• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Maybe I like Adventure one because it honestly does feel like an adventure with the help of hub Worlds.
Speaking of hub worlds, they were one of the things I loved most about Unleashed. They were small, so you incase you didn't like them, you can get through them quickly, the NPCS all had their own look and personality, I even grew attached to a couple of them, and the amount of detail that went into Unleashed's world was amazing, I never thought I would see a Full Metal Alchemist reference in a Sonic game. It gave a great sense of adventure, something I want to see in another Sonic game.
If there's one thing SA1 got wrong, it's Tails' levels. (which are really just Sonic's but watered down)
It's a shame Tails was restricted to just races, he was so much fun to control in SA1.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I prefer Adventure 2 compared to 1 solely for the superior Chao garden. I spent so many hours just playing around in that thing. The normal gameplay was good too.

My biggest gripe with the game was sticking Tails in a mech. I loved his gameplay in SA1 so it was seriously disappointing taking away what made him my favorite video game character in the first place. His ability to fly freely.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My biggest gripe with the game was sticking Tails in a mech. I loved his gameplay in SA1 so it was seriously disappointing taking away what made him my favorite video game character in the first place. His ability to fly freely.
And the beeping. Never forget the beeping.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Speaking of hub worlds, they were one of the things I loved most about Unleashed. They were small, so you incase you didn't like them, you can get through them quickly, the NPCS all had their own look and personality, I even grew attached to a couple of them, and the amount of detail that went into Unleashed's world was amazing, I never thought I would see a Full Metal Alchemist reference in a Sonic game. It gave a great sense of adventure, something I want to see in another Sonic game.

It's a shame Tails was restricted to just races, he was so much fun to control in SA1.
The hub worlds in sonic games have wonderful music.
Station square, Soleanna and All of the Unleashed hub worlds. Have Music that I revisit on a regular basis.
Soleanna is too big for it's own good.
Station square has a very nice set-up and also shows Big as complete *** in terms of how he regards car parking.
He Just lifts a car up to get underneath like he doesn't give a ****.
And unleashed has my favourite hub Worlds in the series all of them are good, In Day and night. And the music coincides perfectly. Speaking of big. He went from this slow *** fisher to a complete power house in Heroes.
He doesn't have a care in the world in Heroes with the things he can achieve with that fishing Rod.
And just to clarify:
It annoyed me beyond belief. The fact you can play as tails in the chao garden where he works so well. His movement and flying is perfect in how he controls. And seeing Eggman run is the best thing ever and I'm sad we didn't see hi do it in the likes of City Escape. Oh wait there's a mod for that:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It annoyed me beyond belief. The fact you can play as tails in the chao garden where he works so well. His movement and flying is perfect in how he controls. And seeing Eggman run is the best thing ever and I'm sad we didn't see hi do it in the likes of City Escape. Oh wait there's a mod for that:
You know, with enough effort that could end up being a really good mod.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
In my Opinion I think Adventure 1 is better than Sa2.
I like Big, Gamma and Amy they added a new perspective to the series.
Sonic, Tails and Knuckles made the jump to 3d really well in SA1.
Then Sa2 shoved Tails in a mech. (I don't mind Eggman in the mech however as it makes logical sense)
Somehow made the treasure hunting levels worse. (Which for a sequel is saying something)
Removed Amy and Big. And Gamma, Because he actually stayed dead unlike the Edge.
Seriously Gamma even for being a robot. It leaves an impact on you when he has to kill his Siblings (robots he was created with)
And then he dies at the end of his story. I also think Big is an extremely underrated character. Big for Smash.Maybe I like Adventure one because it honestly does feel like an adventure with the help of hub Worlds.
I mostly agree.
The three places SA2 legit has an edge over SA1 in my opinion are graphics, chao garden, and the grinding mechanic.

D

Deleted member

That has nothing to do with this as Sonic Dash 1 was released before Boom's announcement. I was talking about how the Boom spinoff has had more games than the mainseries games and SEGA keeps saying "Don't worry, we aren't replacing it!" It's just like if Nintendo said "Don't worry, we'll work on a real Metroid game some day!" after releasing 5 games without the classic themes or Samus
You said that it had three console games in response to Dash 2.
Dash 2 isn't a console game.

And that Metroid comparison isn't a good one. At all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, what I'm curious if how they'll deal with Sonic Boom. I get the whole "try try again" thing, but there needs to be a point to where you realize that something just doesn't work.

Soul.

Sonic Adventure was alright. It was pretty good for what it is, technically the first 3D Sonic game (although Sonic Jam's Sonic World would like to have a word with you); music was alright.
Sonic Adventure 2 is good because of the Knuckles stage songs. How can you not like those.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
See, what I'm curious if how they'll deal with Sonic Boom. I get the whole "try try again" thing, but there needs to be a point to where you realize that something just doesn't work.
While Boom has failed in the game department, the TV show has been very successful, as well as the merchandise , which were the main focus of Boom to begin with (the show was announced before the games). As long as that's a success, the Boom sub-franchise will live on.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sonic Adventure 2 is good because of the Knuckles stage songs. How can you not like those.
I still can't get over the line "Yeah Rouge she's sexy and smooth" in Wild Canyon's song. It's not necessarily inappropriate, but not something I expected to find in a Sonic game, either.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I still can't get over the line "Yeah Rouge she's sexy and smooth" in Wild Canyon's song. It's not necessarily inappropriate, but not something I expected to find in a Sonic game, either.
Don't forget "You're damn right, Knuckles."

... Which got removed in the GC version and yet the Rouge line remains.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I mostly agree.
The three places SA2 legit has an edge over SA1 in my opinion are graphics, chao garden, and the grinding mechanic.
I do love it when Jokes make themselves :gova:
But yeah I agree in those three aspects it does have some improvements.

And I have seen gameplay of Sonic Boom Dash 2
It has a decent tune to listen to.
And It adds grind rails which are pretty cool in my book.

I do love it when Jokes make themselves :gova:
But yeah I agree in those three aspects it does have some improvements.

And I have seen gameplay of Sonic Boom Dash 2
It has a decent tune to listen to.
And It adds grind rails which are pretty cool in my book.
Sure it has grindrails. . . But does it have bounce pads?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
See, I think that's why I remember you. In fact, I think one of the first posts I noticed was someone making fun of him, and you posted a gif of him saying something like -- I can't remember, but it was him basically saying he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Know which one I'm talking about?
Not in particular. So many posts about Ghirahim lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well if we're talking about early posts, I have a hard time looking at mine. Especially my "attempts" at arguments. Or as I call them: "Straw grasp and then get salty afterwards."

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This is completely random, but I've found probably one of the best reactions to Roy and Ryu's reveals.
At least its better than Etika's reactions :troll:.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Even though I prefer SA1 over SA2

Removing Big's gameplay was the biggest gameplay improvement SA2 had. **** the fishing bull****. WHY add that to a Sonic game WHYYY. I'm sorry but there is no justification for Big's gameplay. It is completely out of place and all it does is alienate people from finishing the game. Not every Sonic fan wants to sit through poorly designed fishing levels. I love SA1 but just no.

With that said, I've enjoyed everyone else's gameplay. Especially Gamma's, although his is a cakewalk (just like most of the game), it was mad addicting trying to beat the stages with the best time combos.

Which is weird because Meta Knight is as rare as people believed. I found one at a Wal-Mart a week ago and at a Game Stop 3 weeks ago
He recently got a restock.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Removing Big's gameplay was the biggest gameplay improvement SA2 had. **** the fishing bull****. WHY add that to a Sonic game WHYYY. I'm sorry but there is no justification for Big's gameplay. It is completely out of place and all it does is alienate people from finishing the game. Not every Sonic fan wants to sit through poorly designed fishing levels. I love SA1 but just no.
Well, there might be one reason...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Even though I prefer SA1 over SA2

With that said, I've enjoyed everyone else's gameplay. Especially Gamma's, although his is a cakewalk (just like most of the game), it was mad addicting trying to beat the stages with the best time combos.

He recently got a restock.
yeah, I mean... SEGA Bass Fishing was a thing;

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Sorry for posting so soon again. Do you guys remember the obviously fake NX leak this morning? Well, the leaker himself confirmed it as "fake" in a fake Nintendo Direct.
I find it funny ever since Artsy Omni made the Rayman Leak, everyone is trying to copy his style.
Even the Mario Fludd Splatoon Leak tried to do that. I feel like I want to majorly facepalm:

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Like don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed fishing in games. But... it being a mandatory thing in a Sonic game is really strange.

AreJay25

IIRC, Big was included to promote Sega's fishing rod peripheral.

Why they decided to use that on a SONIC game of all things has yet to be answered.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
nah.....

IT MEANS X-NAUT CONFIRMED!!!!

(can;t resist, someone named @ Kevandre Kevandre made a funny straw grasp and I jsut keep memories of it :) ).
chromxnaut.png

You mean that Captain Falcon beat Chrom out of the game, who wears the X-Nauts insignia, Paper Mario beat the X-Nauts, thus Paper Mario confirmed?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
IIRC, Big was included to promote Sega's fishing rod peripheral.

Why they decided to use that on a SONIC game of all things has yet to be answered.
I believe the reasoning was that Sonic Team wanted a character who wasn't so dead-set on they're goal, and the player could complete the level at any pace. So Big was made.

Chrono.

I believe the reasoning was that Sonic Team wanted a character who wasn't so dead-set on they're goal, and the player could complete the level at any pace. So Big was made.
Kinda wish they would've made him optional in that case, but eh, 4 levels isn't so bad.

Even if I still have no idea what I'm doing when I play those.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Kinda wish they would've made him optional in that case, but eh, 4 levels isn't so bad.

Even if I still have no idea what I'm doing when I play those.
I use to have trouble, but I have a rather easy time with them now.

Relevant to the topic.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Late late late, but do people seriously use the "3 Marios" argument? Let me stomp that for you.

Mario is literally the most famous gaming character of all time. That is indisputable. With that kind of fame, he should have much more then three versions of himself in a game starring him.

Also, Paper Mario, moveset-wise, is 0% Mario.

AreJay25

Because it's a killer app. If anything, why wouldn't they?
Sega Bass Fishing literally came out a few months later. They could have waited.

That would explain why he has no legitimate effect on the story, then...

Chrono.

I still love how Sakurai still pushes the SF2 aspect of Ryu than just a mesh of all games.

Also I kinda hate that because the Alpha games don't get mention in any features of his moveset and it's mostly SF2/3/4
To be fair, what could he bring from there? The Alpha Counter? The Satsui no Hado? V-ISM?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Late late late, but do people seriously use the "3 Marios" argument? Let me stomp that for you.

Mario is literally the most famous gaming character of all time. That is indisputable. With that kind of fame, he should have much more then three versions of himself in a game starring him.

Also, Paper Mario, moveset-wise, is 0% Mario.
It doesn't matter.

Some of us would rather see unique individual characters rather than Mario #3 and Link #3.

Like I said in my post about it; yeah, Paper Mario would play differently. But I don't care because he's still just Mario with a different art style. I want someone who's not Mario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom