• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Behind the back (3D) is how battles start. Certain moves done in this mode if hit change the battle to a more 2D side view (and 2D movement) where battles focus more on close range combat that lasts until a timer runs out (and I believe certain moves can transition it back to 3D behind the back)
How this translates to a single screen on say, a console is anyone's guess.
So, does the game have a screen for each player (in the arcade version)?

I hope we get Mario Party 1 or Smash Bros on the eShop today. Will take Yoshi's Story as well.
From what I've seen it seems very similar to the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games.
Why today specifically?
Also, lame. Hopefully we can get a different perspective option on consoles.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Behind the back (3D) is how battles start. Certain moves done in this mode if hit change the battle to a more 2D side view (and 2D movement) where battles focus more on close range combat that lasts until a timer runs out (and I believe certain moves can transition it back to 3D behind the back)

How this translates to a single screen on say, a console is anyone's guess.
Exactly what Neo Zero said. Pokkén Tournament is pretty much a Naruto Ninja Storm fighter with Tekken style elements to it. It makes a lot of sense with the 3D movement since Pokémon have to roam around to avoid moves and such, just like in the anime. The 2D Tekken style makes it more intense and reminiscent to Tekken and other normal fighters out there.

Seriously dying to play Pokkén, someone please buy me a plane ticket to Japan.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Battle Arenas are small enough where I doubt split screen would be needed. Tekken has good camera work so I'm confident this will too

Edit: I couldn't tell you 100% but I'm fairly sure all fighter arcade cabs use two cabs for any kind of PvP, one for each person (more for things like the Gundam VS series)

Last edited:

Soul.

tbh, I can care less if the game plays like the Ninja Storm series. It'll be fine.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Blaziken reminds me a lot of Ken. So I like the style

I know what pun you're gonna make so don't even try it won't be funny

tbh, I can care less if the game plays like the Ninja Storm series. It'll be fine.
They're damn good games despite being well....Naruto. It craps all over the DBZ games I know that but this isn't made by CyberConnect because they have a distinct engine and majority of their games run a 30 fps

D

Deleted member

Blaziken reminds me a lot of Ken. So I like the style

I know what pun you're gonna make so don't even try it won't be funny
Blaze it Ken
420Ken
:troll:
sorrynotsorry
#noregrets

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm late to the favorite pokemon of each generation, but I'm still getting in on this.
It's already better than Gates to Infinity based off the starter choice and the return of hunger. The story seems pretty good too. I think it can definitely give Sky a run for it's money.
Really? ugh, I HATED hunger. don't see how it's better by hindering how much gold you can keep in your pocekts.

But lopbunnies are 50% male.
U no lyk manly Lopbunny?

http://wpgdea.deviantart.com/art/Lopunny-144958936
Oh, god....the filth I scrolled through to find this.....
[cries]
beautiful okay LET'S NOT talk about my spelling
i feel it, i had to find a lopunny comic once. glad i saved it.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
People talking about Pokespe and no one tagged me? Man, I might need to take a break from Hitoshi Ariga avatars.

The original arcs are okay, especially given the lack of plot to the originals. GRB is the best of those three arcs IMO, as I think it's aged the best and has the most charm. The rest I think got a little bit too carried away with the originality of their plots, albeit I found it creative to see them tie in Blue's (the girl) original backstory. The world needs more Gold BTW.

RS I think got a little too ambitious, and I don't like how Sapphire doesn't contribute much in the final battle. Ruby's a great character, but the focus shouldn't be completely on him to the point it interferes with others. Still this is the arc that I think brought things closer to the games than ever and further cemented the manga as the best media adaptation of the series IMO.

FRLG was fantastic, though the cliffhanger/Mewtwo Strikes Back thing was kind of weird. Emerald was good and it was great to see things be bought full circle.

DP I think was a tad too slow, and none of the characters I found to be that interesting bar Diamond's dopeyness and Platina acting like a princess. Platinum was more or less a continuation rather than a new story arc.

HGSS was rushed IMO, though Gold was as fun as ever. Kind of cool to see it tie into DP, though it makes me wonder just how long Team Galactic took to get their plans together.

BW I need to read straight through, but holy crap is N & Team Plasma creepy, and their hypocritical nature bugs me more than in the game. Dat cliffhanger was great, albeit White not doing crap, and I hope B2W2 builds upon that. Am still iffy on having their be two new characters, but Lacktwo being 007 seems fun, while Hitetwo has the potential to become the best written female lead thus far.

XY & ORAS I can't make much of yet. Y seems like fun, and Team Flare is almost on par with Team Plasma in terms of being evil. I really hope Z comes out so we can see what happens to Fenniken now that it's owned by Malva. ORAS seems like it may be cramming too much into the story, IDK given we're years away from a Volume release. And **** it, Ruby so far is the only one doing anything.

tldr IMO: FRLG > RS/Emerald/BW > GRB/HGSS >DP/P > Yellow/GSC

Great manga. Any Pokemon fan, or really any manga fan, should read it.

Black and Rudy are great characters, but I just don't like how they push Sapphire and White to the sidelines in major battles and character development (albeit White was an improvement). Sadly it seems like ORAS is more or less doing the same thing so far.

Black beat Red? Naw. Although, Emerald did beat him I think.
I still think believe the original RBG - GSC is the best the series achieve in plain story telling and characters. It felt like i was a good and i can still go back for a good read.

RS i feel the same its not bad but they tried way to many and they just didnt connect all the time. Ruby and Sapphire as characters are still good my favorites actually despite there arc not living up to the hype

FR/LG i felt was to serious its a personal thing but i feel that the kanto trio is the less serious of the dex holders so i just feel reading it.Especially Red he seemed OOC.Mewtwo and Green were still awesome and the cliffhanger was just right

Emerald is my least favorites arc.Just didn't like it emerald is my least favorite Dex holder and i really dont believe he could beat Red,Green or Ruby if they were at there 100%

Dp is an ok arc nothing bad but nothing great. I like diamond and pearl relationship it was funny and a nice change of pace form what were used to

Platinum is one of my favorite arcs despite ot being something thar could have been in DP

HG/SS Is good rushed but its nice to have the Best set of dex holders back even for a bit.Also no lyra os a huge disappointment

BW i lovvvve BW it really got me back into the manga.I really like black and white as characters.I enjoy what with black gimmick of having to use pokemon to clear his head because hes dream were that big.And that cliff hanger ****s on the FG One

XY and ORAS seems promising i like X and how he was just born a great a great battler and ORAS seems like its gonna be action pack but i could do without jealous sapph

Yellow>GSC>RBG>BW>RS>HG/SS>PLATINUM>DP>XYORAS>emerald

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Does anyone know what Mew2King's NNID is?

I want to know if who I was just fighting on For Glory wasn't a troll.
No, I don't, but the odds are good it was actually a troll. I can't tell you how many times I've faced "ZeRo", "Dabuz" and other tourney players online. Oddly, they weren't so good. I have faced some doppelgangers online that were decent, but still obviously not the actual person. On the flipside, though, I did randomly meet up with SeagullJoe on For Glory once, so anything's possible.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
before a console version will be released we will get at least 6 more pokemon in pokken
(theres enough room for 6 at the very least)
1 is blaziken(duh) so lets come up with a list of pokemon we'd like to see in pokken

my top 10....because why not
1. cuebone
2. breloom
3. greninja
4. hawlucha
5. goodra
6. galvantula
7. kabutops
8. ursarang
9. toxicroak
10. nidoking

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Nintendo's next CEO will keep up the directs and if so will he appear like Iwata did or will they hire someone else to fill in the role?

A time of uncertainty all around.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Where were you able to read everything?

I had to stop in the DP arc because no one had the rest translated.

I may have to reread it all. :p
http://jb2448.info/

Actually every arc has been localized in full except for those that are still on-going in Japan.* Though BW is only complete through mini-volumes, albeit they've started to release regular volumes recently.

You can find every volume up to 51, and most of 52 translated at this point online. A couple XY chapters have been translated, and ORAS has had all but the most recent 2-3 chapters translated (though you can also read it online in Japanese for free and find summaries on Serebii.net.

*Albeit they've been censored as badly as 4Kids. Picked up Volume 28 the other day, and they changed it from Emerald peeing on Ruby/Sapphire, to dropping soda on them. :facepalm:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Pokken is out in Japan.

Some videos have been put up on Youtube, it looks like the 8 we've gotten is what the initial roster is for the arcade release. So if any new Pokémon are revealed in the livestream, they'll likely be done in the same way Blaziken is and added later.
No surprise there. I think the fact that we just learned of a character that'll be added in a future update made it pretty clear that Charizard and Weavile were the final characters on the initial roster.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
New translation by Sutamen:
"Final Testing" - Sakurai discusses debugging process for 3DS. Says the ERSB leak was "unfortunate" (Though, unfortunately not much else!!). by @digitaleyes

Great read as it gives valuable insight in how they debug Smash.

Upcoming translations/ projects:
Collection of Sakurai quotes on competitive play...just in time for Evo! (Later today...!) by Soma

Sakurai's thoughts on the picture of the day, and the history behind the service (tomorrow?) by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn --95!

Information about Little Mac (two days from now??) by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn - 96!

Did you Know...Misinformation? - 97?

Smash for Timeline by @IntelliHeath1 , @ PushDustIn PushDustIn - 98?

Point, Counter Point: Gematsu by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn -99?

and...for my 100th Source Gaming post:

The History Behind Wario's Design (tentative title) by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn

Reflection on 101 posts - 100 by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn

The order for the ones with a ? might change. It depends on what I can get done/ feel like working on.

I'm pretty stoked about reaching 100 posts on Source Gaming in the near future! I'm hoping to surpass 100 by next Friday! Wish me luck >.<

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Says the ERSB leak was "unfortunate" (Though, unfortunately not much else!!).
If I was Sakurai, I would more be flabbergasted than anything else. Smash 4 is probably the most leaked game in the series! Ranging from the Gematsu guy, to the photos of the ESRB, the file mishap in the 1.0.6 update and finally Nintendo accidently releasing the 1.0.8 update in Japan. It was so bad, Ryu and Roy got leaked twice! I realize this was probably before Ryu and Roy were in development, but it just shocks me that Sakurai hasn't gotten tired of it yet XD.

Chrono.

Pokken is out in Japan.

Some videos have been put up on Youtube, it looks like the 8 we've gotten is what the initial roster is for the arcade release. So if any new Pokémon are revealed in the livestream, they'll likely be done in the same way Blaziken is and added later.
I wonder if it's got a final boss at all.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If I was Sakurai, I would more be flabbergasted than anything else. Smash 4 is probably the most leaked game in the series! Ranging from the Gematsu guy, to the photos of the ESRB, the file mishap in the 1.0.6 update and finally Nintendo accidently releasing the 1.0.8 update in Japan. It was so bad, Ryu and Roy got leaked twice! I realize this was probably before Ryu and Roy were in development, but it just shocks me that Sakurai hasn't gotten tired of it yet XD.
That's due to how crazy Smash is that people want any and everything on its information.

Brawl was the biggest example due to how it leaked but it was in Japan and the U.S. Release wasn't until 3-4 months later.

Smash has gotten that big to where Sakurai should just say "**** Secrets" and have everything revealed from beginning to launch because it's gonna be leaked eventually and pretending that it won't will hurt it more.

We keep saying leaks suck and they ruin the hype but we know damn well we will be all over them within a matter of minutes and be spoil by it crazy and love it.

Khoru

Smash Champion
none of it was as good as the time david hayter leaked jigglypuff

D

Deleted member

I really like the animation and voice acting, they fit the characters very well, Laylee especially.

Playtonic should do another kickstarter for an animated series, followed by a movie. :troll:
I will admit, for a fan project, this is really good. Reminds me that I actually want Yooka-Laylee.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That's due to how crazy Smash is that people want any and everything on its information.

Brawl was the biggest example due to how it leaked but it was in Japan and the U.S. Release wasn't until 3-4 months later.

Smash has gotten that big to where Sakurai should just say "**** Secrets" and have everything revealed from beginning to launch because it's gonna be leaked eventually and pretending that it won't will hurt it more.

We keep saying leaks suck and they ruin the hype but we know damn well we will be all over them within a matter of minutes and be spoil by it crazy and love it.
And then our hype is ruined for that one moment of joy. To be honest, I like the way things are going on right now. Leaks are just a really fun part of fan speculation. Keeping things a secret just keeps us curious and wanting more.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And then our hype is ruined for that one moment of joy. To be honest, I like the way things are going on right now. Leaks are just a really fun part of fan speculation. Keeping things a secret just keeps us curious and wanting more.
True. But I'm probably the only guy here who's kinda tired of the secret characters thing and rather just show all the hidden characters right at launch with a trailer.

Hell Smash 5's first trailer should just show

Original 12
:4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4dk::4link::4kirby::4fox::4samus::4ness::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4falcon:

3 Melee vets
:4bowser::4zelda::4marth:
3 Brawl vets
:4charizard::4pit::4olimar:
3 Smash 4 reps
:4littlemac::4villager::4wiifit:

And finish with 3 newcomers

Khoru

Smash Champion
True. But I'm probably the only guy here who's kinda tired of the secret characters thing and rather just show all the hidden characters right at launch with a trailer.

Hell Smash 5's first trailer should just show

Original 12
:4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4dk::4link::4kirby::4fox::4samus::4ness::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4falcon:

3 Melee vets
:4bowser::4zelda::4marth:
3 Brawl vets
:4charizard::4pit::4olimar:
3 Smash 4 reps
:4littlemac::4villager::4wiifit:

And finish with 3 newcomers
they're totally gonna hold yoshi off for like 6 months again

Chrono.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have a story mode from what I can find, so no final boss either.
No story isn't much of an excuse, especially when you look at the Tag Tournament games.

Hopefully they add one in future updates.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
they're totally gonna hold yoshi off for like 6 months again
Actually more later than that. He was supposed to be revealed in March going by the pattern (after :4diddy:) but he had a complete model redesign but then I remember :4bowser: being in the first trailer and having a complete overhaul on moveset and model. All that just to Stand up right.

I'm more upset :4metaknight: came so late

Chrono.

As much as I like unlocking characters, even I have to admit its getting tiresome to unlock Jigglypuff/Ness in every game.

I think one half of the newcomers should be starters while the rest should be unlockables.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
As much as I like unlocking characters, even I have to admit its getting tiresome to unlock Jigglypuff/Ness in every game.

I think one half of the newcomers should be starters while the rest should be unlockables.
It took me 2 days to unlock all the characters.... It didnt seem as fun, but to each their own.

D

Deleted member

New translation by Sutamen:
"Final Testing" - Sakurai discusses debugging process for 3DS. Says the ERSB leak was "unfortunate" (Though, unfortunately not much else!!). by @digitaleyes

Great read as it gives valuable insight in how they debug Smash.

Upcoming translations/ projects:
Collection of Sakurai quotes on competitive play...just in time for Evo! (Later today...!) by Soma

Sakurai's thoughts on the picture of the day, and the history behind the service (tomorrow?) by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn --95!

Information about Little Mac (two days from now??) by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn - 96!

Did you Know...Misinformation? - 97?

Smash for Timeline by @IntelliHeath1 , @ PushDustIn PushDustIn - 98?

Point, Counter Point: Gematsu by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn -99?

and...for my 100th Source Gaming post:

The History Behind Wario's Design (tentative title) by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn

Reflection on 101 posts - 100 by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn

The order for the ones with a ? might change. It depends on what I can get done/ feel like working on.

I'm pretty stoked about reaching 100 posts on Source Gaming in the near future! I'm hoping to surpass 100 by next Friday! Wish me luck >.<
............dammit. I am most interested in the Wario one, but that one won't be for at least a week (I assume)......

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The Wii U version did it better with every single member of the Original 12 was unlockable from the start.

I just hate how Wario and Falco are still secret characters.

I return from my Break from SmashBoards to this.
Daw hell I can't wait for Smash 4 Doubles.
The Team will Never Die.:4ness::4villagerf:

EDIT: I also hear Mr. Iwata's Funeral is tomorrow.
The same day these three Amiibo release. And it is that reason that I will cherish the three of them.
:4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar:
You and your love for shotas

Well, Villager/Ness team got even more BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom