• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't think K.Rool is out of the running and I'm not even particularly rooting for him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's not forget that Mii costumes are substantially easier to make than a full character.

They just have to create new models. They don't need to make new animations or moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Interesting that the Samus outfit doesn't come with a new helmet but force unlocks it if you haven't been playing the game enough.
That's because the helmet used is from Other M, just like the Varia Suit itself. It makes perfect sense to keep it consistent.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Do you personally think K. Rool being a playable DLC character is disconfirmed?
After Samus' Mii Fighter costume, I don't think it's concrete that he's out. I do however think his chances are now very, very small.

He's in a class of his own right now. But it's not as grim as it is for characters like Ridley, Waluigi, Dunban, Chrom, Tingle, Takamaru etc.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
After Samus' Mii Fighter costume, I don't think it's concrete that he's out. I do however think his chances are now very, very small.

He's in a class of his own right now. But it's not as grim as it is for characters like Ridley, Waluigi, Dunban, Chrom, Tingle, Takamaru etc.
I'm surprised that we didn't get a Takamaru costume for the Miis.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm surprised that we didn't get a Takamaru costume for the Miis.
I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see one. But I wouldn't colour myself surprised if we never got one. There seems to be no rhythm or rhyme to the costumes, and the bar is set a lot lower for 3rd Parties, so we've seen Lloyd, Zero and Jacky get them.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Let's not forget that Mii costumes are substantially easier to make than a full character.

They just have to create new models. They don't need to make new animations or moves.
Um, no kidding. That's why popular characters who didn't quite make it as playable got the consolation prize of a Mii outfit...What point are you even trying to prove here? Everyone knows this.

If anything, that makes it worse for K. Rool's chances. Depending on how quickly they can actually be made, this could have been started at the beginning of July, or even more recently...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Smash 5 will simply have all the DLC mii costumes promoted to real characters. IB4 Monkey, Cat and Bear jokes.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wonder if Smash 5 will simply have all the DLC mii costumes promoted to real characters. IB4 Monkey, Cat and Bear jokes.
Doubt it. Chrom and Dunban already have other roles. And I sincerely doubt we'll get like 4 Mega Man characters next game.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You say that, buut I do want Nintencats as a playable character. Also I can't wait for Smash 5 were Sakurai cuts the Nintendog assist trophy and replaces it with a different breed of dog. :troll:

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Do you think costumes of characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae or Geno are possible?
Shovel knight: maybe but they need to contact another company for it, so it will take a time

Shantae: Male mii wear Shantae costume? lol nope

Geno: oh this is a tricky question, the fans has been waiting and asking since 19 YEARS just to see him back in a game again, would nintendo rather revive Geno in Smash since he was requested since melee wich means for VERY LONG time? or would they rather revive him in a mario game? or would they just say "take a costume" after all of those years of waiting?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think there's a lot of third pary Mii costumes because dividing up the money is easier when it's just the one piece of DLC rather than a whole game.

From Squeenix's end a Geno costume would be free money. Give, Nintendo the rights, let Nintendo make the costume, get a cut for every costume sold. The problem is on Nintendo's end. Is it worth all that negotiation for a cult character that not everyone would buy and may just piss off some people because they'd take nothing less than a full character.?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It's possible that Sakurai intended some sort of KRool repping all along, but never had time.

I no longer think it'll inform the ballot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think there's a lot of third pary Mii costumes because dividing up the money is easier when it's just the one piece of DLC rather than a whole game.

From Squeenix's end a Geno costume would be free money. Give, Nintendo the rights, let Nintendo make the costume, get a cut for every costume sold. The problem is on Nintendo's end. Is it worth all that negotiation for a cult character that not everyone would buy and may just piss off some people because they'd take nothing less than a full character.?
This is why I think Geno being a costume hinges on Square-Enix first getting a character. It's very easy to negotiate a costume when there's already major content as is. Note how all the 3rd party costumes are solely from Capcom, Bandai-Namco, and Sega. There's a reason for that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So far, the Mii costumes from 3rd party series have been from:
- Mega Man (Capcom)
- Tekken (Bandai Namco)
- Tales (Bandai Namco)
- Virtua Fighter (Sega)

It tells me it's easier to get rights of series from companies already part of the game.

Not saying it's impossible to have 3rd party series costumes from other companies, but I think they're unlikelier.

However, I think one possible company that doesn't have any characters in the game but could have Mii costumes would be Ubisoft, considering Rayman has a few trophies in the Wii U version.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Morning all. Tourney mode is decent but the lag was real when played in it.
But I have one question for you all.
How would you personally feel if the next character Bundle was:
Wolf, K Rool, Isaac and Chorus Men. With more on the way.
I would be ecstatic if those first three got in and anything else would be icing on my already delicious cake.

Just read the smashboards patch potes.

Robin getting buffs is great and all but samus didnt get anything :/

Sakurai confirmed to hate metroid :trill:

I wonder if for glory spam has anything to do with this. . .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's an amazing story, just so... painful to read...

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

I know you have experience teaching in Japan.

If I may ask, what happens to the disabled children?
Disable children have one of two options available:

1) attend public school but potentially hold up the class/attend disabled classes which aren't as engaging. Case in point, I had a 7th grader who was awesome at English but was confined to a wheelchair so he was unable to attend English classes despite wanting to. The disabled classes didn't cover art, music, p.e., and English.

2) you can attend a Special Education School dedicated to teaching disabled students and helping them. However, if they are to enter in junior high, they are unable to transfer back to regular public junior high and high school. In addition, they have less chances in getting into a good university.

Many parents choose to keep thier children in public school despite the obvious set backs.

Moving out tomorrow from my home that I've been at for 5 years. At least I'll be moving about 2 hours away so I can come back for a visit. I'm also running on zero sleep as my wife and I have been mad cleaning our apartment. The board of Education daily checks our progress. And as we have a cat, we have to clean harder. Sadly, our new apartment won't have internet until August 29th :/

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The activity is insanely low today.
I'm kinda getting stuck in with the new DLC right now.

Does any other Toon Link player like to take out the Wind Waker every time an opponent gets caught into the little tornado's....? Or is that just me? :T

If Toon Link where to ever get the Ballad of Gales as his Final Smash, this is kinda how I envisioned it to work like.....

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Disable children have one of two options available:

1) attend public school but potentially hold up the class/attend disabled classes which aren't as engaging. Case in point, I had a 7th grader who was awesome at English but was confined to a wheelchair so he was unable to attend English classes despite wanting to. The disabled classes didn't cover art, music, p.e., and English.

2) you can attend a Special Education School dedicated to teaching disabled students and helping them. However, if they are to enter in junior high, they are unable to transfer back to regular public junior high and high school. In addition, they have less chances in getting into a good university.

Many parents choose to keep thier children in public school despite the obvious set backs.
Can sadly confirm everything that Venus has said. For a long time, Japan only had special schools for disabled people (School for the blind, school for the deaf, etc). Special needs children who didn't fit into those categories were often forced to attend regular schools without the proper attention they needed. I think very recently Japan has adopted some U.N. commitment to addressing special needs education (I think aiming for an integration based education system), but not much progress has been accomplished on it as far as I know.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can sadly confirm everything that Venus has said. For a long time, Japan only had special schools for disabled people (School for the blind, school for the deaf, etc). Special needs children who didn't fit into those categories were often forced to attend regular schools without the proper attention they needed. I think very recently Japan has adopted some U.N. commitment to addressing special needs education (I think aiming for an integration based education system), but not much progress has been accomplished on it as far as I know.
I know of one special needs teacher who was previously a PE teacher who "decided" to become a special needs teacher. Decided as in basically forced to. He hated the work and showed zero ethusiasm in his work and students. However, that aside, I've met some great special needs teachers who really love the job and students.

Congrats on the modship! I also see Frostwraith also was remodded.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay so i just saw someone do an unboxing of the animal crossing amiibo cards....yes i said unboxing...as in they bought a booster box

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I know of one special needs teacher who was previously a PE teacher who "decided" to become a special needs teacher. Decided as in basically forced to. He hated the work and showed zero ethusiasm in his work and students. However, that aside, I've met some great special needs teachers who really love the job and students.

Congrats on the modship! I also see Frostwraith also was remodded.
Thanks. Are you still in Kumamoto? I have family friends in Kumamoto, so I've been there a few times. I remember the last time I went, Kumamon was everywhere in the train station. I'm in the Kansai area. If I remember correctly, I think you did some blogging in the past for Smash. Let me know if you ever feel like starting up again!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So that Samus costume has lessened K. Rool's deconfirmation status by like 10%.
Not really. Once again, it does nothing the Link costume didn't already do, and it's still a different case (Costume for a character on the roster =/= Costume being released and then a character released later).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not really. Once again, it does nothing the Link costume didn't already do, and it's still a different case (Costume for a character on the roster =/= Costume being released and then a character released later).
It's very slightly different as it's 100% the same character (Link is arguably different). Regardless I don't think K. Rool has got much of a chance.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom you left your position as a moderator? It's been a while since I've last seen you, how's things?
Lots of changes which will keep me from actively doing my job. Plus, my interest in gaming in general is at an all time low.

Thanks. Are you still in Kumamoto? I have family friends in Kumamoto, so I've been there a few times. I remember the last time I went, Kumamon was everywhere in the train station. I'm in the Kansai area. If I remember correctly, I think you did some blogging in the past for Smash. Let me know if you ever feel like starting up again!
Yep. I managed to find a position in the area as my wive's family lives here. We will be moving out tomorrow, living with them for 2 weeks, and the moving into our new apartment.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's very slightly different as it's 100% the same character (Link is arguably different). Regardless I don't think K. Rool has got much of a chance.
Yeah, but it's still based off a character already in the game.

There's still no precedent for a character being a Mii Fighter costume first and then getting upgraded to a fully playable character, and at least two of the costumes we've gotten are from characters who were turned down from the main roster.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lots of changes which will keep me from actively doing my job. Plus, my interest in gaming in general is at an all time low.
I see, you where a very good and helpful moderator too. I wish you the best of luck with the changes that have been going on for you them. I hope to see you around still though from time to time at least. ^^

Strofirko

Smash Master
2 things bug me, first thing is my bleeding mouth, the other thing is the Mii Costume trailer. It's the first Smash trailer to use music not in smash, said track playing during the Lloyd Costume. What does this mean?
This means that you missed virtua fighter/splatoon song on wave 2 trailer.

Also bless your mouth.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
2 things bug me, first thing is my bleeding mouth, the other thing is the Mii Costume trailer. It's the first Smash trailer to use music not in smash, said track playing during the Lloyd Costume. What does this mean?
speaking of that trailer, what is the name of the track that plays in Lloyd section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom