• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I know they aren't even comparable to Tails and Eggman, but the ones that are are already in, besides, Mario in a Doctor suit is still just Mario with a different design
Well, by "no one gives a **** about" I actually meant that Sonic Boom is universality hated and has a lot of negative stigma attached to him. Dr. Mario not so much. Hope that clears up

I wouldn't be saying this if it was Classic Sonic instead, who is beloved.

Worlds Unite is freaking incredible and hilarious

View attachment 61918
I recognize every single maverick there.

I am such a Mega Man nerd

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't go as far to say the Dr Mario series is that successful, every Tetris clone is bound to get some popularity and I honestly doubt anyone would even remember it if it wasn't for him being in Melee.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I know they aren't even comparable to Tails and Eggman, but the ones that are are already in, besides, Mario in a Doctor suit is still just Mario with a different design
Not true. Dr. Mario doesn't take place in the same universe as the standard Mario series. In reality, the Dr. Mario series takes place in an alternate reality where Mario made something of himself by going to college and getting his Ph.D. He contributes to the world by being the only doctor that can rid the planet of an alien strain of viruses that are threatening the whole of humanity.

Come on, get with it!

I wouldn't go as far to say the Dr Mario series is that successful, every Tetris clone is bound to get some popularity and I honestly doubt anyone would even remember it if it wasn't for him being in Melee.
Stop. Just stop, you're making yourself look bad now.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
No one is exactly saying he's a very beloved Nintendo character. We're just saying that he doesn't have an actual negative stigma attached to him. Sonic Boom's Sonic is on the opposite side of the spectrum. That is my point.

Chrono.

Tbh I'm surprised he didn't go with Classic Sonic instead, with SEGA's recent treatment of it and all.

Would've been more believable than Boom Sonic by just a tiny bit

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I love world's unite as well. I only have the first four issues atm though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Are you seriously saying Dr. Mario wasn't successful? It's one of the only puzzle games that Nintendo would actually put out considering Tetris is kinda of a public domain game type of situation and all their other games (Puzzle League, Tetris Attack, etc...) aren't ever get newer titles or any chances for recent games but Dr. Mario has about 4-5 of them that's been on almost majority of their systems (NES, SNES, GB, N64, DS and 3DS). Those games do sell.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I played that Super Mario Bros. clone the other day...
What was it called again?
Yeah right, "Kirby".

Calling Dr. Mario a Tetris clone is as stupid as the statement from above the spoiler.
But I won't keep this conversation going.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just bought Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Am I too late?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just bought Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Am I too late?
Depends on the platform. You might get a decent amount of matches on PS3 and 360 but it's starting to dry off due to Tekken 7 coming out.

If it's the Wii U version, you're screwed.

Should have bought Soul Calibur 5 instead. That game's online is thriving pretty well for itself

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Are you seriously saying Dr. Mario wasn't successful? It's one of the only puzzle games that Nintendo would actually put out considering Tetris is kinda of a public domain game type of situation and all their other games (Puzzle League, Tetris Attack, etc...) aren't ever get newer titles or any chances for recent games but Dr. Mario has about 4-5 of them that's been on almost majority of their systems (NES, SNES, GB, N64, DS and 3DS). Those games do sell.
Hey, it's not fair to let facts get in the way of a good story. ;)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I love how crazy **** like this happen in music like lip syncing and music plagiarisms especially in video games with the latter

Remember DBZ Budokai's soundtrack had stolen music
Same composer also plagiarized tracks for the original DBZ Kai soundtrack.

Funnily enough, the guy's name was Kenji Yamamoto, which is the same name as the composer of the Metroid series.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Anyone know of some good gaming documentaries? I get into these weird moods where I like to binge watch gaming documentaries if I'm severely bored. In this case, I am :p.

Chrono.

Funnily enough, the guy's name was Kenji Yamamoto, which is the same name as the composer of the Metroid series.
He also composed the DKCR Vocal theme from Smash 4 lol

That's the only thing he's worked on since the scandal as far as I know.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He also composed the DKCR Vocal theme from Smash 4 lol

That's the only thing he's worked on since the scandal as far as I know.
Actually, no. Believe it or not, there's two composers with the name Kenji Yamamoto.
One composes music for Nintendo, one composes and occasionally plagiarizes music for Dragon Ball Z games.

The Kenji Yamamoto that works for Nintendo and does Metroid music has never plagiarized music.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The worst thing about the DBZ Budokai music that was plagiarized by Kenji Yamamoto is that the original music is way better.
Best example.
This is Challengers "by" Kenji Yamamoto:

This is the objectively superior bundle of awesomeness that is Hunting High and Low by Stratovarius:

I should add he copied several Stratovarius songs in Dragon Ball Z Budokai, for some reason. All of the original said songs are way better.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That was a lip synching scandal.

This is majorly different. This girl straight up released Jessica Simpson's vocals and music as her own and no one noticed.

Poor Jessica.
Still, they both show that you can make an entire living out of lies and still laugh all the way to the bank.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so going back to the pokken discusion for a bit
"frogadire is an assist so greninja wont be"
stop that...stop that right now what possible way would that make any sense "greninja is frogadires evolu" stop greninja isnt frogadier greninja has a wider verity of moves and is also a dark type thisreally this boils down to
"roy wont be dlc because lucinas playable" remember machokes were seen in the volcano stage
but i guess that means machamp wont be playable "but machoke isnt an assist" and you know what same diffrence a pokemons evolutions/pre evolutions do not determine weather or not they get in
so tl;dr
frogadire being an assist has no effect on greninjas chances and sensibly why would it?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Glad there'll be more Pokemon in Pokken. I wonder if they're downloaded or if they already exist in the machines. We need a haxor with a load of cash to spare.

Soul.

All they need to do in Pokkén is add this guy:

while we're at it, you might as well add another quadruped Pokémon. inb4 Sylveon
Or add another Fighting-type.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Probably unpopular opinion, but I actually want Samurott in Pokken. He doesn't get enough love.

D

Deleted member

Probably unpopular opinion, but I actually want Samurott in Pokken. He doesn't get enough love.
Funnily enough, I'm not a fan of Gen V or it's Pokemon but I do like Samurott despite it not being popular on the net. My favorite of that line, actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom