• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Why wasn't Kirby in Mario Kart 8?
Nintendo please continue mario kart 8 DLC. I want kirby and captain falcon as playable racers and i want 16 more new courses.

the DLC's have been a huge success. i don't know why they would not consider continuing it for one more round.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Guys seeing how we are on the topic.
How long have you been following Johnny?
I have been a fan since 2008 back when he did unleashed and his original Review of Adventure through Secret Rings.
Never looked back since then.
I've known about him for a few years now because of his cross-overs with Clement who I started watching around 2009 but I didn't start actively following him until a few months ago after watching and enjoying a ton of his Metroid reviews.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys seeing how we are on the topic.
How long have you been following Johnny?
I have been a fan since 2008 back when he did unleashed and his original Review of Adventure through Secret Rings.
Never looked back since then.

Curses.
I legit thought this was real for some reason.
I do hope DLC pack 3 comes.
NintenDLC is the best kind of DLC.

The fact Chuuga is a fan of these two. :4lucas::4ness: makes everything better.
And Shulk and that cool Real Life Monado he owns.
It was about 2 years ago when a friend showed me Johnny's Sonic Q and A animation...Took a look 'he's a reviewer? Better take a look' Only one I haven't seen is No more Heroes 2, which got deleted on blip and isn't on youtube? Bleh.
The NX launching in 2016 is suicide.

Nintendo I beg you. Don't.
Considering Nintendo's current situation...I have high hopes for them, though a 2016 release isn't the smartest thing. Nintendo driven in a corner is best Nintendo, they panic and release great games with their IP at that point iirc

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Anyone hear SF5's Character Select song?

Definitely a refreshing take, especially after all the electronic/dubsteppy music that was in every Capcom fighter starting with SFIV (not that it was bad mind you).
Honestly if the whole soundtrack is like this, it might actually dethrone SF3 for me.

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97
First found about Johnny through BSC, actually. It was like right after Generations came out and I looked up some playthroughs. Lo and behold, BSC's playthrough was one of the first videos to pop up.

And the rest was history.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So new topic...
I don't have any interest in Project X Zone/2, but I think the idea of solo units are neat.
They're characters you summon once per battle to assist your combos with their own basically. You can choose a specific one for your team.
I wish Assist Trophies were like this. In the next game I'd love if a feature like this was implemented.
Now that I think about, could we not have as feature like this as DLC for the Wii U version? Call it Assist Smash.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like Johnny. Too bad BSC is pretty much uninteresting without him.

They showed a trailer of it in December 2013 though

:troll:
I hate that trailer so much for teasing me.

Because Air Ride wasn't very good.

I'd still like to see a sequel though, just to see how they'd improve it.
Them fighting words, m8.

Anyone hear SF5's Character Select song?

Definitely a refreshing take, especially after all the electronic/dubsteppy music that was in every Capcom fighter starting with SFIV (not that it was bad mind you).
It's kinda generic and isn't as catchy as before. I still prefer Alpha 1/2 and 3rd Strike's selection theme.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm reading diamond is unbreakable
how ridiculous can these stands possibly get

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

AreJay25

Wasn't it said at some point that the Wii U would still get support and what not?
That's what people are saying. Something that supports this is the fact that Zelda U is a thing.

However, it's way too early to tell. Hope for the best and expect the worst.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm kinda expecting them to release the codename NX next year and make Zelda U cross platform. I also don't expect them to abandon the Wii U right away, though it will probably be treated more like the Vita (which has been officially called novelty hardware iirc)

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Here I am, still holding out for all those Kid Icarus Uprising port rumors to finally come true.

....seriously, there were like 3 different ones.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here I am, still holding out for all those Kid Icarus Uprising port rumors to finally come true.

Honestly, I'd rather take a new KI:U game. As there's still a lot of fun to be had with the concept.
We can make the creepy sun from Myths and Monsters a boss.

AreJay25

Hades may have been right the whole time about how long we'll wait for the sequel.

Honestly, I'd rather take a new KI:U game. As there's still a lot of fun to be had with the concept.
We can make the creepy sun from Myths and Monsters a boss.
Agreed. there is pretty much a huge amount of potential in the Series.

Because it's based on Greek mythology (with a dash of Roman from Orcos) there are plenty of characters we're missing out on.

Ares (god of freaking war) Nemesis, Zeus, Hera (everyone knows Hera is the most evil person in greek mythology) Pretty much any titan and the creator himself(itself?), Chaos
hell let's throw Chronos in there too and add a time travel plot.

a port could be nice but there isnt much point of porting a game that could easily get a sequel :/

Why is it I had to pick a game that goes straight onto hiatus to be my favorite game :urg:
Hades may have been right the whole time about how long we'll wait for the sequel.
King Dedede is the Sakurai of the kirby franchise (voices him in smash)

Hades is the Sakurai of KI and knows that Sakurai wont make a game. :cry:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah yeah, a KI:U sequel would be cool and all, but you know what would be REALLY cool? Another Pikmin game

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I like Johnny. Too bad BSC is pretty much uninteresting without him.

I hate that trailer so much for teasing me.

Them fighting words, m8.

It's kinda generic and isn't as catchy as before. I stIdill prefer Alpha 1/2 and 3rd Strike's selection theme.
Idk i think ted,lewis and possibly nathan could carry BSC is johnny ever decided to call it quits.

D

Deleted member

We have a third one and it's on the Wii U. Pikmin is relatively well cared for really.
KI:U is the third one and it's on the 3DS, it literally came out one year before Pikmin 3, they're pretty much in the same situation
EDIT: Also, something something Kid Icarus something something Sakurai bias

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least I still won't be 50 then :troll:
Everytime i come back to tjis page tou have a new avi. And i thought i was indecisive :p
KI:U is the third one and it's on the 3DS, it literally came out one year before Pikmin 3, they're pretty much in the same situation
EDIT: Also, something something Kid Icarus something something Sakurai bias
Not really the same situation.

KI had 2 platformers pretty spaced apart (especially in japan :smirk:) and a new game completely different in playstyle which for the most part got good response. Kid icarus has had sequels but uprising and its playstyle and characters haven't.

Also hasnt pikmin 4 been hinted at already and basically confirmed to happen at some point? Hell of a lot more than KI can say. Only news it has had is Sakurai is fine with keeping the game dormant. . . (Not what he said)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sakurai said he wasn't gonna work on the seri s anymore but someone, probably EAD can do the Kai series for future games.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Source Gaming is officially moved to SourceGaming.info!

I added a redirect from the original version so other sites won't lose their linkage.

If you subscribed to the original version, then you should still be subscribed.

Since we are on our own hosting we will have a lot more tools available, and we will be able to better control and organize our content!

Special thanks to:

@Spazzy_D @Aeris @ DMurr DMurr @SmashChu @BluePikmin11 @digitaleyes

+Soma
+Crane043
+Teh_CBass

New writers:
@Roger Smith
@Fuzzy Pickles!
@TheAnvil

And everyone who supports us!

We got more exciting news in the works!

Last edited: