• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokl

Smash Lord
Let's face it, we all need to cheer up. We can't let this pull us down forever right? This drama isn't what iwata would have wanted is it? We should celebrate his life not argue over his death. Atleast that's the way I see it.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well if anyone here hates me I've got some good news. This will be my last post on Smashboards, probably ever.

I'm not going to stand idly by and continue to have my intentions in regards to the death of another human insulted in such a despicable way. To falsely depict me or anyone as some unthinking, unfeeling monster, trying to cash in on a tragedy for such a trivial personal gain is the most deplorable insult I've ever encountered. To be labelled as disrespectful in this instance is painful, untrue, and unjust. I'm no longer going to dignify those involved with a defence against such reprehensible and nasty accusations.

I realise that it's the result of only a handful of people, but there's a huge difference between disagreeing with somebody's opinion, and personally attacking someone over a very real, very important and very sensitive subject, and it isn't something I'm going to be a party to. You know who you are, and you've crossed the line irreparably.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 @ Lucimar Lucimar @PushDustIn @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 @ Burb Burb @vaanrose @Spazzy_D @BowserK.Rool @DMurr @KenithTheGatherer @Mega Bidoof @BKupa666 a @Awesomedude4444 @CyberHyperPhoenix @ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft @ epicmartin7 epicmartin7 @StormC @ Naoshi Naoshi @Frostwraith @GoldenYuiitusin @Banjodorf @ Thelimomon Thelimomon (and obviously more, sorry if I missed you).

I may not have always agreed with all of you, but it really has been a pleasure speculating and debating with you all until now. Thanks for helping to make this Smash Bros. period of speculation an enjoyable time for me.
I don't know exactly what happened, but I think I get the gist of it; and I think you're overreacting quite a bit.

If anyone called you "disrespectful", they were wrong to do so. However, I personally think the addition of Balloon Fighter as an Iwata tribute would be completely unnecessary. There are other ways to pay tribute to him than wasting a spot on the Smash Bros roster on a character who wouldn't have gotten in under any other circumstances, who's entire gimmick has already been condensed into a move on another character's moveset.

Etika will be at EVO

I hope he screams and yells and cries and flails around a lot.

It'll be hilarious.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well if anyone here hates me I've got some good news. This will be my last post on Smashboards, probably ever.

I'm not going to stand idly by and continue to have my intentions in regards to the death of another human insulted in such a despicable way. To falsely depict me or anyone as some unthinking, unfeeling monster, trying to cash in on a tragedy for such a trivial personal gain is the most deplorable insult I've ever encountered. To be labelled as disrespectful in this instance is painful, untrue, and unjust. I'm no longer going to dignify those involved with a defence against such reprehensible and nasty accusations.

I realise that it's the result of only a handful of people, but there's a huge difference between disagreeing with somebody's opinion, and personally attacking someone over a very real, very important and very sensitive subject, and it isn't something I'm going to be a party to. You know who you are, and you've crossed the line irreparably.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 @ Lucimar Lucimar @PushDustIn @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 @ Burb Burb @vaanrose @Spazzy_D @BowserK.Rool @DMurr @KenithTheGatherer @Mega Bidoof @BKupa666 a @Awesomedude4444 @CyberHyperPhoenix @ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft @ epicmartin7 epicmartin7 @StormC @ Naoshi Naoshi @Frostwraith @GoldenYuiitusin @Banjodorf @ Thelimomon Thelimomon (and obviously more, sorry if I missed you).

I may not have always agreed with all of you, but it really has been a pleasure speculating and debating with you all until now. Thanks for helping to make this Smash Bros. period of speculation an enjoyable time for me.
No problem man :). Smash speculation is always fun with multiple people around! Hopefully everything works out, and good luck with your future endeavors!

Chrono.

This is the reason I dropped Forza. We need more Aracde Racers hell, bring back Hydro Thunder and Crazy Taxi
At least Hydro Thunder had Hurricane, which wasn't a terrible sequel.

//still holding out for a new Burnout

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
surprising no one blaziken gets added to pokken fighters roster

calling it now greninja mewtwo and jigglypuff will be added before console release

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So they finally showcased Blaziken. Cool. I wonder who else will be in. I really want soneone like Bisharp in it.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Nostalgia HYPE It's technically confirmed that very earlier Image we saw back in the day.
Hopefully @TheAnvil will return. He's been a great member o these board since I joined.
And I was Having a laugh earlier about the possibility of Squirtle getting back in the Roster.
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:
7.8 too much Water types.

Last edited:

Soul.

Blaziken was obvious since the very beginning. Its addition doesn't surprise me because ever since Pokkén was announced (as a concept) in 2013 it was there, so...

The full roster, apparently, comes out tomorrow. The game is also out that day too.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Pretty excited to see the rest of the roster. The choices has been great so far.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Bill Trinen won't be going to EVO. Understandable, but... :(

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Bill Trinen won't be going to EVO. Understandable, but... :(
Please understand. Bill is properly going to Iwata's funeral, and evo clashes with it. Evo starts on the 17th, and then's when Iwata's funeral is.

D

Deleted member

We're really sorry to see you go like that. Are you still going to be part of Source Gaming? You did join at the same time I did and made a decent start and I would be so disappointed to see you leave for good.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh yeah finally found an actual leak here:
https://archive.moe/v/thread/299478018/#299478018
I was searching Yokai Watch and then this happened:
Hey guys. I realize this sounds very "my-dad-works-at-Nintendo-esque" but I actually have some news on upcoming Smash Bros content. Not much, mind you, but I have a friend who got a job at Nintendo relatively recently, and he kinda told me some things he shouldn't have. Because I'm a great friend who cares about his job, I'm gonna tell you anyways.

-Super Smash Bros. for NX (obviously not the actual title) is in development and is a launch title. It's a port of Super Smash Bros for Wii U, but with a ton of extra content and all DLC up to that point being free for it.

-There is a second wave of Smash DLC coming with another 4 characters and 2 stages (this will be before the Smash Ballot is counted)

-I know of one DLC character that was cancelled, and once I tell you who he is, it'll be obvious why: Boom Sonic. (Apparently he was just a slightly slower and heavier Sonic with a tether grab and unique recovery anyways).

-Namco-Bandai is also getting another 3rd party DLC character just like Capcom. I don't know who it is, so don't ask (plz be Agumon so my Digimon/Pokémon fanfic can come true)

-Level 5 is involved in this... somehow... I don't know if it's a stage, character, trophy, or all of the above. I just know Nintendo is doing some licensing with Level 5 for Smash Bros*

*My personal thoughts: I think Level 5 will be getting a character, but knowing Nintendo, it won't be Layton- it'll be Jibanyan from Yokai Watch.

-Nintendo will be releasing a Super Smash Bros deck with all characters in it (and the first DLC wave). PROBABLY (as in definitely) Amiibo cards. Who knows, maybe Nintendo will make a Smash Bros card game?

-No Rayman. **** you Ubisoft. **** you Nintendo. **** you anon. **** you ArtsyOmni (but keep up the great work).

-Last bit: Nintendo plans on updating all 3 Smash Bros games until a little into the NX's lifespan.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
-I know of one DLC character that was cancelled, and once I tell you who he is, it'll be obvious why: Boom Sonic. (Apparently he was just a slightly slower and heavier Sonic with a tether grab and unique recovery anyways).
lol, I seriously doubt Boom Sonic was considered in any capacity. I'm calling fake.

Last edited:
lets pretend everything else is logical. but this

:joyful: Point at him. Point at him and LAUGH

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well.... thanks for at least managing to give this thread a good laugh again @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

Yeah, I definitely don't see Nintendo even thinking about adding Boom Sonic in the first place....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ignoring Boom Sonic:
>Pretty much what we've been discussing about the NX getting a Sm4sh port
>Doesn't know about the characters that are in, but somehow knows Sonic Boom was planned and scrapped and knows Rayman isn't in
>Calls off names due to Rayman not being in to seem like a legit reaction
>Teases Professor Layton
>The entire Bamco part, lol
>4 characters
>Before ballot
>Smash Bros. Decks
>*Summons Mario in attack mode*

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
The fakest thing about that leak is saying that Smash Bros For NX isn't the actual title. :troll:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Considering Sakurai's opinion on modern Pac-Man, I do not see Sonic's Sonic Boom ever remotely close to being considered.

And why the hell would there be 2 Sonics, one of which is something no one really gives two ****s about? Let alone the idea of a 2nd Sonic would get in before the likes of Tails and Eggman. lmao

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
The only way I can see "Boom Sonic" being "considered" is by a misinterpretation when someone of the Smash Team said jokingly: "Now that Capcom has two characters, how about we add a new Sega Character as well? Boom Sonic would be great!"
Usually, in interviews "Everyone laughs" would take place right after.

D

Deleted member

And why the hell would there be 2 Marios, one of which is something no one really gives two ****s about? Let alone the idea of a 2nd Mario would get in before the likes of Toad and Waluigi. lmao
FTFY :p

D

Deleted member

But Dr. Mario is a good/successful game and Waluigi/Toad aren't on the same levels as Eggman and Tails!
I know they aren't even comparable to Tails and Eggman, but the ones that are are already in, besides, Mario in a Doctor suit is still just Mario with a different design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom