• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What runs through my head whenever I see people complaining about Sonic Boom and the lack of regular Sonic:

Yes, the games suck, but regular Sonic games have seldom been good over the past decade and a half. The difference in character designs and setting aren't that drastic. Does it really matter that much? I don't recall this much complaining when Sonic grew taller and suddenly became skinnier back in Sonic Adventure. It's really not that big of a deal, I don't think. It's either play a crap game as a blue hedgehog with peach arms or play a crap game as a blue hedgehog with blue arms and sports tape all over his body.

I actually think Tails' design is a step up. He looks hella cute with those little goggles.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can understand how dissatisfied some people got with the roster, but eack.. the MvC2 was the worst for me.. it was nothing more than an official MUGEN game.. they literally put every character from past Marvel's collaborations (including X-Men: Children of Atom and Marvel Super Heroes) without any other ambition. sure they had some newcomers, but doesn't nullify how inconsistent the content feels; ah.. and they put some Darkstalkers there, 'cause why not? :p

--I didn't know about Firebrand at Capcom Unity's poll.. but I don't think that changes his position between Capcom characters; ..
MvC2 was great to me. Playing games like COTA and XvsSF, I always wanted to be able to have Gambit vs. Colossus and such but never could. Especially as it had to be rushed because the license was expiring.

They actually added quite a few new characters to MvC2 as well; Jill, T-Bonne, Son Son, Amingo, Servbot, Ruby Heart, Hayato, Cable and Marrow.

Back then that was about the average for number of new characters in a game. After all, MvC1 only had 6 new characters.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Shuma-Gorath was back, so I was automatically happy with MVC3's roster.

Ultimate brought nothing of note to me, though. Ultron and Vile would have been sweet, but pipe dreams at best-

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just sad that we can't download Shuma or Jill to U/MVC3 anymore. Licensing issues suck and the least they coulda done is patch them in for free before the license expired.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm more disturbed by Waluigi.

What's an Assist Trophy doing on a list of potential DLC characters? Show's over, guys, move along. :glare:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
MvC2 was great to me. Playing games like COTA and XvsSF, I always wanted to be able to have Gambit vs. Colossus and such but never could. Especially as it had to be rushed because the license was expiring.

They actually added quite a few new characters to MvC2 as well; Jill, T-Bonne, Son Son, Amingo, Servbot, Ruby Heart, Hayato, Cable and Marrow.

Back then that was about the average for number of new characters in a game. After all, MvC1 only had 6 new characters.
but MvC1 was a more ambitious as a game than MvC2 ever was; for example, they changed a lot the characters, like Ryu and Zangief; Morrigan was completely different how she was in Darkstalkers, and they did a really good job in all polishing aspects, from the stages, menus, music, everything... MvC2 looked like made by the easiest way possible, with those incompatible 3D stages and lifeness overall design; (without mention that MvC1 came with tiny space after MSHvSF and also had a weaker hardware to work on it)...

but I can relate to the feel of having dream matches in my games; It's what Smash4 is being right now. =P

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
but MvC1 was a more ambitious as a game than MvC2 ever was; for example, they changed a lot the characters, like Ryu and Zangief; Morrigan was completely different how she was in Darkstalkers, and they did a really good job in all polishing aspects, from the stages, menus, music, everything... MvC2 looked like made by the easiest way possible, with those incompatible 3D stages and lifeness overall design; (without mention that MvC1 came with tiny space after MSHvSF and also had a weaker hardware to work on it)...

but I can relate to the feel of having dream matches in my games; It's what Smash4 is being right now. =P
I see what you mean, but I had so much fun with it. It never felt like anything was missing from its predecessors and I could spend hours and hours just learning and mastering all the different characters.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So I know no one else is probably going to care.

But I really hope Starfox Zero isn't a reboot of the franchise, cause it could mean going back to fighting Andross, AGAIN.

Literally Starfox was the one Nintendo series that didn't keep reusing the same main villian over and over again

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Undeserving DLC characters?

King K. Rool
-Snake
-Isaac
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers
-Bayonetta
-Inkling
-Waluigi
-Rayman
- Paper Mario
- Waluigi
- Chibi Robo
- Crystal (or Krystal, however you spell it)
- Rayman
- Banjo Kazooie

As for my reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
You want Rick Astley in Smash before all those characters?
Good taste.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

But I really hope Starfox Zero isn't a reboot of the franchise, cause it could mean going back to fighting Andross, AGAIN.

Literally Starfox was the one Nintendo series that didn't keep reusing the same main villian over and over again
This is likely the fourth game with Andross as the final boss if we count 3D

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What runs through my head whenever I see people complaining about Sonic Boom and the lack of regular Sonic:

Yes, the games suck, but regular Sonic games have seldom been good over the past decade and a half. The difference in character designs and setting aren't that drastic. Does it really matter that much? I don't recall this much complaining when Sonic grew taller and suddenly became skinnier back in Sonic Adventure. It's really not that big of a deal, I don't think. It's either play a crap game as a blue hedgehog with peach arms or play a crap game as a blue hedgehog with blue arms and sports tape all over his body.

I actually think Tails' design is a step up. He looks hella cute with those little goggles.
Sonic is way more taller than he has ever been, and it makes him feel really lanky. It feels really awkward at that. The sports tape is really dumb too. With that said, I like Sonic wearing a scarf, I think that's pretty cool!

Also the settings of Sonic Boom is like out of a generic western cartoony platformer. Sonic's world is suppose to look stylistic and fun. The differences is pretty big.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

Looks like it's going to be just the same old crap again. Really wish they could have just built on Assault, instead of, "when in doubt, go back to 64!"

Starlight_Lily

Looks like it's going to be just the same old crap again. Really wish they could have just built on Assault, instead of, "when in doubt, go back to 64!"
Yeah with Assault it actually felt the Starfox cast was developing. I mean Team Starwolf stopped being evil, and we're just petty criminals.

Although maybe Starfox Zero is a sequel to Starfox Assault and Krystal just retired and decided to go back home or something...

But not likely. I mean I don't really care if she's back or not. But having her would let us know if its after Assault or is a reboot after all.

And going back to 64's play style isn't bad, I'm just don't want them to redo its story again.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'm just sad that we can't download Shuma or Jill to U/MVC3 anymore. Licensing issues suck and the least they coulda done is patch them in for free before the license expired.
I dunno about Jill since she's a capcom character, but they'd need Mavels permission to include shuma for free since the character was licensed to be sold for a price, not given for free (afaik).

Licensing agreements can be a pain.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If Kid Icarus ever gets another game, I have a feeling Dark Pit will take another significant role. I wouldn't be surprised if he was planned to be a major character for the rest of the franchise. It's kinda why I haven't written him off as a one-off character yet.

Backstory to this:

Back when Inafune was in Capcom. Him and Ono had an exchange, Ono would have Ryu in Mega Man Universe, and Inafune would have Bad Box Art Mega Man in SFxT. But MMU was cancelled and BBA Mega Man didn't debut in SFxT til later, which... was very unfortunate timing.
If you listen to Dark Pit's Guidance, it very well could be the plot of another KI game. Like, no joke.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Yeah with Assault it actually felt the Starfox cast was developing. I mean Team Starwolf stopped being evil, and we're just petty criminals.

Although maybe Starfox Zero is a sequel to Starfox Assault and Krystal just retired and decided to go back home or something...

But not likely. I mean I don't really care if she's back or not. But having her would let us know if its after Assault or is a reboot after all.

And going back to 64's play style isn't bad, I'm just don't want them to redo its story again.
Zero is definitely 64-era. Peppy's still a pilot, Pigma and Andrew are still with Star Wolf, Panther and Krystal no where to be seen.

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is way more taller than he has ever been, and it makes him feel really lanky. It feels really awkward at that. The sports tape is really dumb too. With that said, I like Sonic wearing a scarf, I think that's pretty cool!

Also the settings of Sonic Boom is like out of a generic western cartoony platformer. Sonic's world is suppose to look stylistic and fun. The differences is pretty big.
In opinion which do you like better Boom or '06

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Im ready to fight off the forces of nature

again
I'm not sure if you're serious or just joking, but i would play KI games until i was on my deathbead. The characters, plot, settings, weapons, it's such an amazing game. I really hope the series continues as it's one of my favorite period.

Last edited:

Chrono.

If I KIU sequel does happen, I hope it's not based on the Pittoo Guidance.

It wouldn't make sense for Viridi to oppose Palutena anymore, Dark Pit himself calls them out for fighting amongst themselves in one chapter.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm not sure if you're serious or just joking, but i would play KI games until i was on my deathbead. The characters, plot, settings, weapons, it's such an amazing game. I really hope the series continues as it's one of my favorite period.
Half and half there, I would buy the next Kid Icarus if it maintains what Uprising had.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If I KIU sequel does happen, I hope it's not based on the Pittoo Guidance.

It wouldn't make sense for Viridi to oppose Palutena anymore, Dark Pit himself calls them out for fighting amongst themselves in one chapter.
That's just because
ow the edge

Starlight_Lily

Zero is definitely 64-era. Peppy's still a pilot, Pigma and Andrew are still with Star Wolf, Panther and Krystal no where to be seen.
Well I have a small hope that maybe hopefully Starfox Zero is either a midquel to 64 and Adventures or maybe a prequel to Starfox 64. But since Katt shows up and Fox knows who she is, it probably won't be a prequel to 64.

Chrono.

Yeah in opinion 06 all the way,Boom is just too eh to me I mean I like it but I would not keep it around my self
I mean miss Eggman 06
Never forget Uncanny Valley Eggman (big image be careful)

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Sonic 06 gives me honest enjoyment.
I laugh unbearably at the **** that happens to me in the game or the game itself.
I can also say Sonic and the other characters quotes are extremely memorable.
Sonic: "That Tornado's Carrying a Car" "Darn we're not gonna make it, let's speed up"
Shadow: "Don't Touch it"
Silver: "Iblis Trigger" "It's NO UsE!" etc.
The only thing I remember from Boom is, BOOST PAD!, This Must Be A BOOST PAD!.
Not to mention I didn't crack a smile whole playing the Sonic Boom ROL Demo.
I do go back to 06. Haven't beat it bar Sonic's Story.
But I find honest enjoyment from it. And someone is actually remaking it in Generations so even then.
Sonic 06's soundtrack is also incredible and the best part of the game.
Not to mention this:

It makes the game even better.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well I have a small hope that maybe hopefully Starfox Zero is either a midquel to 64 and Adventures or maybe a prequel to Starfox 64. But since Katt shows up and Fox knows who she is, it probably won't be a prequel to 64.
It's a soft reboot. It's probably along the lines of what Star Fox 64 was to Star Fox on the NES.

Chrono.

It would've been okay if SFZ had been a true sequel, but Command left the series in a really awkward position to make a sequel out of it.

Soul.

Sonic Boom is a million times worse than Sonic 06. Despite its flaws, it feels and plays like a Sonic game, unlike Boom (I'm talking about the Wii U version here) is focused on boring combat with no other attack types.
Both games are terrible, but Boom is on another level compared to Sonic 06.
Also, maybe it's just me, but I found Sonic's voice (starting 2005) annoying.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly, I still think 06 was somewhat worse. 06 had one thing Boom didn't, hype. There was a ton of hype surrounding 06, and it turning out the way it did made it more upsetting. A couple people were cautiously optimistic for Boom when it was announced, but that changed during E3.

Still, Rise of Lyric is a very, very, VERY close second, I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it, and I'm happier it's the worse selling game in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom