• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My favorite pokemon per gen( non legends)
1) eggsecutor
2) Typolsion
3) Grovyle or Swalot
4) Luxray
5) Bisharp or zoroark, close tie
6) Hawlucha

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fixed my last post. There are so many to choose from. Hard for me to pick one xD.

Khoru

Smash Champion
1. paras+, porygon+, scyther+
2. shuckle, maybe suicune
3. sceptile, mawile, anorith+, castform, kyogre, deoxys
4. rotom, giratina
5. sigilyph, solosis+, joltik+, ferrothorn+, litwick+, volcarona, genesect
6. klefki, zygarde, hoopa

fun facts: unless you count zygarde (which you shouldn't), there's never been a worm pokemon, while like half of animal phyla can be considered worms

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
1. Sandslash / Electabuzz / Mew
2. Wobbuffet (Ho-Ho and Luigia are alright too)
3. Latias / Latios
4. Hawlucha
5. The starters / Emolga / the monkeys / Victini
6. Greninja line / Hawlucha

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
hawlucha was gen 6 :V

(although gen 4 doesn't exactly offer much imo)

Chrono.

Gotta be honest and say I prefer Dewott to Samurott.

If only because it keeps the Samurai theme while Samurott looks more like a Swampert-reject to me.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Nothing to get me to post like some good old Pokemans

Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Gen 3:
and

Gen 4:

Gen 5: I really dislike this generation but...
was the only really original idea that gen. It wasn't a redone Gen I Pokemon

Gen 6:
and

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gotta be honest and say I prefer Dewott to Samurott.

If only because it keeps the Samurai theme while Samurott looks more like a Swampert-reject to me.
To be fair, it's based on a shogun:

Gen 5: I really dislike this generation but...
was the only really original idea that gen. It wasn't a redone Gen I Pokemon
The large majority weren't even remotely based on Gen 1 Pokemon...

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Gen 4 is my least favorite gen.Sinnoh to me is a boring region and the pokemon didn't really get me hype.Didn't help that Pearl is one of the few games to ever put me alseep while playing it.

1.Snorlax,squirtle,mewtwo
2.Typhlosion,tyranitar,Scizor
3.Sceptile,Miltoic,wailord
4.Infernape,staraptor,Weavile(favorite pokemon of all time)
5.Darmanitan,Bisharp,Genesect
6.Greninja,trevenant,Hawlucha

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I loved Gen 4 when it came out but I'd say it's aged the least well. It plays VERY slow compared to later AND earlier gens, HMs were everywhere and Sinnoh had some weird design choices.

Despite this I enjoy Sinnoh's lore a lot and they've had the best batch of Legendary Pokemon imo.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This talk of pokemon brings back some memories. Here's a story:
My first game was Pokemon Black. I wasn't interested in the game before, but my friends kept pressuring me to buy it, so I did. I really enjoyed to it. I got hooked. So one day I was reading up the game online and learned about this pokemon called genosect or whatever. He wasn't legitimately available at that point, so I had no way of obtaining him. But, I really needed him. After browsing the internet for a while, I found out about this program called pokegen. It would let me make any pokemon. You want a squirtle with one of charizard's moves? Well you could make that happen. I tested it out and got genesect(but no custom moves or anything, just his normal ones.) It was glorious day for me then.
Later that day my friends came over to hang out. We were going to have a tournament for ourselves that week. I told them that I got genosect. They asked me how I got it. I hesitated to tell them, but I ended up telling them. Big Mistake. One of my friends soon began to beg me for genosect, but I told him **** off. I was going to use this tool for myself. Eventually, I couldn't bare his begging and told everyone they could each have one hacked pokemon, with any moves they want. They could not, however, have any of the 3 hidden legendaries, those were exclusive to me only.
The next day, My friends knock on my door to invite me to hang out again. Only this time, one of my other friends arrive. We'll call him little ****. So right when I open my door, little **** makes his request for a shiny lucario with sheer cold and walks away.
Eventually the tournament starts, and I'm the only one without a hacked move.(Or at least I think, I really don;t remember much.)
They add this "no switching rule", which was fair, but would have been nice to switch. One of my friends still switched anyway while fighting little ****, which made little **** mad. Unfortunately he loses to little ****, and I have to face little **** next. The battle was actually really close, but then, he uses sheer cold, and it lands, knocking out my pokemon. I lost that battle because I decided to be some honorable samurai. Little **** loses the tournament to my friend who begged me for genosect.
I was in charge of the prizes, and there was a shiny giratina for first, and I forgot the 2nd place prize. My friend decides to take the 2nd place prize and give the first place prize to little ****, to keep him from pouting.
I gave more hacked pokemon to my two other friends, who barely even asked for any. I gave keldeo to one of friends who didn't ask at all. He told little ****, and little **** got mad. He demanded that I give everyone keldeo to be fair. But by that time, I had dropped my code of honor. I was now a rebel, and I said no.
Thinking back to it, I could have won the entire tournament by making overpowered pokemon and not telling anybody. Or, I could have not given anyone OP pokemon, and just used my legit ones(including genosect, of course.)

As for little ****, he was a decent friend, but he was a little **** most of the time.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm disappointed.

No one has mentioned Lopunny. She should definitely be in Pokkén Tournament.

Gen 1 - Pikachu
Gen 2 - Blissey
Gen 3 - Mawile / Mega Mawile
Gen 4 - Lopunny
Gen 5 - Audino
Gen 6 - Furfrou

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
speaking of gen 1 you know what pokemon was great depite the hate it gets
&

now you might be asking "why are these pokemon great they are litteraly garbage?"

now think what does this line complete.....dont have the awnser well let me show you

still dont get it? its pollution these three pokemon lines are the three forms of pollution trubbish is land koffing is air and grimer is water its actually really clever how they pulled it off

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well since we got this going, LIST YO FAV POGEYMAN FROM EACH GEN! (Decide on one, if you can't due to the feels, put a second one there. Also can put a honorable mention)

1. Mewtwo (honorable mention Bulbsaur)
2. Lugia (honorable mention Celebi)
3. Rayquaza (honorable mention Groudon/Milotic)
4. Dialga (honorable mention Luxray)
5. Lilligant (honorable mention Meloetta)
6. (Non Mega) Goodra (honorable mention Fletchling)
6. (Mega) Mega Mawile (honorable mention Mega Absol)

Gen 1: Blastoise :009:
The best of all 3 starters and my first Pokemon due to me owning Blue as a kid. Also had the best starting Pokemon :squirtle:

Gen 2: Typhlosion:157:
Best starter in Gen 2 as obvious. He's a ****ing Honey Badger on Fire. He doesn't give a damn

Gen 3: Swellow
Dat Speed. Best region Bird

Gen 4: Luxray
A Electric Lion with Ice and Fire fangs. Yep

Gen 5: Scrafty
This dude is straight gangster. Especially with Moxie aka most dangerous Pokemon in the game who can one shot a team with out trying.

Gen 6: Greninja :4greninja:
Yep. He's the most popular starter for a reason

Honorable mentions towards :059::026::130::128::4mewtwo::164::168::181::194::249:Blaziken, Swampert, Breeloom, Flygon, Sharkpedo, Ninjask, Infernape, Joltik and Zekrom

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh i just saw furfrou mentioned, I love him to. He can be really good competitively to!

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I'm disappointed.

No one has mentioned Lopunny. She should definitely be in Pokkén Tournament.

Gen 1 - Pikachu
Gen 2 - Blissey
Gen 3 - Mawile / Mega Mawile
Gen 4 - Lopunny
Gen 5 - Audino
Gen 6 - Furfrou
Lopunny is my 2nd favourite Pokémon of all time. I agree, she'd be a great addition in Pokkén Tournament. Her Mega Evolution makes her quite the threat.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Guys....i think i just realized something......red was the bad guy of gen 1 not on purpose but it adds up
after team rocket has been defeated and you finish your journey what happens to kanto?
mount moon: excavated to all hell
viridian forest: deforestation
celedon city: the waters polluted(hence the grimer and muk)
lavender town: a pokemon burial ground it gutted and turned into a radio tower
cinabar island: burned to ash after a volcano eruption
seafoam island: destoryed
now you might think wait why is those last 2 reds fault? well in gen 2 you couldnt catch the legendry birds
now think why would that matter? seafoam island was a volcano and the only thing
keeping it inactive was articuno which you as red caught
and think how many people would have died from a sudden eruption from seafoam island i mean
they couldnt have seen it coming it looked like a normal cave system

and thats why i think red was on mount silver self imposed exile

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's not that I think Gen V's Pokemon weren't original.

It's just that they seemed to be going for a "reboot" type of thing, and they purposefully mirrored past Pokemon. Now there's some Pokemon that are way too similar yet aren't related. Alommola and Luvdisc, Bouffalant and Tauros, etc.

I usually refer to this image to explain my point in this instance. Ignore the rude text, the original person was trying to make a case on how they "ran out of ideas". I disagree with this. They haven't run out of ideas, they were just going for a reflective generation to Gen 1. People then tell me about how it's like this every generation. It is, but not to this sort of extreme.

The designs of the Pokemon are great and are fine. I just don't like the idea of reflecting Generation 1.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Events that happened after his adventure ended that aren't really something he caused don't make him a villain.

It's not even canon that he caught the legendary birds, anyway.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Events that happened after his adventure ended that aren't really something he caused don't make him a villain.

It's not even canon that he caught the legendary birds, anyway.
the birds arnt there one way or the other and seeing as there really is no way to say its non canon in the game universe my theory still stands heck if where going by offical sources the anime pokemon origins falt out say he caught all 150 non event pokemon

Burb

The Absolute Worst
the birds arnt there one way or the other and seeing as there really is no way to say its non canon in the game universe my theory still stands heck if where going by offical sources the anime pokemon origins falt out say he caught all 150 non event pokemon
We're using anime as a canon source?

It's not even true that they can't be caught in any other games. They're catchable in HeartGold/SoulSilver, so even if you had a point with their absence in Gold/Silver, it would no longer stand due to retroactive continuity.

And even if that didn't happen, they're out in Kalos in X/Y, and Sinnoh in Platinum.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

It's not even true that they can't be caught in any other games. They're catchable in HeartGold/SoulSilver, so even if you had a point with their absence in Gold/Silver, it would no longer stand due to retroactive continuity.

And even if that didn't happen, they're out in Kalos in X/Y, and Sinnoh in Platinum.
AHHH but omega ruby/alpha saphire confrims that the original games exist in a seperate dimension meaning my theory still cant be struck down

Burb

The Absolute Worst
AHHH but omega ruby/alpha saphire confrims that the original games exist in a seperate dimension meaning my theory still cant be struck down
It never held any sort of ground to begin with, because events happening after Red's journey that he didn't cause don't automatically make him a villain.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys....i think i just realized something......red was the bad guy of gen 1 not on purpose but it adds up
after team rocket has been defeated and you finish your journey what happens to kanto?
mount moon: excavated to all hell
viridian forest: deforestation
celedon city: the waters polluted(hence the grimer and muk)
lavender town: a pokemon burial ground it gutted and turned into a radio tower
cinabar island: burned to ash after a volcano eruption
seafoam island: destoryed
now you might think wait why is those last 2 reds fault? well in gen 2 you couldnt catch the legendry birds
now think why would that matter? seafoam island was a volcano and the only thing
keeping it inactive was articuno which you as red caught
and think how many people would have died from a sudden eruption from seafoam island i mean
they couldnt have seen it coming it looked like a normal cave system

and thats why i think red was on mount silver self imposed exile

Interesting theory, it could work. And aually Burb, the origins is literally made to reflect the events of Red and Blue, it's said so before it was released. And as stated, there is a split between the ds games and gb games in the timeline.

Anyway this is amazing:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
i just remembered seeing one comparison of the two gens that compared victreebel and reuniclus
I think I saw that comparison, and IIRC, it also tried to say Reshiram was a copy of Mew. That was probably one of the most exaggerated examples I've ever seen in trying to draw a comparison between Pokémon (or even in general).

It's not that I think Gen V's Pokemon weren't original.

It's just that they seemed to be going for a "reboot" type of thing, and they purposefully mirrored past Pokemon. Now there's some Pokemon that are way too similar yet aren't related. Alommola and Luvdisc, Bouffalant and Tauros, etc.

I usually refer to this image to explain my point in this instance. Ignore the rude text, the original person was trying to make a case on how they "ran out of ideas". I disagree with this. They haven't run out of ideas, they were just going for a reflective generation to Gen 1. People then tell me about how it's like this every generation. It is, but not to this sort of extreme.

The designs of the Pokemon are great and are fine. I just don't like the idea of reflecting Generation 1.

To some extent, yes, but you're implying that none of them were unique except for Vanillite. I won't argue that there aren't some examples that are expies of their precursors, but if you're going to imply that those like Escavalier (who has no such thing unless you severely strip it down to the barest of similarities) have no unique qualities to them, then you're seriously demeaning quite a bit about the Pokémon.

As for that list, there are some that I can see the point, but there are also others that are a stretch (ex. Dwebble and Paras, where the only connection is they're bug types).

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really like the animation and voice acting, they fit the characters very well, Laylee especially.

Playtonic should do another kickstarter for an animated series, followed by a movie. :troll:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
It never held any sort of ground to begin with, because events happening after Red's journey that he didn't cause don't automatically make him a villain.
he beat team rocket with them gone people were able to continue with their plans with red having caught the legendary birds he let the people reclaim the power plant and removed articuno from the active volcano
ill agree villian was a misnomer but what do you call the hero whos saving the world ruins everything?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Interesting theory, it could work. And aually Burb, the origins is literally made to reflect the events of Red and Blue, it's said so before it was released. And as stated, there is a split between the ds games and gb games in the timeline.
Plenty of anime adaptations of video games are based on the events of the games themselves. That doesn't make them canon or useable in arguments about the canon of games.

If that's the case, I guess Sonic had a human kid tagging along with him on all of his adventures.

he beat team rocket with them gone people were able to continue with their plans with red having caught the legendary birds he let the people reclaim the power plant and removed articuno from the active volcano
ill agree villian was a misnomer but what do you call the hero whos saving the world ruins everything?
Red catching the legendary birds is not canon and is an assumption you're making, so.....

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Plenty of anime adaptations of video games are based on the events of the games themselves. That doesn't make them canon or useable in arguments about the canon of games.

If that's the case, I guess Sonic had a human kid tagging along with him on all of his adventures.

Red catching the legendary birds is not canon and is an assumption you're making, so.....
you right but he had to of encountered them and what happens after you fight a legendary pokemon win or lose? they are gone its the only explination as to why they werent in gen 2

Burb

The Absolute Worst
you right but he had to of encountered them and what happens after you fight a legendary pokemon win or lose? they are gone its the only explination as to why they werent in gen 2
Again, they could be encountered in HeartGold/SoulSilver. Even if you had a point, it was retconned.

Zinnia suggesting that there's a multiverse is completely irrelevant, seeing as how the implication of a multiverse was centered entirely around Mega Evolutions and AZ's ultimate weapon, neither of which have anything to do with either of the Gen 2 games.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What I learn about Pokemon theories is that everyone is an asshole except for Blue. Which is propaganda made by him.

That and how everything is a dream or how the Elite 4 are villains

Seriously, stop reading PokeSpe, not everyone is a Team Rocket member or has a dark motive. It's stop being good after the GSC arc.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What I learned about Pokemon's story is that ones in the main games aren't as good as the one in Mystery Dungeon Explorers.

:awesome:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Truebut it's meant to be more say the sonic one. It's all in each person's perspective though. I do agree it doesn't make a villain per say of true.
And while i think you were joking, I still like the PMD game's plots better then mainline games.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Again, they could be encountered in HeartGold/SoulSilver. Even if you had a point, it was retconned.

Zinnia suggesting that there's a multiverse is completely irrelevant, seeing as how the implication of a multiverse was centered entirely around Mega Evolutions and AZ's ultimate weapon, neither of which have anything to do with either of the Gen 2 games.
heartgold/soulsilver take place in the remake timeline

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
PokeSpe got decent again during DP. I heard the BW arcs were terrible though.
I like the BW arc it was fun and a unqiue twist on the regular pokemon is on story.Especially the ending(poor white) and Black as a character is actually the best main character we had since ruby.Hell i say skill wise he could probably beat pokeSpe Red. Still think the yellow arc is the best though

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom