• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Personally I think you guys are severely underestimating the amount of DLC characters Sakurai can make, that's just me though.

I'm betting my shoe that there will be 10+ characters. I can see 2 more fighter bundle packs coming.
I think smash 5 will be already on plans until there.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
While the mini-tournament is going on, let's discuss the rules for the next tournament, which should last a lot longer.

I tried to tag as many people from this thread as possible.

Thanks! I liked your Professor Pickle Mii as well.:)
Late as heck but, here's my opinion;

Rules are 1v1 no items and 3 stock. Simple and quick. Runs 2 hours.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Personally I think you guys are severely underestimating the amount of DLC characters Sakurai can make, that's just me though.

I'm betting my shoe that there will be 10+ characters. I can see 2 more fighter bundle packs coming.
I think your expectations are unrealistic. We were told outright that DLC would be limited. A total of ten would result in us getting double what we already have.

And given that the pre-ballot DLC is likely to be finished, that would mean 6 characters from the ballot. I don't see there being more than three ballot characters.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So I saw that Character Bundle #1 before I was going to bed and dismissed it as already being there..turns out it wasn't.

Anyway, here's what I think; We're getting Wolf and the top 3 newcomers from the Ballot.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I think your expectations are unrealistic. We were told outright that DLC would be limited. A total of ten would result in us getting double what we already have.

And given that the pre-ballot DLC is likely to be finished, that would mean 6 characters from the ballot. I don't see there being more than three ballot characters.
i can see 4 myself

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've realized this sooner, but...

In April, we got Mewtwo and Mii costumes. We knew Lucas was coming in June.
In June, we got Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Miiverse, Dream Land 64 and Suzaku Castle stages and Mii costumes. We knew Hyrule Castle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Tourneys and YouTube replays were coming next.
Now, we got everything as predicted, plus more Mii costumes. I think we've reached the point where t's pretty much expected that every DLC wave will have Mii costumes.

The big difference, however, is: nothing else was announced today for future releases, unlike previous times.

Is a Nintendo Direct coming in August? Will we get some sort of announcement at least?

Can't help but wonder.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Tiny K. Rool looks hilarious

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
3 is just the number I'm comfortable at. I could see there being between 2-6.
my reasons for 4 are 3 fold 1 it mirrors the original smash's starting roster(8 total dlc characters) 2 it "fixes the roster" by moving the rest of zelda characters to be with link and 3 its a nice round number

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I've realized this sooner, but...

In April, we got Mewtwo and Mii costumes. We knew Lucas was coming in June.
In June, we got Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Miiverse, Dream Land 64 and Suzaku Castle stages and Mii costumes. We knew Hyrule Castle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Tourneys and YouTube replays were coming next.
Now, we got everything as predicted, plus more Mii costumes. I think we've reached the point where t's pretty much expected that every DLC wave will have Mii costumes.

The big difference, however, is: nothing else was announced today for future releases, unlike previous times.

Is a Nintendo Direct coming in August? Will we get some sort of announcement at least?

Can't help but wonder.
I still want to know more about this game.

Are we getting an Amiibo Line of it. As hinted by that Amiibo icon in the top. It would be rather lack-luster Sonic being the only one from his side in Amiibo form.
Are we getting New characters like: Diddy, Nabbit, Jet, Rouge, Sticks??
I want a new direct for Smash and Mario Kart and those sort of things.
But I really want to know more on this unlike many others.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still have this idea in my head that we will get a pack 2 in October consisting of four new characters. It's probably because 8 total was my pregame release likely number for DLC.

I would say I'm setting myself up for disappointment if not for the fact that I don't really care who or what we get as DLC at this point. It's all bonus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because of my wounds, it hurts to smile, after I told my sister this she gave me a pot of nutella from her vacation. It said 'Smile!' She meant it well
I still want to know more about this game.

Are we getting an Amiibo Line of it. As hinted by that Amiibo icon in the top. It would be rather lack-luster Sonic being the only one from his side in Amiibo form.
Are we getting New characters like: Diddy, Nabbit, Jet, Rouge, Sticks??
I want a new direct for Smash and Mario Kart and those sort of things.
But I really want to know more on this unlike many others.
I'd kill for a Metal Sonic amiibo

Chrono.

I still have this idea in my head that we will get a pack 2 in October consisting of four new characters. It's probably because 8 total was my pregame release likely number for DLC.

I would say I'm setting myself up for disappointment if not for the fact that I don't really care who or what we get as DLC at this point. It's all bonus.
I think this is more plausible now with Fighter Bundle #1 having exactly 4 characters.

Maybe Wave 2 will have 4 characters that are ballot influenced rather than 4 characters who were popular via word of mouth.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
One more thing before I announce everything regarding the tourney.

Should we be able to choose the stages or should they be random from the regularly tournament legal ones?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think this is more plausible now with Fighter Bundle #1 having exactly 4 characters.

Maybe Wave 2 will have 4 characters that are ballot influenced rather than 4 characters who were popular via word of mouth.
3 might make sense as I believe the bundle is labled "DLC Bundle 1+2" in Japan. They already released 3 characters at once, so that might be them working at character development capacity with the staff they have.

D

Deleted member

Just bought FE8 and Metroid Fusion. Goodbye lovelies!
FE8 is Sacred Stones, right?
If so, just a tip: in Chapter 13, you have to survive 11 turns, but do NOT kill the boss too early otherwise you'll lose the chance to recruit a certain unit
Believe me, I made that mistake

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay, wtf FE8? There's a cutscene in the beginning which has Seth automatically fight, he dodged the hit yet the dialogue implies that shouldn't have happened
He was supposed to get hit and lose HP. At least, that's what happened in my file.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Uhhh....why Mario Kart?

Mario Kart 8 DLC is finished.
I don't particuarlly mean Mario Kart. It was just the first game I thought of when Implying I wanted to see more than just Mario And Sonic And Smash. Plus I wouldn't mind more. But I just chose it because it was the first thing that came to mind :p
At least it will make it easier to weed out decent fakes

Hmmm btw anyone know the font used for the song list?
We are the Leaks Group.

Because of my wounds, it hurts to smile, after I told my sister this she gave me a pot of nutella from her vacation. It said 'Smile!' She meant it well
I'd kill for a Metal Sonic amiibo
Eat your heart out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom