• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
>miis are allowed in tournaments that can be fought with people you completely don't know.
>miis STILL aren't available on For Glory

easily one of the dumbest decisions of smash 4

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I like to say 3 things:

• **** 2015 for all these deaths and should really go away. RIP Piper
  • **** my life for having no Wii U to enjoy the update
  • Lastly, just **** you Inafune. Why are you doing this to us?
It's Nearly been a year since Robin Williams passed.
Speaking of him has anybody watched this little hidden gem of a movie.

10 years down the line and I finally get all the extra jokes they put in there. All the very clever adult jokes they got in there.
And it had such a great cast too. This was one of my favourite roles that Robin Williams played.

D

Deleted member

oh yeah, definitely. hypernova sectonia was a kind of odd choice, but the rest were fantastic. not having gourmet race in the base game was bizarre.

nope, hyrule castle isn't there at all

the stage song there is just the smash 64 version of overworld
I just edited my post after checking, I got confused since I heard when playing
It says it's a remix but it sounds exactly like the one from ALttP

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
>miis are allowed in tournaments that can be fought with people you completely don't know.
>miis STILL aren't available on For Glory

easily one of the dumbest decisions of smash 4
No, no, it makes sense because...-
It doesn't make any ****ing sense. What gives Nintendo?
Neither.

That song has never been in the series.
I repeat.
What gives Nintendo?

Last edited:

Chrono.

oh yeah, definitely. hypernova sectonia was a kind of odd choice, but the rest were fantastic. not having gourmet race in the base game was bizarre.

nope, hyrule castle isn't there at all

the stage song there is just the smash 64 version of overworld
Y'know I wouldn't have minded at least one Tales of Symphonia song for this stage.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I wanna know what is everyone's problem with shantae?
she's a nobody compared to the other third party characters, none of the games have had a japanese release (although i'm aware of the plans), and imo neither shantae nor shovel knight are very influential indie games.
i think the only big enough indie games to mention among video game history are reimu, steve, quote, commandervideo, and maybe meat boy, and three of those five have absolutely nothing to do with nintendo.
Y'know I would've have minded at least one Tales of Symphonia for this stage.
maybe they're saving it for the golden sun stage
:')

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Neither.

That song has never been in the series.
I don't know why but I'm being way too dumb now, how did I end up getting Hyrule Castle and ALttP Overworld theme confused?
Yeah, HC(64) is a remix of the ALttP Overworld theme, this might've been due to how long it's been since I've listened to the original castle theme.
Though now that I listen to it again, I feel even dumber BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT EVEN SIMILAR

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's not very good data, but my Japanese friends who play and own Smash and my American coworkers have no idea who K. Rool is. I showed them the Mii Costume and they said "Why did they make a crocodile into a Mii costume?"

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei how do rectify the fact that Sakurai said he was aware of Roy, Ryu and Lucas' popularity Pre-Ballot and that's why they were chosen? If it was purely on popularity we would have gotten: Wolf, Lucas and Snake as they constantly ranked favorably in Pre-Ballot polls on the West and Japan. Every poll that had Ryu in it showed him ranking extremely low--much lower than a lot of 3rd parties including Shantae or Rayman (but that leak bias).

The only way to resolve the issue is to assume that there is a divide between what hardcore Smash fans want and the general population of gamers. We can't ignore that there is some confirmation bias with all the polling and data we create.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Relatively unpopular to casuals and has like 3 games, not well known outside of the more knowledgeful community, not a gaming icon at all, indie..
not dealing with you.Just not.Just saying most of our votes are coming from casuals.
she's a nobody compared to the other third party characters, none of the games have had a japanese release (although i'm aware of the plans), and imo neither shantae nor shovel knight are very influential indie games.
i think the only big enough indie games to mention among video game history are reimu, steve, quote, commandervideo, and maybe meat boy, and three of those five have absolutely nothing to do with nintendo.

maybe they're saving it for the golden sun stage
:')
I'm not even talking talking in terms of smash.Just in general seems like there's a anti-shantae vibe going around right now

Soul.

So I'm most certainly being off-topic, but Tourneys have a customs on and off feature, right?
inb4 that doesn't happen to FG

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'm not even talking talking in terms of smash.Just in general seems like there's a anti-shantae vibe going around right now
oh, fair enough. i've never played the games myself, although i've considered picking up 3 or 4 when it comes out. i don't have much of an opinion but i like virt's music so shrugs

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
not dealing with you.Just not.Just saying most of our votes are coming from casuals.

I just told you why people have problems with Shantae, and I get dismissed.

Yep, mostof our votes are from casuals, so Shantae doesn't have a chance.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
You know, I actually like playing with the classic Smash 64 stages on the 3DS version rather than the Wii U version.

It just looks better and the background actually scrolls along with you so it's not nauseating.

It's Nearly been a year since Robin Williams passed.
Speaking of him has anybody watched this little hidden gem of a movie.

10 years down the line and I finally get all the extra jokes they put in there. All the very clever adult jokes they got in there.
And it had such a great cast too. This was one of my favourite roles that Robin Williams played.
I just saw a copy of this at my new job and was tempted to buy it. It was/is a great movie. Naturally my favorite character is the one based on williams.

Also im pretty sure the game wasnt the worst thing ive ever played so thats nice

EDIT. Btw apparently lvl 9 CPU stopped being psychic so thats great

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Up Smash Levin sword hitbox size altered 3.2u → 4.3u

this is a good thing right?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not very good data, but my Japanese friends who play and own Smash and my American coworkers have no idea who K. Rool is. I showed them the Mii Costume and they said "Why did they make a crocodile into a Mii costume?".
You're right.

It's terrible data.

You know that.

I've had people not know Samus and Link but somehow knew Pit.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei how do rectify the fact that Sakurai said he was aware of Roy, Ryu and Lucas' popularity Pre-Ballot and that's why they were chosen? If it was purely on popularity we would have gotten: Wolf, Lucas and Snake as they constantly ranked favorably in Pre-Ballot polls on the West and Japan. Every poll that had Ryu in it showed him ranking extremely low--much lower than a lot of 3rd parties including Shantae or Rayman (but that leak bias).
Because you're confusing a couple of things.

Ryu is a popular character, but not a popular character request. Popularity can mean a lot of things and since this is pre-ballot they could evaluate it using very different methods.

You're making a false correlation.

The only way to resolve the issue is to assume that there is a divide between what hardcore Smash fans want and the general population of gamers. We can't ignore that there is some confirmation bias with all the polling and data we create.
Actually there are a lot of ways to figure out what the issue could be. 1 said a couple above.

But again, this is a strange way to argue this as Roy and Lucas were very high for hardcore gamers as well.

Now, I'm not trying to say popularity will trump all, but this "casuals vote for someone different" is weak.

D

Deleted member

"There's only four blue coins that you can't get without the hover nozzle."
what the ****
If you don't mind, may I ask where's your avatar from? I know you've used it for a long time, but is there any reason you keep it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm really curious if it would be possible to do a study comparing media with audience participation (e.g. the rocky horror picture show) with twitch chats. there are so many moments where the entire hive mind will recite things as if on cue.

SHINE GET

D

Deleted member

I just realised that there is no 1v1 option in tourney mode
How we're going to make the tournament work?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I just saw a copy of this at my new job and was tempted to buy it. It was/is a great movie. Naturally my favorite character is the one based on williams.

Also im pretty sure the game wasnt the worst thing ive ever played so thats nice

EDIT. Btw apparently lvl 9 CPU stopped being psychic so thats great
Everything in this trailer is just pure brilliance. The Animation absolutely brilliant and still holds up better than some movies that come out today. The comedy works so well in terms of they "build it" around the fact their robots and the use of puns are price-less
This Trailer in general takes me back to when I was a child and it first came out :D Ah the good old days.
There's actually a scene around 1:52 that makes me think of @TehEpicRyuga when someone referred to her as a he on the boards. If I remember right it was her exact reply :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a point-based game. The higher the position at the end of the match, the more points you earn.
I know that, but all the stages come from the legal stage selection AKA stages better suited for 1v1 fights.
Let's see how it turns out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom