• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
well....he can
sakurai's rules for 3rd party characters were
they had to originated in a video game and
appear on a nintendo system at least once
Regardless, I doubt he would put in a character who never had their game on a Nintendo system. Character cameos is kind of a different situation.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Or because people actually like the characters and think they could bring something interesting and unique to the Smash roster.

Them bring a promotion for Splatoon was just an excuse some used to claim that they were likely, rather than the reason for wanting them. Of course, promotion has nothing to do with the Smash roster, which is why it was a horrible reason to claim that they were likely.
I think Inklings are likely because of the above and how well Splatoon has done. Over 1 million in sales for a new franchise when the Wii U has a fairly small install base is an overwhelming success.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey @ Opossum Opossum where do you get your signature images? I'm gonna have to take those Icies and Muddy Mole
@N3ON made them, actually. :p She was doing quite a few a while back. I'd have K. Rool, the Chorus Kids, and Starfy down ther too, but LOL sig limits. ;)

Chrono.

While I said I think that Squeenix should get a rep before Ubi, I don't think it's likely either.

Like @ Khoru Khoru and a few of you pointed it, FF's ever-changing cast makes it hard and their most iconic character is a Sony guy.

While I don't like Ubisoft as a company, I have to admit that Rayman is probably the only 3rd Party we could get that isn't from Bamco or SEGA.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
ubisoft has held games back for the wii u because of its sales and even made ZombiU a multiplat
Yes, forgive Ubisoft for not wanting to go completely bankrupt and release games on consoles that don't have great sales anyway.

I'm being sarcastic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's not that I don't like him, it's that him being the most popular newcomer and instead having a Mii costume is worth two strikes of its own.
To be fair, it could have been made pre-ballot. And if not, the ballot could change it if enough votes accumulate.

I'm just taking a neutral stance on K. Rool, mainly because I'm still like, 100% sure we're getting the Inklings still despite their costumes.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
@N3ON made them, actually. :p She was doing quite a few a while back. I'd have K. Rool, the Chorus Kids, and Starfy down ther too, but LOL sig limits. ;)
Cool. i'd love to have a spot to seem all of them lol. We have similar tastes in characters :p

Naoshi

Did you guys see this?
Where is this from and what is this about?

Mii costumes or something?

Doubt it has to do anything with unused playable slots. They wouldn't use Wonder Pink over Red, that and the dataminers already confirmed they found nothing about characters.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
"Ubisoft jumped ship from the Wii U after making more games for it and the 3DS than Capcom and Namco combined and more than even Sega by itself, clearly they are the spawn of the devil and do not deserve a rep. On the other hand, Squeenix jumped ship allll the way back on the N64 so they clearly deserve a rep after being gone for so long because why the hell not?"

Reps again? I wish people would stop seeing Rayman as some "Ubisoft rep" instead of, you know, Rayman. Would I like to see Squeenix "represented" in some way? Sure, but they just don't have anyone for the job. Do I want Ubisoft to be represented? No, they just happen to own Rayman. Did Rayman revolutionize a genre of gaming? No, but he still has sales to match Mega Man with far less games, so the series is clearly doing something right. The first game also set a precedence for animation quality in games.

Put simply, forget about Ubisoft, Rayman is pretty much his own thing created by the French Miyamoto.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
To be fair, it could have been made pre-ballot. And if not, the ballot could change it if enough votes accumulate.

I'm just taking a neutral stance on K. Rool, mainly because I'm still like, 100% sure we're getting the Inklings still despite their costumes.
I'm neutral as well, we really don't have enough information on the nature of the ballot and DLC to say either way. For all we know Sakurai hasn't even looked at the ballot results yet.

Though I think the Inklings are pre-ballot either way, they were early enough that they were almost definitely planned ahead of time.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
"Ubisoft jumped ship from the Wii U after making more games for it and the 3DS than Capcom and Namco combined and more than even Sega by itself, clearly they are the spawn of the devil and do not deserve a rep. On the other hand, Squeenix jumped ship allll the way back on the N64 so they clearly deserve a rep after being gone for so long because why the hell not?"

Reps again? I wish people would stop seeing Rayman as some "Ubisoft rep" instead of, you know, Rayman. Would I like to see Squeenix "represented" in some way? Sure, but they just don't have anyone for the job. Do I want Ubisoft to be represented? No, they just happen to own Rayman. Did Rayman revolutionize a genre of gaming? No, but he still has sales to match Mega Man with far less games, so the series is clearly doing something right. The first game also set a precedence for animation quality in games.

Put simply, forget about Ubisoft, Rayman is pretty much his own thing created by the French Miyamoto.
Post of the year.

Naoshi

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

Nicely put, James!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What ddi they change on WP's trophy? Did they black out her underwear or something or did they remove a Daisy third eye thing?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Huh? So they did something regarding her trophy's textures? That's really a random change. lol

Apparently, these are just regular trophies. Notice how except for Wonder Pink, all of these trophies are from post-launch updates.
Oh okay, guess someone noticed a mistake on Wonder Pink. like how Daisy had a third eye in Melee, and some one went back and fixed it. Or maybe they added a new wonder Pink trophy.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wonder Pink's trophy was changed out of the Blue? Everyone must be Green with envy, because Red is confirmed!

They probably just added a Black void to the model. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Wonderful 101's sales have improved any over the years. Looks like it'll be one of those cult classics that didn't catch on with the masses.

Khoru

Smash Champion

i think rayman deserves to be in, don't misunderstand.
however, you're arguing that ubisoft's actions put it on a high ground, and then saying "no, i win" and going back to say that Reps are meaningless. the existing third-parties have all been added because they and their series are extremely iconic. final fantasy is The rpg series.
i don't know where else i was going with this post tbh lol
i don't like arguing though
Post of the year.
oh the arbiter's spoken

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just checked, she doesn't have a void.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
i think rayman deserves to be in, don't misunderstand.
however, you're arguing that ubisoft's actions put it on a high ground, and then saying "no, i win" and going back to say that Reps are meaningless. the existing third-parties have all been added because they and their series are extremely iconic. final fantasy is The rpg series.
I was pointing out a bit of hypocrisy, people saying that Squeenix deserves a "rep" before Ubisoft because Ubisoft "abandoned Nintendo"... when Squeenix did the same thing over a decade ago. Are we just assuming that Ubisoft is never going to make a game for them ever again here?

I do think the rep argument is meaningless. Again, I don't want Rayman because he's from Ubisoft, just like I wouldn't want a Final Fantasy character because they're from Squeenix, or how I want Snake back because he's Snake despite Konami's standings.

Chrono.

So on Pokken

Blaziken will be playable as a playtest for most of August, after the 31st you'll be unable to play as Blaziken again until he gets added for real (no date for that planned).

Seems like it'll be awhile before he's actually added lol

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Also, check out the official SBB Facebook page trolling:

View attachment 65086

Not cool, guys.
Oh Nintendo. You do know how to make my blood boil sometimes.

Just a quick question - I'm not saying I do, but does anybody else think these official posts actually lessens K. Rool's chances even more then it already was? It seems like they're just sportively joking about his costume inclusion at this point.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Alright, it's time to announce
THE FIRST MAJOR LEAKS GROUP TOURNAMENT!!!

Rules:
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • Mii Fighters are allowed, but must be named after the customs they are equipped with. (ex. 1122, 2313)
  • NO ITEMS!!!
  • Stages are randomly selected.
Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (no other omega stages)
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Pilotwings
  • Duck Hunt
  • Castle Siege
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Dream Land 64

The Tourney ID is 26422659075093.

The Password is TEAM_FAKE.

Up to 50 people can join.

Time:

Friday, August 7th.
4:00PM - 7:00PM

Naoshi

Alright, it's time to announce
THE FIRST MAJOR LEAKS GROUP TOURNAMENT!!!

Rules:
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • Mii Fighters are allowed, but must be named after the customs they are equipped with. (ex. 1122, 2313)
  • NO ITEMS!!!
  • Stages are randomly selected.
Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (no other omega stages)
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Pilotwings
  • Duck Hunt
  • Castle Siege
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Dream Land 64

The Tourney ID is 26422659075093.

The Password is TEAM_FAKE.