• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I've seen so many people complaining about their third party favorites possibly being Mii costumes.

I would be doing back flips out of sheer joy if the revealed a Bomberman Mii costume (well, as long as the helmet properly covered the face.)

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Alright, it's time to announce
THE FIRST MAJOR LEAKS GROUP TOURNAMENT!!!

Rules:
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • Mii Fighters are allowed, but must be named after the customs they are equipped with. (ex. 1122, 2313)
  • NO ITEMS!!!
  • Stages are randomly selected.
Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (no other omega stages)
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Pilotwings
  • Duck Hunt
  • Castle Siege
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Dream Land 64

The Tourney ID is 26422659075093.

The Password is TEAM_FAKE.

Up to 50 people can join.

Time:

Friday, August 7th.
4:00PM - 7:00PM
I joined, hopefully I'll be available during that time. :>

Chrono.

I've seen so many people complaining about their third party favorites possibly being Mii costumes.

I would be doing back flips out of sheer joy if the revealed a Bomberman Mii costume (well, as long as the helmet properly covered the face.)
From what I've seen, Lloyd fans are pretty content for the most part.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Just a quick question - I'm not saying I do, but does anybody else think these official posts actually lessens K. Rool's chances even more then it already was? It seems like they're just sportively joking about his costume inclusion at this point.
Seeing as these came from the Smash Bros Facebook page and Twitter, and that they have used jokes from the fandom before, they did once post a picture of Fox saying: Final Destination better be ready, so it probably means nothing.

Simple piece of advice, unless it comes straight from Nintendo of Japan or Sakurai himself when it comes to Smash, take no notice.

Starlight_Lily

You know I kind of feel most of the 3rd party characters are lucky to be costumes, because really at the end of the day, Super Smash Bros is a game for Nintendo characters and for 3rd party characters they'd need to be on the level of Pac-man and Sonic, and to be blunt quite a few of the 3rd mii costume characters aren't anywhere near that level.

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman

I don't think they would add a Bomberman costume unless Snake is added as a character first.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think they would add a Bomberman costume unless Snake is added as a character first.
Konami would need to be on board, so probably.

I know the mere mention of this will piss people off.... But I would also love for Miis to get a fourth custom slot. There are a lot of obvious move types missing, and I would love for my every growing number of Miis to have a bit more variation.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

I know the mere mention of this will piss people off.... But I would also love for Miis to get a fourth custom slot. There are a lot of obvious move types missing, and I would love for my every growing number of Miis to have a bit more variation.
Woah, I would be surprised if anyone gets mad at that idea.

I really really want more customization on Miis beyond their costumes. It'd make me use them way more.

Chrono.

I think Mages/Wizards should've been a thing

Maybe next game

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

You mean like a fourth type?
No thanks. I'd rather just have some additional customization on the ones we have.
(Unless you mean four custom moves for each special, which I would actually like, yes)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I really really want more customization on Miis beyond their costumes. It'd make me use them way more.
People don't like the idea of any additional dev time being spent on Miis. I would just love for Brawlers to have fire balls and Sword Fighter to have more than just one option for a neutral special that's not a projectile. More variety would be great!

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Actually you know what would've been cool, was if you could mix all 3 types of the mii fighters together. Like have a brawler who could use the sword, or make it so you could have a mii who uses the arm canon and a sword

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Giving 3 movesets to a single character that many don't even like (and that can't be used in some game modes) is MORE than enough already.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People tend to see what they want to see, though on occasion it's what they fear that they see.
The thing is that I don't care about K. Tool or the Inklings one way or another, really. I just think Inklings are in a better situation as their costume wasn't made as a response to the ballot. That doesn't mean I think they are likely, just that I think they are bit more plausible than K. Tool.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
People tend to see what they want to see, though on occasion it's what they fear that they see.
If the latter part about "seeing what they fear" was directed towards me, I always go for what's realistic. What I want is completely disregarded.

I don't really "fear" K. Rool or the Inklings not making it. I wanted K. Rool, but my expectations for him have been low since before the roster was even known. The only time I thought he had an actual shot was through the ballot. Inklings, I've never cared about (I actually think they're kinda ugly).

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Confirmation bias is a powerful thing. I remember how some (not all) K. Rool supporters were actually gloating over what they perceived as the Inklings being reduced to Mii Costumes, since the Inklings were, at one time, popular DLC contenders 'competing' against K. Rool. Now the same as happened to K. Rool, and several of them are back pedaling their previous mind-sets to allow him some leeway. It's almost like a backfire effect.

That said, I do feel bad about the whole situation. Whatever the end result is, it's still going to be months of anxiety and fear before then, and if the end result is unsatisfactory, then the whole situation is made even worse.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
"Ubisoft jumped ship from the Wii U after making more games for it and the 3DS than Capcom and Namco combined and more than even Sega by itself, clearly they are the spawn of the devil and do not deserve a rep. On the other hand, Squeenix jumped ship allll the way back on the N64 so they clearly deserve a rep after being gone for so long because why the hell not?"

Reps again? I wish people would stop seeing Rayman as some "Ubisoft rep" instead of, you know, Rayman. Would I like to see Squeenix "represented" in some way? Sure, but they just don't have anyone for the job. Do I want Ubisoft to be represented? No, they just happen to own Rayman. Did Rayman revolutionize a genre of gaming? No, but he still has sales to match Mega Man with far less games, so the series is clearly doing something right. The first game also set a precedence for animation quality in games.

Put simply, forget about Ubisoft, Rayman is pretty much his own thing created by the French Miyamoto.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Just got to test out Tournament Mode a little. A couple things that bug me.....

Why can't I make a 1v1 or 2v2 Tournament? I see the option for 1v1 For Glory in the Nintendo created tourneys, but I can't do it? Crazy!

When Custom Characters are on, why does it include Equipment? There should be a way to differentiate characters with Customs Moves and Equipment.

Since the Nintendo created tourneys that are starting the soonest are usually full, do I really have to sit in the practice screen for 40 minutes while waiting for it to begin? That's insane! I understand why they do it, but why can't I simply reserve a spot and 'check in' when there's 5 minutes left? If I don't check in, then my spot is vacated and someone else can fill it (which shouldn't be a problem since it'll be at the top of the list now and starting soon).

Finally.... 3 minutes? Why so short? Oh.... right... for YouTube replays. That's a whole other rant, but I'll save it for some other times. :facepalm:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright, it's time to announce
THE FIRST MAJOR LEAKS GROUP TOURNAMENT!!!

Rules:
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • Mii Fighters are allowed, but must be named after the customs they are equipped with. (ex. 1122, 2313)
  • NO ITEMS!!!
  • Stages are randomly selected.
Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (no other omega stages)
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Pilotwings
  • Duck Hunt
  • Castle Siege
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Dream Land 64

The Tourney ID is 26422659075093.

The Password is TEAM_FAKE.

Up to 50 people can join.

Time:

Friday, August 7th.
4:00PM - 7:00PM
Um, I joined but it's not live yet. What's wrong? Or did i miss something?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Just downloaded Blaster Master and Castlevania. Out of the two, I'm enjoying Castlevania the most so far, though the jump controls are pretty bull.
Yeah, not a huge fan of the jump either. It's very different and not as refined as most platformers, but on the bright side it is consistent enough that you can get adjusted to it with enough practice.

Wait, wait, the Leaks tournament is up?
In a week, I thought it was today as well haha.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Was just looking at the total view count for some of the character request threads on Smashboards.

K. Rool's has 1.3m. Nearly triple the next highest character.

Waddle Dee 488k
Isaac 444k
Krystal 304k
Rayman 278k
Snake 233k
Wolf 209k
Daisy 117k (why though)
Paper Mario 100k
Dixie 99k

This probably gives us a good idea of who the top voted characters are, at least in the west. This is honestly probably a better indication than any fan poll with 2 or 3 thousand votes.

Ridley had 2.6m. WOW!

It's also worth noting that most, if not all of these threads were created in 2012. BK has a thread with 38k created a few months ago.

Shantae and ICs have around 100k each but they're hardly worth listing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom