre-ballot characters that Sakurai himself planned as DLC and maybe the rest of the fighters down the line will be the ballot suggestions.

Most of this is based off of past patches that have happened and may not really be that accurate. I do highly believe though the six slots (already occupied by Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu) were/are for Pre-Ballot characters while the rest will be the fan suggestions. What do you guys think :)?
I definitely think we'll see the trend of Mii Fighter costumes continue until the very end. They're likely making a fortune off of them at £1+ a pop.

I did think pre-ballot was possibly not over but the K. Rool costume has wavered that. I don't think the ballot really means that much in the end though. If K. Rool can't get in as a proper character considering his popularity and despite no real obstacles in his way (aside from modern relevance) then I don't think the ballot means that much in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I kinda hope we get one or two Melee and Brawl stages soon too. I would like to see Fourside back after listening to its song again (I suppose Fountain of Dreams too since that seems to be a pretty popular stage) as well as Pirate Ship from Brawl would be great.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In regards to my previous post.
How do you guys feel on Wolf.
Do you think he is being made as part of those six slots.
Or do you think he has after Ballot results to go on.
I am very iffy because of preballot likely being done.

I do feel that the bundle theory helps him, but preballot being done hurts him still.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
In regards to my previous post.
How do you guys feel on Wolf.
Do you think he is being made as part of those six slots.
Or do you think he has after Ballot results to go on.
If pre-ballot is over, I believe his chance of a comeback are over as well.

He's no doubt gonna do well in the ballot, but I think the ballot characters will only be newcomers. Not to mention the way the New Content stream talked about Roy and Lucas.

@ Burb Burb eshop Japanese text for K Rool costume,etc is the same as the Tweets.
@Aeris translated them here
Basically "you'll feel like", not "be".
I didn't mean the eShop or the tweets.

I meant this. The top screen.

There's a new ad for DLC Wave 3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm having too much fun with these costumes.
I was going to make Sakurai wear the K.Rool kostume, but it seems I don't have his Mii saved, so I made King K. Bill.
Good thing Nintendo decided to distribute the Mii samples, now I have an use for the Proto Man and Dunban outfits.
And I am cosplaying as the flying man but I have a beard for some reason, who edited my mii!?!?
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg

I'm having too much fun with these costumes.
I was going to make Sakurai wear the K.Rool kostume, but it seems I don't have his Mii saved, so I made King K. Bill.
Good thing Nintendo decided to distribute the Mii samples, now I have an use for the Proto Man and Dunban outfits.
And I am cosplaying as the flying man but I have a beard for some reason, who edited my mii!?!?
View attachment 65166
I see you Wonder Red. You can't hide.

plz stop hiding and fight

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I didn't mean the eShop or the tweets.

I meant this. The top screen.

There's a new ad for DLC Wave 3.
Here's what it says:
New stages and costumes are available:
Lloyd, King K. Rool, Chrom and more now on sale!

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
If the latter part about "seeing what they fear" was directed towards me, I always go for what's realistic. What I want is completely disregarded.

I don't really "fear" K. Rool or the Inklings not making it. I wanted K. Rool, but my expectations for him have been low since before the roster was even known. The only time I thought he had an actual shot was through the ballot. Inklings, I've never cared about (I actually think they're kinda ugly).
It wasn't directed towards you. Just a general statement. A lot of people just seem lean towards one or the other and sometimes I think fewer and fewer people take the less biased middle ground.

Now, you can be overly harsh and sometimes look too deep into comments, but I find you to be one of the more reasonable people on the board.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't see any more pre-ballot characters unless they release in October and there'd need to be some hype for them like a Direct or something.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
In my opinion Inklings,K rool, and Wolf changes are all shot.I say wolf is the liker of the 3 but i feel even that's stretching it.And lately the k rool bias has been strong.Many of us(not many here but around the boards) said that inkling were deconfirmed due to costumes so i really dont understand why k rool is such a special case.He's a costume i think it's time for us to get over it and move on.Literally the last few days has been nothing but "K rool isn't deconfirmed for smash" "He can use his Paon design" "Sakurai is just trolling us"."This is to just test if k rool can sell" "This is just pre-ballot he'll become a character via ballot.". Jesus this is ridley level grasping

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
There'd better be more pre-ballot characters. It would be total **** if Lucas and Roy get to come back and Wolf gets shafted again.

Also, it's my anniversary! YAY! *confetti*

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In my opinion Inklings,K rool, and Wolf changes are all shot.I say wolf is the liker of the 3 but i feel even that's stretching it.And lately the k rool bias has been strong.Many of us(not many here but around the boards) said that inkling were deconfirmed due to costumes so i really dont understand why k rool is such a special case.He's a costume i think it's time for us to get over it and move on.Literally the last few days has been nothing but "K rool isn't deconfirmed for smash" "He can use his Paon design" "Sakurai is just trolling us"."This is to just test if k rool can sell" "This is just pre-ballot he'll become a character via ballot.". Jesus this is ridley level grasping
No, it'd be Ridley level grasping if there was a DK stage shown and there was a shadow int one of the trailers that could tototally be actually them as playable despite them constantly hovering.

We generalise too much here. We cannot predict the Direction Smash is taking without being in the building it's being made in. Someone call Snake and arrange an infiltration.

Chrono.

Just gonna go with the flow.

For all we know there might not be such a thing as pre-ballot DLC. There's the possibility the ballot may not mean much for playable characters in the end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see you Wonder Red. You can't hide.

plz stop hiding and fight
I have Miis of all "characters from games I like but lol obscure 3rd party", some include Crono(Ninja outfit and the bandana is the closest I'll get) and the Etrian Odyssey Untold party(I want my damn Mii Lance users only for this)
There'd better be more pre-ballot characters. It would be total **** if Lucas and Roy get to come back and Wolf gets shafted again.

Also, it's my anniversary! YAY! *confetti*
Happy Birthday, may it be filled with kostumes and OH MY GOD THE ALTTP MUSIC IN HYRULE CASTLE HMM...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So honest question, as anyone reliable datamined the 3DS, and when I say reliable, I mean people like the cutting room floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom