• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Source Gaming is officially moved to SourceGaming.info!

I added a redirect from the original version so other sites won't lose their linkage.

If you subscribed to the original version, then you should still be subscribed.

Since we are on our own hosting we will have a lot more tools available, and we will be able to better control and organize our content!

Special thanks to:

@Spazzy_D @Aeris @DMurr @SmashChu @BluePikmin11 @digitaleyes

+Soma
+Crane043
+Teh_CBass

New writers:
@Roger Smith
@Fuzzy Pickles!
@TheAnvil

And everyone who supports us!

We got more exciting news in the works!
Your site has just been blowing up recently. Keep up the good work!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Who ever said I wanted a third Marth? Did I pick Roy to be DLC? Strange, here I was thinking I had been opposed to the idea of giving Marth a second clone.

Regardless, Roy looks different enough from Marth and is his own individual. The differences in design between Marth and Roy are more apparent than the ones between Mario and Paper Mario or Young Link and the other two Links.

If given the choice between Roy, Young Link, and Paper Mario, I'd probably pick Roy.
I think Paper Mario is far more different from Mario (and half the Smash cast) than Roy is from Marth. Especially once alt colors are taken into account, half of Fire Emblem looks nearly the same (especially on the handheld).
Paper Mario is an entirely different art design, and requires it. That is a bigger stylistic and aesthetic visual, at least to me, than nearly anything else I could think of.

At the time of the Mewtwo patch's release, we had no proof there were any characters actively being developed except Roy, Ryu, and Lucas. Placeholder slots are not necessarily indicative that development was actively occurring; just that they prepared slots for them.
The response I quoted had seemed to state that there is no way to know if anything is in development now at all. Obviously something is in development now, the team is not going to dissipate simply to reinstate for future characters. It is inconceivable that no characters are in development now.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Anyone hear SF5's Character Select song?

Definitely a refreshing take, especially after all the electronic/dubsteppy music that was in every Capcom fighter starting with SFIV (not that it was bad mind you).
This will get old very quick, imo. .. nothing beats the CSS theme of SFA1/2 and the SFII series. =P

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nintendo is sure setting up a large standard, I'm more curious what this innovation is.
It absolutely has to be a that quality of life system; they literally said in the past something along the lines of it not even needing to stay in the same genre of entertainment, but rather, be a system to improve the users lives. This dates back to gamecube projects, such as the heart monitor (the finger device).

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
OMG DAT PICTURE. DDDDDAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!

NOW I WANT IT TO HAPPEN.
I really don't see the problem with a Holiday, 2016 launch. July, 2016 is a tad too early thought.
Really?

Holiday 2016 feels too soon for me. The Wii U has only been around for about 2 years and 7 months as of now. If it launches on Holiday 2016, itd be only 4 years old. Assuming the NX is the Wii U's successor, that is still too soon if you ask me

Last edited:

AreJay25

So the new patch didnt kill replays.

So either the data miners have work to do or its nothing. Bring on the royu 2.0
Nintendo threw out the infamous vague "Adjustments made to improve experience" statement too.

And I'm not noticing anything different.

Either they fixed online issues or this was just a pointless patch. Or there's something bigger...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So guys.
When do you think the next Direct will be?
Because I am dying for news.
Hell I would take news on Mario and Sonic so they can actually talk about the 4+ new characters in the game. If there actually are any.
My best guess if its a Nintendo Direct end of July, maybe. Although if you want something to be hyped about there is the Pokenn Tournament Stream tomorrow.

Also guys something I've found weird, how comes we have amiibo scalpers, but not Disney Infinity Figure scalpers? Unless it turns out at the start of Disney Infinity there was scalpers, but Disney was able to put a end to that with having lots of money to just be able to print them again.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
New Smash Bros update (1.0.9).... what's it about?
Replays still work, so no balance changes. Weird.

I added a redirect from the original version so other sites won't lose their linkage.

Since we are on our own hosting we will have a lot more tools available, and we will be able to better control and organize our content!

Special thanks to:

+Soma
+Crane043
+Teh_CBass

New writers:
@Roger Smith
@Fuzzy Pickles!
@TheAnvil

Keep up the good work!

Great news, I still love muh WiiU/3DS.

AreJay25

If data miners discover future DLC characters in this patch I swear to god.

I can't handle this again.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It absolutely has to be a that quality of life system; they literally said in the past something along the lines of it not even needing to stay in the same genre of entertainment, but rather, be a system to improve the users lives. This dates back to gamecube projects, such as the heart monitor (the finger device).
I was initially thinking the NX might be a mobile system, but then I remembered it was announced to quell the fear that Nintendo was still making systems. I was thinking it would be like a fit bit/smart phone/gameboy/smart watch.

I cant wait to argue with people who refuse to believe multiple sources and compare it to gematsu again :estatic:

That is assuming there is anything in there which i kind of doubt. Maybe some early files for tourny or the stages but i dont see character leaks. Right?

AreJay25

I cant wait to argue with people who refuse to believe multiple sources and compare it to gematsu again :estatic:

That is assuming there is anything in there which i kind of doubt. Maybe some early files for tourny or the stages but i dont see character leaks. Right?
Guess we'll have to wait and see. How long did it take Quagsire to go through the files the last time?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

I guess they won't fall by the same mistake again;.. in the Mewtwo patch, the game was being prepared to receive downloadable content.. this time, they don't need to add anything premature for future characters;.. and besides, anything from now it's part of Ballot results, right? Which couldn't be decided before October (hypothetically speaking; but who knows?.. on the flip side, they can already have the current "winner' in development)

AreJay25

I guess they won't fall by the same mistake again;.. in the Mewtwo patch, the game was being prepared to receive downloadable content.. this time, they don't need to add anything premature for future characters;.. and besides, anything from now it's part of Ballot results, right? Which couldn't be decided before October (hypothetically speaking; but who knows?.. on the flip side, they can already have the current "winner' in development)
I don't know, man. Anything can happen when Sakurai's involved lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, they must think of both popularity and moveset potential when selecting a winner to the ballot, so it may very well be the case

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Also guys something I've found weird, how comes we have amiibo scalpers, but not Disney Infinity Figure scalpers? Unless it turns out at the start of Disney Infinity there was scalpers, but Disney was able to put a end to that with having lots of money to just be able to print them again.
There are some extreme differences to how the amiibo were handled.
Before launch start, they are a video game franchise aimed at video game buyers- versus movies and passive entertainment characters. It is Nintendo's field, and many of the characters have rarely or never had merchandise.

Once launch, 25 percent of the initial wave was discontinued only 12 days after the figures were made available. This lead to extreme panic, a load of misinformation, and each wave (which is much more rapid than Infinity 'waves') becoming a new generation of experience for those looking to buy.

As the waves continued, the scalping got worse. Preorders, seemingly unnecessary at first, became necessity, and then overseas shipping- each wave, the next level of 'how immediately do I need this product?' became more urgent. Never knowing what the long term plans are for the characters, and especially as it is the Smash line (the essential Nintendo line), any collector who wanted any of them as a collector, immediately saw the need to get them immediately.

In short, demand from urgency and minimal supply left Nintendo amiibo as the winner.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Special thanks to:

+Soma
+Crane043
+Teh_CBass

New writers:
@Roger Smith
@Fuzzy Pickles!
@TheAnvil

You guys are moving up the world.

Seriously keep up the great work. your Articles are some of the only things I will actually sit down and read. Bar these posts of course. To celebrate let's throw a party :D

Also Whilst looking for gifs I stumbled upon this little devil.
I supported him before but now :') I want him just that bit more.:squirtle:

Dunno about you but I will be "howling" with excitement.:gova:

Starlight_Lily

Nintendo threw out the infamous vague "Adjustments made to improve experience" statement too.

And I'm not noticing anything different.

Either they fixed online issues or this was just a pointless patch. Or there's something bigger...
Wait, wasn't that there weird glitch with Pacman, you know his trampoline that would make characters fall through sometimes? You mean they had the chance to get rid of it and didn't?

Also calling it now the patch contains data for all missing vets and stages, as well as Goku as a newcomer. Now the only question for you lot, which Goku am I talking about, the Goku we all wouldn't mind or the Goku we don't want? :troll:

AreJay25

Wait, wasn't that there weird glitch with Pacman, you know his trampoline that would make characters fall through sometimes? You mean they had the chance to get rid of it and didn't?

Also calling it now the patch contains data for all missing vets and stages, as well as Goku as a newcomer. Now the only question for you lot, which Goku am I talking about, the Goku we all wouldn't mind or the Goku we don't want? :troll:
The answer is yes.

Soul.

You can't have Squirtle if there is no Ivysaur.
Those two characters mesh well together. #INeedMorePokémon

Starlight_Lily

There are some extreme differences to how the amiibo were handled.
Before launch start, they are a video game franchise aimed at video game buyers- versus movies and passive entertainment characters. It is Nintendo's field, and many of the characters have rarely or never had merchandise.

Once launch, 25 percent of the initial wave was discontinued only 12 days after the figures were made available. This lead to extreme panic, a load of misinformation, and each wave (which is much more rapid than Infinity 'waves') becoming a new generation of experience for those looking to buy.

As the waves continued, the scalping got worse. Preorders, seemingly unnecessary at first, became necessity, and then overseas shipping- each wave, the next level of 'how immediately do I need this product?' became more urgent. Never knowing what the long term plans are for the characters, and especially as it is the Smash line (the essential Nintendo line), any collector who wanted any of them as a collector, immediately saw the need to get them immediately.

In short, demand from urgency and minimal supply left Nintendo amiibo as the winner.
Thanks for the info that's really cool. Even with that though I'm still shocked that with some of the less popular Disney Infinity Figures still aren't as rare as amiibo and have scalpers picking them.

The answer is yes.
No the answer is You are Number 2.

Do you want know which Goku I mean? Open the next spoiler box and see
Did you really think I'd tell you? Okay maybe this time
Nope still not going to say.
You couldn't resist this Spoiler box could you? Well since your here, here's the answer
Got you again:troll:

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think Paper Mario is far more different from Mario (and half the Smash cast) than Roy is from Marth. Especially once alt colors are taken into account, half of Fire Emblem looks nearly the same (especially on the handheld).
Paper Mario is an entirely different art design, and requires it. That is a bigger stylistic and aesthetic visual, at least to me, than nearly anything else I could think of.
It's still Mario. I don't care how different the art style is; Marth and Roy are different people. Paper Mario and Mario are alternate universe versions of eachother.

The response I quoted had seemed to state that there is no way to know if anything is in development now at all. Obviously something is in development now, the team is not going to dissipate simply to reinstate for future characters. It is inconceivable that no characters are in development now.
And as the person you actually quoted, I'm telling you that's not what I meant.

The "proof" we were talking about was the two placeholder Mario slots found in the Mewtwo update. At the time of the Mewtwo update, there was no proof that those two characters were actually in development yet.

Obviously they are at this point, but back then, no, there was proof of nothing except that they prepared space for additional characters. That's what I meant.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
...why on earth would this man give Mickey THAT symbol, instead of the iconic mouse ears?
because it's supposed to be based on Epic Mickey; (if we ever get Mickey at Smash someday, I'd like to see him as mix of all his video game appearances. :p )

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Smash Wii U 1.0.9 Update released as well as Maintenance on the server tomorrow...
EDIT: Nevermind, maintenance was today. Kept on thinking today was Wednesday in my Time Zone XD.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I was playing on Miiverse and I saw this:

"The Metroid franchise is as dead as Samus' parents (And as dead as Lucas' family)"

What in the actual **** miiverse? :facepalm: :glare:
Literally best stage

Lite..rally best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom