• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded it as well, and it runs well on my weak laptop. I'm really glad steam does these types of things. Now if only ground zeroes comes on a weekend deal, then I can see how well it'll run on my laptop(i hear it's well optimized).

Thanks. I'd probably pick it up right now, but I'm a little worried. Will the online still be active after SFV releases? Will the game go for even cheaper when SFV releases?
Street fighter 3ds seems to still have players. Youll probably be fine.

It will probably be cheaper for the holiday sale or somethi g but i dont see it dropping much lower

Last edited:

Soul.

Street fighter 3ds seems to still have players. Youll probably be fine.
That's... surprising to be honest. I dunno how people can put it to good use, especially on a handheld like the 3DS. Arcade controls confuse me lol.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It's not a poll, it's some guy's research based on other polls.
Ah, got it, thank you. I agree about Midna & Wolf Link and Inklings.

I would expect that Inklings are likely more voted for than Isaac, if not by a significant amount.

Honestly? I don't really care one way or another. I don't really have much faith in these sort of fan polls as any sort of reliable guage.

On top of that, I honestly feel that Bomberman is one of the last "classic" video game icons and I'm pretty confident that he'll eventually have his day. He ticks off every box when it comes to third party inclusion and he has actual, sustained popularity. He has never been the most popular third party request, but what he has had is a dedicated and consistent fan base. By the time Smash 5 rolls around characters like Bayonetta and Shovel Knight are likely to be the next Geno while Bomberman is going to be hanging out in the back half of the top ten as always.

(Of course, this is all dependent on Konami pulling their heads out of their rears.)
That's true! Bomberman would fit about as well as Mega Man. Banjo Kazooie would also, but their situation is obviously quite different.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
apparently going around and playing smash 4 with other people, i keep hearing from people how they think wolf is going to be revealed in august next to the tournament mode update. i just wish august would get here already so people i won't have to hear people predicting things that doesn't seem very plausible atm.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Leaker: So Sakurai and co have a shortlist of characters. It's these four. Keep in mind that Nintendo has the last word.
Posters: What about (insert character here)?
Leaker: oh right they're on the list too Namco has a separate shortlist also that's less likely than the Sakurai one

what

Burb

The Absolute Worst
This "leak" basically boils down to "These characters that people are predicting anyway might be DLC but they might not be".

Even if it's real (which I highly doubt), it achieves absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4ness: **** everything, time to commit suicide. Nothing makes sense anymore.
I return from my Break from SmashBoards to this.
Daw hell I can't wait for Smash 4 Doubles.
The Team will Never Die.:4ness::4villagerf:

EDIT: I also hear Mr. Iwata's Funeral is tomorrow.
The same day these three Amiibo release. And it is that reason that I will cherish the three of them.
:4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar:
This fan art is awesome. Whoever drew that deserves accolades.
Honestly? I don't really care one way or another. I don't really have much faith in these sort of fan polls as any sort of reliable guage.

On top of that, I honestly feel that Bomberman is one of the last "classic" video game icons and I'm pretty confident that he'll eventually have his day. He ticks off every box when it comes to third party inclusion and he has actual, sustained popularity. He has never been the most popular third party request, but what he has had is a dedicated and consistent fan base. By the time Smash 5 rolls around characters like Bayonetta and Shovel Knight are likely to be the next Geno while Bomberman is going to be hanging out in the back half of the top ten as always.

(Of course, this is all dependent on Konami pulling their heads out of their rears.)
I wish I had your confidence. Bomberman as a franchise got killed off aside from mobile before he had the chance to become one of the most wanted characters. It doesn't help that he has to wait in line for Snake to get in first and there's no guarantees he's ever coming back. I have long accepted that Bomberman will never be added into any Smash game. :( Which is a shame because that's about the only thing that would ensure I would get another proper Smash game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Could someone tell me what the 'leaker' said I can't access this part of gamefaqs. cause apparently my internet provider thinks its a gambling site, so I can't access sites at my Mum's house.

Are we talking God Hand/W101 levels of bad or we talking actually bad?
Wait Wonderful 101 was critically panned? But everyone seems so positive about it in the Nintendo fan base

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Wait Wonderful 101 was critically panned? But everyone seems so positive about it in the Nintendo fan base
I think it got decent reviews but it didn't sell well, partially due to the very poor amount of Wii Us sold at the point the game was originally released. It's been quite discounted since then. Like half of its original released price.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think it got decent reviews but it didn't sell well, partially due to the very poor amount of Wii Us sold at the point the game was originally released. It's been quite discounted since then. Like half of its original released price.
Seeing as how Bayonetta 2 was a commercial failure and it had pretty much every advantage possible over TW101, I don't think a higher Wii U install base would've saved it.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Seeing as how Bayonetta 2 was a commercial failure and it had pretty much every advantage possible over TW101, I don't think a higher Wii U install base would've saved it.
That's probably true. Bayonetta got so much media exposure, for example. The only possible drawback I can see to that conclusion is the fact that Bayonetta is a much tougher sell to a Nintendo audience. I hate to use the word(s) "kiddy" or "kid-friendly," but as a general rule, Nintendo's audience usually picks up games that fit in that category. It's basically the same reasons often given for why she wouldn't fit in Smash. Not only is she very aggressively sexual and violent, but it dives deep into religious content which is a big no-no for a lot of people. It's certainly not mainstream, and is undoubtedly the most mature game Nintendo has ever published.

Personally, I've never found W101 to be appealing. I only considered buying it at one point because it was so heavily discounted and one of my friends is really big into it (@Goldstorm), but I ended up getting it for free from Club Nintendo and have never played it.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
W101 was critically panned as well. Due to how difficult the controls were, the barrier on its challenge and it kinda hurts since it was an ignored Wii U game because it had no Mario or Samus.

Bayo 2 flopped but it might pick up depending if the sales just keep going as a small series.

It's not as bad as Codename STEAM where they game got unfortunate hell due to its artstyle, minimum advertising, the speed of the game before the update patch to fast foward the game even more and I hate to piss everyone off here but Codename STEAM did flop due to Splatoon coming out later

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Right about when Smash Wii U starts, I think. Look up a schedule, quick and easy, Cyber.
Yes, because I live within the US Pacific time zone :rolleyes: :p

Edit: Figured it out, starts at 1AM, ends at 1PM.

I've been wanting to get into this game for so long, but I can't since it costs $70 to get it on the Xbox Live store :ohwell:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Codename STEAM was pretty underwhelming from what I've heard.
Not really, it was much better than what people said and like I said, most of its problems got fixed post-release. It's pretty much a simpler XCOM but that doesn't mean the game isn't fun.

Also if you ask, the Amiibos aren't necessary unless you're doing the multiplayer in which hurry up and find a :4lucina: quick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_101#Reception
Certainly not the best, but far from being critically panned.
I'm probably going off that IGN review.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Not really, it was much better than what people said and like I said, most of its problems got fixed post-release. It's pretty much a simpler XCOM but that doesn't mean the game isn't fun.

Also if you ask, the Amiibos aren't necessary unless you're doing the multiplayer in which hurry up and find a :4lucina: quick

I'm probably going off that IGN review.
theres your problem listening to anything ign has to say about games in the character action genre

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Gonna go ahead and state the obvious:

I'm guessing the next character to be revealed will be that new guy that was teased during the Ken trailer.
Yeah, Ono pretty much confirmed it during the comic-con panel. That said, while I personally think the announcement will be after USFIV top 8, it was brought to my attention that there will be panels this year on Friday and Saturday. After or before top 8 makes the most sense to me, but I suppose they could have a panel announcement and then a large scale reveal shortly after like they did at comic-con.

EDIT: The capcom panel is Saturday @ 2PM.
Afaik none of the panels are being officially recorded.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah, so far all the teased characters have been revealed not long after the initial tease. Which is why I don't expect another teaser after this guy since Brazil Game Show is in a couple months.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wish Camelot would make a new Golden Sun game for the 3DS. It'd look so amazing.

With Mario Tennis almost finished (in the next 5 months), maybe that's what they'll work on next.

#neverstoppushing

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Depends on how much bigger the install base is. If the wii u owner/bayonetta buyer ratio remained relatively consistent (or even lower), then as the install base increases so does the likelyhood of a Bayonetta game being sold. Eventually it could become profitable. A lot of wii games only sold to a small portion of the install base, but did well because that small portion was still pretty big.

I'm not saying it's causation, though. It could have simply been chance. But there is a correlation between the number of potential customers (the install base in this case) and the number of actual customers.

It's like those email scams. The vast majority of people who get them dont fall for it, but there's enough falling for it to make the practice profitable. It wouldn't be as profitable a practice if they only targeted colleges.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Devil's Third is bad?

Well at least it's out...

D

Deleted member

I have Wario World, actually. Never played it much, though. There are a few of Wario's moves in Smash that come from or are inspired by that game, such as the Chomp special move.
Chomp wasn't inspired by Wario World (inb4 PushDust points out it actually was).
That came from WarioWare.

Wario's custom in Smash 4 where he inhales people into his mouth though, could be based on Wario World.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Chomp wasn't inspired by Wario World (inb4 PushDust points out it actually was).

Wario's custom in Smash 4 where he inhales people into his mouth though, could be based on Wario World.
In order to fully answer this, I'll be explaining a huge portion of what Wario's design is based off of. So sorry, please wait. I need to translate some more things + finish the other 4 projects I started.

All will be revealed.

Mwhaha!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, the inhaling move is more similar to Wario World and may have been inspired by that game.

The spinning throw (forward throw in Brawl, back throw in Smash 4) is also from Wario World. He can also do spinning throws in the DS remake of Super Mario 64, much like Mario.

And I think the down throw is based on the ground pound. The animation and pose when butt stomping the foe is very similar.

Still weird they removed the shoulder bash side Smash attack, but the new one is actually a better move thanks to its bigger hitbox and range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom