• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OHMYGOD I'M CRYING I SAW A POKEMON FREE FOR ALL AND THE GUY WHO GOT A CRITICAL HIT LOST BECAUSE OF IT
Pokemon free for all is a multi battle, but you don't team up. only a Mienshao, Giratina and Raikou where left, the pokemon were chosen by a RNG device. Mienshao had 48 HP and spammed fake out so it didn't die to Life Orb, and everyone left it alone. Giratina attacks Raikou, but Mienshao betrays Raikou and accidentally kills it, the plan was leting Raikou weaken Giratina so a KnockOff would kill it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I return from my Break from SmashBoards to this.
Daw hell I can't wait for Smash 4 Doubles.
The Team will Never Die.:4ness::4villagerf:

EDIT: I also hear Mr. Iwata's Funeral is tomorrow.
The same day these three Amiibo release. And it is that reason that I will cherish the three of them.
:4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar:
Those 3 are out tomorrow? Any exclusive?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What my friend from Japan is going to import to me:

This is more than I can ask for as a Yokai Watch fan, I am so thankful of her for doing this.
Embarrass

Last edited:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/1...-like-to-see-as-support-in-pokken-tournament/
OHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGOD!
Who're you going to pick? I don't do twitter, put I'm fond of most popular pokemon
I dont want to vote on support pokemon I want to vote on playable pokemon. :urg:

I refuse to believe in a world that Geno is currently more popular than BDee. At least this is one poll
pretty sure bandana dee is directly over geno
1.79% BD
1.69% Geno

Ridley managed to stay in top 3 for 1st party though so that's cool.
wonder red however did terribly </3

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It took me 2 days to unlock all the characters.... It didnt seem as fun, but to each their own.
Honestly, I agree. A sense of advancement and progression in games is one of my favorite things -- it's probably why I love the Metroid and Zelda series, and similar games -- and unlocking all of the characters in Melee was such a satisfying thing for me. In Brawl it still felt a little satisfying because I did some of it outside the SSE, and even with the ones I did unlock via that, it still felt like you were doing something to unlock that character specifically. Smash 4's method was just really boring for me and took no time at all. Unlike with Melee and Brawl, with a decent gap in multiplayer matches to unlock the next character, it hardly makes sense to do anything but that in Smash 4.

That kind of thing certainly has its benefits, like if you lose your data somehow, and I know not everybody gets enjoyment out of having to unlock everything, so this is purely based on my opinion. But I wish there were more effort required to unlock characters, like an actual concerted effort, and not just playing with your friends for a little while (or doing 1 stock high damage ratio handicap matches for 30 minutes on your own). Granted, Melee is one of my favorite Smash games (I haven't played it since I got 4, so I've yet to see how it stacks up to that for me, but it was my favorite before that), but I've gone through and re-unlocked all of the characters and stages on Melee a number of times just for kicks. I mean, I could do without another Mewtwo, but otherwise I liked that system better.

Chrono.

Reckless Wiimote guy is there and kinda too high for someone who's just a safety advert

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I liked unlocking characters in Melee, it was fun and satisfying, but in Smash 4 it's obvious they wanted a "pick-up-and-play" approach and that's what they should have gone with.
Sakurai said the only reason the Wii U version had unlockables was because people liked unlocking stuff and it was last minute iirc.
****ing dumb that he almost made us have to unlock Mii custom moves

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sakurai said the only reason the Wii U version had unlockables was because people liked unlocking stuff and it was last minute iirc.
****ing dumb that he almost made us have to unlock Mii custom moves
This. Actually everything but Trophies, Music and maybe 1 or 2 stages should have been unlocked from the start.

Custom unlocking is pretty much spam Smash Run/Crazy Orders until you unlock everything.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Chrono.

A big reason why I was so meh on unlockables this time around was because most of it was old stuff that should've been in. (the music is a big offender of this, most of them were Brawl remixes)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm here to conduct a quick survey on Balloon Fighter.
Vote yes or no for Balloon Fighter:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364042x5eae4Bc5-14
Id say yes to Balloon Fighter. I want him to have some really fun floating mechanics.

Also, vote for Support Pokemon in Pokken? Thats really not fun at all. Youre just deconfirming one playable Pokemon, and its not as fun as voting for a playable one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom