• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Believe me when I say I'm normally all for customs.
but since having them on can also mean having equipment on without people noticing... yeaaaaah.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You guys, does the Tournament Mode work offline as well? Like Tournaments were in the past Smash games? Can't seem to get answers to that. :/

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
When @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and I brought our concerns about the Dr. Mario stage over to Reddit, along with my aspect ratio gif, they almost universally derided us, and anyone who agreed with us. Comparisons to all the attempts to discredit the ESRB leak were made. They said it was impossible to fake. They said it was too boring a stage to waste time faking. Downvotes were given to anyone that suggested otherwise. One person in particular insisted it could not be photoshop because there'd be "artifacts."

And lo and behold, it was photoshop. Like I said it was.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

It is at this point where we are in a very awkward position.

We only know one thing.

• We are eventually getting more characters.

And that's literally all we know about the future of Smash 4.

Everything that was previously announced has been released.

• We don't know about any characters in development.
  • We don't know about any stages in development.
  • We don't know about any modes in development.
  • Heck we don't even know about any new Mii costumes.

We know nothing. I don't think this will be for very long.

I think we can expect more reveals soon. Like early August soon.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
When @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and I brought our concerns about the Dr. Mario stage over to Reddit, along with my aspect ratio gif, they almost universally derided us, and anyone who agreed with us. Comparisons to all the attempts to discredit the ESRB leak were made. They said it was impossible to fake. They said it was too boring a stage to waste time faking. Downvotes were given to anyone that suggested otherwise. One person in particular insisted it could not be photoshop because there'd be "artifacts."

Link to the reddit thread?

I'm in need of some lulz today

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Haha, even now I am not getting replies. I have asked in at least four other forums, does no one really know if there are Tournament Mode for Offline like in all other Smash games? :s I can't use my Wii-U to update right now, and literally no one seems to know despite everyone having updated already.

*sits in corner*

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So...

We only know one thing.

Yeah, it's a weird feeling. There's no more 'well, we have the Tourney Mode update' coming. We could literally be waiting months and months until we know more.

Although, to be honest, I thin they'll tease us with a few things, then surprise us in a Direct like they did at E3, e.g. announce say Wolf, and then the night prior to release also reveal some newcomers and stages.

Personally I think early August might be too soon. Maybe late August early Oct.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Haha, even now I am not getting replies. I have asked in at least four other forums, does no one really know if there are Tournament Mode for Offline like in all other Smash games? :s I can't use my Wii-U to update right now, and literally no one seems to know despite everyone having updated already.

*sits in corner*
Nope, it's not offline.

So...

We only know one thing.

I think we should be getting ready for ballot content really soon.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Nope, it's not offline.

I think we should be getting ready for ballot content really soon.
Thank you kindly, Penguin, I have tried to get a answer to that for forever now, haha.

... and that is a huge disappointment. I was excited for a Offline Tournament Mode ever since I heard of the tournament. :( Sigh.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Yup, Im annoyed with how people were straight up calling me stupid for calling it bluff.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Woah. Did I miss a tournament?

Also great effort on that fake leak, gameonion. Despite some of the flaws that was exposed (with the fatal blow being vaanrose's aspect ratio pic), it was a pretty fun one.

And shame on Reddit for being a sad excuse of a community.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I found out there's a Black Knight costume.

The helmet covers the face and all.

I'm glad to see some Fire Emblem love in the costumes. Chrom and Black Knight are solid choices for costumes.

Loving the DLC stages. I never played Smash 64, so Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle are basically new stages for me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
For the Mii fans, you can scan the official Miis they used for promotion of the Mii outfits on the official site.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Uair KBG 100 -> 95, BKB 40 -> 55
This is for Ike, I'm not too smart on this, is this good or bad?
KBG is knockback growth (also known as knockback scaling), and KBK is base knockback. So Ike's uair got a slight decrease in its knockback scaling, while it got a moderate increase in its base knockback. Don't have KO percentages on hand, but this is certainly a buff, as it's going to be KOing earlier at short distances (which being a uair, is more important as you're going to be hitting people near the upper blastline with them), and the increased base knockback means it'll benefit more from rage.

As for something unrelated to this question aimed at the thread in general, can people verify nerfs before ******** about them? Go see this thread for confirmed changes, not reddit where placebo, inadequately tested claims, and hasty overreactions reign. And as you all can see, Mewtwo has been overall buffed thus far (not to a significant degree, but it's clearly not some sort of nerfing some posts in the thread earlier made it sound like).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting that the Samus outfit doesn't come with a new helmet but force unlocks it if you haven't been playing the game enough.

Who got buffed and who got nerfed?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We just got a Samus outfit in this patch. We have a DLC Link outfit too.

We have a ton of hats based on playable characters in the base game.

Mii costumes can overlap with playable characters.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

Has this been noted?
Because they would totally say "Yep, characters with costumes won't ever become playable," if that were the case, amirite?

They wouldn't allude to anything one way or the other, so this means nothing.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I would rather hear an official statement from Sakurai himself in regards to what's going on. (Or I guess from Nintendo of Japan at least) As very unlikely as that would be.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom