• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
the community manager banned donors on the forums "for being pro-gamergate", although it was significantly more complex than that
ggers and anti-sj people naturally started using this as an excuse to boycott the game
WELL THEN. That proves that some people lied to get more negative attention for the game. Granted, they still ****ed up a bit.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why do people call someone pointing out something wrong a SJW? like, EVERY time.
See this pic, perfectly describes why they do. They complain about everything and it gets annoying

Mod Edit: Image contains censored word

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Apparently the issue was that Soleli was fainting in the middle of the battlefield because of cute girls (which makes no sense, especially with her, but lets go with it)
Probably the "too cute" factor, which usually results in compulsive behaviors like "I just have to pinch your cheeks!" or "I just have to dress you up in cute outfits!" or simply being overloaded with the level of cuteness, as it sounds like the case with Soleli the way its described.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
See this pic, perfectly describes why they do. They complain about everything and it gets annoying

Mod Edit: Image contained censored word, can't link it instead myself since it was an attached file.
That doesn't describe them at all.

Wanna know why? I'd know, because I am a SJW.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Remember if you're posting up an image that has text on it, scan over it for words that are censored on here. If it has a word censored on here, either edit it out yourself (blurring/blacking out/etc.) or link with a warning. I know it's a pain but failing to do so is essentially a censor dodge.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Again about Soleil?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's not meant as anti-gay propaganda. Someone had a tantrum over something she didn't fully look into. The drugging part is wrong, I'll say that, but that's a different issue which would have been very easy to prevent. Soleil still has her Girl Lover skill and she'll still go full girl fan in other supports

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Probably the "too cute" factor, which usually results in compulsive behaviors like "I just have to pinch your cheeks!" or "I just have to dress you up in cute outfits!" or simply being overloaded with the level of cuteness, as it sounds like the case with Soleli the way its described.
...Which, considering the world she lives in, is completely understandable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just want to know who names themselves "Laughing Banana". It sounds like the Ben and Jerry's flavor that never was.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Unfortunately no, as most of her supports have her refer to young woman as "cute girls." For instance, here's a bit from Female!Kamui's support with her:

Kamui: N-No! It was more shocking than that… no, maybe not quite as much as seeing you naked… Anyway, I saw it!
Soleil: Now, now. Calm down and tell me properly.
Kamui: …….. The thing I saw was… the outline of you and a village girl talking…
Soleil: Yeah, what’s wrong with that?
Kamui: It’s because what you were saying… was just so incredibly… embarrassing…
Soleil: ………. Just what kind of embarrassing thing could I have said to that girl? I have no memory of it at all…
Kamui: You said things like… “You’re looking cute again today,” or, “You’re lovably adorable,” and as you said them you got closer… You whispered in her ear, “Your shy and troubled reactions are too much for me to bear”… The final line was, “If I had the chance, I’d drown you in my love…”…
Soleil: Oh yeah, now I remember! You meant that time, huh.
Kamui: Just what the hell was up with that!? I got embarrassed and I was only listening in! This is definitely embarrassing right? It’s embarrassing now that I’ve pointed it out to you right? Please say yes!
Soleil: ………. … Nope, not a bit.
Kamui: Eeeeh?
Soleil: Just think about it clearly for a moment. No matter who’s looking at her, a cute girl is cute, right? I was only trying to convey those feelings honestly to her. Kamui, are you telling me you’d keep your feelings to yourself even if you thought she was cute? Now that’s just embarrassing for you. You’re wasting your life.
Kamui: I-I get it… No, no, no, I don’t get it at all!
Soleil: In that case, shouldn’t you try it out for yourself?
Kamui: Huh?
Soleil: C’mon, try to woo me. I’ll even rate your performance. Since it’s your first time hitting on a girl, I’m getting kind of excited.
Kamui: N-No… I think I’ll hold off on that…
One of the lines in particular even has her get in close to that girl, so it doesn't really make sense for her to faint like that. It's pretty out of character for her to talk to this girl fine and then in a battlefield, where she'd expected to fight, freak out when she comes across another.

Khoru

Smash Champion
those supports are just funny in the sense of "this is real text in a fire emblem game"
it's not even bad
it's just
why

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Alright guys but I'm gonna be real...one of the WORST parts of Fates so far...

Is Draj not getting supports.

Look at this cute, genius explorer, who is delegated to being a capturable boss.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
A furry is someone who's fetish is anthropomorphic animals, and most furries are open about it. Also, as you said you're an SJW, define SJW.
SJW, in my opinion, is someone against anti-LGBT, racism, and the likes. They defend those who they feel don't deserve the hate they get.

They don't "ruin the fun", they "ruin" blatant hate.

EDIT: Anna is a fan favourite character. She can only support Kamui, Robin and Tiki in both of her playable appearances"

Draj is also a fan favorite and the third chubby character on the good guys side that I can count. She has NO supports. Sorry your waifu doesn't get any.

EDIT 2: Third chubby character the whole series.

Last edited:

Chrono.

This one worries me, I'm seeing some claims that
Hoshido and Nohr end on cliffhangers, and are essentially pointless to play because the 3rd route is what gives you the full picture.

The problem is, the 3rd version is full and on cartridge which is scummy enough by itself, but if the above is true then.. holy **** why??

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hoshido and Nohr end on cliffhangers, and are essentially pointless to play because the 3rd route is what gives you the full picture.

The problem is, the 3rd version is full and on cartridge which is scummy enough by itself, but if the above is true then.. holy **** why??
False! Characters that are in the third route die in the story of the other two
SJW, in my opinion, is someone against anti-LGBT, racism, and the likes. They defend those who they feel don't deserve the hate they get.

EDIT: Anna is a fan favourite character. She can only support Kamui, Robin and Tiki in both of her playable appearances"

Draj is also a fan favorite and the third chubby character on the good guys side that I can count. She has NO supports. Sorry your waifu doesn't get any.

EDIT 2: Third chubby character the whole series.
I need a source for Draj being a fan favourite. Only reactions I've seen are yours and someone going 'ew, fat!'

That's...not what people mean with SJW... What people mean by that is people who will make ANYTHING appear sexist to women and yelling 'die you white male cis scum', and by having the biggest victim complex. Hulk costume labelled 'for boys' OMG THIS IS OFFENSIVE HOW DARE THEY MAKE THIS

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's...not what people mean with SJW... What people mean by that is people who will make ANYTHING appear sexist to women and yelling 'die you white male cis scum', and by having the biggest victim complex. Hulk costume labelled 'for boys' OMG THIS IS OFFENSIVE HOW DARE THEY MAKE THIS
Nobody says "die white male cis scum" unironically lmao

Victim complex?? What are you talking about??? Abuse victims???
Barely anyone complains about things labeled for boys what are you talking about
They complain when said female character is "powerful" despite wearing kneecap long shorts and a tank-top and nothing else.

EDIT: I need a source for Draj being a fan favourite. Only reactions I've seen are yours and someone going 'ew, fat!'"

Multiple reddit threads and, even though I know how hated tumblr is around here, the "draj" tag on tumblr. I've only seen one actual hatethread for her, on gamefaqs.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
those kinds of people essentially only exist for the sake of this kind of argument
like people will generally say stuff like radical feminists (and subsets like TERFs and SWERFs)
they're just as shunned in the "proper" SJ community, but they're a minority that shouldn't define the movement

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Money, it's a gas. Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
those kinds of people essentially only exist for the sake of this kind of argument
like people will generally say stuff like radical feminists (and subsets like TERFs and SWERFs)
they're just as shunned in the "proper" SJ community, but they're a minority that shouldn't define the movement
Doesn't change the fact that those morons are what people think of with the word 'SJW'
A better word would be 'equality supporters'
Nobody says "die white male cis scum" unironically lmao

Victim complex?? What are you talking about??? Abuse victims???
Barely anyone complains about things labeled for boys what are you talking about
They complain when said female character is "powerful" despite wearing kneecap long shorts and a tank-top and nothing else.

EDIT: I need a source for Draj being a fan favourite. Only reactions I've seen are yours and someone going 'ew, fat!'"

Multiple reddit threads and, even though I know how hated tumblr is around here, the "draj" tag on tumblr. I've only seen one actual hatethread for her, on gamefaqs.
An SJW is known for the things I said. You seem to misunderstand me again. An SJW would go 'THAT WOMAN'S SHIRT IN THE OLYMPICS SAYS NIGER HOW DISCRIMINATING!'
You seem to think "Everyone is equal"
What does this have to do with my post tho
Azura/Aqua is alive in the third path but dies in the endings of the other two lines, not to mention the third route is when Korrin decides not to choose either Hoshido or Nohr

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Doesn't change the fact that those morons are what people think of with the word 'SJW'
A better word would be 'equality supporters'

An SJW is known for the things I said. You seem to misunderstand me again. An SJW would go 'THAT WOMAN'S SHIRT IN THE OLYMPICS SAYS NIGER HOW DISCRIMINATING!'
You seem to think "Everyone is equal"
Since when did I say I think everyone's equal?

..Are you kidding me with the Niger part? Like, are you?
A better word would not be equality supporters because an equality supporter is an egalitarian. SJW's look for justice in people who are opressed and the such. Also, it doesn't change the fact, but it should, because said "fact" is fake. No one acts like that. Only 2012 4channers think that, along with every year redditors.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Since when did I say I think everyone's equal?

..Are you kidding me with the Niger part? Like, are you?
A better word would not be equality supporters because an equality supporter is an egalitarian. SJW's look for justice in people who are opressed and the such. Also, it doesn't change the fact, but it should, because said "fact" is fake. No one acts like that. Only 2012 4channers think that, along with every year redditors.
Who do you think isn't equal then?
SJWs are what people call the victim complex people who whine, are they in the minority? Maybe, but they're a damn vocal one as I've never seen an SJW of what you guys claim is an SJW. I believe people are equal regardless of religion, sexuality, skin colour or gender. Is this what you mean with SJW?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
SJWs are what people call the victim complex people who whine, are they in the minority? Maybe, but they're a damn vocal one as I've never seen an SJW of what you guys claim is an SJW. I believe people are equal regardless of religion, sexuality, skin colour or gender. Is this what you mean with SJW?
No, that's not what I mean with SJW. How about you go back and read my definition?

SJW is what actual SJW's have called themselves since the beginning. Dosn't matter if they're a vocal minority, they are still a minority, and the majority should not be judged for their mistakes. Also where's this victim complex BS coming from?

Khoru

Smash Champion
okay here's the thing
nearly nobody in the movement actually sincerely says "SJW"
it's a joke pretty much, because it's an absolutely ridiculous term that's been made more meaningless by 4channers/whoever throwing it around so much

but yes, essentially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom