• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
There'd better be more pre-ballot characters. It would be total **** if Lucas and Roy get to come back and Wolf gets shafted again.

Also, it's my anniversary! YAY! *confetti*
Implying there won't be veterans on the ballot? I'm sure a lot of the ballot entries are for veterans that haven't come back yet. (especially Wolf and Snake)

Personally I'm thinking we'll get Wolf and Dixie from the ballot and maybe one or two others as well.

EDIT: Having one veteran, one semi-clone and one complete newcomer as the next "fan ones" is what I'm somewhat expecting from the ballot.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, has anyone tested the custom moves to see if any of them got changed? I know there was a lot of call for some of villager's customs to be nerfed.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
In my opinion Inklings,K rool, and Wolf changes are all shot.I say wolf is the liker of the 3 but i feel even that's stretching it.And lately the k rool bias has been strong.Many of us(not many here but around the boards) said that inkling were deconfirmed due to costumes so i really dont understand why k rool is such a special case.He's a costume i think it's time for us to get over it and move on.Literally the last few days has been nothing but "K rool isn't deconfirmed for smash" "He can use his Paon design" "Sakurai is just trolling us"."This is to just test if k rool can sell" "This is just pre-ballot he'll become a character via ballot.". Jesus this is ridley level grasping
Why Wolf? We haven't gotten anything to suggest he won't be coming, have we?

The K. Rool situation is indeed Ridley all over again. I fell for the shadow theories a year ago myself, and now I can see how ridiculous it all was. I don't plan on making the same mistake here.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I dunno if we ended removing the most likely characters by costumes,this ends meaning we won't have ballot winners at all.

INB4 All the ballot characters are indies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think trying to guess anything now is a waste of time. We have absolutely no idea what Sakurai has planned. We don't know his criteria, we don't know if he is really using ballot results, we don't know if he wants to focus only on new comers, we don't even have a real estimate on the amount of DLC left.

For the first time in a long time, we are all truly in the dark.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Hello i am Ninka_Vanroose with the ballot results. Sakuria has decided to add Crazy master core tabuu and his final smash is super hars and has 20 forms.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Implying there won't be veterans on the ballot? I'm sure a lot of the ballot entries are for veterans that haven't come back yet. (especially Wolf and Snake)

Personally I'm thinking we'll get Wolf and Dixie from the ballot and maybe one or two others as well.

EDIT: Having one veteran, one semi-clone and one complete newcomer as the next "fan ones" is what I'm somewhat expecting from the ballot.
Oh, you know Wolf and Snake are doing well in the ballot. I myself have voted six times for Wolf on different devices. But we have no idea what to expect or how characters are going to be chosen. We're expecting multiple ballot characters when we still could only get one. Even if we get three or four ballot characters, they may decide that Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas are enough for veterans and only go with newcomers instead.
At this point, Wolf is the only character that I REALLY want. He was cool. He was unique. He was the only SF character that was more than lightweight. There are THREE ****ING VERSIONS of his theme in this game, one being a completely new arrangement, and it feels like a slap in the face every time one of them cranks up. He needs to be here. Star Fox representation and the roster overall will not feel complete without him. So why the hell isn't he here yet?

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think trying to guess anything now is a waste of time. We have absolutely no idea what Sakurai has planned. We don't know his criteria, we don't know if he is really using ballot results, we don't know if he wants to focus only on new comers, we don't even have a real estimate on the amount of DLC left.

For the first time in a long time, we are all truly in the dark.
So basically pre-smash 4 announcement,featuring ridley as a giant enemy boss

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait, has anyone tested the custom moves to see if any of them got changed? I know there was a lot of call for some of villager's customs to be nerfed.
I think he said customs wouldn't be balanced. If they were glitched, then they would be fixed though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know I was actually interested in seeing Tabuu be made into a fighter at one point.
Me too, I started a thread for him.

Though about stages. It seems all the DLC ones will be simple ones. Ryu's stage's sole Gimmick is hose breakable signs that don't effect gameplay. It may even be tournament viable (barring their inability to work with walk off stages) The others are 64 stages and intentionally kept low quality for nostalgia's sake.

Any brand new stages will probably be both for new series and be simple.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hello i am Ninka_Vanroose with the ballot results. Sakuria has decided to add Crazy master core tabuu and his final smash is super hars and has 20 forms.
Just wait until someone on GameFAQS quotes this.

You know I was actually interested in seeing Tabuu be made into a fighter at one point.
Yeah, it was mildly popular for a while. It seems Tabuu is a one-shot kind of character. Unless DLC Boss Battles...?

Me too, I started a thread for him.

Though about stages. It seems all the DLC ones will be simple ones. Ryu's stage's sole Gimmick is hose breakable signs that don't effect gameplay. It may even be tournament viable (barring their inability to work with walk off stages) The others are 64 stages and intentionally kept low quality for nostalgia's sake.

Any brand new stages will probably be both for new series and be simple.
Ryu's stage gimmick is the switch in music in the last 30 seconds/last stock.

Which is fricken awesome.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is the new music not placed into it's own chronological place like Dream Land's, Miiverse's and Suzuka's Caslte's music was?

It's just tacked on in the sound test.

That's ****ing lazy...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I've been reading the posts in this thread...

and you're all hopeless.

I apologize for my resent cynical attitude, I'm usually optimistic, but I'm looking at this realistically instead of optimistically. Character bias aside, WE ARE EXAGGERATING KING K. ROOL'S CHANCES. It's the same with Wolf as well. Like @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and I have said, we are a minority. We are completely ignoring the casual fanbase. We are the hardcore fanbase. We know Nintendo like the back of our hands. The casual fanbase doesn't know near as much as we do.While the hardcore fanbase has the advantage of organization (in support of x character), the casual fanbase has the advantage of sheer numbers. I can imagine a good number of ballot picks will be ones we didn't see coming due to the casual vote. We'll see characters like the Inklings and other recent characters all the kids have taken too. (I could only come up with Inklings as a recent character that's caught with the casual consumer, but you could replace them with any character that's popular with the casual fanbase) Assuming that King K. Rool's chances are unaffected is ignorant. There's no other way. Thinking any character is a shoe-in is ignorant as well. Especially with the teasing the Nintendo Social Media accounts are conducting. I'm sure a lot of the casual fans have no clue what that joke is until they look at the comments and find out who K. Rool is.

What I'm conveying is that the casual market doesn't know about the same characters as we do, and doesn't support the same characters as we do. They enjoy newer, small-known characters like Shulk and Robin (I enjoyed Marth and Pit in Brawl despite not knowing where they were from), but it's easier to put them in the base game with Mario and Link then it is to let them headline their own DLC Pack meant to be profitable off of the base game.

Also, they know about the ballot. Information spreads fast nowadays. I know many Youtube channels have covered the ballot, and with all the news of it over Miiverse, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. and on the eShop, it's well known that there's a Smash Ballot, and anyone can vote for anyone.

The casual fanbase is not ignorant or anything, they just know about less characters, and as such support different characters that may seem like odd or bad choices to us.
We don't think of the casual fanbase when talking about the ballot, and that will obviously sway results. Thread views and fan polls are still faulty due to a lack of votes from EVERY fan, which is what the Smash Ballot is about, getting the vote of EVERY Smash fan, not just us.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Why is the new music not placed into it's own chronological place like Dream Land's, Miiverse's and Suzuka's Caslte's music was?

It's just tacked on in the sound test.

That's ****ing lazy...
i mean the selection itself is pretty lazy
there were a lot of potential fitting songs but I HOPE YOU LIKE ZELDA 1 OVERWORLD

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

and you're all hopeless.

I apologize for my resent cynical attitude, I'm usually optimistic, but I'm looking at this realistically instead of optimistically. Character bias aside, WE ARE EXAGGERATING KING K. ROOL'S CHANCES. It's the same with Wolf as well. Like @ PushDustIn PushDustIn (Might've been @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , maybe both) and I have said, we are a minority. We are completely ignoring the casual fanbase. We are the hardcore fanbase. We know Nintendo like the back of our hands. The casual fanbase doesn't know near as much as we do. They don't know what the heck a King K. Rool is, and all they know about Wolf is that he was in Brawl, maybe they know about his appearance in Star Fox 64. Maybe. All they know about Roy and Lucas is that they were in previous Smash Bros. games. They know Mewtwo, he's that Pokemon from X and Y. They maybe know Ryu as that guy from Fight Street or whatever it was. While the hardcore fanbase has the advantage of organization (in support of x character), the casual fanbase has the advantage of sheer numbers. I can imagine a good number of ballot picks will be ones we didn't see coming due to the casual vote. We'll see characters like the Inklings and other recent characters all the kids have taken too. (I could only come up with Inklings as a recent character that's caught with the casual consumer, but you could replace them with any character that's popular with the casual fanbase) Assuming that King K. Rool's chances are unaffected is ignorant. There's no other way. Thinking any character is a shoe-in is ignorant as well. Especially with the teasing the Nintendo Social Media accounts are conducting. I'm sure a lot of the casual fans have no clue what that joke is until they look at the comments and find out what a K. Rool is.

We don't think of the casual fanbase when talking about the ballot, and that will obviously sway results. Thread views and fan polls are still faulty due to a lack of votes from EVERY fan, which is what the Smash Ballot is about, getting the vote of EVERY Smash fan, not just us.
I couldn't have said this.

Because this idea is stupid.

It assumes two points.

1. It assumes the casual market is ignorant and don't like seeing new things like Shulk, Robin, etc.
2. Hardcore market doesn't exist or gets any leeway when it clearly does.

Both are wrong.

Besides, if they are that ignorant, why the heck would they even know the ballot was a thing?

Casuals are casuals, not morons... They're more likely to share our opinions then you think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i mean the selection itself is pretty lazy
there were a lot of potential fitting songs but I HOPE YOU LIKE ZELDA 1 OVERWORLD
There are two ALttP tracks and both aren't terrible remixes like Brawl's Dark World great, your argument is invalid

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ok, lack of wording on my part, but what I meant to convey is that the casual market doesn't know about the same characters as we do, and doesn't support the same characters as we do. I'm sure they enjoy new characters like Shulk and Robin (I enjoyed Marth and Pit in Brawl despite not knowing where they were from), but it's easier to put them in the base game with Mario and Link then it is to let them headline their own DLC Pack meant to be profitable off of the base game.

Also, on the topic of the ballot itself and the casual fanbase finding out about it, information spreads fast nowadays. I know many Youtube channels have covered the ballot, and with all the news of it over Miiverse, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. and on the eShop, it's well known that there's a Smash Ballot, and anyone can vote for anyone.

Once again, sorry for lack of wording, the casual fanbase is not ignorant or anything, they just know about less characters, and as such support different characters that may seem like odd or bad choices to us.
That's the kicker.

If information spreads fast, then why wouldn't the casual fanbase have heard about mega ton characters like K.Rool or any other character that's often brought up when the ballot is?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

and you're all hopeless.

I apologize for my resent cynical attitude, I'm usually optimistic, but I'm looking at this realistically instead of optimistically. Character bias aside, WE ARE EXAGGERATING KING K. ROOL'S CHANCES. It's the same with Wolf as well. Like @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and I have said, we are a minority. We are completely ignoring the casual fanbase. We are the hardcore fanbase. We know Nintendo like the back of our hands. The casual fanbase doesn't know near as much as we do. They don't know what the heck a King K. Rool is, and all they know about Wolf is that he was in Brawl, maybe they know about his appearance in Star Fox 64. Maybe. All they know about Roy and Lucas is that they were in previous Smash Bros. games. They know Mewtwo, he's that Pokemon from X and Y. They maybe know Ryu as that guy from Fight Street or whatever it was. While the hardcore fanbase has the advantage of organization (in support of x character), the casual fanbase has the advantage of sheer numbers. I can imagine a good number of ballot picks will be ones we didn't see coming due to the casual vote. We'll see characters like the Inklings and other recent characters all the kids have taken too. (I could only come up with Inklings as a recent character that's caught with the casual consumer, but you could replace them with any character that's popular with the casual fanbase) Assuming that King K. Rool's chances are unaffected is ignorant. There's no other way. Thinking any character is a shoe-in is ignorant as well. Especially with the teasing the Nintendo Social Media accounts are conducting. I'm sure a lot of the casual fans have no clue what that joke is until they look at the comments and find out what a K. Rool is.

What I'm conveyingg is that the casual market doesn't know about the same characters as we do, and doesn't support the same characters as we do. They enjoy newer, small-known characters like Shulk and Robin (I enjoyed Marth and Pit in Brawl despite not knowing where they were from), but it's easier to put them in the base game with Mario and Link then it is to let them headline their own DLC Pack meant to be profitable off of the base game.

Also, they know about the ballot. Information spreads fast nowadays. I know many Youtube channels have covered the ballot, and with all the news of it over Miiverse, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. and on the eShop, it's well known that there's a Smash Ballot, and anyone can vote for anyone.

The casual fanbase is not ignorant or anything, they just know about less characters, and as such support different characters that may seem like odd or bad choices to us.
You know I wouldn't be surprised if most of the causal fans of Smash are also Nintendo fans, so they'd probably know who K Rool is.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

and you're all hopeless.

I apologize for my resent cynical attitude, I'm usually optimistic, but I'm looking at this realistically instead of optimistically. Character bias aside, WE ARE EXAGGERATING KING K. ROOL'S CHANCES. It's the same with Wolf as well. Like @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and I have said, we are a minority. We are completely ignoring the casual fanbase. We are the hardcore fanbase. We know Nintendo like the back of our hands. The casual fanbase doesn't know near as much as we do. They don't know what the heck a King K. Rool is, and all they know about Wolf is that he was in Brawl, maybe they know about his appearance in Star Fox 64. Maybe. All they know about Roy and Lucas is that they were in previous Smash Bros. games. They know Mewtwo, he's that Pokemon from X and Y. They maybe know Ryu as that guy from Fight Street or whatever it was. While the hardcore fanbase has the advantage of organization (in support of x character), the casual fanbase has the advantage of sheer numbers. I can imagine a good number of ballot picks will be ones we didn't see coming due to the casual vote. We'll see characters like the Inklings and other recent characters all the kids have taken too. (I could only come up with Inklings as a recent character that's caught with the casual consumer, but you could replace them with any character that's popular with the casual fanbase) Assuming that King K. Rool's chances are unaffected is ignorant. There's no other way. Thinking any character is a shoe-in is ignorant as well. Especially with the teasing the Nintendo Social Media accounts are conducting. I'm sure a lot of the casual fans have no clue what that joke is until they look at the comments and find out what a K. Rool is.

This makes the assumption that casuals are idiots and ignorant, which is not the case, and is frankly insulting.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That's the kicker.

If information spreads fast, then why wouldn't the casual fanbase have heard about mega ton characters like K.Rool or any other character that's often brought up when the ballot is?
It makes sense, but I feel like the casual fanbase wouldn't take the time to truly learn about a character like K. Rool, and besides that, what reason would they have to vote for him? Why vote for a character when you barely know who they are? Especially when I can imagine a lot of them take the "one vote per person" rule seriously.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Just gonna go with the flow.

For all we know there might not be such a thing as pre-ballot DLC. There's the possibility the ballot may not mean much for playable characters in the end.
It's impossible for pre-ballot DLC to not be a thing.

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were in development before the ballot began. This is a fact.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That's the kicker.

Your avatar is amazing.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Ok, lack of wording on my part, but what I meant to convey is that the casual market doesn't know about the same characters as we do, and doesn't support the same characters as we do. I'm sure they enjoy new characters like Shulk and Robin (I enjoyed Marth and Pit in Brawl despite not knowing where they were from), but it's easier to put them in the base game with Mario and Link then it is to let them headline their own DLC Pack meant to be profitable off of the base game.

Also, on the topic of the ballot itself and the casual fanbase finding out about it, information spreads fast nowadays. I know many Youtube channels have covered the ballot, and with all the news of it over Miiverse, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. and on the eShop, it's well known that there's a Smash Ballot, and anyone can vote for anyone.

Once again, sorry for lack of wording, the casual fanbase is not ignorant or anything, they just know about less characters, and as such support different characters that may seem like odd or bad choices to us.
Veterans, or at least unique ones, are going to get a lot of support, no matter what. If Lucas and Roy, two Japan-only characters from obscure as hell games, can return due to popular demand, then you can bet Wolf, who not only has the benefit of being in multiple Star Fox games, including one upcoming, as well as Brawl, but also has the benefit of having his games released internationally, could.
The hardcore fans are not the only ones who want Wolf and Snake back, trust me.
While K. Rool may not be as popular as his fans like to think he is, I don't think he's as obscure as his detractors like to claim, either. He's DK's Bowser. The DKC trilogy edged SNES sales past the Genesis and secured victory for Nintendo in the 16-Bit War.
The DKC trilogy has been ported numerous times, GBC, GBA, Wii/Wii U VC
He's had a trophy in the last three Smash games, and his Theme is in the last two. He's not THAT obscure or unfamiliar to the casual audience.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like to say 3 things:

• **** 2015 for all these deaths and should really go away. RIP Piper
  • **** my life for having no Wii U to enjoy the update
  • Lastly, just **** you Inafune. Why are you doing this to us?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
For all we know all the casual fans might have learned about K Rool through those posts about his Mii Costumes.
Maybe it's an even more clever marketing scheme than we thought.
But Hey Just a theory.
A Smashboards Theory.
Thanks for reading!

sorry couldn't resisst.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This makes the assumption that casuals are idiots and ignorant, which is not the case, and is frankly insulting.
I can only agree with that, casuals aren't idiots, and that was not the intention of my rant. Blame it on my bad wording, but that was never the intent. The intent was more to say that we shouldn't assume that x character will win the bias based on fan polls conducted with the hardcore fanbase. I'm also saying that we shouldn't assume that x character will get in and that they're a shoe-in. We have no idea what to expect, speculation is at an all-time high, and I'm saying we should keep our hopes from getting too high and prepare for the possibility that x character doesn't get in. That was really it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It makes sense, but I feel like the casual fanbase wouldn't take the time to truly learn about a character like K. Rool, and besides that, what reason would they have to vote for him? Why vote for a character when you barely know who they are? Especially when I can imagine a lot of them take the "one vote per person" rule seriously.
Why wouldn't they at least ask a question? If a lot of people want a thing, they might as well ask what it is?

Moreover, how do you know they don't?

You're trying to obscure something when you frankly have no data or any real idea who the casuals are voting for.

You're saying we don't know who such and such is voting for which is true.

But it's entirely possible they're voting for the veterans and popular characters that we want.

The reason people say K.Rool is winning is because based on the only data we have (fan polls) he is clearly winning.

K.Rool's dominance is based on evidence at least.

This is not. It's just trying to invalidate evidence that exists because I don't know.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
There are two ALttP tracks and both aren't terrible remixes like Brawl's Dark World great, your argument is invalid
i mean... ok. recap, not counting the original songs from the stages
Peach's Castle
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 - Overworld -- one of the most notable omissions from the soundtrack
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 - Overworld -- why
  • Super Mario 64 - Bob-omb Battlefield (Arrangement) -- i have no problem with this. it's good.
  • Super Mario 64 - Slide Theme -- this had an arrangement in melee but it's okay i guess
Hyrule Castle
  • Zelda 1 - Overworld
  • Zelda 1/3 Medley -- while stylistically solid, all the songs are already in the game by themselves or part of other medleys, and the only song from ALttP that's in it is zelda's lullaby. also, overworld theme.
  • A Link to the Past - Overworld
  • Ocarina of Time - Hyrule Field -- it's already arranged from brawl? like...
  • Majora's Mask - Termina Field - i honestly didn't even notice this wasn't in the game. it's okay, i guess.
i mean, i'm not expecting ten arrangements per stage. but there are probably as many (or more) versions of overworld in smash now as there are dk island swing. neither of these stages even get their own themes, and if porting songs was an option, i see little reason to have more versions of the same songs than to broaden the music selection.
(for trivia, the only other stages with my music that share such an honor are port town, pac-land, i think orbital gate, and arguably kalos league. i think.)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
1. Midna
2. Midna
3. Midna
4. Midna
5. Midna
6. Midna
7. Midna
8. Midna
9. Midna
10. Midna & Wolf Link

Hey, you said no bias! I didn't put Midna & Wolf Link at #1! View attachment 65160
Here's my actual list though.

1. King K. Rool
2. Isaac
3. Inkling
4. Paper Mario
5. Dixie Kong
6. Captain Toad
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Snake
9. Shantae / Shovel Knight
10. Takamaru

I did not list Wolf because I think he's already being made.
>inkling over paper mario

Nice list though, even though I..heavily disagree with 9.

D

Deleted member

i mean... ok. recap, not counting the original songs from the stages
Peach's Castle
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 - Overworld -- one of the most notable omissions from the soundtrack
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 - Overworld -- why
  • Super Mario 64 - Bob-omb Battlefield (Arrangement) -- i have no problem with this. it's good.
  • Super Mario 64 - Slide Theme -- this had an arrangement in melee but it's okay i guess
Hyrule Castle
  • Zelda 1 - Overworld
  • Zelda 1/3 Medley -- while stylistically solid, all the songs are already in the game by themselves or part of other medleys, and the only song from ALttP that's in it is zelda's lullaby. also, overworld theme.
  • A Link to the Past - Overworld
  • Ocarina of Time - Hyrule Field -- it's already arranged from brawl? like...
  • Majora's Mask - Termina Field - i honestly didn't even notice this wasn't in the game. it's okay, i guess.
i mean, i'm not expecting ten arrangements per stage. but there are probably as many (or more) versions of overworld in smash now as there are dk island swing. and neither of these stages even get their own themes, and if porting songs was an option, i see little reason to have more versions of the same songs than to broaden the music selection.
(for trivia, the only other stages with my music that share such an honor are port town, pac-land, i think orbital gate, and arguably kalos league. i think.)
I think you forgot the Hyrule Castle theme from ALttP or was that in the original SSB64 already?
I don't know and I don't care, I only know I got some stages, some sickass music B^) and HOLY CRAP IS THAT BLACK KNIGHT!?
Also, do you have a problem with overworlds, 'cause that's racist m8
Though I do wish they had some more recent music like Dreamland(and it's the only DLC stage I don't have, RIP Septonia's Queen Boss Theme :'^)
EDIT: Wait, I'm dumb, the original Hyrule Castle theme is ALttP's Hyrule Castle Theme

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why wouldn't they at least ask a question? If a lot of people want a thing, they might as well ask what it is?

Moreover, how do you know they don't?

You're trying to obscure something when you frankly have no data or any real idea who the casuals are voting for.

You're saying we don't know who such and such is voting for which is true.

But it's entirely possible they're voting for the veterans and popular characters that we want.

The reason people say K.Rool is winning is because based on the only data we have (fan polls) he is clearly winning.

K.Rool's dominance is based on evidence at least.

This is not. It's just trying to invalidate evidence that exists because I don't know.
(It was the best I could find to say you're right, please don't take it as anything else)

You and others caught me red-handed and factless. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't assume characters are a given. That's something I've seen multiple times, and sometimes it works, but when it doesn't, it just leads to disappointment and outrage. This was a way I was trying to prove it, but I'll admit my argument was shaky and without facts or evidence. THAT's what I was trying to say at the very center of it all.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Well...

At least DL64 had varied music?
oh yeah, definitely. hypernova sectonia was a kind of odd choice, but the rest were fantastic. not having gourmet race in the base game was bizarre.
I think you forgot the Hyrule Castle theme from ALttP or was that in the original SSB64 already?
I don't know and I don't care, I only know I got some stages, some sickass music B^) and HOLY CRAP IS THAT BLACK KNIGHT!?
Also, do you have a problem with overworlds, 'cause that's racist m8
Though I do wish they had some more recent music like Dreamland(and it's the only DLC stage I don't have, RIP Septonia's Queen Boss Theme :'^)
nope, hyrule castle isn't there at all

the stage song there is just the smash 64 version of overworld

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom