• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If any other people would like to help spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media site of this daily poll, please do. :3
I've already done reddit, Gamefaqs, and here already.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@GoldenYuiitusin sorry to keep you waiting for Wario! Wario is very special to me, so I figured he'd make a great 100th post.

Yeah I've never heard of SSB4 Dojo either.
However this poll is very similar to one posted by @ PushDustIn PushDustIn whom I trust, and I think it's based on that one.
That's because for the Japanese portion they just combined my two polls :p

I used to go to this site back in the day. Before I found the Leaks group.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Having to rely on RNG to get customs
Being able to get duplicates
Grouping customs with equipment
Sakurai confirmed to hate us. If only one of these was gone, it'd be MUCH easier
I think that's something Sakurai sees as fun.

Don't remember when/where he said that, though. [Obligatory @ PushDustIn PushDustIn tag >:)]

@GoldenYuiitusin sorry to keep you waiting for Wario! Wario is very special to me, so I figured he'd make a great 100th post.
Your avatar is a Luma with Wario's mustache and hat.

The first character you used against me in our games earlier today was Wario.

You really like the character, don't you? :4wario:

(Actually, my first Game Boy game was Wario Land 3. Got it on my 8th birthday, I think. Still one of the best games I've ever played. I also bought it for my 3DS.)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think that's something Sakurai sees as fun.

Don't remember when/where he said that, though. [Obligatory @ PushDustIn PushDustIn tag >:)]

Your avatar is a Luma with Wario's mustache and hat.

The first character you used against me in our games earlier today was Wario.

You really like the character, don't you? :4wario:

(Actually, my first Game Boy game was Wario Land 3. Got it on my 8th birthday, I think. Still one of the best games I've ever played. I also bought it for my 3DS.)
Proposal slides he mentions that custom moves were moved to the unlock system. I think Sakurai mentioned somewhere that it was similar to the random Kid Icarus weapon unlock system, but I'm not 100% where/ if he said that.

I love Wario. Such a wacky character in Smash. Huge fan of Wario Land and Wario Land 3, and I enjoy the Warioware series.

Wario is the antithesis of Mario. That's what makes him great!

I've been meaning to get the NGC Wario World game so I can play it...

Also Wario in Smash fits my playstyle the best!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Proposal slides he mentions that custom moves were moved to the unlock system. I think Sakurai mentioned somewhere that it was similar to the random Kid Icarus weapon unlock system, but I'm not 100% where/ of he said that.
Well, KIU has plenty of randomness in regards to getting weapons. The weapons you get are completely random.

There are 108 different weapons and no two weapons are identical, as each weapon has different stats and bonuses.

There is a weapon fusion feature that lets you convert two weapons into a new one that inherits some attributes of both, but there's still a lot of RNG involved in getting your ideal weapon.

I love Wario. Such a wacky character in Smash. Huge fan of Wario Land and Wario Land 3, and I enjoy the Warioware series.

Wario is the antithesis of Mario. That's what makes him great!

I've been meaning to get the NGC Wario World game so I can play it...
I've always enjoyed Wario's wackiness. Same for Waluigi, who can be even wackier. lol

I have Wario World, actually. Never played it much, though. There are a few of Wario's moves in Smash that come from or are inspired by that game, such as the Chomp special move.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I saw that on GameFAQs a day or two ago, and I'm 100% certain it's inaccurate, as it goes against pretty much every other poll's results, not to mention the word of people in every Smash community.

Shantae is too low, Wonder Red is too low, I don't know where Midna & Wolf Link are coming from (I've never seen them rank anywhere close to that high on any other poll, they're usually at the very bottom or not present at all), Inkling is too low....

How many people voted on this? I'm having trouble reading on mobile.

I wonder how @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D feels about Bomberman just missing the top 10.

It's nice to see Wolf and Snake so high but I'm not sure how the poll is set up.
It's not a poll, it's some guy's research based on other polls.

The guy who made that list said:
I just post what I found. As I have said, I am all for incoporating more polling data to get a better read. This is just based on what I have found and some of it is pre-ballot but still holds true with regards to what people want. The more data I have, the more I am able to have a better spread of the actual wanted characters. I just want accuracy above all else. And looking through the polls, it was a poll prior to the ballot coming out. It would probably look different if I weighted that poll a little less. Just hard knowing then which polls should have weight and which polls shouldn't.

Again, any more polls you have you want added, I am all for adding them to get a better sense of things. I just want to try and get the best read possible by bringing together as many sources as possible.
Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72171240/826400791

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So if anyone is interested, here's the streaming schedule for EVO 2015.

Also, here's a multitwitch:4link: for those that want to watch both tomorrow. If you want to watch more Smash, there's going to be a Project M side tourney at EVO on Saturday. While on Friday, I guess azprojectmelee is going to play some friendlies while checking out at Rivals of Aeither (multitwitch).

I'm not nearly as excited for EVO as Bill Trinen is not going to be there, but its understandable as Iwata's funeral is drastically more important. Here's hoping for a great EVO and that someone will finally replace ZeRo on his throne (I highly doubt it though :p).
Sauces: (https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3dk2rm/evo_results_thread_poll_have_your_say_plus/)
(https://www.facebook.com/events/1468945873403537/)

So who's gonna get cut for the ESRB leak and the Royu data mine
Goku is going to get cut from Smash. Oh yeah, that's right, Goku wasn't in Smash to begin with :troll:.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I saw that on GameFAQs a day or two ago, and I'm 100% certain it's inaccurate, as it goes against pretty much every other poll's results, not to mention the word of people in every Smash community.

Shantae is too low, Wonder Red is too low, I don't know where Midna & Wolf Link are coming from (I've never seen them rank anywhere close to that high on any other poll, they're usually lucky to get to the double digit percentages), Inkling is too low....

It's not a poll, it's some guy's research based on other polls.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72171240/826400791
id have thought me bringing up the fact kumatora from mother 3 was in the third party section was enough to make this clear....but ya your right

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Looking at the individual results by region, it makes a little more sense. Completely forgot somehow that Shantae's popularity is completely non-existent in Japan.

I still think it's inaccurate, but maybe not as inaccurate as I initially thought......like, I still don't get how Midna & Wolf Link are so high up there. Even looking at the individual results, the only ones they scored well at all in was the SourceGaming ones. Everywhere else, they're absent or low.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So if anyone is interested, here's the streaming schedule for EVO 2015.

Also, here's a multitwitch:4link: for those that want to watch both tomorrow. If you want to watch more Smash, there's going to be a Project M side tourney at EVO on Saturday. While on Friday, I guess azprojectmelee is going to play some friendlies while checking out at Rivals of Aeither (multitwitch).

I'm not nearly as excited for EVO as Bill Trinen is not going to be there, but its understandable as Iwata's funeral is drastically more important. Here's hoping for a great EVO and that someone will finally replace ZeRo on his throne (I highly doubt it though :p).
Sauces: (https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3dk2rm/evo_results_thread_poll_have_your_say_plus/)
(https://www.facebook.com/events/1468945873403537/)

Goku is going to get cut from Smash. Oh yeah, that's right, Goku wasn't in Smash to begin with :troll:.
>Persona 4 top 8 on day 1.

Welp, now I know what channel I will be watching lol XD :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Looking at the individual results by region, it makes a little more sense. Completely forgot somehow that Shantae's popularity is completely non-existent in Japan.
I still think it's inaccurate, but maybe not as inaccurate as I initially thought......like, I still don't get how Midna & Wolf Link are so high up there. Even looking at the individual results, the only ones they scored well at all in was the SourceGaming ones. Everywhere else, they're absent or low.
I don't know if this is actually an answer, but the SG poll came before the Balot started, according to Push.
That probably has something to do with it. No bandwagoning.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
http://gonintendo.com/stories/238645-mario-kart-8-sells-over-2-million-in-united-states
Nintendo also provided an update on the sales of Mario Kart 8 since its US launch last year. We've learned that the title has moved over 2 million units since its debut. Again, that is just the North American total for the game. Looks like Wii U owners all around the world can't resist the game! Thanks to J22 and ZSaberLink for the heads up.
http://gonintendo.com/stories/238644-npd-splatoon-sells-290k-in-june-2015
We have some more data on the sales of Splatoon in the United States. It has been confirmed that the title has moved another 290k stateside, pushing the US total to 455k. Last we heard, the game had moved over a million worldwide. The title must be well on its way to hitting that 2 million mark! Thanks to J22, VGAMER and ZSaberLink for the heads up.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
How many people voted on this? I'm having trouble reading on mobile.

I wonder how @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D feels about Bomberman just missing the top 10.
Honestly? I don't really care one way or another. I don't really have much faith in these sort of fan polls as any sort of reliable guage.

On top of that, I honestly feel that Bomberman is one of the last "classic" video game icons and I'm pretty confident that he'll eventually have his day. He ticks off every box when it comes to third party inclusion and he has actual, sustained popularity. He has never been the most popular third party request, but what he has had is a dedicated and consistent fan base. By the time Smash 5 rolls around characters like Bayonetta and Shovel Knight are likely to be the next Geno while Bomberman is going to be hanging out in the back half of the top ten as always.

(Of course, this is all dependent on Konami pulling their heads out of their rears.)

D

Deleted member

All these "early results" polls are stupid because there's no way to actually get similar results to the ballot, too many variables exist, including the fact that not everyone that voted the ballot is going to vote in these polls.
There's also the fact that these polls are posted on different parts of the internet, which means different fanbases, which in turn means certain favoritism to certain characters.
Honestly I don't even know why we bother with these.

Oh yeah, It's also my birthday today, don't mind me *picks up a slice of cake and goes sit in a corner*

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I have 20 bucks. Should I pick up SF4 for pc(Which is 10 bucks now), or wait for a while?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I have 20 bucks. Should I pick up SF4 for pc(Which is 10 bucks now), or wait for a while?
Probably pick up USF4 and then Shovel Knight if it's cheap. If not, then Freedom Planet but make sure you play the classic mode of the game

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
All these "early results" polls are stupid because there's no way to actually get similar results to the ballot, too many variables exist, including the fact that not everyone that voted the ballot is going to vote in these polls.
There's also the fact that these polls are posted on different parts of the internet, which means different fanbases, which in turn means certain favoritism to certain characters.
Honestly I don't even know why we bother with these.

Oh yeah, It's also my birthday today, don't mind me *picks up a slice of cake and goes sit in a corner*
Don't hide yourself in spoilers, happy birthday!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I found something kind of of hysterical in one of the Source Gaming articles. As we know, the ESRB leaked photos went out on August 19th on 4Chan which then spread across the internet. For the entire week, there was a debate if they were real or fake. The funny thing I found out was in that Sakurai column, it outright mentions the leak. The article was posted on August 21st, a couple days before the leaked videos. If people had translated the article in August, the leaks would have been outright confirmed by Sakurai!

Happy Birthday! Have some better and tasteless virtual cake free of charge!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey, just realized that Blaster Master is now available on the North American Wii U E-Shop.

If any of you are looking for a good retro experience, Blaster Master is an excellent example of old school Metroidvanias. I highly suggest you check it out.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well the steam sale is 2 more days and its a free weekend. Why not play it for yourself and form your own opinion?

Thats what im doing this weekend :p. From the hour ive played ill probably buy it.
I downloaded it as well, and it runs well on my weak laptop. I'm really glad steam does these types of things. Now if only ground zeroes comes on a weekend deal, then I can see how well it'll run on my laptop(i hear it's well optimized).

Probably pick up USF4 and then Shovel Knight if it's cheap. If not, then Freedom Planet but make sure you play the classic mode of the game
Thanks. I'd probably pick it up right now, but I'm a little worried. Will the online still be active after SFV releases? Will the game go for even cheaper when SFV releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom