• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Was just looking at the total view count for some of the character request threads on Smashboards.

K. Rool's has 1.3m. Nearly triple the next highest character.

Waddle Dee 488k
Isaac 444k
Krystal 304k
Rayman 278k
Snake 233k
Wolf 209k
Daisy 117k (why though)
Dixie 99k

This probably gives us a good idea of who the top voted characters are, at least in the west. This is honestly probably a better indication than any fan poll with 2 or 3 thousand votes.

Ridley had 2.6m. WOW!

It's also worth noting that most, if not all of these threads were created in 2012. BK has a thread with 38k created a few months ago.

Shantae and ICs have around 100k each but they're hardly worth listing.
how could you forget paper mario? :(

I say this because it topped 100k lately :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just downloaded Blaster Master and Castlevania. Out of the two, I'm enjoying Castlevania the most so far, though the jump controls are pretty bull.
Yeah imagine Simon in Smash and his jump controls are faithful to his origins.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Was just looking at the total view count for some of the character request threads on Smashboards.

K. Rool's has 1.3m. Nearly triple the next highest character.

Waddle Dee 488k
Isaac 444k
Krystal 304k
Rayman 278k
Snake 233k
Wolf 209k
Daisy 117k (why though)
Dixie 99k

This probably gives us a good idea of who the top voted characters are, at least in the west. This is honestly probably a better indication than any fan poll with 2 or 3 thousand votes.

Ridley had 2.6m. WOW!

It's also worth noting that most, if not all of these threads were created in 2012. BK has a thread with 38k created a few months ago.

Shantae and ICs have around 100k each but they're hardly worth listing.
Uh....no...

Half of those could be anti-supporters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Indies aren't impossible on the grounds of them being indies. Let's say that much.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Why are they not worth listing, exactly?

I immediately got the joke.
I think I have no life. Lisa tore it apart.
Sakurai removed gravity to try and make the Ice Climbers work and still couldn't.

Shantae doesn't even remotely fit the mold of what it takes to make the game as a 3rd Party.
how could you forget paper mario? :(

I say this because it topped 100k lately :)
I actually did miss him, he's 100k exactly!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sakurai removed gravity to try and make the Ice Climbers work and still couldn't.

Shantae doesn't even remotely fit the mold of what it takes to make the game as a 3rd Party.

I actually did miss him, he's 100k exactly!
almost 101k actually :)

You know what's funny?

when I became OP in April 2014, he had only 10k.

i think we got to 50k at E3 2014 :)

then it got down because dlc stuff :)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's arguably subjective.
You're listing character threads by post count and judging support by it. Indie or not, you shouldn't have removed Shantae from the list because you don't think she's worthy.

Besides...
Uh....no...

Half of those could be anti-supporters.
This isn't reliable information, as stated here.
It could be that some character threads have more intense debate from only a few users.
The only threads that really indicate a ton of support are Isaac, King K. Rool and Bandanna Waddle Dee.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sonic.
Snake.
Mega Man.
Pac-Man.
Ryu.
Shantae.

Nope.

That's arguably subjective.
You're listing character threads by post count and judging support by it. Indie or not, you shouldn't have removed Shantae from the list because you don't think she's worthy.

Besides...

This isn't reliable information, as stated here.
It could be that some character threads have more intense debate from only a few users.
The only threads that really indicate a ton of support are Isaac, King K. Rool and Bandanna Waddle Dee.
I never said it was reliable. It's still interesting to see what characters are gauging the most interest.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I posted the replies listings in a similar manner a while back and the same applies. It's not a rating of popularity as such. It measures how much they're talked about, good or bad.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yesterday I was discussing with a guy in Youtube, he said Bandana Dee has no chances because he is in Smash Run and that Shovel Knight is practically confirmed because it was a success.

He is in the hospital now.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm not sure if looking at a view and post count in a forum thread is a very reliable indicative of how many votes a character has in the ballot from the general public as a whole. It just shows how much they are talked about here. Wether it's friendly discussions with a few fellow supporters or debates with any potential detractors etc.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey guys, boring day, so let's make a top 10, no bias, most likely (newcomer or not) characters from the ballot list based on what you've seen.

1. K. Rool or Wolf (i didn't make wolf a seperate one because i doubt he's not already in dev)
  2. Isaac
  3. Paper Mario
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Dixie
  6. Captain Toad
  7. Krystal
That.s..all I can think of, actually.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just downloaded Blaster Master and Castlevania. Out of the two, I'm enjoying Castlevania the most so far, though the jump controls are pretty bull.
Castlevania 4 makes much better but they cut it out on the future classic style games because it ain't like the old ones. Bloodlines has much better control than 1-3 but not better than 4. It's on par with RoB

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey guys, boring day, so let's make a top 10, no bias, most likely (newcomer or not) characters from the ballot list based on what you've seen.

1. K. Rool or Wolf (i didn't make wolf a seperate one because i doubt he's not already in dev)
  2. Isaac
  3. Paper Mario
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Dixie
  6. Captain Toad
  7. Krystal
That.s..all I can think of, actually.
1. Midna
2. Midna
3. Midna
4. Midna
5. Midna
6. Midna
7. Midna
8. Midna
9. Midna
10. Midna & Wolf Link

Hey, you said no bias! I didn't put Midna & Wolf Link at #1!
g6cYnyw.png

Here's my actual list though.

1. King K. Rool
2. Isaac
3. Inkling
4. Paper Mario
5. Dixie Kong
6. Captain Toad
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Snake
9. Shantae / Shovel Knight
10. Takamaru

I did not list Wolf because I think he's already being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom