• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hopefully the Miiverse stage does, too. Love the overall stage, not so fond of the often vulgar Miiverse posts (though I must admit some are really good, even the gross ones!).
Worst I saw was 'LUCINA DID 9/11'
A had a friend over who decided to use Sonic. The first post we saw said 'Autism'. Judging by the outline it was about Sonic. My friend is autistic and easily hurt. That is when I decided to use parental controls on Miiverse

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Chubby/small Sonic is better than taller DC era Sonic.

Chubby/small Sonic was in the best Sonic games.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Well, thanks. I'm a lot better at speculation now, I think. Back then my only posts were "GHIRAHIM THO RIGHT LOL"
...Okay, actually, maybe not. lol
See, I think that's why I remember you. In fact, I think one of the first posts I noticed was someone making fun of him, and you posted a gif of him saying something like -- I can't remember, but it was him basically saying he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Know which one I'm talking about?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm pretty sure that Monopoly is a game where the winner is decided by who can play it for the most time without getting bored
If you add house rules. Actually playing Monopoly with the regular rules will make the game go by much quicker. Things like adding free money into Free Parking, and calculating 10% of only your cash for taxes instead of all your assets are what drags the game. Also the limited houses and hotels are on purpose. One strategy is to buy four houses for your properties and hold onto them, thus preventing other people from investing into their property. Furthermore you are suppose to auction property that you don't buy. Most of the property should be bought in two laps.

Monopoly is a game designed to show the evils of capitalism. You are suppose to be a jerk...but over the years we added house rules which made the game less fun, and take a lot longer.

Last time I played Monopoly, I had to quit early as my coworker tried pulling the house rule bull, and I called him out on it. I refused to let him get away with it, so we all had to stop as he was trying to cheat (which he even admits).

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
LABYRINTH! SPINBALL! BLAST! 3D BLAST! DRIFT AND IT'S SEQUEL! 1,2,CD,3 AND KNUCKLES WERE HIS GOOD GAMES.
Why are you bringing up insignificant spinoffs? A lot of the spinoffs never mattered...

I like Modern Sonic but I think Classic Sonic had it better with the quality ratio of the mainline games personally. That and I like the 16bit Classics the most, they were the most fun I have.

This isn't to say Modern didn't have good games though. I like Adventure 1, 2, Colors and Generations. Colors and Generations actually ranks in my top 5 favorite Sonic games.

Of course this is all opinions, but I don't understand the argument you're presenting???

EDIT: On a side note, I thought 3D Blast was actually decent. Blast (not 3D Blast) and Labyrinth were utter garbage.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh please. Labyrinth isn't the worst Sonic has to offer.
I can pull up Sonic's Schoolhouse again if you like (or the Sonic X game for the Leapfrog)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am a champion at Monopoly.

Undefeated.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Worst I saw was 'LUCINA DID 9/11'
A had a friend over who decided to use Sonic. The first post we saw said 'Autism'. Judging by the outline it was about Sonic. My friend is autistic and easily hurt. That is when I decided to use parental controls on Miiverse
I've seen very bad words and drawings. I can't believe Nintendo decided to let the Miiverse stage go unfiltered. Seriously, I could see a lawsuit on their hands considering this stage was free (and required as part of the update) for a game that's rated "E".

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why are you bringing up insignificant spinoffs? A lot of the spinoffs never mattered...

I like Modern Sonic but I think Classic Sonic had it better with the quality ratio of the mainline games personally. That and I like the 16bit Classics the most, they were the most fun I have.

This isn't to say Modern didn't have good games though. I like Adventure 1, 2, Colors and Generations. Colors and Generations actually ranks in my top 5 favorite Sonic games.

Of course this is all opinions, but I don't understand the argument you're presenting???

EDIT: On a side note, I thought 3D Blast was actually decent. Blast (not 3D Blast) and Labyrinth were utter garbage.
Because they are crap games with chubby Sonic. Anvil said Chubby was in the best games. Granted, 3 & Knuckles is amazing but 1 was kinda meh looking back at it, and I ended up glitching 2 a lot in Hill Top. Super Sonic sunk through the lava and got shot to the sky being unable to move

Naoshi

Because they are crap games with chubby Sonic. Anvil said Chubby was in the best games. Granted, 3 & Knuckles is amazing but 1 was kinda meh looking back at it, and I ended up glitching 2 a lot in Hill Top. Super Sonic sunk through the lava and got shot to the sky being unable to move
Uhhhh, that didn't mean he said Classic Sonic was flawless. Of course he had poor games too >_> Why are you twisting his words like that? He just prefers Classic Sonic's gameplay over Modern. That's all.

I thought Sonic 1 was a pretty great game, as was Sonic 2 and CD. I had no issues playing them outside of a few poor levels. But to each their own!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Uhhhh, that didn't mean he said Classic Sonic was flawless. Of course he had poor games too >_> Why are you twisting his words like that? He just prefers Classic Sonic's gameplay over Modern. That's all.

I thought Sonic 1 was a pretty great game, as was Sonic 2 and CD. I had no issues playing them outside of a few poor levels.
Maybe it's because I desperately eed sleep...Bleh. I'll get some rest.

Naoshi

Maybe it's because I desperately eed sleep...Bleh. I'll get some rest.
Eh, it happens lol No harm done

EDIT: With that said, I really wish Modern Sonic gain back his gameplay he had from Unleashed/Colors/Generations. It was so fun, and I felt Generations near-perfected his formula. Whyyy sega, why do you have to ditch good things?!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Eh, it happens lol No harm done

EDIT: With that said, I really wish Modern Sonic gain back his gameplay he had from Unleashed/Colors/Generations. It was so fun, and I felt Generations near-perfected his formula. Whyyy sega, why do you have to ditch good things?!
Because neither Sega or the fans know what the hell they want.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This idea may be a bit out of proportion, but do you guys expect a character reveal at EVO 2015? Personally I don't, but what do you guys think?
EDIT: It seems like a no then...

Last edited:

Naoshi

Because neither Sega or the fans know what the hell they want.
This is what I'd love Sega to do:

Have 2 series since both gameplays has their own market and fans.

Classic for those into the classic momentum-based platforming. No Sonic 4 and certainly never ever hire Dimps for the level design. Have the physics work well, it doesn't need to be accurate, but get it to the level of Sonic Advance 1 or Sonic Generatons 3DS. The physics in both games played very well and I am very baffled that Dimps just straight up used Sonic Rush's physics for Sonic 4, ugh.

Have Modern Sonic for his mainline 3D games, base it off of the Modern gameplay they've recently ditched. Improve upon its aspects, it's already great but I think it has a lot of untapped potential there. Or have a Sonic Adventure style game? Heck, throw in the Chao Garden in either case, that was the ****!

SEGA needs to stop constantly reinventing the wheel, stick to something consistent. It's okay to have a different game every once in a while, but don't completely ditch something that really worked!

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
It wasn't my Wiimote, it was just that the controls didn't click with me (and some bugginess with the homing attack that led to deaths). The side-to-side was fine I guess but combined with the on-rails design it was hard to go where you were trying to go every time, and forget braking/backing up because that required you to tilt the Wiimote backwards which also ended up being wonky.

If you enjoyed the game and handled the controls fine that's great, but it was not my cup of tea and it didn't really feel like a Sonic game to me.
That's cool. We all have different taste. :seuss:

AreJay25

This is what I'd love Sega to do:

Have 2 series since both gameplays has their own market and fans.

Classic for those into the classic momentum-based platforming. No Sonic 4 and certainly never ever hire Dimps for the level design. Have the physics work well, it doesn't need to be accurate, but get it to the level of Sonic Advance 1 or Sonic Generatons 3DS. The physics in both games played very well and I am very baffled that Dimps just straight up used Sonic Rush's physics for Sonic 4, ugh.

Have Modern Sonic for his mainline 3D games, base it off of the Modern gameplay they've recently ditched. Improve upon its aspects, it's already great but I think it has a lot of untapped potential there. Or have a Sonic Adventure style game? Heck, throw in the Chao Garden in either case, that was the ****!

SEGA needs to stop constantly reinventing the wheel, stick to something consistent. It's okay to have a different game every once in a while, but don't completely ditch something that really worked!
This would be ideal, but then people would still complain and say "sega u need to INNOVAYTE! STAHP GIVING US THE SAYME GAMEZ!" And then they actually try something else and then the cycle starts all over again.

Unfortunately, that's just how it goes with this franchise. There's no way to satisfy everyone anymore.

Naoshi

This would be ideal, but then people would still complain and say "sega u need to INNOVAYTE! STAHP GIVING US THE SAYME GAMEZ!" And then they actually try something else and then the cycle starts all over again.

Unfortunately, that's just how it goes with this franchise. There's no way to satisfy everyone anymore.
Those kind of people are in the vocal minority honestly. As long as the Sonic games aren't designed too safe and have plenty of creativity, it should be fine I think.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
image.jpg

Dat amiibo life

Those kind of people are in the vocal minority honestly. As long as the Sonic games aren't designed too safe and have plenty of creativity, it should be fine I think.
I blame Adventure 2. That game alone split up the whole fanbase and brought in the 12-year old edgy kids who liked Shadow and cause the Dark Age because Sega tried going for the Kingdom Hearts/GTA/Edgelord audience which was the worst thing they can do

Burb

The Absolute Worst
This idea may be a bit out of proportion, but do you guys expect a character reveal at EVO 2015? Personally I don't, but what do you guys think?
EDIT: It seems like a no then...
General rule of thumb: If it's not Direct, a similar Nintendo stream, E3, or an event during E3, there's not gonna be a character reveal.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Wasn't the leak just an elaborate Brawl Hack?
:troll:
Lol I actually don't remember what the leak was, but I think it was also attributed to Ninka Kiwi (Who everyone called Ninja Kiwi) and Neo Zero. Or maybe they were different ones, don't remember.

Edit 1: I have no idea how I got a spoiler in my reply, but cool!

Edit 2: What the heck, 2 spoilers. What am I doing?

Last edited:

Naoshi

You likely got a spoiler tag because the post you've quoted did not added a proper closing code for the spoiler tag.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
View attachment 59520

I blame Adventure 2. That game alone split up the whole fanbase and brought in the 12-year old edgy kids who liked Shadow and cause the Dark Age because Sega tried going for the Kingdom Hearts/GTA/Edgelord audience which was the worst thing they can do
No, I blame Sega's Japanese and American branches doing left hand vs right over Saturn Sonic game and when Adventure came around they told the American Canon to go **** itself. What's a Robotnik?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
General rule of thumb: If it's not Direct, a similar Nintendo stream, E3, or an event during E3, there's not gonna be a character reveal.
Yeah, Evo is quite unlikely for a reveal. I'm still quite excited to see who wins in Smash 4 competitive play though. Hopefully someone can catch Zero off guard and win it.

You likely got a spoiler tag because the post you've quoted did not added a proper closing code for the spoiler tag.
Yeah...
I'm probably one of the biggest n00bs when it comes to complicate forum posts as this is really the only forum I'm signed up on. (I don't really count Miiverse or the Nintendo Tech Forums XD). I am trying to learn more things though XD. Also, I think I fixed the issue by just copying the quote boxes and putting SPOILER in them.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Honest thoughts here. I think Black Knight is better than Colours.
It has a wonderful setting in ye olden times.
And that goes through to the level design, the whole story, (emphasise on Story) and the music.
The voice acting is where Jason really shined.
It and Unleashed showed Jason's Sonic voice at it's best.
Granted I haven't returned to it in a while (My poor Wii is on life-support at this moment ;.; )
So I might be basing this purely on nostalgia. And the fact that it and unleashed are Jason's Final Roles as Sonic.
But I liked Black Knight. (Secret Rings might have my nostalgia but I would not revisit it on occasion)

Chrono.

Adventure was a decent start for the modern series. A reimagining that still manages to build up on established lore while also bringing something new to the table.

And then Adventure 2 took a dump on it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

I'm a part of the crowd that thinks Adventure 2 is the most overrated game in the series.

You spend more time playing the treasure hunting and shooting stages than the speed stages. And the treasure hunting stages weren't exactly well designed imo. Also, you can't put them off like you could in Sonic Adventure since you can't play characters separately.

Even then, I actually think the SA2 speed stages are inferior to SA1 in terms of level design.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Adventure 2 is a tad overrated, I will agree, but I still have fun with it, even with the mech and treasure hunting stages (Mad Space can go **** itself though).

Chrono.

I'm a part of the crowd that thinks Adventure 2 is the most overrated game in the series.

You spend more time playing the treasure hunting and shooting stages than the speed stages. And the treasure hunting stages weren't exactly well designed imo. Also, you can't put them off like you could in Sonic Adventure since you can't play characters separately.

Even then, I actually think the SA2 speed stages are inferior to SA1 in terms of level design.
I agree, the treasure hunting stages were waaaay bigger but nerfing the radar so much made themmore tedious.

Gamma's shooting stages were speedy and felt smooth, SA2's were clunky af.

The speed stages were way too linear and most felt very same-y while SA1's had an open ended-ness feel to them and felt more varied.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
In my Opinion I think Adventure 1 is better than Sa2.
I like Big, Gamma and Amy they added a new perspective to the series.
Sonic, Tails and Knuckles made the jump to 3d really well in SA1.
Then Sa2 shoved Tails in a mech. (I don't mind Eggman in the mech however as it makes logical sense)
Somehow made the treasure hunting levels worse. (Which for a sequel is saying something)
Removed Amy and Big. And Gamma, Because he actually stayed dead unlike the Edge.
Seriously Gamma even for being a robot. It leaves an impact on you when he has to kill his Siblings (robots he was created with)
And then he dies at the end of his story. I also think Big is an extremely underrated character. Big for Smash.Maybe I like Adventure one because it honestly does feel like an adventure with the help of hub Worlds.

Chrono.

If there's one thing SA1 got wrong, it's Tails' levels. (which are really just Sonic's but watered down)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Big might be a cool character but holy cow his levels were the worst, IMO.

I pretty much enjoy SA1 and 2 equally, but I played 2 first and I've played it more so I have more positive feelings about it. I absolutely understand the criticisms, though I personally enjoyed the treasure hunting stages a lot (except Mad Space), and although the shooting levels are kinda eh, they don't really bother me. I also loved all of the Sonic/Shadow stages and thought those were executed well.

I do wish Shadow had actually died at the end of the game though. I could've been spared from ever having to experience Shadow the Hedgehog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom