• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So..I followed the links. And with every "source" that the blogs used, it got less "click-baitey" until I got to the original Japanese page. There's no political message in there. Its just a game with Pokemon with old men (Ojisan) face. They are making roads. Its a game. Stop trying to making everything political!

I added pictures to my Twitter feed:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So..I followed the links. And with every "source" that the blogs used, it got less "click-baitey" until I got to the original Japanese page. There's no political message in there. Its just a game with Pokemon with old men (Ojisan) face. They are making roads. Its a game. Stop trying to making everything political!

I added pictures to my Twitter feed:
Wow.

That's awful.

I hate how we have to bring politics into everything.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well let's face it. What brings in more views?
That's the primary issue. Also, each article got shorter and shorter. Don't get me wrong the Japanese title has "forced labor simulator" in its title....And there are Graves in the underground passage. But there's nothing by the developer that indicates it was a message on animal crueltly or something against Pokemon. If anything the game comes off as more light hearted than a political message.

The game also isn't that fun

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
That's the primary issue. Also, each article got shorter and shorter. Don't get me wrong the Japanese title has "forced labor simulator" in its title....And there are Graves in the underground passage. But there's nothing by the developer that indicates it was a message on animal crueltly or something against Pokemon. If anything the game comes off as more light hearted than a political message.

The game also isn't that fun
I'm surprisingly enjoying it! I just got a Squirtle

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About the Toad thing, they could always give Toad the ability to manipulate the stage... moves based on Beep Blocks (platforms temporarily disappear), Flip Panels (platforms temporarily connect together), Boost Pads (platforms temporarily cause the opponents to lose control of their movements as they are forced to run), and Spinwheels (Toad spins the wheel to make the stage temporarily slanted).

Chrono.

About the Toad thing, they could always give Toad the ability to manipulate the stage... moves based on Beep Blocks (platforms temporarily disappear), Flip Panels (platforms temporarily connect together), Boost Pads (platforms temporarily cause the opponents to lose control of their movements as they are forced to run), and Spinwheels (Toad spins the wheel to make the stage temporarily slanted).
You're gonna give the competitive scene a heart attack.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
skull kid is added into smash. his only special is to invert the stage

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You're gonna give the competitive scene a heart attack.
Haha. Isn't that wonderful? :awesome:

Omega stages... and Toad creates temporary platforms. :laugh: like he isn't letting the silly competitive scene rules stop him. :troll:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i made one of those character signature things that all the Cool Kids have
albeit not fancy

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Nintendo is going to EVO ?
Last year we got that Reggie speach....
Maybe now a new character reveal at EVO.
That would be SO MUCH HYPE.

D

Deleted member

So just to make sure...

Is Eggerland/Adventure of Lolo series owned by Nintendo or is it a third-party franchise? Most of the releases have come out on the Famicom/NES and the Game Boy Color, but the first two came out on MSX (which granted was before HAL got bought by Nintendo) and the last game came out on Windows '95 exclusively in Japan (Yeah). Adventure of Lolo 1 & 2 also got published by Nintendo when re-released on the Virtual Console.

Chrono.

Best Buy goofed up

It's a glitch and you'd still get the $200 cashed out

some guy bought 10 of these without knowing lmao...

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well if anyone here hates me I've got some good news. This will be my last post on Smashboards, probably ever.

I'm not going to stand idly by and continue to have my intentions in regards to the death of another human insulted in such a despicable way. To falsely depict me or anyone as some unthinking, unfeeling monster, trying to cash in on a tragedy for such a trivial personal gain is the most deplorable insult I've ever encountered. To be labelled as disrespectful in this instance is painful, untrue, and unjust. I'm no longer going to dignify those involved with a defence against such reprehensible and nasty accusations.

I realise that it's the result of only a handful of people, but there's a huge difference between disagreeing with somebody's opinion, and personally attacking someone over a very real, very important and very sensitive subject, and it isn't something I'm going to be a party to. You know who you are, and you've crossed the line irreparably.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@DoodleDuck97 @ Lucimar Lucimar @ PushDustIn PushDustIn @BluePikmin11 @Burb @vaanrose @Spazzy_D @BowserK.Rool @DMurr @KenithTheGatherer @Mega Bidoof @BKupa666 a @Awesomedude4444 @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix @SegaNintendoUbisoft @epicmartin7 @StormC @ Naoshi Naoshi @Frostwraith @GoldenYuiitusin @Banjodorf @Thelimomon (and obviously more, sorry if I missed you).

I may not have always agreed with all of you, but it really has been a pleasure speculating and debating with you all until now. Thanks for helping to make this Smash Bros. period of speculation an enjoyable time for me.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
So just to make sure...

Is Eggerland/Adventure of Lolo series owned by Nintendo or is it a third-party franchise? Most of the releases have come out on the Famicom/NES and the Game Boy Color, but the first two came out on MSX (which granted was before HAL got bought by Nintendo) and the last game came out on Windows '95 exclusively in Japan (Yeah). Adventure of Lolo 1 & 2 also got published by Nintendo when re-released on the Virtual Console.
i'm still not sure.
HAL actually has a bunch of other old forgotten games, like arcana, alcahest, and air fortress. (they like A games, evidently.) judging by the last new game being on not-nintendo, probably not? i mean, nintendo published BKO even though bamco still owns it afaict.
Well if anyone here hates me I've got some good news. This will be my last post on Smashboards, probably ever.

I'm not going to stand idly by and continue to have my intentions in regards to the death of another human insulted in such a despicable way. To falsely depict me or anyone as some unthinking, unfeeling monster, trying to cash in on a tragedy for such a trivial personal gain is the most deplorable insult I've ever encountered. To be labelled as disrespectful in this instance is painful, untrue, and unjust. I'm no longer going to dignify those involved with a defence against such reprehensible and nasty accusations.

I realise that it's the result of only a handful of people, but there's a huge difference between disagreeing with somebody's opinion, and personally attacking someone over a very real, very important and very sensitive subject, and it isn't something I'm going to be a party to. You know who you are, and you've crossed the line irreparably.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@DoodleDuck97 @ Lucimar Lucimar @ PushDustIn PushDustIn @BluePikmin11 @Burb @vaanrose @Spazzy_D @BowserK.Rool @DMurr @KenithTheGatherer @Mega Bidoof @BKupa666 a @Awesomedude4444 @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix @SegaNintendoUbisoft @epicmartin7 @StormC @ Naoshi Naoshi @Frostwraith @GoldenYuiitusin @Banjodorf @Thelimomon (and obviously more, sorry if I missed you).

I may not have always agreed with all of you, but it really has been a pleasure speculating and debating with you all until now. Thanks for helping to make this Smash Bros. period of speculation an enjoyable time for me.
hey i might've disagreed with you but i don't think i accused you of anything like that? i'm pretty sure. if i made it sound like that it def wasn't my intention.
(you might not be referring to me but we got in spats so)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Oh **** what happened?

I have no clue at all :/

Anyway, it was good speculating with you too man.
Good luck for the future! :D

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Bro I don't think anyone ever attacked your character. If it came off that way then I apologize. It was never my intention. I may have found the idea in bad taste but I never once thought less of you.

Still, I do feel you are taking this a bit far. Blow off some steam come back and see how you feel. I hope that you feel the need to come back and say hello.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I'm sorry you're leaving.

I have no idea what happened, but I wish you the best!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Someone's making an upset leaving post about their character being attacked and it's not me for a change?!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Hey now, nobody hates you. I'm pretty sure that everyone is well aware that you meant this with good intentions in mind and that no one is thinking less of you in that regard.

If this has really upset you, then perhaps it may be for the best to take a short break in order to clear your mind a little. When you feel better, I hope you come back to say hi and talk about Smash with us again. ^^

The past few days has been a pretty rough ride for most of us I'd imagine.....

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823

I think you should just take a short break and cool off for a little while. I don't think anybody tried to offend you on purpose. You've been a great friend during speculation and it would be a shame to see you go so take a while to think over it before you make a definite decision.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow, kinda empty around here...
Well then, I'll just mention some random song I like from the N64 version of Cruis'n USA

Ooo! Ah! Ooo! Ah! YEAAHHH!

lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well then, I'll just mention some random song I like from the N64 version of Cruis'n USA

Ooo! Ah! Ooo! Ah! YEAAHHH!

lmao
>Crusin USA
>Not Daytona USA

Both songs are great. I miss Arcade Racers. The racing genre needs it with all the garbage, boring realism NFS and Gran Turismo brought

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
There is some upcoming indie arcade racer, I forgot its name, but the visual style was an interesting blend of pixel art and polygons. It looked actually pretty cool!

D

Deleted member

>Crusin USA
>Not Daytona USA

Both songs are great. I miss Arcade Racers. The racing genre needs it with all the garbage, boring realism NFS and Gran Turismo brought
I like Arcade Racers far more than realistic ones. Nothin' more boring then crashing into the wall the whole race cause it's hard to steer.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Im sorry ;-; My intention wasnt to attack you or your character, but to show why I felt the way I did about the way you wanted to tribute to Iwata. Good bye Anvil, hope you come back soon.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like Arcade Racers far more than realistic ones. Nothin' more boring then crashing into the wall the whole race cause it's hard to steer.
This is the reason I dropped Forza. We need more Aracde Racers hell, bring back Hydro Thunder and Crazy Taxi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom