• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look, I don't really freaking care about who's right and wrong, but this conversation is getting annoying.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, that's not what I mean with SJW. How about you go back and read my definition?

SJW is what actual SJW's have called themselves since the beginning. Dosn't matter if they're a vocal minority, they are still a minority, and the majority should not be judged for their mistakes. Also where's this victim complex BS coming from?
Everytime I've see someone say SJW they mean radical extremist feminists who believe men are inferior. With 'victim complex' I mean 'when the teacher says I need to show the citation it reminds me of when blacks had to show a card with their rights only to have it get torn apart'
And other things. I haven't seen the majority you speak of. Better term for the whiny people should be Tumblrinas then

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Everytime I've see someone say SJW they mean radical extremist feminists who believe men are inferior. With 'victim complex' I mean 'when the teacher says I need to show the citation it reminds me of when blacks had to show a card with their rights only to have it get torn apart'
And other things. I haven't seen the majority you speak of. Better term for the whiny people should be Tumblrinas then
Jesus Christ, can you cut this out? Nobody give's a damn what you think about SJWS, this is the NintenZone social thread, bring it to 4chan. Also Tumblrinas is outdated as hell and only dudebros use it. Please, just shut up, and end this conversation, because everyone here is really sick of it. Go talk about anything else.

EDIT: Alright, I got way too harsh. Sorry, but it's true, bring it to 4chan.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm just as stumped as you as to why this goon over here bought it up and keeps trashing me and Draj.
'goon'
'trashing me and Draj'
I was TRYING to be civil! The Tumblrinas ruined the term SJW and I never trashed you OR Draj! ****, I don't give a crap about Draj as I'm neutral on her! Honestly, the heat's getting to me today, ****ing heat wave. I apologize if anyone felt offended by my words, I never meant to offend anyone. To all people who are sick of this debate, I'm not talking about it anymore
EDIT: How...Honestly this is getting idiotic

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, whoa, yeah. Let's either tone this discussion waaay down or drop it altogether guys. This is getting unnecessarily hostile.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
On another note, some guy jumped on me today for calling him kid. I call people kid and goons. It's just joking terms to me.

But anyway, let's talk about something else. How do you guys feel about alt costume DLC? Like, Doctor Luigi alt costume tier.

Chrono.

Azura/Aqua is alive in the third path but dies in the endings of the other two lines, not to mention the third route is when Korrin decides not to choose either Hoshido or Nohr
You're missing my point.
The fact that the light and dark versions get the kinda sad ending while the true path is the 3rd one is kinda sketchy.
But the fact that it's DLC that's fully completed and ON THE CARTRIDGE is just terrible.
This is no different than Capcom charging $20 for 12 characters when they were already finished and on the disk.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How do you guys feel about alt costume DLC? Like, Doctor Luigi alt costume tier.
Part of me would like it, because I'd really like to see some cool, more creative costumes. On the other hand, I'm a lot less willing to pay for a costume change than for actual content, and I'd also be more interested in them investing time into the creation of new characters rather than spending it on costumes, no matter how cool or interesting.

Tbh, more than anything I'd like a costume creator/editor that people have been discussing since Brawl, as that'd allow for some neat costumes that you could tailor to your own wants, but I'd be surprised if we see that even in the next Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone found any leaks? I'll take leeks at this point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You're missing my point.
The fact that the light and dark versions get the kinda sad ending while the true path is the 3rd one is kinda sketchy.
But the fact that it's DLC that's fully completed and ON THE CARTRIDGE is just terrible.
This is no different than Capcom charging $20 for 12 characters when they were already finished and on the disk.
I certainly don't approve of THAT! But I was pointing out the 'true path' stuff isn't what it seems. Did they say the third route was going to cost money btw? Not to mention the Royu patch counts as this, having 3 characters and 2 stages

Chrono.

I certainly don't approve of THAT! But I was pointing out the 'true path' stuff isn't what it seems. Did they say the third route was going to cost money btw? Not to mention the Royu patch counts as this, having 3 characters and 2 stages
Yeah it does, I don't know how much though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah it does, I don't know how much though.
Then it's pretty scummy despite the games being made with a budget of 2 games. Pretty long games too. Also, apparently a 'deluxe edition' exists that'll include all 3. Lets do math quickly as the deluxe version has no price. 40+40 is 80, however, if (huehue) you want both, you can get the other version half price as DLC, both are different games with different stories but the same world and characters from what I'm told by people who've played the game. It's not as scummy as Capcom, but it stings a bit

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
$16 in US money, same for buying the other companion game.

It should be noted though that Third Path is not on-disc, hackers were able to download an (mostly complete) version off of the servers. That still doesn't necessarily excuse the practice as both games should be able to be played on their own, not with one or the other being necessary to understand important plot points.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
$16 in US money, same for buying the other companion game.

It should be noted though that Third Path is not on-disc, hackers were able to download an (mostly complete) version off of the servers. That still doesn't necessarily excuse the practice as both games should be able to be played on their own, not with one or the other being necessary to understand important plot points.
Actually, as Mii costumes were also included, it's about 22.50, right?
Er... you don't need both to get the plot actually, unless you want specific lore of both continents. Not to mention both have different missions, level structue and other things, meaning they are both seperate games and should be judged as such. It's also apparently the longest FE to date

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Wait, this song is longer than 15 seconds? lol
It is a really good track. Too Bad the fight is pathetic. Just like all the character fights. "I'm the coolest"

That reminds me, anyone here a fan of SomecallmeJohnny and/or his other channels?
I am fan of all 3 of his channels. In fact I am watching their sonic shuffle play-through as we speak.
There are a few others here @Awesomedude4444 and I think @SegaNintendoUbisoft
And a few others who I can't recall at this time.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
You're missing my point.
It's actually not on the cartridge by what I heard. Basically, people got into Nintendo's Network like they did with Roy, Lucas and Ryu for Smash Bros and datamined from the Network or something like that. Also, by what I heard, there may be some inconsistencies or stuff that hasn't been fixed or finalized yet, like supposedly even though Gunter is killed during the 3rd Path, he still appears at the end of the game alright.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It is a really good track. Too Bad the fight is pathetic. Just like all the character fights. "I'm the coolest"

I am fan of all 3 of his channels. In fact I am watching their sonic shuffle play-through as we speak.
There are a few others here @Awesomedude4444 and I think @SegaNintendoUbisoft
And a few others who I can't recall at this time.
Johnny's easily one of, if not the best Youtuber out there imo, though it's tough to beat Chuggaaconroy, especially as he visited a fan who had brain cancer because they wanted to meet him

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Why wasn't Kirby in Mario Kart 8?
I ask myself this question every day.

Btw, remember that announcement that Shovel Knight was going to get some Nintendo exclusive content? Some people brought up Meta Knight. I actually really want to see that happen, it makes too much sense.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Btw, remember that announcement that Shovel Knight was going to get some Nintendo exclusive content? Some people brought up Meta Knight. I actually really want to see that happen, it makes too much sense.
If it's in a level in the style of Meta Knight's Revenge from Super Star Ultra, I might die from the nostalgia

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So new topic...
I don't have any interest in Project X Zone/2, but I think the idea of solo units are neat.
They're characters you summon once per battle to assist your combos with their own basically. You can choose a specific one for your team.
I wish Assist Trophies were like this. In the next game I'd love if a feature like this was implemented.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey you can have both :p
Seeing how Chugga crossed over to BSC.
PEEEE KAY...STAR SPAAAAAAM!
That alone would have made me buy MK8

The hint was MEGATON. Legend of Zelda Megaton Hammer or Megaton Punch from Kirby Super Star are the only 'megaton' things Nintendo has iirc

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Guys seeing how we are on the topic.
How long have you been following Johnny?
I have been a fan since 2008 back when he did unleashed and his original Review of Adventure through Secret Rings.
Never looked back since then.

Curses.
I legit thought this was real for some reason.
I do hope DLC pack 3 comes.
NintenDLC is the best kind of DLC.
PEEEE KAY...STAR SPAAAAAAM!
That alone would have made me buy MK8
The hint was MEGATON. Legend of Zelda Megaton Hammer or Megaton Punch from Kirby Super Star are the only 'megaton' things Nintendo has iirc
The fact Chuuga is a fan of these two. :4lucas::4ness: makes everything better.
And Shulk and that cool Real Life Monado he owns.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The NX launching in 2016 is suicide.

Nintendo I beg you. Don't.

Chrono.

Anyone hear SF5's Character Select song?

Definitely a refreshing take, especially after all the electronic/dubsteppy music that was in every Capcom fighter starting with SFIV (not that it was bad mind you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom