• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It's a point-based game. The higher the position at the end of the match, the more points you earn.
So what's the deal with items? Can we turn them off or not? IDC either way just seems weird.

I wonder if Nintendo will respond to feedback if we ask for 1v1 tourneys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait Swamp...

Was that Swedish Chef Mii from me though? I remember QR'ing a TON of Miis, so I'm not sure if I got him through that. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I recall seeing there was a 1v1 mode in Tournament mode somewhere?

Also I wanna debate about something..I dunno. Someone debate with me about a character's chances.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Welp I'm having trouble on the first boss of Splatoon, I don't think my playthrough the single player mode bodes well.

Any advice guys?

DaybreakHorizon

A Believing Heart
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ok, so I have a choice of four costumes. I can get the K. Rool costume, the Flying Man costume, the Hoodie costume, or the Samus costume. Which one should I get?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Wait wait wait hold the phone. Tourny mode has no 1v1 option? What is even the point anymore?

Jesus freaking Christmas
Ok, so I have a choice of four costumes. I can get the K. Rool costume, the Flying Man costume, the Hoodie costume, or the Samus costume. Which one should I get?
Chrom :troll:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Any of us 3DS brothers want to play some FFA action since we don't have Online Tourney

lloyd
hoodie
Hoodie is the best costume. I just looks so perfect on my Mii. Makes me wanna play it more

DaybreakHorizon

A Believing Heart
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Flying Man, feels so satisfying to play as the ******* stage hazard in Magicant.
I went with Flying Man, just so I can screw around with my friends. I also bought the Bears, Lloyd, Chrom, and the Black Knight, hence why I excluded them. Also got the two stages.

For Wii U only. I barely play 3DS nowadays anyways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lack a game pad charger SO I CANT GET THE DLC!!! ;3;

Charger comes in tomorrow though and I'll be rockin' da Mii hoodie.

D

Deleted member

Technically, there is 1v1 in tourney mode, but that's only in the presets tournaments an WHO THE HELL THOUGHT A THREE MINUTE TWO STOCK MATCH WAS A GOOD IDEA?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You're right.

It's terrible data.

You know that.

I've had people not know Samus and Link but somehow knew Pit.

Because you're confusing a couple of things.

Ryu is a popular character, but not a popular character request. Popularity can mean a lot of things and since this is pre-ballot they could evaluate it using very different methods.

You're making a false correlation.

Actually there are a lot of ways to figure out what the issue could be. 1 said a couple above.

But again, this is a strange way to argue this as Roy and Lucas were very high for hardcore gamers as well.

Now, I'm not trying to say popularity will trump all, but this "casuals vote for someone different" is weak.
Well if it's terrible data then how can we assume that the community data is any better? In both cases we are looking in only one place, we are bound to record an echo chamber effect and not a complete view of the Smash fanbase.

Furthermore, I've showed in my previous post last night that in Melee Sakurai outright ignored some of the more popular requests. He took popular choices but for others he's outright ignored them. In both cases it was a Smash Ballot measuring popularity. It's useless to assume that just because characters are popular in our ballots that they are a shoo-in. There are a lot more factors.

Got more to say but my class is about to start!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well if it's terrible data then how can we assume that the community data is any better? In both cases we are looking in only one place, we are bound to record an echo chamber effect and not a complete view of the Smash fanbase.
Because the data in question was a handful of people?

Fanpolls are that great either but they're better than that because of the greater number of voters. You're equivocating.

Furthermore, I've showed in my previous post last night that in Melee Sakurai outright ignored some of the more popular requests. He took popular choices but for others he's outright ignored them. In both cases it was a Smash Ballot measuring popularity. It's useless to assume that just because characters are popular in our ballots that they are a shoo-in. There are a lot more factors.!
I... never said otherwise... I even agreed with you....

"Now, I'm not trying to say popularity will trump all, but this "casuals vote for someone different" is weak."

That's the point I was making...

Push, no offense, but did you read?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I knew who R.O.B was back in Brawl way before I knew who Link and Samus was.
In fact I only knew Toon Link and thought he was the Zelda franchise, These were who I knew going itnto Brawl.
:sonic::mario2::luigi2::peach::yoshi2::bowser2::warioc::dk2::diddy::pikachu2::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard::pt::jigglypuff::lucario::toonlink::rob::falcon:
I have never played an F-Zero Game. Well not at home anyway:

Ah AX you were the best arcade game I ever got the pleasure of playing. The Place I played it at probably no longer has it though :sadeyes:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come back when you need a new thread.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm loving my buffs for WFT but I think I'm getting worst at the game, I should take a break from Smash for a bit so I can comeback rested and ready to Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom